41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Okay
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Could be better...
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
You have no idea what you're doing, do you?
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

topsecret221

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:25 am
This is going to be a study of the End-Time Prophecies, the part of the Bible that I love the most. There are prophecies all around the Holy Book, and even though I am thirteen, God has blessed me with wisdom and knowlage. To start, let's look at when the earth's seven final years will begin. A few days ago, I saw a History Channel program called 'Countdown to Apocolypse'. It looks at Scripture, ledgends, folklore, and many other refrences for the end of time. The one day that they pointed out as apocolypse was December 12, 2012. Let me tell you why:
The Mayan Calander has accuratley predicted that the Spanish Conquistedors, going specific enough to the time and date. It also accurately foretold solar and lunar eclipses happening in the present; centuries away from when they existed. And everything on that calander ended on one day: 12/12/2012.
Another reason is technology. The government devised a program that was initially designed for observing the stock market and what would probably happen, and it scanned the whole of the world-wide-web. But soon, it started picking up things that had absolutely nothing to do with stocks. Strangely enough, everything that the program picked up, predicted ominous things. It accurately fortold the twin towers incedent, along with the death of Sadam Houssein, among others. after a few dozen incedents fortold by the program, this computer generated 'fortune-teller' picked up one fatal event: the beginning of the end on December 12, 2012. I've even seen a Christian website predicting the rapture is at the end of this year.
This is the reason that I beleive December 12, 2012 is not the day that the church shall be raptured is this: in Matthew 24:44 (NIV version), Jesus himself says 'So you all must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.' Another thing pointing away from 12/12/2012 is in Matthew 24:36. No one knows about that day or hour., not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
If there are any questions, comments, or suggestions, just PM me, and I'll get to you almost immediately.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:27 am
User Image
Jesus...

I agree with you that the Book of Revelation is one of the most fascinating books in the Bible. It tells of a terrible time, and then a happy ending ^^

Anyways, yeah... The 2012 prediction is strange, but I think something may happen during the 2012, but not the end of the world. But something big, in my opinion~

User Image
...My Lord, Savior, and Friend

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

topsecret221

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:29 pm
Well actually, that might be the peak of global warming. You know what global warming is, right? We're still coming out of an Ice Age, and when the temperature gets to a certain point, it'll slowly get colder going into another Ice Age. It's just a cycle.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:49 pm
The Long Count Calendar does not stop dead at 2012. Looking at other gliphs, its been seen that there are dates past 2012. There may be something that happens, most likely not though. Not in terms of end times. And the whole book o Revelation? I think its early Christian propaganda written at a time when Christians were persecuted and killed by Nero and the crazy old man who wrote it was stuck in that cave saw that the EARLY Christians needed hope, something to help them through such a horrible time in their history. And thus he wrote it. Shows the evil being destroyed, all good people living forever in New Jerusalem and it all is happily ever after. Thats it. Thats my take on it.
The end will come when it does. I'd rather not try to predict when it will or how it will. It will end when it does.

For the record, read yer bibles. I've read many and NOT A ONE says a thing about The Rapture.  

Ricette

topsecret221

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:11 pm
The Rapture is specified (not by name, but the event) in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 and 1 Corinthians 15:51-54.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:14 pm
I made a video about the end times!!! hehehehe...  

Siren of Saturn

topsecret221

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:47 pm
This is the second chapter in my series: the letters to the churches.
In Revelation, John was given the task of writing letters to the seven church bodies from God. The first reward is stated in the letter to Ephesus. In Rev. 2:7 it says '...To he who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.' This means that one of our eternal rewards, besides staying in heaven, is the right to eat from the tree of life, one of the two trees in the garden of Eden, if we repent and turn to God. In the letter to the church in Smyrna, it says in 2:10 that we will be in jail for ten days before we are put to death in Jesus's name. But, 'be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.' as stated in Rev. 2:10b. In the next verse, it says: 'He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death,' which I will explain at a later time.
In the letter to Pergamum, it is stated 'To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden mana. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who recieves it.' The true definition of mana is 'what is this', but the mana refered to here is food literally from heaven. In Biblical times, Jewish courts used white and black stones, black for guilty, white for non-guilty. Recieving this white stone in heaven is God telling you that you're proven innocent in God's eyes through Jesus Christ. In those times, a sacred name could be used to call God for help, and if no one else knew, it would be double effective.
In the letter to Thyatira, it says 'He will rule over them,' reffering to nations, 'with an iron scepter; he will dash them to pieces like pottery'. This in itself means that the faithful martyrs will rule with Christ in the Millenial reign. In the letter to Sardis, in Rev. 3:5 says 'He who overcomes will...be dressed in white. I will never blot his name from the book of life, but will acknowlage his name before my Father and his angels.' This means that we who are taken up and have not compromised with the world will be given white robes, which indicates cleanliness and forgivness. Also, that person will never lose their spiritual life, their name staying in the book of life for eternity.
In the letter to Philadelphia, Rev. 3:12, it is written 'Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it.' That means that you will become a permanent part of the New Jerusalem. The reward to the church in Laodicea is probably the most wonderous. Rev. 3:21: 'To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.' This means that we can see Jesus almost anytime we want, and those who suffer with our Lord Jesus will be able to reign with him forevermore. But none of these are free, and what we must overcome is stated in Revelation 2-3. If there are any questions, complaints or suggestions, just PM me.
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. Amen.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:56 pm
Ricette
The Long Count Calendar does not stop dead at 2012. Looking at other gliphs, its been seen that there are dates past 2012. There may be something that happens, most likely not though. Not in terms of end times. And the whole book o Revelation? I think its early Christian propaganda written at a time when Christians were persecuted and killed by Nero and the crazy old man who wrote it was stuck in that cave saw that the EARLY Christians needed hope, something to help them through such a horrible time in their history. And thus he wrote it. Shows the evil being destroyed, all good people living forever in New Jerusalem and it all is happily ever after. Thats it. Thats my take on it.
The end will come when it does. I'd rather not try to predict when it will or how it will. It will end when it does.

For the record, read yer bibles. I've read many and NOT A ONE says a thing about The Rapture.
User Image
Jesus...

You haven't read anything about the rapture because you haven't broadened your mind to scripture. Like when Jesus talks of the two men in the field, and they wont have time to go and get their jackets to come with Jesus. Or when Jesus says "Be ready, for no one knows the date of the coming of the Son of Man." Or something along those lines~ There are other verses to, but that is just an example.

User Image

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Ricette

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:31 am
mazuac
Ricette

User Image
Jesus...

You haven't read anything about the rapture because you haven't broadened your mind to scripture. Like when Jesus talks of the two men in the field, and they wont have time to go and get their jackets to come with Jesus. Or when Jesus says "Be ready, for no one knows the date of the coming of the Son of Man." Or something along those lines~ There are other verses to, but that is just an example.

User Image
That does not mean a Rapture. It just means that you just need to be ready for the end, when all will be judged. Rapture is a load of bull. It was shown in a vision to some lady many many years ago and its been accepted as canon when it is in fact not mentioned at all and look, i read the bible. I went to bible studies. Even they agreed there is nothing on a Rapture. Hell, the head pastor of the church I used to attend agrees with me on that. You need to learn how to interpret better.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:42 am
I know Catholic people reject the fact of the Rapture, but what church did you go to?  

topsecret221

Ricette

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:51 am
topsecret221
I know Catholic people reject the fact of the Rapture, but what church did you go to?
I went to a Lutheran church. Before I said screw religion.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:35 pm
topsecret221

There are a lot more Christians out there than you think who understand that the idea of the rapture is unbiblical. Not just us Catholics.

And by the way, we have a lot of solid Biblical reasons for rejecting the idea of rapture. I'll create a topic on this issue in the debate subforum sometime in the future here to fully explain why Catholics believe what they do.  

Ablazed
Captain

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:15 am
Ricette
mazuac
Ricette

User Image
Jesus...

User Image
That does not mean a Rapture. It just means that you just need to be ready for the end, when all will be judged. Rapture is a load of bull. It was shown in a vision to some lady many many years ago and its been accepted as canon when it is in fact not mentioned at all and look, i read the bible. I went to bible studies. Even they agreed there is nothing on a Rapture. Hell, the head pastor of the church I used to attend agrees with me on that. You need to learn how to interpret better.
User Image
Jesus...

Or you just need to open your mind a little more. I, to, have gone to many Bible Studies and listened to many studies on the Book of Revelation and they beleive Rapture to be true.

The Book of Revelation is a book of debate, because there is so much in it to be non-literal. I, however, take it literal, and can't wait for Jesus to return and take us up into Heaven with him! ^^

And then after the 7 years, and the New World... Gah! It's just a happy end to a world torn by sin! ^^

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:10 pm
mazuac
Ricette
mazuac
Ricette

User Image
Jesus...

User Image
User Image
Jesus...

Or you just need to open your mind a little more. I, to, have gone to many Bible Studies and listened to many studies on the Book of Revelation and they beleive Rapture to be true.

The Book of Revelation is a book of debate, because there is so much in it to be non-literal. I, however, take it literal, and can't wait for Jesus to return and take us up into Heaven with him! ^^

And then after the 7 years, and the New World... Gah! It's just a happy end to a world torn by sin! ^^

User Image
If you take that book, of all the bible books literally, you sir, are an idiot. I'm sorry but you are. Its a book filled with symbolism and metaphor. Learn that.  

Ricette

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:36 pm
Ricette
mazuac
Ricette
mazuac
Ricette

User Image
Jesus...

User Image
User Image
Jesus...

User Image
If you take that book, of all the bible books literally, you sir, are an idiot. I'm sorry but you are. Its a book filled with symbolism and metaphor. Learn that.
User Image
Jesus

I disagree. I wait for the day when God pours out the judgments and the anti-Christ reigns. Not in eagerness, but... curiosity. Sure, it has a lot of symbolism, but a lot of people beleive it to be literal. I am one of those people.

Also, are you calling me names because of what I think/beleive, when it is possible and logical to beleive this?

User Image

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas