Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:18 pm
Coal`
I have a question :]
Could you get hybrids through customs? Or could you only get them through breedings?

Hybrids are only obtainable via breeding and can not be customed.

@Moon/Manda: As far as I'm aware, Meepfur is usually the only one that turns down customs because she thinks she can't do the design justice. She usually has an outline of what she thinks she can and can not do listed when she opens her slots. I think she usually says she doesn't feel comfortable with clothing markings, wing designs, and really intricate tattoo/tribal markings. I'm fairly sure the other colorists accept just about anything, although I could be wrong, and anyone is free to correct me.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:21 am
MoonKitsune
Would a pocket watch be out of the question in the SOA world? (Not one that would work, but as a necklace ornament)

I'm fairly certain that anything man-made isn't acceptable. I think that any jewelry SoA wear have to be tribal, or something they could make themselves out of natural elements.  

Lisirra

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:14 am
Lisirra
MoonKitsune
Would a pocket watch be out of the question in the SOA world? (Not one that would work, but as a necklace ornament)

I'm fairly certain that anything man-made isn't acceptable. I think that any jewelry SoA wear have to be tribal, or something they could make themselves out of natural elements.

Man-made is sometimes acceptable, considering they can't exactly hammer gold or anything, but watches and stuff are out. biggrin

And Fel's right. XD; I'm the iffy one when it comes to customs. xP

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:31 am
What would happen if a fertile Leopon and a fertile Cheeton mated? or any other fertile hybrid mixes, would the cubs come out looking like the mom or would it be random?  

Marsh the Sex Panda

Dapper Lover

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:51 am
@ panda :; I beleive dusty said she would address that situation if / when it ever happened. **seems to remember this convo in thread at some point or other**  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:34 pm
Thank you to Eff Em & Lissiera for the information heart  

Ivory_Feld

Successful Edit

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:37 pm
MarshMallowPanda
What would happen if a fertile Leopon and a fertile Cheeton mated? or any other fertile hybrid mixes, would the cubs come out looking like the mom or would it be random?

I think it depends what they have more of in them. I think someone said something like a leopon/cheeton mix would result in lion-looking cubs, because they're 1/2 lion and only a 1/4 each leopard and cheetah. But I can't recall if that was offical or just speculation. ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:19 pm
What happens when you find out someone is Questing the same Goddess as you? I was secretly saving up for the Goddess of Butterflies and just found out Mamoru Hatake (sp?) is questing that as well. I'm further along in funds (at least I think I am) but am not a hundred percent sure thats what I'm going to go for...  

Ivory_Feld

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:01 pm
God/desses are first come first serve, meaning you can both quest for the same domain. No one can "reserve" gods (except for the ones that are on reserve by the shop for a specific plot I think). Whoever manages to get the custom slot first gets the god, plain and simple.

People just generally, out of courtesy (not any requirement or shop rules), avoid domains others are questing for since there are so many to pick from and what not.  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:01 pm
Can you co-own a god/goddess with anyone?
Cause I can pay for half of one and that is all  

A Star For Silverpelt

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:27 pm
A Star For Silverpelt
Can you co-own a god/goddess with anyone?
Cause I can pay for half of one and that is all

As of right now co-ownership of any SoA is not allowed, so if you went for an immortal, you'd own it alone adn have to pay the whole fee ^^

Also regarding gods and goddesses, if starting a new quest be sure to look up already existing domains so that your domain does not conflict/is not too close to that domain. If you have questions about the relation of the domain, contact the owner and see if your quest domain is possible :] Sometimes domains can be too close. :]  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:30 pm
Okay, this is something I've been thinking of for a while, but I have to know.

When you get a custom from the shop, can you dictate whether the lion is a seer or not? I have this concept that I've fallen in love with, and I'd really like to have it done... But if the lion wasn't a seer, the concept wouldn't work.

And if you can't dictate it, would the shop be willing to make exceptions for good/unusual concepts that depend on some (even if only minimal) seer powers?

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:05 pm
The only way to guarantee a custom to be a seer is if the SoA is the direct offspring of a god/mortal breeding (Example: If Rio and a mortal lioness had cubs they'd ALL be seers/demi-gods), because all god/mortal cross-breeding offspring are seers (Full breeds and Hybrids alike, though hybrids are not available as customs).  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:04 pm
Uahh. :'D Hello.
I'm aiming to get my first breedable pet at SoA (&Gaia),
but I've got a few questions regarding general customs/pride.

[1]
If you get an adult rogue custom, how does it join a pride..? >_>; Through roleplay?
Is it even possible for them to join a pride?

[2]
If they are able to join, will they ever get new lineart to fit that pride?

[3]
I'm kind of confused on prides. >_> As you can probably tell.
Clans are groups INSIDE the prides? Yes?

[4]
How do customs work..?
Like. When a colorist opens a slot,
is it first come first serve? @_@;

A'ight. For now, I think that's it. Thanks very much!

Empress T a k a r a

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:36 pm
Empress T a k a r a
Uahh. :'D Hello.
I'm aiming to get my first breedable pet at SoA (&Gaia),
but I've got a few questions regarding general customs/pride.

[1]
If you get an adult rogue custom, how does it join a pride..? >_>; Through roleplay?
Is it even possible for them to join a pride?

[2]
If they are able to join, will they ever get new lineart to fit that pride?

[3]
I'm kind of confused on prides. >_> As you can probably tell.
Clans are groups INSIDE the prides? Yes?

[4]
How do customs work..?
Like. When a colorist opens a slot,
is it first come first serve? @_@;

A'ight. For now, I think that's it. Thanks very much!

1: yup, through roleplay :3 you need to talk to the pride owners and set up an RP between your rogue and a pride leader (or someone else in the rpdie with "the power" to let a member in)
2: no, they will grow on whatever lineart they are born in. The exception is with rogue lines, in which case you can convert from the old rogue lines to the new rogue lines. But you cannot convert tofrom rogue lines (new or old) to pridal lines.
3 - it really depends on the pride xD;; Some prides are just a pride(Pridelands, Motoujamii, Umande'mufni), some prides have clans in them (Ela'wadiyi, Kunanda'nakhun). You should read up on pride info.
4 - Customs work usually monthly, the colorist usually picks the way they want to give them out. Sometimes its colorists choice (everyone sends in their form and the colorists picks whatever they want), sometimes its speed (first some first serve, limited amount of slots) aaand raffles.

.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff