View Results

Karo Kiba

Conservative Prophet

9,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:24 pm
If someone was holding a gun to your face, and they asked you if you believed in God, and they told you they would spare your life if you answered no, would you still say yes? I would.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:35 pm
I'd say no. ^-^ After all, by remaining alive, I can do more good in the world than I can do by dying. Zeal without pragmatism is meaningless.  

Shiroi Kokoro no Mendori

ryokomayuka

Familiar Member

7,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:09 pm
well it's hard to say since I'm not in that sitation but I would hope that I would says yes.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:21 pm
This is one of those questions you actually have to be in the situation to answer. I don't know what I would say, to be honest. In the peril of the moment, my conscience would be screaming "Yes, don't hide it", but my instinct would be saying 'Just say no so you can go on living for God. Just because you say it to live doesn't mean it's true.' I think I'd wanna be remembered as someone who was willing to die for Gods' sake. I mean, c'mon, wouldn't you? smilies/icon_neutral.gif

Mjolnir The Hammer

lordstar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:00 pm
gun or no gun the answer is still no  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:55 pm
yeah, i'd have to be in the situation.
but i'd say yes. why hide you're faith and love for God?  

Halentyne

Brainy Lunatic

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:12 pm
BlAck_R0ses Wrote:
yeah, i'd have to be in the situation.
but i'd say yes. why hide you're faith and love for God?

Yeah, seriously. In a situation like that, either way, it wouldn't be worth denying your devotion to God. You're going to die sometime in your life. Why would shortening it convince you to say so when you know you're going to be with God anyways? I think the way we would profess our devotion would have to be like Christ dying on the cross. Raw, unashamed faith and vigilance for God. smilies/icon_3nodding.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:03 pm
i probably wouldnt. ive denied GOD on two different occasions on something much less dangerous and life-threatening than this. and i felt so dirty after that. like HOW COULD I DO THAT ?? i eventually ask for forgiveness. but from now on, i vow to live for the Lord, through his rules and all. To live his example out on earth again. and i totally believe that.

if i have to die for my religion, i would. i would rather die than have to live the rest of my life denying God. it would just be too hard. and life would mean nothing to me without God in it.  

sunshinehearttrob

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:47 pm
The answer would be yes. I wouldn't even have to think about it, I'm not to keen on living anyways.

This world sucks and hte sooner I'm out of it hte better.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:45 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor Wrote:
The answer would be yes. I wouldn't even have to think about it, I'm not to keen on living anyways.

most depressing post of the day  

lordstar

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:29 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor Wrote:

Dude you seem like such a cool guy though. Why? Are you just keen on dying to be with God sooner? LoL Go on living and get the most out of it. Don't have the ambition to die. smilies/icon_cry.gif  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:14 pm
i personally would say yes. so much good can come out of a martyr's death stories in the books 'Jesus Freaks' show's proofs of this. besides i would much prefer dying for my faith then just a natural death anyway...i personally would find it an honor to be able to be counted among those who died for Christ's sake  

trinity343

Mjolnir The Hammer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:09 pm
trinity343 Wrote:
i personally would say yes. so much good can come out of a martyr's death stories in the books 'Jesus Freaks' show's proofs of this. besides i would much prefer dying for my faith then just a natural death anyway...i personally would find it an honor to be able to be counted among those who died for Christ's sake

Indeed, I definitely agree. I think dying for an ideal like Christ would be ultimate remembrance. I think God would expect this of anyone of us. He wouldn't be disappointed if we said no, that shows you value your life and believe you could do more good with your life for Him, but I'm positive He'd be proud of whoever died for him. Besides, I think doing this is kind of like the ultimate thanks given to Christ for HIS sacrifice. You'd be returning the favor, in essence. smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:32 pm
I'd say yes because that shows people to not be afraid and it let's people know that you r a Christian. and that shows more faith than if i'm alive and well  

LovergirlKO121692

lordstar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:22 pm
trinity343 Wrote:

it's ok
the men in white are just trying to help you  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas