Reply Debate and Discussion
the unforgivable sin? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

volleyball_freak2992

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:12 pm
what exactly is it ive read some stuff on it but i still need some clarification on it???  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:28 am
volleyball_freak2992
what exactly is it ive read some stuff on it but i still need some clarification on it???

I always wondered why there would even be any unforgivable sins if the entire point is that we can be forgiven of ALL sins
well apparently not me anyway
I'm marked for hell as they say  

lordstar

ShenHazuki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:43 pm
Some say if you accept the 'mark of the beast" in the end times (reveleations)

that it is unforgivable

But thats the only thing...that i am aware...if even that  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:56 am
Let me rephrase my question: What is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit??  

volleyball_freak2992

Lexille

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:20 pm
basically the only unforgivable sin is refusing to believe in god (blasphemy of the holy spirit)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:27 pm
Ya, for if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your savior, then there is nothing shielding you from God's wrath upon the sinners. For by the blood of Jesus we were forgiven. I do not think that there is another one.  

Valandil517

lordstar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:29 am
Valandil517
Ya, for if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your savior, then there is nothing shielding you from God's wrath upon the sinners. For by the blood of Jesus we were forgiven. I do not think that there is another one.

if what you say is true then I see only one practical thing to do
rebel against an unjust wrathful god

what happened to the love
lost in dogma I think  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:08 pm
How is giving a thousand times forgivness not loving? How is always watching you not loving? How is his salvation not loving? God loves you, but hates sin. He can not be with sin. He gives you uncoutable chances and forgivness all through out your life. He loved us soo much that he sent his one and only Son to die for our sins, so that we may not truely die.  

Valandil517

lordstar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:58 pm
Valandil517
How is giving a thousand times forgiveness not loving?

We are talking about the one sin that can't be forgiven
and why do I need to be forgiven if I have done nothing wrong?
love is unconditional and having a sin that can't be forgiven puts a condition on god's love and thus it is not love.

Valandil517

How is always watching you not loving?

That is just creepy stare

Valandil517

How is his salvation not loving?

It's conditional (some are rather silly conditions I might add...most are obviously additions made by people wanting nothing more then to control a population and manipulate them to do what they want)

Valandil517

God loves you, but hates sin. He can not be with sin.

That statement never made any sense to me
so many contradictions I don't even know where to start

Valandil517

He gives you uncountable chances and forgiveness all through out your life.

apparently not every sin can be forgiven...

Valandil517

He loved us so much that he sent his one and only Son to die for our sins, so that we may not truly die.

Tell me again how this statement makes sense
Why did such events need to take place
just to keep things simple
Either God was board or something or God is not all powerful
(the above is not to be take at face value...just in case someone missed my hint...sadly there is a high chance I will get flamed anyway)

Worst DM ever...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:20 am
lordstar, I have a question for you - in many of your posts, you mention something negative about dogma. What do you actually think dogma is? Just going from your previous comments in several threads, I'm pretty sure you're working from a different understanding of the word dogma than I am, and I'm just curious what you believe about it.

On topic:

LUKE 12:10, "And everyone that says a word against the Son of Man, that will be forgiven; But he that blasphemes against The Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
MARK 3:29, "Whoever blasphemes against The Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but is guilty of everlasting sin."
MATTHEW 12: 31-32 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come".

Those are the specific quotes being referenced for this discussion, I believe.

To blaspheme against the Holy spirit is to refuse the work He is doing in you.

This Rock
It is the refusal to ask for forgiveness, a refusal to repent. "Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, then, is that sin committed by the person who claims to have a ‘right’ to persist in evil—in any sin at all—and who thus rejects redemption" (Dominum et Vivificantem 46).

It is the Holy Spirit who convinces us of our sins for the purpose of repentance. So if he makes us aware of sin and we refuse to repent, then it becomes an unforgivable sin. Of course, if we do repent, then we can be forgiven.

"There are no limits to the mercy of God, but anyone who deliberately refuses to accept his mercy by repenting rejects the forgiveness of his sins and the salvation offered by the Holy Spirit. Such hardness of heart can lead to final impenitence and eternal loss" (CCC1864).

Ablazed
Captain

lordstar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:41 am
dogma

1. a system of principles or tenets, as of a church.
2. a specific tenet or doctrine authoritatively laid down, as by a church: the dogma of the Assumption.
3. prescribed doctrine: political dogma.
4. a settled or established opinion, belief, or principle.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dogma

I don't do well with authority  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:43 pm
lordstar: Interesting. I was just curious about your opinion, so thank you for answering my question. =)  

Ablazed
Captain

lordstar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:52 am
Ablazed
lordstar: Interesting. I was just curious about your opinion, so thank you for answering my question. =)

I try wink  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:53 am
I have been taught that there are two unforgiveable sins

1. *Blasphemy against the holy spirit -- that is, saying Jesus received his power from satan and or refusal to accept the holy spirit

2. Receiving the mark of the beast

* i am not an expert on this point, im just saying what ive been taught  

Idospahr Enilegnave

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:19 pm
lordstar
Valandil517

if what you say is true then I see only one practical thing to do
rebel against an unjust wrathful god

what happened to the love
lost in dogma I think

Well, why would you rebel against the creator of the universe? Your creator, and sustainer? That seems kinda' pointless to me...

Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff