Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Old Topics
Community Spotlight - Visitors Please Read Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Age...
21 or Older
93%
 93%  [ 538 ]
Under 21
6%
 6%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 578

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:23 pm
Hello all... it's nice to be spotlighted, and thus far I must say, most of the feedback has been positive ~ much appreciated. Many of us have had the misfortune of being told we're "too OLD" for Gaia ~ the day I'm too old to use my imagination and enjoy some good art, then I may as well take a long nap underground... I hope those who think to say that some day realize using your imagination and maintaining your sense of fun doesn't die as you get older ~

For those of you who are interested in joining, please list your age in the request ~ right now we're inundated with requests - most without ages sad
Unfortunately, Gaia only lets me see one page of requests... so I'm having to decline
gonk If you've been declined and are 21 or older please let me know... 3nodding

If you've submitted a request and not heard yet, please bear with me ~ so many requests ~ so not enough time ~ was supposed to be in bed, and still at it past midnight... started at 7:00 p.m ~ ieyiyi... eek

Also, for our not-quite-21's - you can be a nurse or cabana boy and post in the guild til your 21st, when we make you a member... heart

One more interesting piece of info ~ I hadn't realized this before:

Apparently we have a four year Guildaversery as well.

While visiting the guild, please see the rules below:  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:24 pm
For those who are visiting our guild: This is a sanctuary for those 21 and over - Yes, we've all been hearing a lot lately how GAIA is now the newest teen hot-spot, but many of us non-teens have been here for quite awhile now. This guild was created quite some time ago as a place we could chat with others our own age and not have to worry about remarks regarding our ages, or be accused of being some kind of perv, or being asked to donate.

I've always been upfront about my age (39) and usually don't get a lot of nasty comments; however, it's been known to happen ~ and will NOT be tolerated in the guild. Any such offensive posts will be deleted and the poster will be banned. Our members are usually very warm and friendly. If I find that we are having multiple problems with our members being harassed, I will move to make this a private guild. I would hate to do that, or worse yet, make it hidden, but will if it comes to it.

Please note that as Geezers, the guild moves at a slower pace. You may not always get a response right away as RL tends to interfere with our computer time - kids, jobs, bills, sick parents... Please be polite if you are waiting for a response.

Over 21 and interested in joining... we're always glad to welcome in new Geezers icon_xd.gif Hit the request to join button and our mods will take care of it. Not sure if this guild is for you... been tossed out of other guilds because you can't get online to post as much as required... just feel like talking to others with kids or even grandkids on the site - the kids that got you addicted in the first place... Perhaps we're the place. If you're looking for fast-paced, consant chatter... maybe not so much. Geezers don't ban geezers for not posting enough, but as I mentioned earlier, it may take us awhile to hobble over to our comps to answer... icon_wink.gif  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:24 pm
I am in the process of making some forums for the different types of threads so it is easier to navigate the guild, so if you find your topic has disappeared, it probably has not ~

Wowsers ~ we've never really needed forums before eek whee  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:23 pm
sweet solidarity fellow geez! ^_^  

athena_palace

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:32 pm
It's amazing to see the geezers cropping up ~ xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:55 pm
Have you seen the related thread in the GCD? Here!  

Eirwyn

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:59 pm
Wowsers ~ Just no pleasing some people ~ and yes, calling ourselves geezers is a joke ~ beating the younger crowd to the punch... Wish I had time to read through it, but am trying to clean out the request to join list... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:23 pm
ha ha ha another guild for Adults...... I just dont know how this one got the spot light due to that there are other guilds with a lot more members... either way its awesome that ADULTS are finally being noticed in gaia  

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

Broken_blue_Rose

7,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:43 pm
I'm glad that there's a guild for the older people out there. Do you prefer to not have younger than that age in the guild? I'm just wondering (and no i haven't checked out the other posts yet ^^; )  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:59 pm
Hi everyone, yes I'm over 21, I think, I act like I'm 15 sometimes and I feel like I'm 75 sometimes, If I'm somewhere in the middle, does that make me 45? or still somewhere between 15 & 75 depending on my day?  

Shandra Rey-Rey

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:37 pm
For membership, we do ask for 21+, but also know that there are 18, 19, 20 year olds out there that want to visit with us... and we're good with that. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:21 am
Note: The list of guild mods are on the home page ~ if there are inappropriate posts, please notify me, or one of the mods ~ Thank you heart  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

soul_reaper_jonno

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:01 am
hi im just visiting but i have posted a joining request.
im also a member of the awsome mature gaia'ns guild and if this guild is anything like that then i am happy  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:46 am
Let me know if you need help with anything Lil Brat
I'm on Gaia several times every day, it would be no hassle to stop by here, check things out and help you organise things a little.
I've been a member here for several years, may be time that I give something back to this li'l community smile
If you want me that is...lol  

Hanamura-sensei

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

pixie65

Original Gaian

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:41 am
I am ashamed to say that I haven't been in here for ages. Well done on the Spotlight! It seems to be creating quite a bit of interest.  
Old Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff