Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hypnagogue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:06 am
n/t  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:27 pm
I'm afraid I'll get to Heaven and God will sneeze and I won't know what to say.

Do you say, Bless You?  

SloanSage

Mistifear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:04 am
I think the bigger question is: Does God sneeze? =D  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:12 am
Everytime someone sneezes I say the German version.

But everytime you sneeze your heart stops for a second. So I don't think our souls have hearts.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Vondra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:20 am
Actually, sneezing is due to sinuses. I make new records whenever I sneeze since I normally have at least five sneezes at a time. razz I eat fruit so that I don't sneeze, cough, or have many sinus problems.
I also don't understand why people say, "Bless you" every time someone sneezes. I guess people want to bless the person who is sneezing? razz lol I just say, "Excuse you."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:11 am
Vondra
Actually, sneezing is due to sinuses. I make new records whenever I sneeze since I normally have at least five sneezes at a time. razz I eat fruit so that I don't sneeze, cough, or have many sinus problems.
I also don't understand why people say, "Bless you" every time someone sneezes. I guess people want to bless the person who is sneezing? razz lol I just say, "Excuse you."
Like I said. Everytime you sneeze your heart stops for a few seconds..  

Neferet -House of Night-

SloanSage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:32 pm
Your heart stops (or that is the old belief - I don't know what it is scientifically) and so you would say "God Bless you" because your heart stopped and then you were able to come back. Basically the thought was that you kind of died and then you were brought back. Therefore, you were blessed.

Also, sneezing can be caused by allergies and sickness, but sometimes a person will just sneeze. I do. Sneezing is something that you just cannot figure out all the way. Allergies and sinus problems are not the only thing that makes you sneeze. Iritation can do that (pepper, a feather tickling you) as well as suggestion (you will sneeze, you will sneeze, you will sneeze... soon you will sneeze). Stuff like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:37 pm
Mistifear
I think the bigger question is: Does God sneeze? =D

True, true. I guess we will just have to wait to find out, yeah?  

SloanSage

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:49 am
SloanSage
Your heart stops (or that is the old belief - I don't know what it is scientifically) and so you would say "God Bless you" because your heart stopped and then you were able to come back. Basically the thought was that you kind of died and then you were brought back. Therefore, you were blessed.

Also, sneezing can be caused by allergies and sickness, but sometimes a person will just sneeze. I do. Sneezing is something that you just cannot figure out all the way. Allergies and sinus problems are not the only thing that makes you sneeze. Iritation can do that (pepper, a feather tickling you) as well as suggestion (you will sneeze, you will sneeze, you will sneeze... soon you will sneeze). Stuff like that.
There's a japanese supersition that goes if you sneeze it's because people are talking about you behind your back.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:20 am
That is true, too. Then there is the superstition in the west that if your ears burn or ring someone is talking about you.  

SloanSage

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:41 pm
SloanSage
That is true, too. Then there is the superstition in the west that if your ears burn or ring someone is talking about you.
I haven't really heard of that one.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:19 pm
Yep. your ear are also supposed to burn when someone close by is cursing.  

SloanSage

sunfire09

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:03 pm
yeah, I've heard the thing about your ears burning. But my friends and I have started to say "God bless you and God bless America and God save the queen" and all sorts of phrases like that when someone sneezes. It's pretty funny to see what people can think of.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:53 pm
If me or any of my friends sneeze we say "Goddess Bless" then take a tic tac to keep the evil spirits at bay. smile  

Ricette

OneWithDunamis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:36 pm
If God laid such a tight rhyme, would He choke trying to top it?

Just thought I'd add another bodily function to the mix.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff