Petite Aristocrat
Captain

Doting Darling

14,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:15 pm
Forever 21 is a clothing store that caters to females. They have some cute stuff, and some awful stuff... I recently began working there... and every day I learn something new that makes me hate it.

Here's some of the stuff that maybe you didn't know. It might come in handy if you ever start thinking you want to work there.

EDIT: There's some new stuff in green.

*Employees only get a 10% discount. That's usually mall sales tax (10 %), so you're not really getting any discount at all.

*Employees can not make purchases without the STORE manager present. (It has to be the store manager... No other manager can ring out employees. So if they aren't working, you aren't shopping)

*Employees may not try on clothes when the store manager is not present.

*Employees may never return or exchange any merchandise. Anything they buy is final sale.

*Employees can not use store credit. That means no store cards or anything.

*If an item is slightly damaged (IE missing buttons, ripped, stitches coming out, missing a decoration, etc) you must put it back with the others, not mark it as damaged unless it is completely unusable at all. Do not mark it down... Do not point the damage out to the customer. If the customer notices the damage and asks the cashier before they make the purchase, may they have a chance to get a discount on the damaged item.

*If an employee wants a day off, they must request it a month in advance. (Not 2 weeks)

*Employees have to work for more than 6 hours to get a lunch break. (That's illegal in some places)

*Dress code is pants or skirts at knee level or below. No shorts, no above the knee skirts. No spaghetti straps, no tube tops, nothing low cut.

*If you are wearing products from a store other than Forever 21 you must make sure no logos are visible. If logos are visible, you must cover them or get a change of clothes.

*Every employee is made to sign an agreement before being hired. This agreement states that you will never try to sue Forever 21. You can not try to get back pay, workers compensation, or any other money from Forever 21, outside the paychecks they give you. No matter how wronged you believe you were, physically, mentally or financially... you can NOT sue Forever 21.

*No photography is allowed inside Forever 21 in case their competitors try to steal their secrets (Dumb).

*Forever 21 has many boxes of back stocked clothing. But it may not be revealed to the customers. You must always tell them that there is no back stock, and that all items we have are already on the floor.

*Employees and customers are not allowed to touch the models in any way. You may not touch the hair, remove or add the clothing, or accessories, etc. If a customer wishes to purchase an item on the model, and there are none left in the store, the customer must be informed that the item is not for sale. Only the Visual team that visits the shop may do anything with the models. This is because the models are very expensive, and Forever 21 does not want them to be damaged by the customers or employees.

*All jewelry is final sale because of it's low quality. Forever 21 is aware that the jewelry is lucky to make it to the register, let alone last through the first few wearings. Because of this high risk of damage, Forever 21 will never accept returns or exchanges of jewelry.

*The bathrooms used by employees are only required to be cleaned once a month (ew...).

*The only activity that can be reported to the anonymous line is internal theft. You can not report harassment or any other issues. (Clearly they only care about their money)

*Employees are required to have a lock for their locker. One will not be provided by Forever 21.

*If you wish for the store to have something to make the employee's job easier, such as walkie talkies or items for the break room, you must provide them yourself with your own out of pocket money. Corporate will not provide your store with anything not on their list.

*The models are switched out for new ones every now and then. The old ones are tossed in the dump. They can't be donated, given away, or saved... They 'have' to be thrown in the dump... What a waste.

On a bright note...

*Forever 21 gives all of it's employees a 6 month review (Every 6 months) to give them a chance to receive a raise. (If you last that long...)

Random...

*Forever 21 goes through a floor change every 6-8 weeks to "refresh" the store.

*The music played at Forever 21 is a CD given to the store by corporate. This one CD must be played and repeated until a new CD is sent (Which could take months).

I'm not sure what the rules are... but they don't seem to like to replace broken store items either. Our dolly, vacuum, and several other items are broken... Who knows how long they have been in such a state, but nothing can be done to fix them. Also I have no idea when the last time our back room was cleaned... It's nasty back there... AND the trash bins are for sensors only... So there's no place to throw trash away. So there is old food and garbage everywhere... And a table that have graffiti all over it in markers, pens and what have you. Apparently people have way too much time on their hands and get bored in the back room.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:53 pm
That back room sounds extremely disturbing and not up to code. o.O I certainly hope these bunch of cheapskates don't happen along a surprise inspection. /: Though with all their rules I guess they wouldn't be to harmed with it, they'd probably sneer and talk their way out of it. >.>;; I don't really shop at Forever 21 but hey, I'll never work there now. How do you deal with it? >.<  

kotokochi

Petite Aristocrat
Captain

Doting Darling

14,350 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:47 pm
kotokochi
That back room sounds extremely disturbing and not up to code. o.O I certainly hope these bunch of cheapskates don't happen along a surprise inspection. /: Though with all their rules I guess they wouldn't be to harmed with it, they'd probably sneer and talk their way out of it. >.>;; I don't really shop at Forever 21 but hey, I'll never work there now. How do you deal with it? >.<
I just keep thinking "It's just for a couple months... It's just for a couple months"... Because once we move I plan to find another job as soon as possible, and then quit this one.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:01 pm
Well I hope you find one, with these conditions it doesn't sound like they pay you enough to live with them. -.-  

kotokochi

User_2629207

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:13 am
Rulin' ya universes...

gonk That sounds horrible! Are there no other jobs available? sad
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:19 pm
Miss Sushii
Rulin' ya universes...

gonk That sounds horrible! Are there no other jobs available? sad
...since 1992.
I'm trying to find one. So far I can't get hired anywhere.  

Petite Aristocrat
Captain

Doting Darling

14,350 Points
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
Entrance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers