Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Blessed Be Newstand - - [guild newspapers] - - FEBRUARY 2013 NOW AVAILABLE!
September 2008 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:44 am
User Image

Pagan Humor
Written by SwirlingDark

What do you call 13 Witches in a hot tub?
A Self-Cleaning Coven!

What do you call a dating club for unattached Wiccans?
Craft singles!

Apparently, Kraft were so insulted by the aforementioned joke that they decided to move to Jerusalem. And changed their name. Now they're called "Cheeses of Nazareth".

WHY M&M'S ARE WICCAN:
* MM = Merry Meet*
Round shape for wheel of the year, cycle of seasons
Skins are different colors, but the inside is the same chocolate, because we are all related.
Red = South
Green = West
Dark Brown = North
Yellow = East
Orange = For the Solar God
Light Brown = For the Earth Mother (Copper Woman)
* Rotate the M & M:
M = 13th letter of alphabet, and there are 13 witches in a coven
3 = Triple Goddess, three phases of moon
W = Witchcraft
Wiccan E = Enlightenment, Enchantment of chocolate
*"Melt in your mouth, not in your hand"
God/dess's love must be experienced directly to appreciate.
Also, God/dess will take care of you.
Sweetness to remind us of how sweet the love of the God and Goddess is!

----

Sources:

Pagan Humour  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:45 am
User Image

Pagan Music - Celtic Thunder and Faun
Written by StrawberryDaifuku

Celtic Thunder:
User Image

This month, folk and Celtic music are being featured. Celtic Thunder might be one of the most-known Celtic bands out there. Based in Ireland, they tour internationally and are televised PBS. Each vocalist-including the youngest, Damian McGinty, aged 14-has his own style. The band is made up of McGinty, Keith Harkin, Ryan Kelly, Paul Byrom, and George Donaldson, as well as a large orchestra. Their music is available on iTunes, as well as their site.

Their website can be found here: Celtic Thunder
They also have a MySpace, here: Myspace

-----

FAUN:
User Image

There’s not much to say about this German folk band other than this one word: Beautiful! Faun considers themselves to be a “Medieval Paganfolk band.” They mix the soothing sounds of nature with both ancient and modern instruments played by Rüdiger Maul and Niel Mitra, as well as three different vocalists, Oliver Sa Tyr, Fiona Rüggeberg, Sandra Elflein. They have a playlist on the bottom of their website to preview their music before buying it from their shopping page.

Their website, in English and German, can be found here: Faun
They also have a MySpace, here: Myspace  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:46 am
User Image

Spells - Balancing Spell
Written by too2sweet

The Equinox…when day and night are equal, so what better time is there for balancing the elements within ourselves. Both Ostara and Mabon are excellent times for working this spell, and since (depending on where you are in the world) one or the other is fast approaching, now is the time to start planning your ritual.

What you need:

* 4 candles…green for earth, yellow for air, red for fire, and blue for water.

* Representations of the Elements…earth (the ground if you are outside or a bowl of dirt), air (incense or a breezy day), fire (already present if you have the candles), and a bowl of water, you can also use symbolic representations if you need to.

* Note: if you do not have any of the above items that is fine, while they are helpful, they are not necessary.
You can always simply visualize the elements when the time comes, if you don’t have actual representations of them.

How:

Find a quiet spot where you won’t be disturbed. Around your circle, make a small elements altar at each of the cardinal points, place a candle and the items at each one. The circle should be big enough that you can sit/stand comfortably in the center without disturbing the altars. When you have everything set up and are ready, ground and center, and then cast your circle. If you usually call the corners/guardians and invoke the Goddess, please feel free to do so. Once your circle is cast you can begin .

Stand in the center of your circle (if you feel called to do so raise your arms towards the sky):

say
Spirit within me, Spirit without
Unbalance within me, unbalance without
Bring balance within me, balance without

Take a few moments, meditate on the Spirit within us and the Spirit all around us. What are some things in your life that are making you feel unbalanced, spiritually mentally and physically?

When you are ready, turn to the East:

say
Air within me, Air without
Unbalanced within me, unbalanced without
Air within me, Air without

Take a few moments, take several deep cleansing breaths…feel the air as it enters your body and becomes a part of you, feel the air around you, take a few moments and meditate on the air that moves us. What do you need to move in your life, that will help to bring balance?

When you are ready, turn to the South:

say
Fire within me, Fire without
Fire within me, Fire without

Take a few moments, watch the candle flames as they dance and flicker, feel the warmth, look deep into the flame and take a few moments to meditate on the Fire that transforms us. What do you need to transform in your life, that will help to bring you balance?

When you are ready turn West:

say
Water within me, Water without
Water within me, Water without

Take a few moments and look into the water, see the ripples and reflections in its surface. Take a few moments and meditate on the Water that shapes us. What needs shaping in your life, that will help to bring you balance?

When you are ready turn North:

say
Earth within me, Earth without
Earth within me, Earth without

Take a few moments and feel the earth with your hands, feel the strong foundation it gives you, the security you feel as the earth cradles you in her arms. Take a moment and meditate on the Earth that heals us. What needs healing in your life, that will help to bring you balance?

Sit/stand quietly in the center for a few moments, reflect on the lessons of each elements. Feel each one connecting and flowing within, and without. When you are ready:

say
Elements within me , Elements without
Now balanced within me, now balanced without
Now balanced within me, now balanced without

When you are done, be sure to thank the God/ess and guardians (if you called on them), and then open your circle.

Blessed Be!!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:47 am
User Image

Name That God(dess)

All you have to do is read the clues that I give you and send in your answers to Blessed_Scribe! You will get 100 gold for each one that you get correct.

The Rules
- Be sure to title the PM "Newspaper Games", and send them to Blessed_Scribe please.
- You cannot post your answers for others to see or share them with any other member anywhere or at anytime. Doing so will forfeit your prize.
- No cheating, don't ask others where the answers are.
- We will only accept the answers to these puzzles during the month of September 2008.
- You must guess each one at least once before I'll give you a clue.
- There's no limit to how many times you can guess, just as long as they're not completely random guesses.
- Have fun!

1. Son of the Wave; God of the sea. His symbols was a silver fish. Wales.
2. Persia. Just Judge; impartial justice. Judged the souls of humans with his spiritual scales.
3. "Golden Bells"; Moon goddess. Shown with golden bells on her cheeks.
4. "The Unfettered"; "free"; "boundless"; Mother of the gods; sky goddess. The sky, Earth, the past, and the future.
5. A god shown as a man squatting on the ground and wearing on his head a reed, curved at the end. God of eternity, longevity, happiness.

----------

Fill-in-the-Blanks

All you have to do for this one is send in the answers that go in the blanks next to the number of the sentence. If it has more than two answers in the sentence, please put a ; between them. You will get 50 gold for each answer that you get correct, for a possible 500 gaia gold.

The Rules
- Be sure to title the PM "Newspaper Games", and send them to Blessed_Scribe please.
- You cannot post your answers for others to see or share them with any other member anywhere or at anytime. Doing so will forfeit your prize.
- No cheating, don't ask others where the answers are.
- We will only accept the answers to these puzzles during the month of August 2008.
- Have fun!

1. When in the ________, the Penguin moves with agility and speed.
2. _________ __________ encourages all Pagans to reflect on their own spiritual progress.
3. _________ is typically used for health and wellbeing spells.
4. The metaphor or the symbolism of the _________ is what is important.
5. ________ is often depicted holding four pitchers from which he pours rain.
6. ________ was viewed as a beautiful lady whose clothing is that of a noble woman
7. __________ has long been used to relieve depression, hair loss, stress, headaches, exhaustion, nervousness, bad breath, and many others.
8. The _______ lived surrounded by a vile stench contaminating everything they came near.
9. ________ ________ might be one of the most-known Celtic bands out there.
10. Some people, even after the simplest meditation they get a __________.  

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

Blessed_Scribe
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:48 am
User Image

This is the spot where you can advertise just about anything you want.

Want to advertise your quest? Do you want to advertise something you're trying to sell? Or maybe you're looking for a mentor.

Whatever it may be, this is the place to do it!

It's completely free. All you have to do is send a PM to me, Blessed_Scribe, with your ad and which months issue you'd like it to be in. It can be as many months as you'd like, not just one.

----------

Shearaha
I'm looking for some one to design my tattoo. I know what I want but I'm not capable of drawing it for myself. The tattoo will be a unicorn stallion and mare (representing my husband and I) and a foal will be added for each of our children (when we have them). Prices are negotible. Please pm me with submissions. Thank you to any one who took the time to read this.

The Blessed Be Newstand - - [guild newspapers] - - FEBRUARY 2013 NOW AVAILABLE!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games