My idea of salvation for those that havn't heard

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

8Ares8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:57 pm
my personal answer
-Point A:The bible says that there is no time after death... ergo everyone that never heard of Christ would be in the same place at the same time...
-Point B:The Greeks idea of Hades was actually close to what the bible describes through bits&pieces in the bible--- For the saints and prophets etc... went to be with God but not in heaven, every one else that died before Christ did or never heard of Him went to a place of waiting...
Main point: when Christ was gone for those three days till He rose He preached to those in waiting those who accepted Him went to heaven those who didn't went to hell.

Remember all who ever died and never heard his word were there at the same"time" because there was no time a thousand years was a day and a day was a thousand years...
who agrees???  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:23 pm
I don't think it's JESUS that is the way, I think it's JESUS' WAY that is the way.  

divineseraph

Metanoeo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:13 pm
8Ares8
My personal answer.

- Point B: The Greeks idea of Hades was actually close to what the bible describes through bits&pieces in the bible--- For the saints and prophets etc... went to be with God but not in heaven, every one else that died before Christ did or never heard of Him went to a place of waiting...

Prophets and believers of the "Old Testament" times were sent to Abraham's Bosom (Luke 16). So, I agree with this point.

8Ares8
- Point A: The Bible says that there is no time after death... ergo everyone that never heard of Christ would be in the same place at the same time...

Main point: when Christ was gone for those three days till He rose He preached to those in waiting those who accepted Him went to heaven those who didn't went to hell.

The work of Christ after his crucifixion was final, done, complete. I don't see Abraham's Bosom opened to those who never heard the gospel. Not to mention, there is no personal freewill to accept Christ. Those who believe have be predestined to accept Christ according to God's sovereign will. (Eph 1:3-14)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:45 am
Reformed Baptist
8Ares8
My personal answer.

- Point B: The Greeks idea of Hades was actually close to what the bible describes through bits&pieces in the bible--- For the saints and prophets etc... went to be with God but not in heaven, every one else that died before Christ did or never heard of Him went to a place of waiting...

Prophets and believers of the "Old Testament" times were sent to Abraham's Bosom (Luke 16). So, I agree with this point.

8Ares8
- Point A: The Bible says that there is no time after death... ergo everyone that never heard of Christ would be in the same place at the same time...

The work of Christ after his crucifixion was finally, done, complete. I don't see Abraham's Bosom opened to those who never heard the gospel. Not to mention, there is no personal freewill to accept Christ. Those who believe have be predestined to accept Christ according to God's sovereign will. (Eph 1:3-14)

were you really a Baptist?

ya know
I dated a baptist once
that girl was crazy
she...nevermind...I'm off topic again

but really?  

lordstar

Metanoeo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:19 pm
lordstar

but really?
Yes, I am a Baptist. *wait...* Make that a "Reformed" Baptist. wink

*sigh* But really... predestination happened...

Ephesians 1:3-14
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Oh yaaa!! whee  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:28 pm
Reformed Baptist
lordstar

but really?

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Oh yaaa!! whee

So if everyone is predestined to accept Jesus or not, what is the point in doing anything since everything is already determined to happen?  

divineseraph

lordstar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:35 pm
divineseraph
Reformed Baptist
lordstar

but really?

Oh yaaa!! whee

So if everyone is predestined to accept Jesus or not, what is the point in doing anything since everything is already determined to happen?

not this again
rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:55 am
lordstar
divineseraph
Reformed Baptist
lordstar

but really?

Oh yaaa!! whee

not this again
rolleyes

I'm sorry, I enjoy stirring up critical thinking.

Was it Socrates who said that a life unanalyzed is a life not worth living?  

divineseraph

IcarusDream

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:44 am
divineseraph

As it is written: "I loved Jacob but hated Esau." What then are we to say? Is there injustice on the part of God? Of course not! For he says to Moses: "I will show mercy to whom I will, I will take pity on whom I will." So it depends not upon a person's will or exertion, but upon God, who shows mercy. For the scripture says to Pharaoh, "This is why I have raised you up, to show my power through you that my name may be proclaimed throughout the earth."

Consequently, he has mercy upon whom he wills, and he hardens whom he wills. You will say to me then, "Why (then) does he still find fault? For who can oppose his will?" But who indeed are you, a human being, to talk back to God? Will what is made say to its maker,"Why have you created me so?" Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for a noble purpose and another for an ignoble one? What if God, wishing to show his wrath and make known his power, has endured with much patience the abhorrent vesssels made for destruction? This was to make known the riches of his glory to the vessels of mercy, which he has prepared previously for glory. - Romans 9:13-23

Some emphasis added...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:05 am
IcarusDream
divineseraph

As it is written: "I loved Jacob but hated Esau." What then are we to say? Is there injustice on the part of God? Of course not! For he says to Moses: "I will show mercy to whom I will, I will take pity on whom I will." So it depends not upon a person's will or exertion, but upon God, who shows mercy. For the scripture says to Pharaoh, "This is why I have raised you up, to show my power through you that my name may be proclaimed throughout the earth."

Consequently, he has mercy upon whom he wills, and he hardens whom he wills. You will say to me then, "Why (then) does he still find fault? For who can oppose his will?" But who indeed are you, a human being, to talk back to God? Will what is made say to its maker,"Why have you created me so?" Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for a noble purpose and another for an ignoble one? What if God, wishing to show his wrath and make known his power, has endured with much patience the abhorrent vesssels made for destruction? This was to make known the riches of his glory to the vessels of mercy, which he has prepared previously for glory. - Romans 9:13-23

Some emphasis added...

But that's my point- If the predestination applies to human beings, then it was our very DESTINY to deny God or accept God. It was not a choice or act, there was no acceptance possible since before we were even born. Firstly, reasonably, why would God claim to give us free will, if that free will is to follow a set course in time? And if we are indeed pre determined to do what we will do, how can God fault us, knowing that we are but automatons in his machine?  

divineseraph

lordstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:17 pm
divineseraph
lordstar
divineseraph
Reformed Baptist
lordstar

but really?

Oh yaaa!! whee

not this again
rolleyes

I'm sorry, I enjoy stirring up critical thinking.

Was it Socrates who said that a life unanalyzed is a life not worth living?

I enjoy a good bout of critical thinking
I just remember what it was like last time this matter came up
but then again we do have some new faces yes?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:01 pm
8Ares8, that sounds exactly right, except for maybe the part about Jesus preaching to those in Sheol. I just don't think that there's a scriptural basis for that, unless someone can give me one.

divineseraph
I don't think it's JESUS that is the way, I think it's JESUS' WAY that is the way.

Then you think something other than what Christ clearly said. It's not any more complicated than that.
Jesus is the one and only path to God. He is the means to know God. He is the only mediator between man and God. Jesus is THE WAY. He wasn't kidding about truth either. Truth is the intricate, unchanging, skeleton of reality and Jesus is that truth.  

brad175

SloanSage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:31 pm
Hence:

"The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. 11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. 12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. 14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth" - John 1:9-14

and

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him" - John 14:6-7  
Debate and Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games