The Dizzy Drake Tavern/Inn Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Decorera

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:17 pm
As the others comforted Shiandria, Jarad slipped out and made his was to the girl's cottage. He stepped inside and shut the door behind him, startling the woman who sat by the hearth. "ere now. Who are ye?"

Jarad bowed to the tear-stained woman, "My name is Jarad. Your daughter told me of her son's abduction. I think I can help if you would let me examine the boy's sleeping place."

The woman stared at him as if trying to judge his honesty. "This way." As set of blankets lay mussed atop a straw pallet. Jarad crounched and held his hand out over them. A faint wave of heat still lingered, but it was fading fast. Jarad breath in deep through his nostrils; a faint scent of dried blood hung in the air but stronger still was the smell of damp earth and wintergreen. The man remained crouched and cast his eyes about the room. He first spotted a small purple feather; something a boy might pick up and bring home. Pulling on his gloves, he picked the feather up and held it close to study it.

"Are there any purple finches or martins near this area?" A puzzled, "Nay," whisper out from behind him. Jarad pocketed the feather and then tilted his head to the side. After looking for a long moment, Jarad stood and moved a small chest. Beneath it lay a small clear stone; redish in hue. It was too smooth and too round to be natural and, though it was a perfect sphere, it didn't roll even an centemeter from its position. Jarad nudged it with a piece of wood but it remained stuck to the floor. "Hmmm,"

Jarad pulled out a small piece of black cloth, about the size of a handkerchief, and drew his iron knife. He paused, knife at the ready, and then he swiftly slid the knife between the clear red stone and the floor. Angry sparks of lightning shot up from the stone the moment it touched iron. Jarad quickly threw the cloth over the stone and wrapped it up. Then he tucked it and his knife away into more pockets.

Jarad looked around once more and then stood to leave. Shiandria's mother laid a hand on his leather clad arm. "Ye'll bring me grandbabe back, won't ye sir? Please?" Jarad nodded, "I do my very best, marm."

The man investigated the surounding folliage and found to his delight, no wintergreen. Instead he found something even better, a trail. It was faint but there was a track every now and then. Taking care to note the location, Jarad returned to the Tavern. He went immediatly to a table and pulled a map out of his pocket. He spread it open and began looking at it intently.  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:33 pm
(( One year since last post, so locking up this RP thread. See a Mod if you wish to have the Dizzy Drake Tavern opened back up again. 4laugh ))  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Old Topics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out