Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Spirit animal... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lullaby For You

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:52 pm
Hello, I'm new. I was wondering if someone could tell me a spell(s) that could help me determine a spirit animal.  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:13 pm
There is no spell. Also, you can't do everything with a spell.
Go outdoors, find a tranquil/serene place, and meditate/pray/ place the request in the hands of nature there. As you meditate, create a sacred space. Also, during the meditation, visualize the living space so the right creature/guide can find its way to your door.

Do not try to anticipate what your spirit guide/familiar is. Keep your mind open to nature's voice and it will reveal your guide to you.  

Bromisto

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:47 pm
Animal totems

There's a spell on the first page.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:26 am
I have to also recommend the "spell" on that page, even if it's not a spell in the traditional sense of the word... I tried this some time last year when I frequented this guild and it worked the first night. My totem animal came to me clear as day in my dream, and I also wound up finding one of my secondary totems. Mine is a tiger, and my secondary is the dog smile

Also, my boyfriend tried the same exact spell and had success on the second night... his wound up being a bear.  

raindroproses

Thirrin Lindenshield

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:26 pm
Yes!
This one is from A Victorian Grimore By Patricia Telesco

Quote:
The Call for a Familiar
To send out the call for a familiar is not unlike leaving a message on an answering machine. You never know exactly when your call will be responded to, but eventually the energy will find it's way to the right recipiant.
Activities
Once your sacred space is set, begin by calling upon Divine powers which are most closely linked with the natural world, most specifically animals. It is important at this point to state the purpose of your magical working so that the energy of your mental summons will be directed corectly.
Next, center yourself and breathe calmly. A sense of peacefulness is important when calling an animal to you because they are often frightened off or kept at bay by erratic energies. As you meditate, allow your mind to send out images of your home, your face, trees nearby...basically the enviroment into which you will be bringing the animal. Send out a feeling of warmth, respect, and welcome. Keep the images simple, remembering that animals basically think in terms of images and locale. Continue until you sense that something has heard you. I cannot tell you how to sense this, but you will know deep down, like a warm spot in your stomach, that the work is finished.
You may also want to specify a time period, such as six months to a year, in which you will expect a response. This gives the animal time to find you (or vice versa). If nothing happens in that time frame, this ritual may be repeated.
Once you have finished, all that remains is to keep your eyes and ears open. You may find your familiar in a pet shop, on your porch, or in the middle of the woods. It may take a while, but one will come, and when it does be prepared for a friendship like nothing you have ever experienced before. If you are looking for an excellent bonding ritual to do with your familiar, refer to the article by Tara Buckland on page 247 of the Llewellyn 1991 Magical Almanc.

Good luck! heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:44 pm
Rather than a spell(and not just because I don't know any) I would suggest meditation outside and patience.  

Miss Will V

Aliakai Suntetsu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:29 am
I would recommend meditations, and dreamwork. The "spell" on that page is more of a prayer, and meditations and focused ritual work better for this type of seeking anyway. If you have no luck, I would suggest purchasing animal "medicine" cards and working with them, one day one will stand out particularly and you will know who your totem animal is.

Also note that animal guides may make themselves apparent in your life seemingly randomly, when their particular energy is most needed, but may not stay. We each have 1-3 main totem animals, and it is these that should be sought out first, but others will come if you listen to them. My main three are the panther, the raven, and the eagle, but I have worked with Robin, Rabbit, Snake, Blue Jay, Falcon, and Hawk when the time came that I needed them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:12 am
alright none of these really help me find my spirit animal. but im gonna tel you something, i think it might be a wolf, a bird (or eagle), or a big black cat. how i think this? its hard to explain. a few times ive gotten a picture in my head of a big black cat chained to a tree in a place that looks like africa. one time in school i got really mad and it growled and i almost did. i heard it growl and i wanted to too. now the wolf, (sigh) i just want to run. run the trees, run through the rivers and streams. jump over logs. i wanna feel the plants in my face and feel the ground give way to my paws. i wanna run up rocks and howl at the moon. ok now the bird which i think is an eagle, not much to tell there, but i wanna fly so bad that sometimes i get depressed. i wanna fly up and look at the people below, i wanna fly though rain clouds and do tricks in the sky. i look at the sky often and wish i could fly. ok you may think im lying but im not! i swear! im good to my word, i dont go back on my word unless it is cleaning. i promise im not lying. pm me for whatever

READ  

wandering lonewolf

doistu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:19 am
I don't know what my spirit animal actually is but I adore snakes...so maybe thats worth taking notice of?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:08 pm
What can really be confusing is the fact that the first animal that comes to you may not be right for you. Many animals, when meditating, may express intrest in you but do not attempt to attach to the first one. this is the part that i have lost many people on.

the important thing is to have an open heart and open mind, it could be an animal that you've never thought of beofre, so take it easy and give it time.

mine is a wolf, an artic wolf to be exact.  

Velloxys Twilight

buwieshingo

Durem Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:54 pm
I didn't find mine through meditation though I am looking out for my next two totems. My 1st is a wolf. My neighbor who is a seer told me. Though I feel strongly that she's right because I always feel the wolfs presence wherever I am. I don't have any idea of my other two. I'll give them time to show themselves to me.

I agree this shouldn't be found out through a spell but meditation and prayers. Using spells to help you find out your animal would be like forcing them to show themselves, when they naturally come to you when they feel like you are ready to know them. So let nature guide you to them or them to you not through force of will.

~Blessed Be  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:51 pm
I've never practiced any ritual to call a spirit animal, or to receive visions of one but I have an almost uncanny connection to anything remotely canine.

Every dog I meet, even dogs who have never let a stranger touch them before, will melt when they meet me and act like we've been best friends all our lives. This has actually gotten me into trouble with an owner who claimed I 'ruined' her guard dog... until she saw the dog snarl at the next person who came by.

I'll be walking down the street and a stray will keep me company for a few blocks. My own little chihuahua will actually bite other dogs who try to come near me!

I feel incomplete without a dog near me at all times.

I also had a very vivid dream that I was running with a pack of foxes through city streets. Canines again!

member has died

Rhyea

4,350 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:03 pm

☆ EDIT: I'm new to this guild, just got accepted.

I meditated on this for a while before going to sleep last night and a had a vivid dream that I was in my car and a black cat was sitting there. I also had a vision of a black panther. I wanted it really badly, but my mom was telling me no. I'm wondering, does this have any connection?

~Rhys☆

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:33 pm
I'm very unsure and confused with my very own. One night i was thinking about what my guide would be and if i'd ever meet it. That night i had an odd dream were i was in the mountains with some friends, went outside to my truck and saw an albino fawn laying on the tarp i had in the bed of my truck, she was frozen though and i collapsed next to the bed of the truck and couldn't help but convulse in tears. I cried to hard and lound my friends came out and asked what was wrong, i blubbered on about the fawn and my girlfriend gasped. I looked up and the fawn was in the midst of jumping out of the bed of my truck. I looked at her in aww, her left eye was red, her right was blue, and she had a few spots on her back that were a light brown. She seemed to bow her head to me and just stood there. I stood up and walked over to pet her, i got a few inches to her and was about to and she bounded into the woods. Ever since i havn't seen her, but i've felt connected to anything white. A few days ago i was walking home and a white haron landed across the street and watched me till i went inside, when i looked out my bedroom window to see if it was still there, it was looking right at me, cawed, and flew off...

so yeah...  

Kyoko Rayne

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:42 pm
I found my spirit animal/animal guide a different way.

I let fate and chance decide.

I was at the metro centre (in england) looking for some craft supplies. I had just picked up a cute little black pendulum when I spotted something. A little basket sat near me on the table with a sign saying "crystal pets £1.50" on it. There was only one left.
A little orange frog.
I figured it was fate's way of telling me that my animal guide was a frog.
So I bought it and named it Artemis. He brings me good luck now.  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff