Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Qabbala

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

divineseraph

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:03 am
Here is something I recently learned from Alchemy and Qabbala, and thought you may be interested in.

To preface, this requires the knowledge that Christianity comes from Judaism, and that Jews and Christians worship the same God named YHWH. So, Jewish symbols will be used. This is not devil-worship or anything, this is going back to our roots. Qabbala is a study of religious texts and ideas.

The four elements, Fire, Air, Earth and Water (Not elements, more like aspects of all things) are shown as triangles. Two are pointed upwards (Fire and Air) and two point downwards (Earth and Water), and when transposed, they make a Star of David. All of the elements combine as a symbol of God. All well and good.

Next up, the Star of David has seven parts- The six points, and the center. These can correspond with the seven planetary metals of Alchemy- Lead, Copper, Tin, Iron, Mercury, Silver and Gold. So God's symbol also includes the metals. How interesting.

The next part is some srs hax.

YHWH is god's name. (Rather, the Hebrew equivalent of YHWH, but I can't type in hebrew). It is meant to be turned and rotated and permeated, as God is infinite and existent in many ways. It has 24 permeations. Now, count all of the points in all of the shapes of the Star of David. there are three in each triangle, so 18 there, and 6 in the hexagon. 24 points.

Hax?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:43 pm
Isn't is spelt Kabbalah?  

Neferet -House of Night-

divineseraph

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:04 pm
Dark Angel Rai
Isn't is spelt Kabbalah?

That is one spelling. Is that really the one thing you're going to comment on?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:02 pm
divineseraph
Dark Angel Rai
Isn't is spelt Kabbalah?

That is one spelling. Is that really the one thing you're going to comment on?
I don't know much about Kabbalah nor do I care for it. I just wanted to make sure that the I was thinking of the same thing and that there are more than one spelling... -shrugs-  

Neferet -House of Night-

divineseraph

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:48 pm
Some people find God in statues and in churches. I find God in the power of scientific, mathematical correspondences.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:12 pm
If you like science and stuff, read The Fingerprint of God. Pretty interesting stuff.  

SloanSage

sunfire09

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:15 pm
it's amazing where you can find God. I had never really much looked into this, but it's very cool and interesting. I like to find out things like this, finding God in numbers and stuff.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games