maybe
  poll whore
View Results

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:08 pm
lordstar Wrote:
its only 3 days
just to make sure he's not crazy

72 hour mandatory holds apply only to those who either resist being placed in the institution or those who came in because they did something that was an immediate threat to themselves or others.

smilies/icon_biggrin.gif  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:47 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor Wrote:
lordstar Wrote:
its only 3 days
just to make sure he's not crazy

72 hour mandatory holds apply only to those who either resist being placed in the institution or those who came in because they did something that was an immediate threat to themselves or others.

smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

that’s not all
all one must do is come under reasonable suspicion of being a danger to themselves or others  

lordstar

LadyAlina

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:29 pm
To be honest, I voted maybe, because I have no idea what I would do if I were really in that situation. However, I'm hoping and praying that I would say yes, because I do not want to deny God. God already did so much for me, Christ died on the cross so that we would not have to go through an eternity in hell. It would be poor thanks if we would deny him, after what Christ did for us. I know I won't be able to live with myself if I said no.

Quote:
This world sucks and hte sooner I'm out of it hte better.

Wow, you sound exactly like my brother! Don't forget though, we were put on earth for a reason, and that is to spread the word of God and hopefully make life easier so that it won't suck so much for the people living on earth at the moment. We all have a purpose in life, so we shouldn't go around saying that the sooner we die, the better, because we won't be following our purpose then.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:28 am
I would say yes. Jesus gave His life for me.  

Incarcerated_love

DelightfulCatastrophe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:30 pm
I would say yes (hopefully).
The situation is a bit scary.
But!
Jesus said "If you deny me before man, I'll deny you before my Father."
Sure it would be nice to live longer and do good deeds in His honor, but I'd feel like a hypocrite if I denied Him then said I believe in Him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:11 pm
I've got a wife & kid to live for.
God can handle me saying no.
They can't handle loosing me.  

PGP-Protector

ElenaMason

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:14 am
Seeing how I've been shot in the leg by a revolver before, I really don't know if I could answer yes, despite the strength of my faith because the fear of pain overtakes me quite easily.

If I knew he was going to shoot me in the head, then I'd say yes, because in the head....well one shot your dead, and basically over with. No pain no nothing (im assuming.)

If it was anywhere else, I'd probably say no.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:51 pm
PGP-Protector Wrote:
I've got a wife & kid to live for.
God can handle me saying no.
They can't handle loosing me.

good answer  

lordstar

Sarcastic_Angel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:13 am
I would say yes. I've actually been in a mock situation like that. A few years ago, I was part of this huge program called LTC (Leadership Training for Christ), a state wide thing where I live. they have different things that praise God like drama, choirs, sign language, sermons, and kids 3-12 grade get to do them. at the end of the weekend of the main convention, they do a final talk to everyone, and show some of the best stuff. one of the dramas had a person preaching, then a bunch of guys came through the doors with fake guns, and surrounded everyone. they asked that if anyone believed in God, please stand up. the entire auditorium (it was HUGE) did. It was amazing. so my answer is yes.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:40 am
I would say yes. God made me the way I am and loves me more than anyone. By saying no I'm denying him and his love for me, and life wouldn't means as much to me after that. smilies/icon_heart.gif  

KMW92

Herself Online

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:17 pm
I would for sure tell them the truth! I have nothing to be afraid of and if I could make my death a testimony, I would be honoured.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:30 pm
This is exactly the situation Cassie was in at Columbine in 1999. Flyleaf tells the story in their song "Cassie": "Do you believe in God?"/ Written on a bullet/ Say yes to pull the trigger/ "Do you believe in God?"/ Written on a bullet/ And Cassie pulled the trigger.

I'll wager there are several Christians in this thread who say that God can live with them denying Him. If a man is in a similar situation is asked whether he believes in his family and he says no to save his life, he is too afraid of what could happen to his frail body than the truth. If he denies and lives, the would-be killer goes free; if he tells the truth and dies, the killer would be caught. Which is a more favorable situation?

There is a very significant difference between believing in God and following God. So you believe in God. Good for you; even the demons believe and tremble. If anyone denies God so they can keep living for God, he decieves himself. No one who has denied God has any part with Him.  

rillegas08

rillegas08

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:34 pm
Mjolnir The Hammer Wrote:
thestarthatshines Wrote:
I would love to say I'd say yes, but in all honesty, how can I know unless I'm in the situation? I hope and pray that I would say yes. Because to say no, to deny my faith, what kind of person does that make me? To be so ashamed of God that I'd deny him? I couldn't live with myself if I did that. Jesus could've said "No" when they threatened to crucify him, but he didn't, why should I?
Persecution is one of those touchy subject. You'd like to say yes, but would you really? I literally pray that if I come up against Persecution, I won't turn my back on God. Going on to live another day and serve him, what's wrong with that? right? I just think that to deny God . . .it's not right. After all, Jesus said that we'd be persecuted, and he said that if we were ashamed of him, he would be ashamed of us before his father.

but . . .I can't really say I'd say yes.

and I just spent a lot of time rambling. smilies/icon_xp.gif

You let your thoughts & ideas spill into the keyboard. That's not rambling., silly. smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif
I'd agree with anyone who'd say I'd have to be in the situation. Honestly, what we say now.... Would it apply to then, when the time came? It's kind of like knowing "How many licks would it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop?" Just like they said," The world may never know....."

Actually, my brother did that some time ago. I think the number he got was 356 licks.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:42 am
I think I found the one
New life in my lungs
I'm guessing this is love
Pumping through my veins
Killing all my pain
You're the remedy to my heartbreak
Wouldn't have it any other way
Hope this never dies...

I would say yes. After all, I have Heaven to look forward to. Where's the downside in telling someone the Truth, even if it does result in death? If you're a Christian, you shouldn't be afraid to say yes to that question.

By the way rillegas08, I love Flyleaf =D

I feel a little strange
You go straight to my brain
Drivin' me oh so crazy
Between the sound and lights
You got me hypnotized
And if there never comes a sunrise
Well, that'd be just fine
This will never die...

Mistifear

SloanSage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:02 pm
Dying for Christ...

Well...

Andrew
crucified on a saltire (x-shaped) cross in Greece

Bartholomew
he was beheaded, or, flayed alive and crucified, head downward, by order of Astyages, for having converted his brother, Polymius, King of Armenia

James the Greater
was 44 and killed at Jerusalem; he was stabbed with a sword by King Herod Agrippa

James the Lesser
martyred c.62 at Jerusalem by being thrown from a pinnacle of the Temple, then stoned and beaten with clubs, including fuller's mallets, while praying for his attackers

John
When John denounced idol worship as demonic, followers of Artemis stoned him; the rocks turned and hit the throwers. Emperor Dometian had him brought to Rome, beaten, poisoned, and thrown into a cauldron of boiling oil, but he stepped out unharmed and was banished to Patmos instead. Dies of old age c.101 at Ephesus (modern Turkey). (not a martyr, but lived and almost died many times, for Christ)

Jude
beaten to death with a club, then beheaded post-mortem in 1st century Persia

Matthias
stoned to death at Colchis in 80

Matthew
it is not known whether he was burned, stoned, or beheaded (his martyrdom was never recorded like the others.)

Peter
martyred c.64. crucified head downward because he claimed he was not worthy to die in the same manner as Christ

Paul
Beheaded in Rome. He was given an more honorable death because of his Roman citizenship.

Philip
martyred c.80 at Hierapolis, Phrygia

Simon
martyred; Abyssinians claim he was crucified in Samaria; Lipsius says he was sawn in half at Suanir, Persia; Moses of Chorene writes that he was martyred at Weriosphora in Iberia (we know he was killed for his beliefs, but not how or where)

Thomas
stabbed with a spear c.72 in India

They did, and they saw Jesus with their own eyes! Many more died too and many continue to die! Why not I, who have not felt the sting of stones. I who live in a society that readily accepts my faith as being mine. Who am I to continue living when the Holy One, the Most Perfect, died.

For me He died, so for Him I shall lay down my life.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games