Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Demons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dcaff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:49 pm
So I've read over all your posts and I am wondering...I honestly don't know. Is there any mention in Scripture of Demons physically manifesting themselves? I know that scripture teaches they manifest themselves in a spiritual dimension...one not seen necissarily but felt and still connected to our world. And then the other instances I can recall is only when people themselves are posessed.

The other thing I'm wondering is whether or not a believer can really be possessed or not. It seems to me that if one had the Holy Spirit within, and beings as darkness and light do not mix, that this wouldn't be possible. Again, if there's scriptural backing I'd love for somebody to point it out to me.

As for personal experiences with Demonic activity...none that I can recall, BUT I can share with you something which happened to one of my good friends and teachers about a year ago. My friend is a youth pastor here at my church and deals with lots of kids on a daily basis.

One kid he'd had in his youth group for a while was out hanging with another friend and they were walking our downtown area. There is a big old hotel on the corner which is said to be haunted. They were standing at the corner talking about it when a woman came out of the building and overheard their conversation. As it turned out, this woman confessed herself to be a witch and she was living on one of the top floors of the hotel which had been converted to apartments.

She told them there were ghosts standing all over the sidewalk as they were talking and the boys were fascinated. She told them she could help them see the ghosts and they went with this lady back upstairs and I'm not sure what all happened at this point, nor is my friend. BUT, somehow these two boys opened themselves up to whatever was going on and as they were leaving, one of the boys was amazed to actually see ghosts along the sidewalk just as the witch had said. The other couldn't see a thing.

As they were driving home, the boy who had seen the ghosts became extremely agitated and paranoid and kept swearing to the other boy that there was a ghost in the car. By that evening my friend recieved a call from the one boy who had seen nothing, pleading with him to come over and help. My friend and another pastor of the church headed to the boys house to find him holed up in his room screaming, rocking back and forth on his bed and he kept saying "Its under my bed! He won't leave!". He was terrified, his mother didn't know what to do and so my friend and the other pastor just sat with the boy and prayed over him, calling out to God and like other people are telling you, it took a good few hours of just praying and refuting the words coming out of the boys mouth.

At some point, his voice and his disposition changed and he was clearly being spoken through. My pastors kept telling the boy how much Jesus loved him and the Demon kept refuting them. There was a long tense period of time in which my friend and the other pastor were trying to get the boy to claim Jesus as Lord and the Demon fought violently back. Every time my friend or the other pastor would touch him he'd scream, "Don't touch me, it burns!". Eventually the demon gave up and left the boy but said he would come back. Very sad. I am not sure what happened to him after that but the saddest thing is it didn't convince his mother or him of the saving power of Jesus! Isn't that awful?

And yes, I agree that you ought not fascinate yourself too much with the dealings of demons. As a young Christian it is common to get wrapped up in the more fantastic side of your new life, focusing heavily on the spiritual dimension and extreme uses of the gifts of the Spirit almost as if they were super powers for your own amusement...this is not so. I too found myself very focused on these things when I became a Christian and just know there's so much more! P.M. Me if you ever wanna talk more ok?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:29 pm
dirtdevilgrunt13
divineseraph
Scars on your stomach? For some reason I find this hard to believe. First you claim that they are intangible, then they left marks on you?

I'm sorry, but this just sounds like it fits in "National Enquirer"

Read my post over again... I stated they could become into pysical form, but it's better if you left them spiritual form...
I study those things for years, and have seen more demonic and spiritual things than a seasoned priest my friend.

Mmmhm... And i'm sure you've been abducted by aliens as well.

What was the demon's name? Where did you get it? How do they function? What is their purpose, how are they made, what do they eat and excrete, how do their eyes function, how do they mate? What is their life span and cycle?

Honestly, I think you're spewing bullshit. That or you've read a few too many adventure stories. It's not that I don't believe that demons exist, it's that I don't believe you've seen them.  

divineseraph

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:50 pm
divineseraph
dirtdevilgrunt13
divineseraph
Scars on your stomach? For some reason I find this hard to believe. First you claim that they are intangible, then they left marks on you?

Read my post over again... I stated they could become into pysical form, but it's better if you left them spiritual form...
I study those things for years, and have seen more demonic and spiritual things than a seasoned priest my friend.

What was the demon's name? Where did you get it? How do they function? What is their purpose, how are they made, what do they eat and excrete, how do their eyes function, how do they mate? What is their life span and cycle?

Honestly, I think you're spewing bullshit. That or you've read a few too many adventure stories. It's not that I don't believe that demons exist, it's that I don't believe you've seen them.

Name? Didn't bother to ask!
Where I get it? At the mall? I was praticing Witch Craft! I was using a Weji Board, and I was stupid and it was released.
There purpose is to do the dirty work of Satn
Eat, your suffering, your love. That's why people get so down when they are weak with God my brother.
They don't made, they are damned souls and since people die every 0.3 seconds of time, Satan has more than enough.

Now, anyone who has seen and been through what I have knows what I mean. Wether you do or don't I really don't care.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:35 pm
divineseraph
dirtdevilgrunt13
divineseraph

There are things known as gifts of the holy spirit. Some people speak in tongues, some can interpret it. Some can sense supernatural beings, others... the unfourtanate ones can see them. I know 3 people that see them. And I, myself, when i used to go about trying to fight them like a retard... sensed them. I gave up on it, and lost the gift. Though it comes back from time to time, and when it does, it's very strong, and it's an overpowering feeling. Like something is crushing me. When my friends saw the demons, i could sense them. He's not reading too many adventure stories, that kid doesn't even have the time between school, martial arts, and bible study. I know nick, and I know him well enough to assure you that he's not "BS"ing you. so chill, and watch your mouth too. Nick and I both tried to help this girl who was wiccan... we got too confident, and she randomly gave up on us, we got hurt. That's why i said screw it. This girl had demons all about in her house, in her life, all over.... and I, like a freaking moron, fell in love with her after she accepted Jesus. What i didn't know, is that she gave up on christianity 3 months later, and led me on for 6 months. anyways. It doesn't matter what anyone says. You're a human, thus you have free will. Because of that, you believe what you choose to believe. You choose to believe that he doesn't see them... good for you, i'm glad you made a stand. But what you also need to realize, is that all humans have dignity that cannot be taken away from them, and by bashing nick, for responding to someones question honestly, you're trying to take away his dignity. keep that in mind. We never said you have to agree, but you damn well better respect the people in this guild.  

thrashmetaljunkie

aTerraxia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:51 pm
dirtdevilgrunt13
divineseraph
dirtdevilgrunt13
divineseraph

Where I get it? At the mall? I was praticing Witch Craft! I was using a Weji Board, and I was stupid and it was released.
And so the truth comes out. Our man here was using an Ouija board, a kid's game made for slumber party's, and demons jumped straight out of the cardboards and into his body. Makes perfect sense. . . NOT!!!

Youy want to know ow ouija board's work right? It's called an ideomotor function. The brain sublimanally sends messages to the muscles of where it wants it to go. If you want the answer to be yes, the brain will tell your arms to move their without telling you. And when you have multiple people doing it, they all want it to be one answer and so you've got multiple ideomototr going on and what would be minor movement is propelled by more effect.

We now for a fact that demons aren't to blame. Many times people have run tests, where all the party members, experienced users of the Ouija board, are blindfolded and told to use is as normal. But what they don't know is that the board has been flipped arond. Yes and no are now on the bottom and all of that good stuff. they ask the "spirit" yes or no questions and they want the answer to be yes. so the brain tells it to slide it on up to the top left. But yes is in bottom right. If a spirit was guiding the whole thing his spiritual senses wouldn't be so easily befuddled by physical blindness.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:26 am
Sieg Reyu.2
dirtdevilgrunt13
divineseraph
dirtdevilgrunt13
divineseraph

And so the truth comes out. Our man here was using an Ouija board, a kid's game made for slumber party's, and demons jumped straight out of the cardboards and into his body. Makes perfect sense. . . NOT!!!

Youy want to know ow ouija board's work right? It's called an ideomotor function. The brain sublimanally sends messages to the muscles of where it wants it to go. If you want the answer to be yes, the brain will tell your arms to move their without telling you. And when you have multiple people doing it, they all want it to be one answer and so you've got multiple ideomototr going on and what would be minor movement is propelled by more effect.

We now for a fact that demons aren't to blame. Many times people have run tests, where all the party members, experienced users of the Ouija board, are blindfolded and told to use is as normal. But what they don't know is that the board has been flipped arond. Yes and no are now on the bottom and all of that good stuff. they ask the "spirit" yes or no questions and they want the answer to be yes. so the brain tells it to slide it on up to the top left. But yes is in bottom right. If a spirit was guiding the whole thing his spiritual senses wouldn't be so easily befuddled by physical blindness.

Looks like we have a debate here! I like this... Ok..

There are things science CAN prove among these are, Rocks, Earth, some of Space, the human body.

But there are things science CAN NOT prove among these are how the human mind works my friend.

Now, the core of Religion is not wether of not it's true, but it's how they believe. I don't know if my God's real or fake, I don't know how heaven looks, I have seen visions, but other than that I am clueless. I am not going sit here and say "Believe in my God!" I am not like that, never had and never will be.

But religion holds stories of demons, a devine one who's the high and a brother or opposite, thats Satan here. I don't have an explaination for you of why theres Demons, or I believe in them, I just know there real.

My people do NOT mind debating but don't come in here bashing my people.  

dirtdevilgrunt13

aTerraxia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:17 pm
dirtdevilgrunt13
Sieg Reyu.2

Looks like we have a debate here! I like this... Ok..

There are things science CAN prove among these are, Rocks, Earth, some of Space, the human body.

But there are things science CAN NOT prove among these are how the human mind works my friend.

Now, the core of Religion is not wether of not it's true, but it's how they believe. I don't know if my God's real or fake, I don't know how heaven looks, I have seen visions, but other than that I am clueless. I am not going sit here and say "Believe in my God!" I am not like that, never had and never will be.

But religion holds stories of demons, a devine one who's the high and a brother or opposite, thats Satan here. I don't have an explaination for you of why theres Demons, or I believe in them, I just know there real.

My people do NOT mind debating but don't come in here bashing my people.
Science has long ago came to understand plenty about the human brain. Among them are mental disorders and nerve impulses. An ideomotr effect is one of the nerve things. This phenomenon can be traced to as many things as pain reflexes and tears.

And you may have been possessed, but I'm going to straight up tell you is wasn't because of an Ouija board.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:52 pm

Chipi427

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:23 pm
Chipi427
I take it the argument has kinda gone against the "nicely" part of your question, huh?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:26 pm
Sorry, I have to call you on bullcrap. Still. "Only certain people can see them!" Yeah, sure. And I hold the key to imortality. I can also make things levitate, but only when there are no cameras on nor any human being in the room.

Bah, stories.  

divineseraph

Bane Ad Vitam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:03 pm
The only thing that I've ever experienced that could have any correlation with demons is the time I once felt a malicious "presence" in my bed room as I was trying to sleep. Then two figures seemed to appear outside my room, walk through my bed room door, which was open, and come in and lean over me.

To me this is just a trick of my mind and eyes, I mean it was dark, and I was tired, but I could be wrong I suppose.
rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:05 pm
divineseraph
Sorry, I have to call you on bullcrap. Still. "Only certain people can see them!" Yeah, sure. And I hold the key to imortality. I can also make things levitate, but only when there are no cameras on nor any human being in the room.

Bah, stories.
you my friend, are once again disrespecting the people in this guild. watch your mouth, and how you speak to people. Did i tell you you were full of "crap" no. I told you that you had a choice to believe what you will, and if you believe to deny that some people may be able to see demons, then that is your choice. I respect you for that, but keep it to yourself. No one here cares for your needless remarks intended to needlessly discredit people. Which, infact, make you look like a freaking moron. So please, keep you immature thoughts to yourself.  

thrashmetaljunkie

The Fatal Pastry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:09 am
Sieg Reyu.2
I have never had or heard of any demon experiences. My guess is they are afraid. We got this guy who hangs out with us. He's 6'6" at least. He's a MMA fighter and could kill someone with a roundhouse kick. He did a demonstration on another guy. A strong guy wearing padding. The guy even held back and the kcickee thought he was gonna die. Couldn't breathe for like a minute. Imagine that in your head. If I were a demon, I'd be scared.

Yeah but seriously, I have had absolutely no supernatural experience of the sort, and as such, I'm kind of skeptical at the moment as to whether a lot of this stuff you hear about today as to thwther or not it really happened. I know it happened back in the day in Jesus's time, but I feel demons aren't as active as they were back then. I think they just leave everything up to the media and society.

Trust me, they are still as active as they always were. And you think demons would be scared of your friend? They only freak out when you speak the name of Jesus and pray. The fact that your friend is 6'6 wouldn't matter at all. You can't physically attack demons. You spiritually attack.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:16 am
Personally, I would rather keep my demon activity to myself. However, I will tell you that I have experienced one peculiar incident before, that changed my life forever. eek  

Asai Elwood

Duroonsia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:07 pm
I don't know whether or not this counts, but I think I have seen some demons . I havn't don it for a long time, but I used to see a black dog.It wasn't really much of a dog shape, but it look kinda like a dog and fox and wolf put together. And I don't remember much of it, but I know that one time I was at my uncles and I was at the top of the stairs following him for some reason. So I look down the stairs, and see the dog/fox/wolf. And the other day, I was climbing my apple tree and saw were thunder had burnt the tree. I like things with magic, but I don't practice it. So I place my hand on the burnt spot and think I can heal the tree. When I do, I am about to when I suddenly stop. I felt scared and weird all of a sudden. As soon as I did, I got down from the tree and ran. I know I wasn't just pretending, because I felt weird. Horrible, scared, confused... I just felt bad. I got in the house and didn't know what to do. So I didn't go to the tree that day. I don't know if this si demon experience, but I thought I would say it.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff