hypnagogue

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:03 pm
oh wait nevermind he doesn't exist  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:38 am
haha lyk OMG ur soooo funny!!Shift+1  

Kateryna of Kyiv

divineseraph

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:22 am
Aww, man, bummer about your god. Good news though, our God exists. Feel free to stop on by and check him out, he goes by YHWH.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:55 am
divineseraph
Aww, man, bummer about your god. Good news though, our God exists. Feel free to stop on by and check him out, he goes by YHWH.
I think the OP does mean your God. And or all the other Gods. But your God and all the other Gods DO exist whether they are the same one or just like to co-exist happily with each other. Something us humans should do. Ya know?  

Neferet -House of Night-

rillegas08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:13 pm
While some may put together an almost convincing case, here's Ray Comfort's take on why atheism is illogical:

Imagine that of all the knowledge in the universe you know an amazing 1%. In that other 99%, couldn't there be sufficient evidence to prove that God exists?

Why do I write that? Because in order to say something doesn't exist, you need a full knowledge on what it is you claim doesn't exist. Gold in China, perhaps, or life on other planets are other examples. Even if you know 99.9% about something and still haven't found evidence that proves that something does exist, there's still that .1%. However, to say that something exists, you only need a minimal amount of evidence to prove your claim. For example, gravity. Drop something and the force of gravity pulls it toward the center of the earth. We don't know everything about gravity, but we know it exists.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:35 pm
God is real!And if you dont belive it when Jesus comes then you go to hell.  

xlxBeautifulTragedyxlx

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:07 pm
rainstar123
But your vision of hell could be another's vision of heaven.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:42 pm
Dark Angel Rai
divineseraph
I think the OP does mean your God. And or all the other Gods. But your God and all the other Gods DO exist whether they are the same one or just like to co-exist happily with each other. Something us humans should do. Ya know?

Oh, I know. He was being a smartass douche, so I decided to be a smartass douche.  

divineseraph

hypnagogue

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:47 pm
rainstar123

So you believe in God because he threatens you into believing in him? Is this a religion or a cult?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:24 pm
Kapplar
rainstar123

So you believe in God because he threatens you into believing in him? Is this a religion or a cult?

You're not a very clever troll.  

divineseraph

hypnagogue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:15 am
divineseraph
Kapplar
rainstar123

Wasn't even trolling with that post - I was challenging his beliefs.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:24 am
Kapplar

Wasn't even trolling with that post - I was challenging his beliefs.

Then you did a poor job at it. No where in the definition of cult does it say one threatens you into believing something.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:26 am
rillegas08
While some may put together an almost convincing case, here's Ray Comfort's take on why atheism is illogical:

Imagine that of all the knowledge in the universe you know an amazing 1%. In that other 99%, couldn't there be sufficient evidence to prove that God exists?

Why do I write that? Because in order to say something doesn't exist, you need a full knowledge on what it is you claim doesn't exist. Gold in China, perhaps, or life on other planets are other examples. Even if you know 99.9% about something and still haven't found evidence that proves that something does exist, there's still that .1%. However, to say that something exists, you only need a minimal amount of evidence to prove your claim. For example, gravity. Drop something and the force of gravity pulls it toward the center of the earth. We don't know everything about gravity, but we know it exists.
Well said.
You deserve a biscuit biggrin

divineseraph

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:31 pm
Blaise Pascal challenged his atheist friend...

You believe that after death there is nothing, I beleive that after death there is victory. If you are right, then we both lose. But if I am right however, you still lose and I gain everything.

he also said...

Belief is a wise wager. Granted that faith cannot be proved, what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager, then, without hesitation, that He exists.

Basically, until you give God a try, you won't know the truth.

Also... see my signature.  

SloanSage

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:43 am
SloanSage
Blaise Pascal challenged his atheist friend...

You believe that after death there is nothing, I beleive that after death there is victory. If you are right, then we both lose. But if I am right however, you still lose and I gain everything.

he also said...

Belief is a wise wager. Granted that faith cannot be proved, what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager, then, without hesitation, that He exists.

Basically, until you give God a try, you won't know the truth.

Also... see my signature.
Pascal's Wager is unreliable. It's also outdated. ^.^v  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas