Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Pokemon Academy

Back to Guilds

This is a discussion guild for all aspects of Pokemon - games, anime, TCG, fan art, etc. We even have a roleplay and minigame forum. 

Tags: Pokemon, games, anime, discussion, roleplaying 

Reply Gaian Pokemon Academy
Things that annoy you in Pokemon games. D< Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mikallen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:02 pm
This is a topic for little nitpicks, or full blown rantings on what irks you about Pokemon. It may be the anime (which I know a few of you who could fill this entire topic with thoughts on just that), the game, or just the world of Pokemon itself. Granted we all love Pokemon, or we wouldn't be here, but there must be some things that annoy or downright tick you off.

I'll start off. Unnecessary typing pairings anger me. I'm looking at you Gyarados, Mantine, and every Flying Pokemon paired with the Normal type. Not to mention most Rock types, as their dual nature make them a total joke in terms of actual practicality.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:09 pm
Gyarados should have been the pioneer of the Water/Dragon type pairing. END OF BLOODY STORY.  

Airelesanya
Captain

Dedicated Trainer

15,950 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:27 pm
Evil organizations.

Giovanni was a badass that was only in it for personal gain, but the crap-tacular teams that have been popping up since are nothing more than a lame attempt to have an alternate story line. Also, WHY DO ALL THE SUBORDINATES NEED TO RAISE A GOLBAT?!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:31 pm
I don't know if Water AND Dragon would have been primarily fair, because that grants you near invulnerability early game. I would have been fine with just water.

And personally, I liked Magma and Aqua almost better than Rocket. A lot of people automatically equate first = best, but I think they were done nice too.

Team Galactic is just awful. Stupid uniforms, moronic goals, and their grunts make a point to say "LOL I DUN NO WHUT ARE TEEM EVIN DUZ BUT I HURT U NOW"  

Mikallen

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:52 pm
Mikallen
I don't know if Water AND Dragon would have been primarily fair, because that grants you near invulnerability early game. I would have been fine with just water.
It would have also screwed with the typing system, which is close to perfect now, but was quite bad in the first gen games.

Mikallen
And personally, I liked Magma and Aqua almost better than Rocket. A lot of people automatically equate first = best, but I think they were done nice too.
Alright, I'll admit fault in this point. In Emerald they were incredibly well done.

Mikallen
Team Galactic is just awful. Stupid uniforms, moronic goals, and their grunts make a point to say "LOL I DUN NO WHUT ARE TEEM EVIN DUZ BUT I HURT U NOW"
"ZOMG! This honey is imperitive to our plans!"
...Sometimes the game speaks for itself...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:01 pm
i hate the lack of rematches w gym leaders. emerald was fun cause of it  

neojoe39

Mikallen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:16 pm
Mirri the Sneak
Mikallen
"ZOMG! This honey is imperitive to our plans!"
...Sometimes the game speaks for itself...
The only redeeming quality of Galactic is I would make sweet love to Jupiter and Mars.

... eek I MEAN! UM!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:18 pm

If the pokemon faints when it loses all it's health shouldn't it be easier to catch than if it still has a sliver of health left? It almost makes me think that the original intention was that it died instead of fainting when it lost all of the health that it had.

The new teams seem to have been environmentalists in a way. It was totally to brainwash the younger generation into saving the rainforst and preventing global warming and all that crap. Plus it is a "little kids game" so the bad guys can't be really evil.

The return of Zubat & Geodude in every game. No one wanted to use them in the first place (though with Crobat things did get a little better).

darkmag07

Mikallen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:20 pm
darkmag07
The return of Zubat & Geodude in ever game. No one wanted to use them in the first place (though with Crobat things did get a little better).
Eat dirt. Golem rules your face.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:39 pm
i agree with most things here. except i use geodude/evos.

Also, the lack of creativity is bothering me. diamond/pearls has almost no creative pokemon. they should open a contest or somethin so that the public can design the sprite/type/rest of it for the next generation game. Then it could be cool again

and i believe their should be more pokemon like burmy and eevee. ones where you raise them for a while and then you get some choice in type when they evolve. I'm tired of going through a game until i reach a gym or the elite four and their is no type in my party that is strong against it. At least when you raise eevee, you can get in strong then evolve it.  

lovegenie

darkmag07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:40 pm
Mikallen
darkmag07
The return of Zubat & Geodude in every game. No one wanted to use them in the first place (though with Crobat things did get a little better).

Fine Mike. I'm just saying that they weren't the most popular in the first game they came out in and the newer games still haven't been able to get over their typing weaknesses to make them drastically worth using.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:56 pm
darkmag07
Mikallen
darkmag07

Fine Mike. I'm just saying that they weren't the most popular in the first game they came out in and the newer games still haven't been able to get over their typing weaknesses to make them drastically worth using.
Ha. I'm just playing. I know in terms of actual usage they're next to worthless, I just always have a Geodude/Graveler/Golem as a low level Pokemon starting out.

And lovegenie I wouldn't say that there are 'almost no creative Pokemon in the 4th generation. I think that's a bit extreme. But I will agree that they do have some really uninspired designs for a good deal of them.

Case and point, I hate Pachirisu with a fiery passion and am angered beyond reason that I found a shiny one.  

Mikallen

lovegenie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:07 pm
Mikallen

And lovegenie I wouldn't say that there are 'almost no creative Pokemon in the 4th generation. I think that's a bit extreme. But I will agree that they do have some really uninspired designs for a good deal of them.

Case and point, I hate Pachirisu with a fiery passion and am angered beyond reason that I found a shiny one.

i guess, but i still find the greatest of all the games to be gold and silver cuz it uses some creative stuff. but i still find stuff like a beaver or hippo not something i'm looking for or expecting in a pokemon game  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:19 pm
Well, Bidoof is a ________ing sin against all character design. (Man, I'm sorry for all my anger and near violent cursing but dammit I really hate them!)  

Mikallen

lovegenie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:36 pm
here is a list of all the pokemon i find uncreative in diamond/pearl:
biddof/bibarrel, budew, craidos, mothim, combee/evo, pachirisu, buizel/floatzel, cherubi.cherrim, shellos/gastrodon, buneary/lopunny, glameow/purugly, stunky/skuntank, chatot, hippopotas/evo, skorupi/evo, croagunk, carnivine, mantyke. i'm only at the sixth gym, so there may be more  
Gaian Pokemon Academy

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff