Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Why trust science when it doesn't even know AP is real?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

48rr484y8448

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:28 am
I'm sure you've at least heard of astral projection. It's an out of body experience. I own a book on the subject describing my same experiences I had in detail. It includes talking about etheric matter, the astral body, etc.

Now, here's the thing: why believe in science when it doesn't even know astral projection exists? You have these rebel atheist teenagers on Gaia who think it's cool to follow along with their stupid friends and bash the Bible when they've never read the Bible in the first place.

This is a big turn off for me. It's a turn off knowing at least one spiritual thing is real, whereas every other kid on the earth is ignorant of the fact. And they actually call psychics the deluded ones.

Why trust science when it clearly doesn't know everything? It's experiences like the above that confuses me.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:54 am
Science is knowledge of the physical world gained through observation and experimentation.  

Burben Owl

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:17 am
Science does know about out-of-body experiences. They are well documented and widely accepted phenomena within the scientific community.

Oh, did I mention that they are caused by either delusions, dreaming, or oxygen/blood deprivation in your brain?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:45 am
Cometh The Inquisitor
they are caused by either delusions or oxygen/blood deprivation in your brain

Again, I own a book which talks about my exact same experiences in detail.

You can read part of it here if you want:
http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=65&BulletinID=267

Hallucinations vary from person to person. Astral projection is real because it's the same thing happening to people.

Oh, and people have out of body experiences while brain dead:
http://www.near-death.com/evidence.html

Plenty of people during out of body experiences have looked in hallways, doorways, etc, during the experience only later confirming that things they saw at the time actually happened.  

48rr484y8448

Shiroi Kokoro no Mendori

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:49 pm
Burben Owl
Science is knowledge of the physical world gained through observation and experimentation.

End topic.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:24 pm
Burben Owl

and the more we understand the more we find we do not understand  

lordstar

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:58 am
Burben Owl
Pretty much.

Science explains a lot. It doesn't explain everything (which any good scientist will openly admit), but it explains a lot of things about the physical world around us.

I'm always annoyed when people put religion and science at opposite ends of the sprectrum. I do believe that there are some things that science can't answer, and the things that science can answer are all part of God's creation...but that doesn't mean I reject science. I'd be an idiot to reject science as a whole. I was planning to become a doctor for a long time. Is medicine not a science? Now I'm a musician. Is there not science in sound?

Not to mention, many scientists do recognise AP as an observed and valid experience. I don't honestly know too much about it myself, but I do know that the scientific community generally recognises it. So the logic of this topic kind of fails.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:01 pm
Science cannot use God or test God because He cannot be tested. Science must be agnostic, therefore, if not the scientist.  

divineseraph

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:21 pm
48rr484y8448
Again, I own a book which talks about my exact same experiences in detail.

You can read part of it here if you want:
http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=65&BulletinID=267

Hallucinations vary from person to person. Astral projection is real because it's the same thing happening to people.

Oh, and people have out of body experiences while brain dead:
http://www.near-death.com/evidence.html

Plenty of people during out of body experiences have looked in hallways, doorways, etc, during the experience only later confirming that things they saw at the time actually happened.

Ever read any Jung? He wasn't that far off in his theory of the collective subconsciousness of humanity. You see, man's subconscious is remarkably similar to that of just about every other person. This is because, at least I believe, our subconscious is the collective remnant of humanities genetically ingrained instincts, created through thousands of years of evolution. This is why people who suffer from OBE's have similiar experiences.

As to the actual OBE's themselves, new scientific studies suggest that they are caused by 'disconnect between the brain circuits that process... sensory information may thus be responsible for some out-of-body experiences'. Meaning that OBE's are caused by a mix-up in the way that your brain receives and processes information. This, of course, is usually caused by various states of unconsciousness (such as sleep), hallucinations (drug-induced or otherwise), or even traumatic experiences (the cause of 'near-death experiences').  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:02 pm
48rr484y8448
I'm sure you've at least heard of astral projection. It's an out of body experience. I own a book on the subject describing my same experiences I had in detail. It includes talking about etheric matter, the astral body, etc.

Now, here's the thing: why believe in science when it doesn't even know astral projection exists? You have these rebel atheist teenagers on Gaia who think it's cool to follow along with their stupid friends and bash the Bible when they've never read the Bible in the first place.

This is a big turn off for me. It's a turn off knowing at least one spiritual thing is real, whereas every other kid on the earth is ignorant of the fact. And they actually call psychics the deluded ones.

Why trust science when it clearly doesn't know everything? It's experiences like the above that confuses me.

Not that who I am or what I say means necissarily anything to you but, just in case: DO NOT MESS WITH AP. If you're open to AP, you're probably ok with the notions that demonic activity is in fact real. That being said, you play with AP and you will open yourself up to being affected by demonic things. I have seen the effects of this first hand and it is not something to mess with. This type of thing is one of the ways people end up becoming demon posessed.

There is absolutely phenomenon in this world which science just cannot test or explain. That being said, it doesn't mean science is useless. Obviously, gravity seems to work, that science can test that theory to be a law is completely valid. (Although I know with AP, a sense of weightlessness and actually even hovering above the ground can be part of it if I'm not mistaken.) With the things that cannot be tested, sometimes that's where you need to leave it. Again, don't toy with AP, I ask you as a person who's seen the results of not leaving well enough alone. If you haven't already experienced some terrifying and unexplainable things because of this, GREAT. Just be done with it.

If you have, please P.M. me and we can talk. You have a fascination with something that has great potential to hurt you!  

Dcaff

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:37 am
Science has a lot of evidence and makes a lot of sense. Science can explain many thigns that may contradict religion. It's up to what you believe and where you draw the line though.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:41 am
Science is always Changing it is Quick answers to deny the fact there is A GOD Who is higher and out of our time that we cannot comprehend!

and Those Rebelious teens.
dont judge them. help them out Because w e all our lost all our blind spirtually when we did not know who God is or what he has Done. .
As the Bible says

Jesus said they perscuted me They will do the same to you.

That because we are Marked by the Blood of Jesus. (spirtually not physically)

the Enemy wants us to fail he DOES NOT WANT us to know about that Free Gift.

that is why there are rebelious Teens you need to reach out to them.  

White Dog Poo

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff