*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
the unforgivable sin? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

OneWithDunamis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:02 pm
I would think the only unforgivable sin is to reject God, to not believe in Him.

If you don't believe in Him, how can you ask Him for forgiveness?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:04 am
brad175 Wrote:
Guys, the unforgivable sin is unbelief.
I wish unfaith was a word. That would apply better.
It's blasphemy of the holy spirit. And nonbelief is the word you're looking for.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Mountain Rose

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:37 am
I think that blaspheming against the Holy Spirit is not merely unbelieving. I think it's more like denying God to his very essence; truly knowing that he is an awesome and powerful God and that his son Jesus Christ died for your sins, and still rejecting him. And I mean truly knowing this. Not just like you've heard it a thousand times and still don't believe it; I mean like how Lucifer and the other fallen angels turned from God.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:21 am
Mountain Rose Wrote:
I think that blaspheming against the Holy Spirit is not merely unbelieving. I think it's more like denying God to his very essence; truly knowing that he is an awesome and powerful God and that his son Jesus Christ died for your sins, and still rejecting him. And I mean truly knowing this. Not just like you've heard it a thousand times and still don't believe it; I mean like how Lucifer and the other fallen angels turned from God.
It's more so atheism since we all believe in the same God just differently.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Mountain Rose

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:43 am
Dark Angel Rai Wrote:
Mountain Rose Wrote:

I don't think so. I mean, Muslims believe in their version of God, too, but they can still be forgiven. Atheists can be forgiven.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:47 am
Mountain Rose Wrote:
Dark Angel Rai Wrote:
Mountain Rose Wrote:

I don't think so. I mean, Muslims believe in their version of God, too, but they can still be forgiven. Atheists can be forgiven.
Atheists don't believe in a God or supernatural deity. The totally deny that he ever existed. That is blasmephy. The pagans may have different Gods and Goddesses but they are the aspects of the different Love. Every religion out there teaches one main concept and that is love. (Love your neighbor, nature, etc.). Atheism is disbelief. So yeah.  

Neferet -House of Night-

yashua_freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:52 pm
for a christian there is no unforgivable sin...they are all equal in the eyes of the lord.
for non believers there is also no unforgivable and there are no forgivable sins because for them there is no sin...if your not sorry for something then you cant be forgiven of anything.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:03 am
then what happens to all the muslims and jews who dont believe christ? : o  

No place like 127 0 0 1

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:57 am
No place like 127 0 0 1 Wrote:
then what happens to all the muslims and jews who dont believe christ? : o
Apparently they go to hell. But Christ died for every last person here. And everyone that subscribes to a religion or is a spirtualist believes in some form of God.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:14 pm
Theres only one unforgiveable sin.
When people get under the holy ghost. Someties speaking in tongues. Thats the holy spirit.
Blasphamy is cursing.
So its cursing someone thats under the holy ghost.  

Big_Wave_Legacy

Scazarith

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:39 pm
Thanks for the scripture ablazed. Kept me from having to type it up ^.^

LUKE 12:10, "And everyone that says a word against the Son of Man, that will be forgiven; But he that blasphemes against The Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
MARK 3:29, "Whoever blasphemes against The Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but is guilty of everlasting sin."
MATTHEW 12: 31-32 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come".

The speculation as to what the blaspheming of the Holy Spirit actually is needs to stop. The bible provides an example for us of what it is [via Jesus and the pharisees] beginning in Matthew 12:22. In a nutshell, Jesus cast a demon out of this man and the pharisees accused him of casting these demons out through the power of beelzebub (satan) instead of the power of the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit). He stated this as the blaspheming (speaking ill of/defiling the name of/or accusing the Spirit of evil as the case were) of the Holy Spirit.

This is the one and ONLY unforgivable sin that was mentioned in the bible. Don't ask me about suicide. I can't say for sure, but its really not a "gamble" that I'd stake my soul on.

Lastly, the catholic church is wrong. Don't make the mistake of lumping catholisicm in with Christianity. They're not the same religion.
There is no such thing as purgatory when we die.

The bible says in Hebrews 9:27 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement:" There is no getting around it. If we could just say we're sorry when we die then Jesus came for no reason. It's all in Gods Word friends.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:01 pm
Scazarith Wrote:
Thanks for the scripture ablazed. Kept me from having to type it up ^.^

LUKE 12:10, "And everyone that says a word against the Son of Man, that will be forgiven; But he that blasphemes against The Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
MARK 3:29, "Whoever blasphemes against The Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but is guilty of everlasting sin."
MATTHEW 12: 31-32 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come".

The speculation as to what the blaspheming of the Holy Spirit actually is needs to stop. The bible provides an example for us of what it is [via Jesus and the pharisees] beginning in Matthew 12:22. In a nutshell, Jesus cast a demon out of this man and the pharisees accused him of casting these demons out through the power of beelzebub (satan) instead of the power of the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit). He stated this as the blaspheming (speaking ill of/defiling the name of/or accusing the Spirit of evil as the case were) of the Holy Spirit.

This is the one and ONLY unforgivable sin that was mentioned in the bible. Don't ask me about suicide. I can't say for sure, but its really not a "gamble" that I'd stake my soul on.

Lastly, the catholic church is wrong. Don't make the mistake of lumping catholisicm in with Christianity. They're not the same religion.
There is no such thing as purgatory when we die.

The bible says in Hebrews 9:27 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement:" There is no getting around it. If we could just say we're sorry when we die then Jesus came for no reason. It's all in Gods Word friends.
You do realize that all the different denominations split off from the Catholic Church right?  

Neferet -House of Night-

Scazarith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:18 pm
Yes ma'am I am aware of that, and I'm also aware of the reasons they split from the church. What is important in peoples attempts to follow Christianity is to read and know what the Word of God says. If you read the bible, and then compare it to catholicism, it immediately becomes evident that catholicism is not Christianity. It is Christianity mixed with paganism.

Now don't take this statement to mean that I think that there are other perfect demominations or branches of Christianity.

If you want Christianity then follow what the bible says. If you want a demomination or a church, then hop around until you find one that believes in all of the bible. If the Holy Spirit is clearly evident in a church then its harder to go wrong. Not impossible, but harder.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:55 pm
Scazarith Wrote:
Yes ma'am I am aware of that, and I'm also aware of the reasons they split from the church. What is important in peoples attempts to follow Christianity is to read and know what the Word of God says. If you read the bible, and then compare it to catholicism, it immediately becomes evident that catholicism is not Christianity. It is Christianity mixed with paganism.

Now don't take this statement to mean that I think that there are other perfect demominations or branches of Christianity.

If you want Christianity then follow what the bible says. If you want a demomination or a church, then hop around until you find one that believes in all of the bible. If the Holy Spirit is clearly evident in a church then its harder to go wrong. Not impossible, but harder.
You also realize that you don't need a Church to have the holy spirit right? Your body is the Church itself. And actually Christianity itself is mixed with both Judaism AND Paganism. Try doing research on the origins of Christmas and Easter and then come back and talk to me.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Scazarith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:57 pm
Lol. Yes I realize the origins of Christmas and Easter. I have studied on it, probably more extensively than you - at least on the Christmas part.

But you can't call either of those holidays Christian because the bible doesn't tell us to celebrate either of them. If you can prove me wrong on that I will kindly apologize.

Here is where you are wrong on the "our bodies ARE the church" thing.

You are correct when you say that our bodies are the temple. Paul said in I Corinthians 6:19-20 "Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

BUT, "church" or the actually physical building kind of temple is also important. Paul also writes in Hebrews 10:24-25 "And let us consider one another to provoke one another unto love and to good works: 25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

This speaks of a gathering together of like minded believers, generally this is done at appointed times throughout the week at a set meeting place. Many people call this place a church.

Once again, If you're going to argue about the bible, then provide biblical references. Read the bible, learn the truth for yourself.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff