Christian Psychic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChibiLi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:02 pm
Friendly Yoshi
I believe they call that the gift of prophecy unless I'm confusing your described talent. Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be unaware. You know that when you were pagans, you were led astray to the mute idols, however you were led. Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit. Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons. But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit; to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills. (1 Corinthians 12:1-11)

Their is also the gift of watchman which is described in the old testament. If you continue to read you find out that Paul talks about how people of Christ are the body and how these gifts help.

heart 3nodding Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and the word of God. I especially liked when you said "...there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord." I know that's not directly to what I'm talking about but I just thought it was cool because for some reason there's this uproar of stupid petty competition between pastors in some ministries. But that's beside the point lol. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:08 pm
Bound4LIFE
Friendly Yoshi
I believe they call that the gift of prophecy unless I'm confusing your described talent. Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be unaware. You know that when you were pagans, you were led astray to the mute idols, however you were led. Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit. Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons. But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit; to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills. (1 Corinthians 12:1-11)

Their is also the gift of watchman which is described in the old testament. If you continue to read you find out that Paul talks about how people of Christ are the body and how these gifts help.

I was totally going to bring that up; o:

I go to a very charasmatic church so yeah,

But I agree!!
It's most likely that God has something planned for you that has to do with what you are seeing.

I agree I think the Lord always has things planned for us for a reason and that's an encouraging thought, and so now I must pray and ask for patience that this purpose will be revealed to His will.

(Hehe funny side story, I was being dropped off by a friend of mine and my earphones were missing. I distinctly remembered taking off the earphones from my iPod IN THE CAR, yet it was literally nowhere to be found. The next Sunday, I decided to replace them with a cheap pair from Target, where I found the cutest pair of pink ones ever. This doesn't sound fantastic, except that a few days back I was thinking of how cool it would be to have pink earphones. The Lord always hears the desires of our hearts even when we don't purposely express them. He cares that much heart )

ChibiLi

ChibiLi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14 pm
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08
The Pied Piper of Sunday
ChibiLi
Because it's not like I use demons or anything, it's just....creepy

magic is not evil,
its just not the fruit we chose to eat...

I was disagreing ith your logic/beliefs...
^_^

Magic isn't evil? Then why does God condemn it repeatedly?
God doesn't condemn it. Humanity condemns it because humanity chooses not to understand that which is the unknown.

I agree because "magic" is such a vague term. It's usually used to describe something that's happening that came about by other means then just..well...normal stuff. When the Lord enabled Moses to turn his staff into a snake that was technically magic, but SPECIFICALLY God's great power. When witches cast spells by means of demons, that's magic too, but demonic magic.

So, generally, magic isn't good or bad, it just depends on who's using it. And why...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:36 am
ChibiLi
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08
The Pied Piper of Sunday
ChibiLi
Because it's not like I use demons or anything, it's just....creepy

magic is not evil,
its just not the fruit we chose to eat...

I was disagreing ith your logic/beliefs...
^_^

God doesn't condemn it. Humanity condemns it because humanity chooses not to understand that which is the unknown.

I agree because "magic" is such a vague term. It's usually used to describe something that's happening that came about by other means then just..well...normal stuff. When the Lord enabled Moses to turn his staff into a snake that was technically magic, but SPECIFICALLY God's great power. When witches cast spells by means of demons, that's magic too, but demonic magic.

So, generally, magic isn't good or bad, it just depends on who's using it. And why...
It's the intent of the user. As humans we want to apply our morals to EVERYTHING when in reality that isn't the case. I think this quote applies here. "What's fair is foul and foul is fair". What's good for someone can be bad for another. Our morals aren't universal, they're our own personal beliefs.  

Neferet -House of Night-

rillegas08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:54 pm
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08

Really? Apparently there are some hidden meanings in verses such as these that aren't there in the first place:

1 Samuel 15:23 -- "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, He hath also rejected thee from being king."

2 Kings 9:22 -- "And it came to pass, when Joram saw Jehu, that he said, "Is it peace, Jehu?" And he answered, "What peace, so long as the whoredoms of thy mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many?"

2 Chronicles 33:6 -- "And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom; also he observed omens, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with mediums and with wizards. He wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD to provoke Him to anger."

Micah 5:12 -- "And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand, and thou shalt have no more soothsayers."

Nahum 3:4 -- "Because of the multitude of the whoredoms of the wellfavored harlot, the mistress of witchcraft, that selleth nations through her whoredom, and families through her witchcraft."

Galations 5:19-21 -- "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, and they are these: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, quarreling, rivalry, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envying, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like. About these things I tell you again, as I have also told you in times past, that those who do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God.

None of these passages show that God doesn't condemn witchcraft; in fact, whenever someone uses witchcraft and doesn't turn from it, that person is damned! Case in point: King Saul and Jezebel. If you want a less extreme example, good luck finding one.
If I remember correctly, God is supposed to be LOVING, so would a loving God condemn someone? Would anyone that is loving condemn anyone? Think about it for a moment.

You are correct in saying that God is loving, but you are forgetting that God is also JUST. A good judge doesn't acquit someone just because he says he is sorry. A good judge follows the law and requires restitution for wrongdoing. Case in point, a man killed someone and there are a few options the judge could make: let him go regardless of the fact that he broke the law (making the judge a bad judge and placing himself under the law for obstruction of justice and endangering the lives of others); send him to prison because he broke the law; make him pay a hefty fine because he broke the law; give him the death sentence, depending on the circumstances because he broke the law. See a pattern? If someone breaks the Law, there has to be restitution.

God is supposed to be just, so would a just God condemn anyone? Yes. Would anyone that is just condemn anyone? Yes. Think about it for a moment.
Someone who was just wouldn't condemn anyone. That's the thing. You assume that people that are just have the right to condemn anyone which isn't the case. Regardless, a just parent wouldn't send a child to jail because they told a white-lie. Does that sound just to you or just plain stupid? Would you send your kid to jail for telling a white lie? Or even abandon them?

Uh, did you even read my post? Any judge who doesn't follow the law, regardless of how much he cares for someone, is not a good judge. That's the thing. You assume that people who are loving care more about feelings than the greater good. Say a serial killer is on the loose. When forensics find the perpetrator, would anyone want that person to go free?

Say the chief of an African tribe finds out that there is a plot to kill him and he decrees that anyone found in the act of treason will be given 100 lashes without mercy, pointing out how serious the mutiny is to the chief.
When he finds out that his own son is the leader of the coup, he could break his word and let his son go free because of his love for him, he could give his son 100 lashes without mercy, or he would have himself be given the 100 lashes in place of his son. In the first case, the chief is a bad leader and should be overthrown. In the last two cases, justice has been served, showing his tribe his justice and his love.

Any questions?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:04 pm
rillegas08
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08

Really? Apparently there are some hidden meanings in verses such as these that aren't there in the first place:

1 Samuel 15:23 -- "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, He hath also rejected thee from being king."

2 Kings 9:22 -- "And it came to pass, when Joram saw Jehu, that he said, "Is it peace, Jehu?" And he answered, "What peace, so long as the whoredoms of thy mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many?"

2 Chronicles 33:6 -- "And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom; also he observed omens, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with mediums and with wizards. He wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD to provoke Him to anger."

Micah 5:12 -- "And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand, and thou shalt have no more soothsayers."

Nahum 3:4 -- "Because of the multitude of the whoredoms of the wellfavored harlot, the mistress of witchcraft, that selleth nations through her whoredom, and families through her witchcraft."

Galations 5:19-21 -- "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, and they are these: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, quarreling, rivalry, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envying, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like. About these things I tell you again, as I have also told you in times past, that those who do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God.

None of these passages show that God doesn't condemn witchcraft; in fact, whenever someone uses witchcraft and doesn't turn from it, that person is damned! Case in point: King Saul and Jezebel. If you want a less extreme example, good luck finding one.
If I remember correctly, God is supposed to be LOVING, so would a loving God condemn someone? Would anyone that is loving condemn anyone? Think about it for a moment.

You are correct in saying that God is loving, but you are forgetting that God is also JUST. A good judge doesn't acquit someone just because he says he is sorry. A good judge follows the law and requires restitution for wrongdoing. Case in point, a man killed someone and there are a few options the judge could make: let him go regardless of the fact that he broke the law (making the judge a bad judge and placing himself under the law for obstruction of justice and endangering the lives of others); send him to prison because he broke the law; make him pay a hefty fine because he broke the law; give him the death sentence, depending on the circumstances because he broke the law. See a pattern? If someone breaks the Law, there has to be restitution.

God is supposed to be just, so would a just God condemn anyone? Yes. Would anyone that is just condemn anyone? Yes. Think about it for a moment.
Someone who was just wouldn't condemn anyone. That's the thing. You assume that people that are just have the right to condemn anyone which isn't the case. Regardless, a just parent wouldn't send a child to jail because they told a white-lie. Does that sound just to you or just plain stupid? Would you send your kid to jail for telling a white lie? Or even abandon them?

Uh, did you even read my post? Any judge who doesn't follow the law, regardless of how much he cares for someone, is not a good judge. That's the thing. You assume that people who are loving care more about feelings than the greater good. Say a serial killer is on the loose. When forensics find the perpetrator, would anyone want that person to go free?

Say the chief of an African tribe finds out that there is a plot to kill him and he decrees that anyone found in the act of treason will be given 100 lashes without mercy, pointing out how serious the mutiny is to the chief.
When he finds out that his own son is the leader of the coup, he could break his word and let his son go free because of his love for him, he could give his son 100 lashes without mercy, or he would have himself be given the 100 lashes in place of his son. In the first case, the chief is a bad leader and should be overthrown. In the last two cases, justice has been served, showing his tribe his justice and his love.

Any questions?
I skimmed through it trying to get the main point of the post.

Anyways, I'm going to twist your point a bit and say that it may seem like love to the tribe but to an outsider, it seems like cruel and unusual punishment. Remember, what's fair is foul and foul is fair. What is right in one culture is wrong in another.  

Neferet -House of Night-

SUPERSQUIRRELX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:21 pm
Christian Psychic? I don't think it's impossible, sure it's can sometimes be derived from evil sources. However, I think that maybe science has things yet to be proven in that field. At the sub-atomic level it's concievable to be able to have premonitions or read minds. Perhaps it might even be something from God.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:21 am
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08

Any questions?

Anyways, I'm going to twist your point a bit and say that it may seem like love to the tribe but to an outsider, it seems like cruel and unusual punishment. Remember, what's fair is foul and foul is fair. What is right in one culture is wrong in another.

Fine. Then let's say you find out about a plot to kill your father and you find out that his brother, your uncle, is planning it as revenge because your father recieved more attention as a child. What then?  

rillegas08

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:41 pm
rillegas08
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08

Any questions?

Fine. Then let's say you find out about a plot to kill your father and you find out that his brother, your uncle, is planning it as revenge because your father recieved more attention as a child. What then?
I'd leave it up to the authorites. Again. It is not my place to judge nor to give out punishment. Especially in this day and age. If you are to take out your uncle you would face jail time.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:25 pm
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08

Any questions?

I'd leave it up to the authorites. Again. It is not my place to judge nor to give out punishment. Especially in this day and age. If you are to take out your uncle you would face jail time.

That wasn't the point. If you found out your uncle was plotting to kill your father, would you, out of love for you uncle, let him go, or would, you out of love for your father and out of justice, report it to the authorities?  

rillegas08

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:38 pm
rillegas08
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08
Dark Angel Rai
rillegas08

Any questions?

That wasn't the point. If you found out your uncle was plotting to kill your father, would you, out of love for you uncle, let him go, or would, you out of love for your father and out of justice, report it to the authorities?
It wouldn't be the love of my father, but more so my common sense telling me to report it to the authorities. Making decisions based on love aren't always the wisest ones to make.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:31 am
Dark Angel Rai

It wouldn't be the love of my father, but more so my common sense telling me to report it to the authorities. Making decisions based on love aren't always the wisest ones to make.
But you just agreed that God is a loving god, and if we are made after him are we not too loving beings by default.  

Elite Dragoon

Phantom

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:15 am
Elite Dragoon
Dark Angel Rai

But you just agreed that God is a loving god, and if we are made after him are we not too loving beings by default.
You're not getting it. Just because God is loving does not mean he should be this cruel monster that people have painted him as such. Being loving means you have compassion for others. If you give them a cruel punishment then that compassion is gone. Think about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:20 pm
Dark Angel Rai
You're not getting it. Just because God is loving does not mean he should be this cruel monster that people have painted him as such. Being loving means you have compassion for others. If you give them a cruel punishment then that compassion is gone. Think about it.

But the bible says that God is a just God, also that yes he is an angry and jealous God.

Why? Youre right it doesn't make sense, if he is so loving and compassionate and perfect why would he be jealous and angry?

Again, because we are molded after his image of perfection.

Reason in being, think of this.

If you had made something so beautiful and poured your heart and soul into it? Wouldn't you be angry if someone took your work as their own and flaunted it.

This is about the same as us worshiping other things. It's our disobedience that angers him, because we are giving credit to something else that doesn't deserve it and not give credit to the one who poured his work over it, that being us.  

Elite Dragoon

Phantom

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:12 pm
Elite Dragoon
Dark Angel Rai

But the bible says that God is a just God, also that yes he is an angry and jealous God.

Why? Youre right it doesn't make sense, if he is so loving and compassionate and perfect why would he be jealous and angry?

Again, because we are molded after his image of perfection.

Reason in being, think of this.

If you had made something so beautiful and poured your heart and soul into it? Wouldn't you be angry if someone took your work as their own and flaunted it.

This is about the same as us worshiping other things. It's our disobedience that angers him, because we are giving credit to something else that doesn't deserve it and not give credit to the one who poured his work over it, that being us.
it seems to me that it's the other way around. Humanity has give God human emotions. Not God giving humans these emotions. If someone took my work of art, I could care less. It's crap anyways, I always sign my name, and work to improve my art. So in a year or so, my style would change.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff