*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
One World Religion Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

ChristianBiker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:43 pm
So? Anyone have any ideas? Is it here and growing? Or is it yet to show up?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:51 am
I believe it should exist. Logically, all three monotheistic religions worship the same God anyway. Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all the same thing. And even the polytheistic religions show connections to monotheism, since the gods usually are parts or aspects of the one true creator. I hope soon, more people will begin to realize this and stop squabbling over who has God's ear more.  

divineseraph

mazuac

4,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:52 am

Jesus

A One World Religion would be very, very bad. Incorporating other religions to make a "universal" religion? Sure, there might be peace, but combining Zeus and Jesus doesn't really sound right... Not only that, there would be strong resistance from us Christians, and the Islams. So logically speaking... a one world religion wouldn't be good, and would be very hard to obtain.

...My Lord, Savior, and Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:08 am
mazuac Wrote:

Jesus

A One World Religion would be very, very bad. Incorporating other religions to make a "universal" religion? Sure, there might be peace, but combining Zeus and Jesus doesn't really sound right... Not only that, there would be strong resistance from us Christians, and the Islams. So logically speaking... a one world religion wouldn't be good, and would be very hard to obtain.

Christianity and Islam are fighting for stupid political reasons, which are justified to the masses who follow the "No killing" idea with small snippets from holy texts used ambiguously.

Islam is christianity with an extra prophet.  

divineseraph

mazuac

4,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:08 pm
divineseraph Wrote:
mazuac Wrote:

Jesus

Christianity and Islam are fighting for stupid political reasons, which are justified to the masses who follow the "No killing" idea with small snippets from holy texts used ambiguously.

Islam is christianity with an extra prophet.

Jesus

You are really that uneducated about Islam? I think you should listen to the Bible Study Podcasts about Islam and Christianity, pointing out the differences, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:51 pm
Islam and Christianity are very different. Islam rejects Christ and kills any Christians due to their faith and their god is the god of War. It's also illegal to switch to other religions and they killl whooever does so. Allah also says that Christ was a prophet but he is THE prophet. They also have very differenct ways and views on how to get to heaven which they call paradise then we Christians.

As for the one religion thing it is really quite possible since the majority if not all religions except for Christianity have one thing in common: they all glorify man and some religions even claim that man can achieve in becoming gods themselves which isn't true and if it was, we would cause our own demise.  

Friendly Yoshi

b-asinine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:17 pm
Friendly Yoshi Wrote:
Islam and Christianity are very different. Islam rejects Christ and kills any Christians due to their faith and their god is the god of War. It's also illegal to switch to other religions and they killl whooever does so. Allah also says that Christ was a prophet but he is THE prophet. They also have very differenct ways and views on how to get to heaven which they call paradise then we Christians.

As for the one religion thing it is really quite possible since the majority if not all religions except for Christianity have one thing in common: they all glorify man and some religions even claim that man can achieve in becoming gods themselves which isn't true and if it was, we would cause our own demise.

BULL.

Yes, Islam and Christianity are VERY different. Islam rejects Christ as the son of God, but they DO accept him as a prophet, as does Judaism. The majority of all Muslim people are very accepting of other religions, and a lot of mosques allow those of different practices to come into their place of prayer to mingle and pray to God (since Christians/Muslims/Jews share the same God, AKA Islamic God =/= God of War).

Allah =/= prophet. Allah = their name for "God." They do not call things very different, save for the language barrier.

Anyone can switch religions, and the only people who dictate OTHERWISE are the the people behind the Taliban and other Islamic radicals. But EVERY religion has people like these.

ISLAM DOES NOT = PAROCHIAL-MINDED KILLERS.

Now, my opinion on "one religion"... Impossible, and would completely ruin our world. It is impossible because religion is so ingrained into our different cultures, that it's like taking out a person's heart and expecting them to live. Not very many religions, in fact, glorify man. When you say "glorify", I presume you mean that they consider themselves of God-like power. Most of the religions out there practiced by the majority of people on this fine planet believe in celestial beings as being higher than themselves spiritually, though a lot of them worship THEMSELVES because they believe that their god/God resides in their body and is always with them.

I don't mean to be rude nor brash, but I suggest you look up facts before you talk about other religions.

-b.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:05 pm
I don't think there will ever be one religion while the earth is still earth. I do believe that there will be attempts to make one religion, to the point of killing others and such. But we aren't at that point yet.  

Siren of Saturn

mazuac

4,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:40 pm
b-asinine Wrote:
Friendly Yoshi Wrote:

BULL.

Yes, Islam and Christianity are VERY different. Islam rejects Christ as the son of God, but they DO accept him as a prophet, as does Judaism. The majority of all Muslim people are very accepting of other religions, and a lot of mosques allow those of different practices to come into their place of prayer to mingle and pray to God (since Christians/Muslims/Jews share the same God, AKA Islamic God =/= God of War).

Allah =/= prophet. Allah = their name for "God." They do not call things very different, save for the language barrier.

Anyone can switch religions, and the only people who dictate OTHERWISE are the the people behind the Taliban and other Islamic radicals. But EVERY religion has people like these.

Now, my opinion on "one religion"... Impossible, and would completely ruin our world. It is impossible because religion is so ingrained into our different cultures, that it's like taking out a person's heart and expecting them to live. Not very many religions, in fact, glorify man. When you say "glorify", I presume you mean that they consider themselves of God-like power. Most of the religions out there practiced by the majority of people on this fine planet believe in celestial beings as being higher than themselves spiritually, though a lot of them worship THEMSELVES because they believe that their god/God resides in their body and is always with them.

I don't mean to be rude nor brash, but I suggest you look up facts before you talk about other religions.

-b.

Jesus

I suggest you look up facts, as well. Judaism does NOT accept Jesus as a prophet! Where in the name of God most High did you ever find that?

Also, while Islam says they worship the same God as us, I disagree. There tenets, etc. are so far apart from our and the Jews God, even a blind man could see that.

Although, I do agree with you on the impossibility of a One World Religion~

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:51 pm
mazuac Wrote:
b-asinine Wrote:
Friendly Yoshi Wrote:

BULL.

-b.

Jesus

I suggest you look up facts, as well. Judaism does NOT accept Jesus as a prophet! Where in the name of God most High did you ever find that?

Also, while Islam says they worship the same God as us, I disagree. There tenets, etc. are so far apart from our and the Jews God, even a blind man could see that.

Such different beliefs?
Five basic tenets-
1- There is One God.
2- Mohammed was a prophet, as were Jesus, Moses and all other aforementioned abrahamic prophets.
3- The Koran is the last holy book, following the Bible, Torah and Gospel of Jesus.
4- Life is a test to see who follows the basic rules.
5- The faithful go to heaven.

Five pillars (Much like christian and jewish 10 commandments)-

1- Profession of Faith (There is only one God)
2-Prayer (five time a day)
3- Giving alms to the poor (Jesus never did anything like this. He loved kicking beggars and pimp-slapping prostitutes.)
4-Fasting (Again, what kind of anti-christ b*****d would fast for, say, 40 days in the deserts of the middle east?)
5- Pilgrimage

I notice nothing about slaying the innocent, subjugating women or hating christians. In fact, in earlier times, muslims were extremely respectful of other religions and societies, and if an arab country took over another country, they would allow the old residents to worship any god in any way. They did not move militarily based on religion.

The God is the same God. The only thing that changes is the experiences and cultures present when His work is interpreted by the people.  

divineseraph

Ricette

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:23 pm
mazuac Wrote:
b-asinine Wrote:
Friendly Yoshi Wrote:

BULL.

-b.

Jesus

OH for F-Ks sake! You need some edumacation! This is stupid. Allah is God is Yahweh. Same damn GOD, different name. Facts right thar. Yes the religions differ in tenets, in traditions, in ways of worship but that does not mean one God is different from another. Same damn god, just different ways of worshiping. Got it? Please tell me you get that!

Though I agree on the impossibility of a one world religion. Logically yes it should exist. But instating it, getting it to work, it wouldn't happen. Too many differences, and many would take it as a sort of taking away of freedoms possibly.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:25 am
Yet again, we are wandering off topic here. We are supposed to discuss whether or not one world religion is possible, not who's right/wrong about __ religion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please and thank you.

I think the bible predicts that the anti-christ will somehow organize one religion in the world, and create a universal "peace." As many believe the end times are coming, the idea of a one-world religion may not be far from now, despite all the wars still going on right now.

PS Please respect others, even if you think they're wrong about something. Thank you.  

Orizion

mazuac

4,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:53 pm
divineseraph Wrote:
mazuac Wrote:
b-asinine Wrote:
Friendly Yoshi Wrote:

BULL.

-b.

Jesus

Such different beliefs?
Five basic tenets-
1- There is One God.
2- Mohammed was a prophet, as were Jesus, Moses and all other aforementioned abrahamic prophets.
3- The Koran is the last holy book, following the Bible, Torah and Gospel of Jesus.

3- Giving alms to the poor (Jesus never did anything like this. He loved kicking beggars and pimp-slapping prostitutes.)
4-Fasting (Again, what kind of anti-christ b*****d would fast for, say, 40 days in the deserts of the middle east?)
5- Pilgrimage

I notice nothing about slaying the innocent, subjugating women or hating christians. In fact, in earlier times, muslims were extremely respectful of other religions and societies, and if an arab country took over another country, they would allow the old residents to worship any god in any way. They did not move militarily based on religion.

The God is the same God. The only thing that changes is the experiences and cultures present when His work is interpreted by the people.

He has Redeemed Me!Though I

Alright, about the tenets.

1. Yes, there is one God, we beleive that.

2. Jesus may have been a prophet, however he wasn't just "a prophet," he was the Son of God! Also, you know how we beleive Christ was nailed to the cross and ressurected? They do NOT beleive that. They also don't beleive he died for our salvation. There, see that? That basically proves that Islam is not like Christianity in any large way...

3. We don't beleive in the Koran, I have nothing more to say.

4. Life may be a test, yes, but ours is to show others Christ's lovingness, etc.

5. Yes, we beleive the faithful go to heaven. But unlike Islam, us Christians get to heaven purely by faith in Jesus Christ, not by our works or deeds. (Unlike in Islam.)

That right there should be enough proof to show you that Christianity and Islam are not "basically" the same. It infuriates me so much when people say that they are basically the same religion!

Oh, also. According to Islam, Jesus WOULD have been the perfectest person, however he never went to war (unlike mohammed.)

I really don't think I need to say more on this issue. I've proven my point.

am undeserving, He gave his life for mine.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:22 pm
Just to re-iterate a coment Orizion made: please be respectful of others, even if you have a disagreement. Thank you.  

Ablazed
Captain

divineseraph

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:01 pm
mazuac Wrote:
divineseraph Wrote:
mazuac Wrote:
b-asinine Wrote:
Friendly Yoshi Wrote:

BULL.

-b.

Jesus

Such different beliefs?
Five basic tenets-
1- There is One God.

5- Pilgrimage

He has Redeemed Me!Though I

Alright, about the tenets.

1. Yes, there is one God, we beleive that.

2. Jesus may have been a prophet, however he wasn't just "a prophet," he was the Son of God! Also, you know how we beleive Christ was nailed to the cross and ressurected? They do NOT beleive that. They also don't beleive he died for our salvation. There, see that? That basically proves that Islam is not like Christianity in any large way...

3. We don't beleive in the Koran, I have nothing more to say.

4. Life may be a test, yes, but ours is to show others Christ's lovingness, etc.

5. Yes, we beleive the faithful go to heaven. But unlike Islam, us Christians get to heaven purely by faith in Jesus Christ, not by our works or deeds. (Unlike in Islam.)

That right there should be enough proof to show you that Christianity and Islam are not "basically" the same. It infuriates me so much when people say that they are basically the same religion!

Oh, also. According to Islam, Jesus WOULD have been the perfectest person, however he never went to war (unlike mohammed.)

I really don't think I need to say more on this issue. I've proven my point.

am undeserving, He gave his life for
mine.

But they believe is JESUS! As a prophet, yes, but still as a very holy man! You're condemning them to hell because they feel that Jesus was one rank on the totem pole down?

And no, of course we don't believe in the Koran, it's the New New Testament.

An muslims don't show lovingness? What's all this giving to the poor and helping others? So what if it's in Mohammed's name, along with Jesus, Moses and Abraham's names? Or, more importantly, in the name of God?

Number 5 is just terrible. I'm sorry, but I don't believe that Hitler gets heaven for being a christian.

Deeds and acts don't matter? It's just giving a wave or a hi-five to jesus on the way through the gates? Bull s**t. I'm sorry, if your religion really says this, then I want no part of it. I will take islam, since the good are rewarded for their deeds, not for fingering a cross. This blind bullshit is what makes bigots zealous. The same blind zeal and ignorance of one's own religion compels men to bomb other countries and fly airplanes into buildings.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games