PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:15 am
D:
i dont understand finnish but i like this song surprised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B28UTGQMM5I

is it bad to listen to black/death/gothenburg/melodeath metal? lol
i never really liked much of christian bands..or at least i cant find much D:
it wont corrupt my soul!! ...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:20 am
well that was a really obvious question...

unless someone can suggest me reallly good christian metal bands. I cant help "that" type of metal has better music than christian metal!! D:
-shame- emo

i dont like hardrock...  

No place like 127 0 0 1

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:13 am
It's not bad to listen to the dark stuff. There is prolly a deeper meaning to the songs that what you realize.

A good Christian metal band would be Demon Hunter.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:29 am
Metal is good for you.

Try some Rage Against the Machine, not exactly metal, but good stuff.

Protest the hero as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcNWXDfKMnM Bloodmeat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKgtb39giFg The Dissentience  

divineseraph

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:22 pm
Dark Angel Rai
It's not bad to listen to the dark stuff. There is prolly a deeper meaning to the songs that what you realize.

ergh..i have some of their songs..i dont really like them..theyre not great compared to other stuff. And the sad thing is, they are great compared to other random Christian metal bands ( sorry, no affence...i only ever sort of liked one of their songs)
thanks anyway :[  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:35 pm
divineseraph
Metal is good for you.

i know metal IS good for you mrgreen
thanks, ill check them out  

No place like 127 0 0 1

divineseraph

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:04 pm
No place like 127 0 0 1
divineseraph
Metal is good for you.

i know metal IS good for you mrgreen
thanks, ill check them out

If someone sings for a cause you agree with, it doesn't matter if they're christian or not. Hell, you can BE christian and fight against the church, or the patriarchal, distrustful state it is in now. Hence rocking out to Wretch by Protest the Hero.

Now, this will turn into a rant, so prepare yourself.

Wretch ends with the line "Our Goddess gave birth to your God". I have heard from many of you here that the gender of God is irrelevant. So, Our God could very well be a Goddess too. Goddess refers to the more passionate, caring side of religion. As it is now, the religions are all fighting, and they all hate each other, basically. This is propagated by religious leaders claiming that they and they alone know the way of God. the original God idea branched into three separate, equally hateful, and thus equally sinful views.

Therefore, it could be said that the original Goddess (YHWH, the one of peace and mercy that Jesus, Moses, Abraham and Mohammed spoke of) gave birth to this God of distrust and malice. Of course, the God didn't change, but people's ideas of what the God wanted have. And I feel it's a perversion of God's original intent- An offspring of the original, and a negative one.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:53 am
No place like 127 0 0 1
Dark Angel Rai

ergh..i have some of their songs..i dont really like them..theyre not great compared to other stuff. And the sad thing is, they are great compared to other random Christian metal bands ( sorry, no affence...i only ever sort of liked one of their songs)
thanks anyway :[
I don't like them either really. It's the only Christian band I know of and I used to like them.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:18 am
Nothing wrong with listening to metal ^^

That actually sounds like a good song! But there are some good Christian bands out there.
You'll probably like Admonish, Antestor, Horde, Slechtvalk, Paramaecium, Altera Enigma, Drottnar, Place of Skulls, Crimson Moonlight, Deliverance, Morphia, Mortification, Sacrificium, Majestic Vanguard.

My personal favorites are Divinefire, Thy Will Be Done, Immortal Souls, Human Fortress, Pantokrator (gosh, this group is AMAZING), Ivory Moon and Renascent.

Go ahead and click away. You're bound to find something you like.

My favorite quote concerning black metal: "Ha! The Lord beats Satan at his own music! This would have Arch Angel Gabriel headbanging xD"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:37 am
Zora Darkblade
Nothing wrong with listening to metal ^^

That actually sounds like a good song! But there are some good Christian bands out there.
You'll probably like Admonish, Antestor, Horde, Slechtvalk, Paramaecium, Altera Enigma, Drottnar, Place of Skulls, Crimson Moonlight, Deliverance, Morphia, Mortification, Sacrificium, Majestic Vanguard.

My personal favorites are Divinefire, Thy Will Be Done, Immortal Souls, Human Fortress, Pantokrator (gosh, this group is AMAZING), Ivory Moon and Renascent.

Go ahead and click away. You're bound to find something you like.

My favorite quote concerning black metal: "Ha! The Lord beats Satan at his own music! This would have Arch Angel Gabriel headbanging xD"

oh well dramallama Just that theres a lot of "so-so-meh" bands and i really am tired of them.

thanks. That a lot. Ill check them out.  

No place like 127 0 0 1

No place like 127 0 0 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:56 am
okay one christian metal band with a video clip of a burning cross..now thats new! some dont seem much like christian bands... : o

never heard of unblackened metal and christian death metal before.. dramallama  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:58 pm
No place like 127 0 0 1
okay one christian metal band with a video clip of a burning cross..now thats new! some dont seem much like christian bands... : o

never heard of unblackened metal and christian death metal before.. dramallama
Whoa... sorry about that O.O;;;
I guess some groups tend to go a little on the extreme side xD

I'm new to the genre too, but a few groups have really caught my attention. I avoided Christian metal before because a lot of the really popular stuff like Underoath and The Devil Wears Prada doesn't keep me impressed for too long ^w^  

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:37 pm
I don't like modern Christian music because of the sheer lack of quality. Granted, I'm a musician and my standards are higher than most, but I'll take Phish and Pink Floyd over any Christian bands I've encountered just because the music is a whole lot better.

And so long as you're not a complete idiot and think "zomg, dis band talks about how satan is awesome so now im gonna worship satan!!!111!!" I don't see any issue with listening to music that isn't blanently Christian.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Dark Angel Rai

Okay. There are deeper meanings to some secular songs. However, not all dark stuff is good for you. I suggest a broadening of taste (that can include metal) which will help in the sparsness area of the Christian music you have.

Look at iTunes and type in Demon Hunter. There you will get suggestions of what others (in this genre) there are.

Look for artists such as:

A.W.A.S.
Afterimage
Alethian
Angel 7
As I Lay Dying
At The Throne Of Judgment
August Burns Red
Becoming The Archetype
Benea Reach
Brining Down Broadway
Cage
Common Yet Forbidden
Demon Hunter
Drottnar
Earth From Above
Embodiment
Evriklidon
Extol
Feast Eternal
Frost Like Ashes
Glass Casket
Haste The Day
Holy Blood
Hopesfall
Horde
Immortal Souls
Impending Doom
Indwelling
Inhale Exhale
Kingston Falls
Living Sacrifice
Lo-Ruhamah
Mortal Treason
Mortification
My Silent Wake
Officer Negative
Oh, Sleeper
Pantokrator
Sacrificium
Scar Symmetry
Soul Embraced
A Thousand Times Repent
Tortured Conscience
Virgin Black
With Blood Comes Cleansing
Zao

Hope this helps, and happy hunting!  

SloanSage

SloanSage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:06 pm
SinfulGuillotine
I don't like modern Christian music because of the sheer lack of quality. Granted, I'm a musician and my standards are higher than most, but I'll take Phish and Pink Floyd over any Christian bands I've encountered just because the music is a whole lot better.

And so long as you're not a complete idiot and think "zomg, dis band talks about how satan is awesome so now im gonna worship satan!!!111!!" I don't see any issue with listening to music that isn't blanently Christian.

Maybe you are just not looking hard enough? (says a Music Major with many musicians under the belt and many friends who can tell more about a band just by what they hear...)

You can find them, they just may not be the most popular ones out there. You just have to look.

No place like 127 0 0 1

Maybe there is a point to the burning cross... look at the lyrics, and maybe there is a story being played out. Music videos have a TON of hidden meanings in them and you cannot take them at face value.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff