Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Guild's Main Forum - - [religion, spirituality, paranormal, metaphysics, etc]
Suggestions - - [Help us improve the guild] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atrum_Anima

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:59 pm
A 'Q&A' sticky topic for random questions that are too small to start an entire topic for. For example, someone would post their question and someone would either directly answer them in the thread or they could pm the user with the question.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:55 pm
loveblackbutterflies
I agree with KillerBash.

I have a suggestion... With the newspaper and events you make sure to include the southern hemisphere (Which I'm really thankful about as quite a few places forget U_U wink but the materials for spells and the like... well sometimes they have objects/ingredients/materials that you can't find in places like Australia. Perhaps someone out there might be able to edit a few of these things to make it easier? That's if there is another Southern Pagan in this guild... I haven't found any. sad

Would it be possible for you to get me a list of some of these things you aren't able to get?

@Atrum: That's a great idea. We'll get to work on that! biggrin  

dark_angel_32189

loveblackbutterflies

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:36 pm
dark_angel_32189

Would it be possible for you to get me a list of some of these things you aren't able to get?

It would be possible, but it's mainly things that can't stand the heat here, such as certain types of trees like Holly and Birch. Also, I found an Australian website for powders, roots, herbs and barks that looks intriguing. Here's a link.

http://www.whitemagic.com.au/rootsandpowders.htm  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:59 am
Hello, I am very new to both the guild and Wicca. I find that when I come to the guild forums and start looking around I am totally overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information that has been posted and in truth have no idea where to begin reading. I feel like I need a guide or something.

And that is where my idea came from. I was thinking that it would be fun and awesome if we could have a thread (or better a sub-forum) where mini-covens could form, organized and run just like a rl coven. They could hold events, role play (seriously, not as a joke) ceremonies. As someone very new to this I would love to see a glimpse at what it is really like to be a wiccan. Now I know with this religion there is allot a variance in beliefs depending upon each individual you talk to but I think this might be good for that too. For ex. A mini-coven Named Children of the Wolf Moon could form to practice the Native American rituals and beliefs together. This can go hand in hand with one of the other suggestions I read that seemed popular of having events in town. Each mini-coven can decide whether to have town events or be strictly forum based, or some combination of the two. This could help one of the big problems with the suggestion as the mini-covens that formed and intended to have town events could organize themselves by time-zone. My main motivation for this is that it would allow me, and other new people, to interact directly with more experienced people and get guidance on what topics to study and threads to read to continue down my spiritual path. A plus on this as well is that the paper could do highlights or even articles about the antics of the mini-covens.

Anyways that is just a thought that was growing in my mind. I apologize if I said anything offensive or just plain impossible above, I am very nubbly new to all of this. Thanks for reading and considering my suggestion! =D  

Koren-the-Phoenix

Xx_Zack_Aerith_Lover_xX

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:23 pm
too2sweet
I don't know if it is possible (or maybe it's already been done), but especially for all of us solitary witches, I thought it would be really great if we could gather at a house and hold a "virtual full moon ritual".

Just a thought.

I totally agree! biggrin I like that idea.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:10 pm
Koren-the-Phoenix
Hello, I am very new to both the guild and Wicca. I find that when I come to the guild forums and start looking around I am totally overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information that has been posted and in truth have no idea where to begin reading. I feel like I need a guide or something.

And that is where my idea came from. I was thinking that it would be fun and awesome if we could have a thread (or better a sub-forum) where mini-covens could form, organized and run just like a rl coven. They could hold events, role play (seriously, not as a joke) ceremonies. As someone very new to this I would love to see a glimpse at what it is really like to be a wiccan. Now I know with this religion there is allot a variance in beliefs depending upon each individual you talk to but I think this might be good for that too. For ex. A mini-coven Named Children of the Wolf Moon could form to practice the Native American rituals and beliefs together. This can go hand in hand with one of the other suggestions I read that seemed popular of having events in town. Each mini-coven can decide whether to have town events or be strictly forum based, or some combination of the two. This could help one of the big problems with the suggestion as the mini-covens that formed and intended to have town events could organize themselves by time-zone. My main motivation for this is that it would allow me, and other new people, to interact directly with more experienced people and get guidance on what topics to study and threads to read to continue down my spiritual path. A plus on this as well is that the paper could do highlights or even articles about the antics of the mini-covens.

Anyways that is just a thought that was growing in my mind. I apologize if I said anything offensive or just plain impossible above, I am very nubbly new to all of this. Thanks for reading and considering my suggestion! =D

You could always make threads and such in The Sitting Room. Or maybe The Main Hall (which is where roleplaying should be done). As far as the "mini-covens" being run by the guild, I'm not sure it'd be fair to ask the crew to do that. They do have lives outside of the guild and they already work so hard doing stuff for the guild as it is.  

dark_angel_32189

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:33 pm
Koren-the-Phoenix... isn't that sort of what the guild is for - a place for like minded individuals to gather, share ideas, have discussions, hold events, etc...?

There is a Getting Started... thread here in the main forum, and as Maggie said you are welcome to create a "gathering" type thread in the sitting room.

On a personal note... I would ask (beg) that you please don't use the term "RP" in relation to workings/rituals, etc... - this is not a game. While I get that you didn't really mean it the way it came out, please be more careful with your choice of words.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:06 pm
I suggest somehow making it easier to find you're signatures. Like for example if someone were to delete the message that has that stuff in it and they wanted to change their signatures but still keep like one of the guilds signatures then they could find it more easily. For example I'm trying to find where you're signatures are at but I can't find them. The only way I knew how to get there was by the message you sent but I accidentally deleted it and can't find another way to get there.  

Xx_Zack_Aerith_Lover_xX

dark_angel_32189

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:46 pm
The thread the guild banners are in has "banners" in the title.....  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:36 am
I personally believe that it is very easy to find where our signatures are.

They're in the Guild Guidebook, which is marked as an announcement in our main forum (so that they don't fall off the page).

Also, the title also makes it easy: "Guild Guidebook - - [rules, banners, guild map, etc]"

Banners = Signatures.

Here is the direct link to the post to make it even easier: Signature Images  

koudelkaW
Captain

Diverse Hoarder

11,000 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Rexxie Alex

Hilarious Friend

9,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:54 am
My suggestion is there should be a place where we can keep
a journal of things that have happened to us, or things we
have done in the Wiccan path. Like every day we should type
an entry about what we did that day that reflected our spiritual
journey. Also people can post in them giving suggestions and advice
on what you wrote.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:46 am
You could just use Gaia Journals for that though right?  

koudelkaW
Captain

Diverse Hoarder

11,000 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

addicted to sin

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:00 pm
A sticky for Ouija board Q&A's, I'm really tired of seeing the same questions over and over again about the damn things x. freakin parker bothers and their damn mass-productions....  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:28 am
addicted to sin
A sticky for Ouija board Q&A's, I'm really tired of seeing the same questions over and over again about the damn things x. freakin parker bothers and their damn mass-productions....

They could just go in the General Q&A thread. Or in the thread that's already started.  

dark_angel_32189

KatsumiBatei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:04 pm
well I had a though for a thread for folk lore, myths and things of that nature like for example I know a myth for gift giving. If you ever give any kind of knife your supose to give money with it so it dosn't cut your friendship, I hope my idea dosn't sound to stupid  
The Guild's Main Forum - - [religion, spirituality, paranormal, metaphysics, etc]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games