Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Archived
=Soquili Stats Bonus Questions= December Questions Open! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 102 103 104 105 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

U-tse-li-i

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:23 pm
*You must have a teepee to apply for bonus stats. If you do not yet have a teepee, wait until you do.

Interested in gaining a few more stats for one of your Soquili?

Each month, I'll be posting a few questions that relate to one of the stats. Using ONE of your Soquili, you may roleplay them answering the questions and post your responses in this thread, using the form found below. If you answer ALL the questions, that Soquili will gain an increase of 2 stat points for the stat the questions relate to.

All entries must be posted by 11:59pm the last day of each month. Any posted afterwards will not count towards the previous month's questions.

If you have any questions, please PM them to Nisshou H.

December's Stat is Speed!!

Please fill out these questions in their entirety to be able to earn your stats. Remember, you can only enter ONCE each month and with ONE Soquili.

[b]Owner's Name:[/b]
[b]Participating Soquili:[/b]
[b]Link to Teepee:[/b]

[b]Let's slow down this month, what do you think a perk to slowing down is?:[/b]

[b]Explain the saying "slow and steady wins the race" and what it means to you:[/b]

[b]Which do you prefer blazing by or taking it easy? Why?:[/b]

And, have no fear, there are no right or wrong answers to any of these questions!

You have until 11:59pm MST on December 31st to post your answers in this thread.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:05 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: o0 Nel Zelpher 0o
Participating Soquili: Athena
Link to Teepee: [x]

What's one thing that you're afraid of?:

It doesn't take the little alicorn very long at all to come up with an answer to this. "I think if a Skinwalker found me, I'd be scared. Did you know..." she looks back and fort before whispering, "they eat other Soquili? That's scary."

How do you think you could overcome this fear?:

"I'd run, until I couldn't see it anymore. If it's not there, it can't scare me right? Or eat me...I don't think I'd like being eaten."

What does the word "Courage" mean to you?:

Athena stares, wondering if you really don't know the answer. "It means being brave. And not just normal brave, but really brave. Sometimes Soquili are brave to show off, and that's not courage."

Tell me about a time when you were scared, and what you did in that situation. Did you run from your fear? Did you face it? (If your Soquili has never been in this situation IC, you may make up a story to use):

"When I first came out of that basket thing, I was really scared because the light was very bright! It hurt my eyes. I tried to close my eyes, but I could still tell the light was out there. A funny thing happened though...when I opened them again, the light didn't hurt them anymore! I didn't really have anything to be afraid of after all."

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: mouselet
Participating Soquili: Wyrsa
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=8641761

Afraid of? Me? Nothing! What, you don't believe me? Come on! Wait...you really don't believe me?

Okay...well...Kalona. I mean, I admire them soooo much...but they are SCARY. And violent. I want to be like the Kalona, but I don't want to be hurt. Yeah. They're what scares me.

Well, I'm working on it. I've met a Kalona. Two in fact. And I've come away from both encounters intact...but...well...they are scary. I hope to meet more Kalona in the future, and maybe that'll help me overcome that fear!

I mean, when I see them, I act tough, as if I couldn't care less, and I try not to show how scared I am. I think I'm getting better at it.

"Courage?" Do you want that in relation to the fear of Kalona? Or just in general. I guess courage is standing up and facing something that absolutely terrifies you and has the power to hurt you rather badly. Oh, and courage is also doing all of that and laughing at the thing you're afraid of. Laughing and teasing it.

Tell me about a time when you were scared, and what you did in that situation. Did you run from your fear? Did you face it? (If your Soquili has never been in this situation IC, you may make up a story to use):
So this one time, I wanted to cross the desert, but I didn't know the safe path. Out of NOWHERE swoops this Kalona, named Tloc. I was shaking down to my hooves I was so scared, but I managed to bluff my way through. It kind of helped that he pissed me off a bit, because I'm less afraid when I'm angry. Anyway, I gave him attitude for attitude and he eventually agreed to lead me through the desert. We made it of course, but I was so scared at the end, I was surprised he didn't seem to hear my knees knocking against each other. And he almost bit more a few times! He kept threatening, coming up behind me so that I could hear him right in my ear...agh! It was scary all right!

You could say I faced my fear, I mean, what other choice did I have? I had to get across the desert somehow, and I didn't know the way. He did, but he was a Kalona - the first I'd ever met. If that's not facing my fear, I don't know what is.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:13 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Amirynth
Participating Soquili: Dayunsi
Link to Teepee: Rynth's Teepee

Dayunsi paused for a moment. My greatest fear? He didn't want to admit he was terrified of open places. The groundless fear he would be picked up as pray. The fluttercorn preferred to be a small size, enjoying the unique viewpoint that it offered. Unfortunately with that came the unnerving feeling that he was constantly being stalked. He believed it was weak of him and didn't want to truly admit it as for all his wisdom he was afraid it would make him lesser in the others' eyes.

How do you think you could overcome this fear?: "The only way to overcome something you are afraid of is by facing your inner demons and winning." Dayunsi nods, his long green hair falling over his face and partially obscuring it from sight. "I guess there are many ways people do this. Some are thrust into a situation and then they find the strength to beat the odds. Others choose to look towards their fear and fight against it, learning to over come what caused them grief." The flutter closes his eyes before continuing. "I believe I should face my fear... but then I don't know if I have the strength to do so. It doesn't affect me that much, I prefer to stay within the forest."

What does the word "Courage" mean to you?: "To overcome insurmountable odd in the face of adversity." The fluttercorn nods solemnly as he thinks of all the tales and stories he knew where the chief character was able to overcome the barriers and grow as a person, usually achieving his or her dream in the process.

Tell me about a time when you were scared, and what you did in that situation. Did you run from your fear? Did you face it? (If your Soquili has never been in this situation IC, you may make up a story to use): Taking a deep breath he decided to speak... to just let it flow and hope that by the end of it he would not be thought of as a weak creature. "I ran, I didn't know what to do... I had been talking with Immi and she said something..." He paused and tried again. "I felt lost, I needed to find the courage to tell her... but I didn't know how to say it. When I left the woods... I didn't expect it to be so... wide." The flutter closed his eyes remembering the shock of the expansive fields he had seen beyond the safety of the forests shadows. "I tried to find the courage to go back but I couldn't." Dayunsi didn't think he would every manage to leave the safety of the shadows but had summoned the strength to run through the open meadow towards the river near by. "I almost didn't make it when that feline attacked... I managed to get away but I was already badly injured. I had gotten lost but I found a cave... it didn't seem to be occupied for which I was thankful..." The mad flight of trying to get away from those claws had haunted him while he was hidden away in the cave, the wound on his back throbbing.

The flutter thinks for a moment, "I guess it wasn't the open spaces that I feared the most. It was her words... her rejection, that I feared." He took a deep breath. "I was afraid of being attacked, and I was when I ran off but still it seemed better than the alternative. I guess I gained the courage to ask her after I survived the confrontation. Looking back I guess it was at that moment I realized that the rewards if I faced my fear were worth the risk of looking her. Because I gained the courage to ask her how she felt, I gained a life long companion who loves me back." Dayunsi smiled softly as he raised his head, letting the long locks that usually covered his face, fall back and out of the way.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Caitlyn Hellstorm

Beloved Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:30 am
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Caitlyn Hellstorm
Participating Soquili: Eirian
Link to Teepee: Siryn Tigera's Teepee

What's one thing that you're afraid of?: The small winged filly cocks her head to side and thinks about the question for little while. "I would have to say.. I am very afraid of losing my family to monsters..." Her eyes went wide as she looks around nervously to see that her parents is still standing nearby, watching her and she immediately felt reassured once again.

How do you think you could overcome this fear?: Eirian bites down on her lower lip as she ponders on that question. Her parents have been teaching her and her brother so many things ever since they crawled out of the baskets. She tries to remember what her mother told her as she looks at the ground, pawing at it with her tiny hoof. "Um...I am not sure. I probably will run away from the monsters or try to save them from..." Her voice wobbles as her eyes wells up with tears as she thinks about the possibility of her watching her family die in front of her in the gaping maw of the monsters. "the monsters.. I will shout at them and try to distract them then run away with my family." She determinedly says as she nods firmly.

What does the word "Courage" mean to you?: "Courage..." Eirian mumbles the word as she racks her brain for the meaning. "Courage means bravery... being able to go through many problems without running away from it." Eirian says as she squints one of her eyes before she smiles. "And it means standing up to something you are afraid of!"

Eirian makes the noise that sounds almost like a squawk as she smiles at the person/soquili that was talking to her. "Well um... When I first came out of the basket, everything around me was/is SO HUGE! I just wanted to run back in my basket and my parents scared me because they were right up in our faces but when my parents spoke, I realized that they were my parents. They are there to protect me.. and for my fear of the huge things.. I am still afraid but I am still learning about how to overcome that fear. Now I am not afraid of most of things!" She beams in pride as she glances at her mother whom smiled in return.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:50 am
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: `Swirly
Participating Soquili: @__@ I have to pick? Lovey Dovey!~
Link to Teepee: x

What's one thing that you're afraid of?: @__@ Bags under my eyes. Okay, okay.. That was a joke. Well, for the most part. biggrin I’d say that what worries me the most and what I fear the most would be losing my family or them being hurt. I have four beautiful daughters.. Three by birth and the other I love as much as I would of blood. (Just so you don’t think I’m popping out babies every day. My figure is still… decent.)

*background noise* CHUNKY.

A-Hem!

I can’t follow my children everywhere that they go, so that constant worry follows me around. More of a gnawing fear than a worry.

How do you think you could overcome this fear?: *Lazily tosses her mane* I won’t. They are my babies and nothing will change that. Nothing will make me worry less about them. Wait, I could tie them up and make them stay where I want… Would that be allowed? Seriously, please?

What does the word "Courage" mean to you?: Mmm, Now that is a bit of a tough question to answer. I figure, in my probably not humble opinion, that courage is getting up and kissing your babies goodbye and knowing that whatever they find they will do. Being a coward would be charging after them or bullying them to stay home.

Carefully, obviously uncomfortable Lovey begins her tale. I still like in a fearful situation with my adoptive daughter, Ignacia. When she was first found the little flaming basket had nearly extinguished from the abuse of cold. With the help of Azumoth, we were able to warm the babe up and part of me managed to keep a slight rein on my sanity. Fear still drives me around ‘Naci because her parents can come back at anytime. They can take her from me in a snap… What if they love her more? Or worse, what if she loves them more? ….  

`Swirly

Hygienic Sex Symbol

Lunar Mirage

Invisible Phantom

24,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:31 am
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Lady Mirage
Participating Soquili: Blake
Link to Teepee:
[X]

Blake was silent for a moment as he dipped his head and nuzzled the basket ever so lovingly at his feet before finally answering, "I fear my past. I fear the future....I fear not knowing who I was, and also if I will be a good father to these little ones and Zari, and also good mate to Chepi. I can't just name one thing as to not know one's past as I don't, how can one be comfortable with the future? Never mind the present, that's scary enough on it's own. My biggest fear, though, is my past, and not knowing who I truly am."

How do you think you could overcome this fear?: "It's the truth that I've come to realize with Chepi's help that the only way to get through this is to take one day at a time. So I can't remember my past, should that stop me from living in the here and now? Take each day one at a time and just try and be the best Soquili that I can possibly be. My past is the past, and so what if I was a different horse back then, that will not change who I am now. Every day I wake up scared, bu but I have a wonderful mate, loving daughter, and two little ones who depend on me to be strong for them, and so I am."

What does the word "Courage" mean to you?: LIfting his head, he shakes his mane out of his face before standing tall and straight. "Courage means to put your fear aside to stand for a cause greater than your own. To not only be willing to accept your actions to willing to take and accept the consequences for such....to not run from our problems, and also to know when to pick your battles. To know when to draw the line between bravery and courage and outright stupidity."

"Not long after I woke up with amnesia, I met Chepi....I'd been wandering for I don't know how long in a daze and she helped me find an anchor by being a guide and answering all my silly questions. We spent alot of time together...and then she disappeared. For the firs time in since we'd met, I was really alone and frightened. I know what a foal feels like now when he become seperated from their parents and panic when nothing looks familiar anymore. I knew not what to do, where to go and had no one to ask their advice about....I was truly alone. Finally, after waiting a few days I did run...but I ran to find her. By that time, my fear had changed that I feared she was injured and needed my help....in short, I feared for her life more than my own as my love for her overcame the fear of leaving what little familarity I'd established. I searched for her for about two weeks before finding her thin and on the point of extreme exhaustion caring for a sickly foal she'd found. That was the day Zari emerged from her basket and we became an official family....thinking about that always gives me goosebumps of joy."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:46 am
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: .Tortured. .Pumpkin.
Participating Soquili: Midori
Link to Teepee: Teepee for j00!

What's one thing that you're afraid of?: I dunno... Toxic stuff... Whatever that is. Though people call me that... So I'm not sure if I should be afraid of myself or not. o_o

How do you think you could overcome this fear?: Er... Cover myself in mud and run? Or I could just not be afraid of it anymore. That might work too.

What does the word "Courage" mean to you?: Er... Courage? Well... It means what it is, I suppose. Bravery, I guess. Same thing, but still. It means bravery.

Tell me about a time when you were scared, and what you did in that situation. Did you run from your fear? Did you face it? (If your Soquili has never been in this situation IC, you may make up a story to use): One time, when I was a foal, I cried because of a spider... I'm not afraid of them anymore, but still. I cried. That counts for something. There was this other time, too. I didn't cry, but there was this thing called a skinwalker... Very scary. Its pelt came alive, so I ran.

((Yay for my craptastic thingermajiggy. XD))  

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

Parue

Tricky Cleric

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:09 am
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Parue
Participating Soquili: Misfortune
Link to Teepee: Parue's Teepee

What's one thing that you're afraid of?: Misfortune blinked and closed his eyes for a moment, a scowl graceing his face that was painted in the likeness of a blood red skull. He couldent belive he was about to admit this but it needed to be done... " My Grandmother. " He said and the words fell like stone, cracking trhough the air and silenceing out the noise of all other things. " My Grandmother Celendria is honestly the one thing that scares me on this earth. Not because im afraid of being hurt " he said, a strain of defiance sli
pping into his voice " ...but... because of everything my mother has told me about her. I fear that i wont be worthy enough to stand next to this glacial mare with pride because the image of her built up in my head is of this astounding calm soquili who would have the patience to outlast an ice age. And she is. " she said, his tail swaying hervousely behind him like a whip.

" Shes so calm and sure of herself that she seems almost alien to me... shes everything that im not, not because i dont want to be, but because i dont have that type of strength in me. Shes the one things that scares me because shes the one thing that i dont understand most on this earth " He said and sighehed, narrowing crimson eyes as if dareing anyone to say anything.

" I need to better myself, not in the eyes of others, but for myself, so i can feel like im ready to talk to her as an equal, not as a child would talk to an elder " it mattered not if in comparison he ~was~ a child, talking to an elder mare was indeed and elder. " I dont know if i can ever acomplish this but I hope I am getting there, even if its a little by little "

" The word courage to me means the ability to stand up and do what you need to do. It dosnt matter in what sence, it could be takeing on the task of raising children or chargeing down your enemy, the context does not matter " He said and started to puff out his chest, the spiralwed bloody horn atop his head catching the light and glinting with maliciouse intent " Courage is haveing the means inside yourself to do what you have to, it dosnt matter if your scared, or your heart is raceing with the joy of it, the fact that you can get up and take charge is courage "

He blinked... his ears flicking and he calmed down " ... I remember seeing her once as a child " He said, closeing his eyes and shakeing his head " I was so young the memory is half smoke and mist, but i remember my mother takeing me to see her. I was so scared i couldent make it all the way up to her, i stayed at the bottom of the hill as they just stood there soaking in eachothers company. " He opened his eyes, a curtain of smokey cream colored hair falling to frame his face " I stayed in the cover of the trees and waited for my mother to return to me... and then i left without ever bringing myself to climb the hill and actualy meet her, i watched from a distace in the light of the moon, just stareing.... " And with that he sank into silence.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:55 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Bluefire Dragonz
Participating Soquili: Orah
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=6399945

Orah shifted at the question posed to her, soft pointed ears layed back to her skull. She had a shy, sheepish expression as she dropped her eyes, struggling with her reply. "Oh, dear... I... I guess I'm afraid of wolves." She flicked her tail as she stamped a hoof, shaking her body as if to shake off the fright. "They're just so... mean."

The zorse perked up a little as she thought of that. "Well... I guess, if I was in a group of other soquilli, or I was with my girl, I might be able to overcome my fear. I just... can't do it alone, I think." She whickered softly as she bobbed her head gently on its striped neck.

She tilted her head the other way to think about this. What did courage mean? Like... the word? The mare lifted her shoulders and let them fall again, her tail gently swaying. "Courage is... being able to face things you're afraid of, I guess? Or doing things that you know are going to be really hard?" She giggled softly at that, shrugging again.

Orah hummed softly to herself as she dropped her eyes to look at the ground. "Well... I used to be in a circus, before Blue came and got me. I used to perform, you know, in front of big crowds. It wasn't really scary, because I like people, but sometimes I'd perform by the lion's cage, and that was really scary... they'd roar and stuff. I had a hard time getting used to it, but the humans made me do it alot, showed me there was a cage to keep them away, and gave me lots of treats. Now I'm a lot better." She smiled, looking shyly triumphant.  

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Kijani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:11 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: X-Ronso-X
Participating Soquili: Ezriel
Link to Teepee: Link :3

Ezriel knitted his crimson brows slightly as his spaded-spiked devils tail flicked behind him. "Afraid of? I think I'm most afraid of myself. Its all because of that damn split nature between dark and light inside of me- sometimes I just have no control and I either hurt myself or others." His front, right cloven hoof pawed at the ground hesitantly as a heavy breath exhaled through his nostrils, his mind even then battling itself on what to say. "....Enough said."

"I need to just take care of the damn problem myself and I guess learn more about it but who knows- I might never overcome this damn-tastic fear," he grumbled. "Not everything can be fixed or saved."

The pale, mutant male shurgged his shoulders slightly and glanced away for a moment. Courage? He never was fond of the word nor cared for it but its meaning? "Doing whatever the hell it takes to get where you want to go or doing something when the odds are against you. Its about willing to sacrifice something for another and all of that...stuff."

"There was one night where my brother, Dante, and I were rummaging on the outskirts of the woods alone and that was when we actually came face to face with him," Ezriel began, voice low and rather reserved as he shook his long locks of crimson out of his face and to to side. "We came face to face with our father, Reaper whose notorious, bloodthristy and has been kept away from us since we were little...or so we thought."

His maw frowned slightly, forelegs trembling as he could feel the inner demons and darkness bring attempt to stir up his emotions as they clawed at his mind and howled. The stallion did his best to repress them as he shook his head, flared his nostrils and continued as he bit down upon his lower lip slightly.

"I'm not gonna go into details about him or of his reputation- you can find that out by your damn self," he quickly added with a grumble. "But while Dante was petrified- I just stood there, listened to him and didn't run away. Why the hell would you run away from something you fear? I couldn't. My legs wouldn't let me and I had no choice. I don't know if that counts as bravey but at least I seemed to prove to him something or did something right whatever the hell I did to still be living."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:38 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Infinities
Participating Soquili: Yue Shuang
Link to Teepee: [X]

What's one thing that you're afraid of?: "Afraid? I suppose I would be afraid of..." Yue's voice trailed off, and the mare's head tilted. "Well, there are a lot of things to be afraid of, I suppose. The worst for me would probably be being eaten."

How do you think you could overcome this fear?: She snorted, tossing her mane. "Overcome the fear of being munched on? I suppose... be careful not to get eaten."

What does the word "Courage" mean to you?: "Technically courage, aka fortitude, is the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty or intimidation. I suppose to me, to be courageous is to be brave enough to speak your mind, no matter who is listening."

Tell me about a time when you were scared, and what you did in that situation. Did you run from your fear? Did you face it? (If your Soquili has never been in this situation IC, you may make up a story to use): Yue pondered the question quietly for a long time before she spoke. "It may sound foolish, but I don't really remember being afraid. I suppose the greatest feeling of fear I remember was from when I was a child. My mother was young, and she was really stupid. Really, really, really stupid. I remember hearing her crying one time, about my brother and I. It was the most horrible feeling I'd ever felt. To my child's mind, I remember thinking if she hadn't wanted us, she would leave us. And so I kept pushing her away, because I was terrified that if I didn't, she would push me away first, and it would hurt. If I pushed first, then it wouldn't be as bad." She shuddered gently. "I wasn't the sharpest kid, I suppose..."  

Infinities

Sexy Sex Symbol

35,140 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
  • Gaia Artist Alley Box Achievement 500

Grey Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:43 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Grey Dragon
Participating Soquili: Kal
Link to Teepee: X

Kal fidgets a bit, shifting his back hooves nervously. "Uhm... Only one thing?" He had to think about it for a few minutes, looking edgy and embarrassed. There were so many things he was afraid of, but he was obviously unwilling to admit to his deepest fears. The little stallion keeps his eyes downcast as he finally replies, "I-I'm afraid of kalona, a-and being attacked."

"I-I don't know, I'm too small to face it, I-I'd probably just end up running away." Kal was speaking from experience, it was hard for him to think beyond his own shortcomings. "I-I suppose I could try learning to defend myself, i-if I was stronger I wouldn't have to be so scared all the time."

This one Kal doesn't have to hesitate at all to answer. It's never been the meaning of courage that evaded him, just the actual attribute. "I-it means doing what you have to do, doing what's right, e-even if it's frightening..."

The little alicorn once again looks like he's holding something back, because he doesn't quite look up, and doesn't quite stop fidgeting. Even so, it's still obvious what he does admit fills him with shame. "I-I was chased by a kalona. I-it ambushed me at the river, and I tried to stay calm, but I panicked and ran. I should have been able to defend myself, but I'm too small, and I was afraid... So I ran and hid in the blackberry bushes. I-I was able to fit, but the kalona couldn't get past the thorns..." He ducked his head miserably. "Please don't tell anyone..."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:34 pm
Closed for October! domokun heart

((shush, I was out of town, so yes, I'm late >_>; ))

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

U-tse-li-i

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:29 am
Points have been added to all that participated for October!

Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 102 103 104 105 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff