I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
I'm guessing this is love
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
You're the remedy to my heartbreak
Wouldn't have it any other way
Hope this never dies...

To be perfectly honest, I think that it could very possibly be sleep paralysis and hallucinations.

It could also be a demon, for all we know. If it is, I would suggest praying before you go to sleep, or reading the bible, or something of the sort. In the Bible it says that the demons fear the name of Jesus Christ.

Here's the major question, though. Are you a Christian? Do you follow Christ?

I feel a little strange
You go straight to my brain
Drivin' me oh so crazy
Between the sound and lights
You got me hypnotized
And if there never comes a sunrise
Well, that'd be just fine
This will never die...
But the Bible could say something totally differently. Do we really know if there are demons? For all we know he/she could have schizophrenia. Which is known to give you some weird hallucinations.

i hope i dont have schizophrenia D:
yea im catholic....i did a little research on the numbers and they said its not a bad thing but im still not sure..but im trying to pray every night before i sleep and it happens less. but i think when i forget one night, it happens again....i dont know if this is something bad or good.

maybe it is schizophrenia. I remember one time when i was on gaia with my friend. "Apparently" i changed my username and password to something completely random and told her. And she told me that i told her, i changed it and everything a few minutes before i asked what happened to my account, but i dont remember....it was weiiird. Now that worries me because i could be doing or saying something, without realizing what im doing...who knows(but this is a different story biggrin )
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

Um, Dark Angel, I'm positive that the Bible says that. There are scenes in the Bible where Jesus saves a man who is possessed by demons and casts the demons into a herd of pigs because the demons beg not to go back to Hell. In the end, however, the pigs go crazy and run off of a cliff because of the demons, therefore returning the demons to Hell. I can look it up if you would like the exact passage.

As for the schizophrenia thing, it's possible and might put your mind at ease. If you think that's what it is, be sure to go to a doctor and see what they say.

Also, I think you need to take a step back and examine your beliefs. I don't usually say this, but you need to believe these things because you want to believe them, not just because the Church tells you to believe these things. You need to start doing some reading in the Bible on your own and some personal praying with God.

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...
Back in those days a possession was probably signs of schizophrenia. That is where you get the convulsions from and the images of demons. It's a very serious psychological disorder. And "exorcisms" cause a lot of trauma not only on the body but mentally, and psychologically. This isn't something that God alone can fix. Ever watch the Exorcism of Emily Rose? Or even seen any documentaries on people with schizophrenia? Or taken a look at the DSM (it's a book with every mental/psychological disorder known to man)?

A lot of the stories and hearsay from the olden times (From Caesar's time to Jesus' time) have been linked to mental disorders. People back in those times didn't know what do exactly call them. So they came up with stories of demons and people being descended from the Gods. (Caesar was known to have epileptic seizures. When he had them they thought he decended from Julio...or was it Venus..I don't remember. =.=U). The human imagination is a very very powerful thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:39 pm
I admit that there might be a few people who were just plain crazy, but really, would Jesus just say he was casting out demons when He KNEW they were crazy?

Nope.

Jesus is so cool. He cast out demons.

And demons are real. The Bible says so.

And demons recognize God's authority over them (and therefore Jesus' authority over them).  

SloanSage

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:45 am
SloanSage
I admit that there might be a few people who were just plain crazy, but really, would Jesus just say he was casting out demons when He KNEW they were crazy?

Nope.

Jesus is so cool. He cast out demons.

And demons are real. The Bible says so.

And demons recognize God's authority over them (and therefore Jesus' authority over them).
The Bible also says that eating seafood is a sin.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:29 am
Dark Angel Rai
Back in those days a possession was probably signs of schizophrenia. That is where you get the convulsions from and the images of demons. It's a very serious psychological disorder. And "exorcisms" cause a lot of trauma not only on the body but mentally, and psychologically. This isn't something that God alone can fix. Ever watch the Exorcism of Emily Rose? Or even seen any documentaries on people with schizophrenia? Or taken a look at the DSM (it's a book with every mental/psychological disorder known to man)?

A lot of the stories and hearsay from the olden times (From Caesar's time to Jesus' time) have been linked to mental disorders. People back in those times didn't know what do exactly call them. So they came up with stories of demons and people being descended from the Gods. (Caesar was known to have epileptic seizures. When he had them they thought he decended from Julio...or was it Venus..I don't remember. =.=U). The human imagination is a very very powerful thing.
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

You completely missed my first point about it being in the Bible. You obviously haven't read the passage, so I will post it for you to read. This is Mark 5:1-20

The Healing of a Demon-possessed Man

1They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes.[a] 2When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an evil spirit came from the tombs to meet him. 3This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him any more, not even with a chain. 4For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. 5Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.

6When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7He shouted at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Swear to God that you won't torture me!" 8For Jesus had said to him, "Come out of this man, you evil spirit!"

9Then Jesus asked him, "What is your name?"

"My name is Legion," he replied, "for we are many." 10And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

11A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12The demons begged Jesus, "Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them." 13He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.

14Those tending the pigs ran off and reported this in the town and countryside, and the people went out to see what had happened. 15When they came to Jesus, they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons, sitting there, dressed and in his right mind; and they were afraid. 16Those who had seen it told the people what had happened to the demon-possessed man—and told about the pigs as well. 17Then the people began to plead with Jesus to leave their region.

18As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed begged to go with him. 19Jesus did not let him, but said, "Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you." 20So the man went away and began to tell in the Decapolis[c]how much Jesus had done for him. And all the people were amazed.

Also, I'm not sure about your god, but I know that mine is all powerful and can heal both mentally, physically and spiritually.

Oh, and about the seafood thing, that applies to the Jews, not to Christians because Christ died to abolish sin. Faith in him is the ultimate forgiveness of all sins past, present and future. And a side note: I love sushi and I don't fear for my soul. Christ abolished the old laws and became the new law.

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...

Mistifear

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:19 am
Mistifear
Dark Angel Rai

A lot of the stories and hearsay from the olden times (From Caesar's time to Jesus' time) have been linked to mental disorders. People back in those times didn't know what do exactly call them. So they came up with stories of demons and people being descended from the Gods. (Caesar was known to have epileptic seizures. When he had them they thought he descended from Julio...or was it Venus..I don't remember. =.=U). The human imagination is a very very powerful thing.
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

You completely missed my first point about it being in the Bible. You obviously haven't read the passage, so I will post it for you to read. This is Mark 5:1-20

The Healing of a Demon-possessed Man

1They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes.[a] 2When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an evil spirit came from the tombs to meet him. 3This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him any more, not even with a chain. 4For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. 5Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.

6When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7He shouted at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Swear to God that you won't torture me!" 8For Jesus had said to him, "Come out of this man, you evil spirit!"

9Then Jesus asked him, "What is your name?"

"My name is Legion," he replied, "for we are many." 10And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

11A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12The demons begged Jesus, "Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them." 13He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.

14Those tending the pigs ran off and reported this in the town and countryside, and the people went out to see what had happened. 15When they came to Jesus, they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons, sitting there, dressed and in his right mind; and they were afraid. 16Those who had seen it told the people what had happened to the demon-possessed man—and told about the pigs as well. 17Then the people began to plead with Jesus to leave their region.

18As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed begged to go with him. 19Jesus did not let him, but said, "Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you." 20So the man went away and began to tell in the Decapolis[c]how much Jesus had done for him. And all the people were amazed.

Also, I'm not sure about your god, but I know that mine is all powerful and can heal both mentally, physically and spiritually.

Oh, and about the seafood thing, that applies to the Jews, not to Christians because Christ died to abolish sin. Faith in him is the ultimate forgiveness of all sins past, present and future. And a side note: I love sushi and I don't fear for my soul. Christ abolished the old laws and became the new law.

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...
Okay I'm not a Christian so really telling me a bible verse isn't really going to do me much good. Also belief in just one God isn't going to do much. It didn't help Emily Rose (she died during the exorcism, where was God then?) nor did it help that little girl in Wisconsin who had diabetes (she died because her parents decided not to get her medical attention but wanted to pray. Both have been charged with child neglect I believe. Again if God is almighty why didn't he save her?). I don't know about you but I rely on modern medicine, doctors and science to heal me. Not my pantheons of Gods and Goddesses. Putting belief soley on them is utterly foolish and can one day hinder my life. 3nodding

And the OT applies to both Christians and Jews. The OT is in the Bible. As a Christian you are supposed to follow it to a T. Regardless of what Jesus may or may not have brought. stare  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:25 am
Dark Angel Rai
Okay I'm not a Christian so really telling me a bible verse isn't really going to do me much good. Also belief in just one God isn't going to do much. It didn't help Emily Rose (she died during the exorcism, where was God then?) nor did it help that little girl in Wisconsin who had diabetes (she died because her parents decided not to get her medical attention but wanted to pray. Both have been charged with child neglect I believe. Again if God is almighty why didn't he save her?). I don't know about you but I rely on modern medicine, doctors and science to heal me. Not my pantheons of Gods and Goddesses. Putting belief soley on them is utterly foolish and can one day hinder my life. 3nodding

And the OT applies to both Christians and Jews. The OT is in the Bible. As a Christian you are supposed to follow it to a T. Regardless of what Jesus may or may not have brought. stare
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

As Christians, we follow the Old Testament teachings because we feel compelled to because of Christ. It is not how we get into Heaven, that's all Christ.

As for where was God during those situations, maybe God had a reason for their deaths. Clearly, as humans, we can't perceive to know everything about God's reasoning.

And I'm sorry for quoting a Bible verse, I guess I assumed it was all right since this is a Christian guild and I thought we were talking about all of this within the context of Christianity.

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...

Mistifear

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:21 pm
Mistifear
Dark Angel Rai

I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

As Christians, we follow the Old Testament teachings because we feel compelled to because of Christ. It is not how we get into Heaven, that's all Christ.

As for where was God during those situations, maybe God had a reason for their deaths. Clearly, as humans, we can't perceive to know everything about God's reasoning.

And I'm sorry for quoting a Bible verse, I guess I assumed it was all right since this is a Christian guild and I thought we were talking about all of this within the context of Christianity.

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...
If you look on the Guild's Homepage it clearly says that even though this is a Christian guild it is open to EVERYONE. If it were Christian-only it would be made either private or hidden. I'm talking in the context of common sense, logic and psychology. Psychology applies to how the brain works and hallucinations. (Again take a look at the DSM).

But here's the kicker, isn't God supposed to be everywhere caring about his children (us, humans, not just Christians) making sure we don't hurt each other? Why would he let 2 of his children both had very devout parents and/or were devout believers themselves die like that? What would his reason be? For the hell of it?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:30 pm
Dark Angel Rai
If you look on the Guild's Homepage it clearly says that even though this is a Christian guild it is open to EVERYONE. If it were Christian-only it would be made either private or hidden. I'm talking in the context of common sense, logic and psychology. Psychology applies to how the brain works and hallucinations. (Again take a look at the DSM).

But here's the kicker, isn't God supposed to be everywhere caring about his children (us, humans, not just Christians) making sure we don't hurt each other? Why would he let 2 of his children both had very devout parents and/or were devout believers themselves die like that? What would his reason be? For the hell of it?

I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
Hope this never dies...

I'm not referring to this being a Christian guild in terms of membership. I'm referring to this being a guild that talks about things within the context of Christianity and through the lens of Christianity, including other religions and worldviews.

As I said before, we may not know because God is God and sometimes humans can't understand God's logic. God's omniscient, so he might see something that we don't see and may never see until it's all ready over and done with.

I feel a little strange
Drivin' me oh so crazy
You got me hypnotized
This will never die...

Mistifear

Vondra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:06 pm
To No place like 127 0 0 1: I would suggest quoting scripture out loud or in your mind every time something like that happens in addition with listening to mainly Christian music, praying, and reading your Bible. Memorizing scripture will definitely help in quoting scriptures. razz Also, if a person is watching or listening to demonic stuff it can be an open doorway to the demonic world.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:50 pm
Ok...

Dark Angel Rai: Where in the Bible does it say that eating seafood is wrong? Peter and his brothers were fishermen!!!! Also, Paul talks about eating meat that was not kosher.

And... Jesus is our New Covenant (Testament means covenant...) and the covenant created with Abraham is the old one. Jesus was the answer and the promise to the old covenant.

And about using Bible verses... if you are going to argue with the Bible against us, then we kind of assume you have access to one (and you have access to the internet, so you DO have access to all the forms of the Bible out there...)

People die. We die because Sin entered into the world. Death is the consequence of Sin. No human is good or pure. We are corrupted by the Sin.

Prayer does not solve all things. Yes, we are to pray for all things, but we cannot expect an answer.

Those parents of that little girl who died were wrong. They did not trust God in that they did not trust those whom God created and blessed to be doctors.

Also, traditionally only God (in His divine and singular form) is a proper noun. The name of one of you gods or goddess is capitalized, but the pantheon as a whole is not a proper noun. (Sorry... picky English Major thing...)

And as Christians, we are not to follow the Old Testament to a T. Some of those laws put in place for the Jews in those days were for health reasons. They did not know how to cut up beef or how to cook it in the conditions they were in. Now we do. 1 Corinthians talks about this.

(and no, we will not quit using scripture, because that is where we get our teachings from... like a text book, only for life.)  

SloanSage

OneWithDunamis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:07 pm
It could be a mental thing, or it could be a spiritual thing. Consult professionals of both fields if it's still an issue today. I've heard of psychiatric help that has worked, and I've heard of exorcisms that have worked. Instead of trying to figure out who has a better argument on here, just do both and hopefully one method will work. We're not professionals in either field most likely, not to mention that from behind a computer screen we can't fully analyze the situation; your account of it is not enough for anyone to analyze.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:39 pm
okay thanks guys..this is solved. God told me it was a mental thing. I wasnt possessed by demons lol  

No place like 127 0 0 1

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces