Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Wow, it sure has been a long time since anyone has posted here.

Meatball, I think I'm definitely going to check out those books eventually when I get time to actually read something. I love Doctor Who and right now I'm trying to get caught up on the NuWho. I've seen every episode with nine and eleven (1, 5, and 6) and I've also seen the last season that David Tennant is in (4) and I've seen episodes here and there from seasons 2 and 3. And that button you got at Fanime con sounds awesome and I totally want one.

Anyway, my summer has been pretty boring. I mean, it's been the usual. I had marching band for a week in June, and then I started tennis camp last Monday and it ends tomorrow. And while I was at tennis, it hit me that this was my last tennis camp I'd ever actually be in because I'm going to be a senior, and it was the last time I would see these two guys I've become pretty good friends with for the past four years. Their nicknames are North and Hat and they live in a different school district, so they obviously don't go to school with me, so the only time I get to see them is over the summer, but they've been in class with me for so many years that we've become pretty good friends, and after tomorrow I'll probably never see them again. So that was one of those really depressing moments about being a senior in high school, one of those moments that just make me wish I wasn't going to be a senior because of all the people I won't see anymore. But I'm really excited to start the school year minus all the applying to colleges and such.

And we got a new computer over the weekend. My mom, brother and I went out of town for the weekend, and while we were gone our computer died so my dad had to go out and get a new one. It's a good computer overall, and I'm starting to like it now that I'm using it more. The first time I used it, I absolutely hated it and really wanted the old computer back, but now that I've started using it more, I really like it.

I don't know if anyone has read it, but over the weekend, I started and finished I Am Number Four, and it was awesome. I would recommend it to anyone who likes the whole sci-fi and aliens thing. It was so good, I finished it in about two days. Other than that, I haven't read much else. I have a few books checked out from the library, but I haven't started those yet.

So is anyone going to see Harry Potter at midnight? I'm going with a group of friends for one of my friends' birthday and her mom reserved the party room for us at the theatre we're going to, which also means we get reserved seats in the theatre for it smile And for her birthday (since it is her 17th) I went Harry Potter style and got her a new watch.

Anyways, how has everyone's summer been?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:57 am
I've finally caught up on all the "NuWho" (Seasons/Serieses 1-the first half of six).

I've also caught up on Torchwood, and am really excited for Torchwood: Miracle Day. Yes, it's not the same old "team", but the way I see it the 'new order' of Torchwood Cardiff was established in Captain Jack's heart in honour of the doctor and in order to use his knowledge and anyone crazy enough to help him to defend earth. It looks really well done and I'm on the edge of my seat.

I've still yet to see HP and the Deathly Hallows Pt II. I'm waiting until I don't have to worry about a crammed theatre.  

meatballhead15

Lonely Genius

18,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:53 pm
I have been unable to watch any of the new Torchwood: Miracle Day because I don't get the channel that it's on (Starz), and to watch Starz OnDemand costs money, and at this point, BBC America isn't reairing it. So I suppose I'll have to wait until they come out on DVD and get them from the library. I haven't watched much Torchwood yet, but from what I have seen, I really like it. You'll have to tell me if Miracle Day is any good.

Well, hopefully you'll get to see Deathly Hallows II soon. On the topic of Harry Potter, today, I went to a movie theatre close to where I live along with a couple friends and their family to meet Tom Felton, and it was awesome!!!!! We got to the theatre around 10 in the morning and he didn't come until 2, so we were waiting in line for about 4 hours, but we spent most of that time reading. But anyway, waiting in line for 4 hours was totally worth it to meet him, even if we only got to talk to him for just a few minutes. It will definitely be the highlight of my summer. And now I just realised that if waiting in a line for 4 hours to meet is the highlight of my summer, then I have a really boring life. Oh well, it was fun nonetheless.

And, lately I've been reading a lot of books, so that's been really nice because during the school year, unless it was a book for english class, I pretty much never read any books. So the fact that I've been reading tons of books so far this summer has made me really happy.

Don't know if you guys have heard, but all the Border's are going out of business, and so since everything will be on sale now, I can go splurge and buy a bunch of books that I want (ones that I've read, but they complete most of the series I own).

Summer has just flown by. I can't believe it was only a month ago that I was at marching band camp, it seems like it was ages ago. And things that I did even last week seem like it was at least a month ago. I don't really want school to start, I'm going to be a senior, and it's going to be my last year for everything, and that kind of really depresses me.

So how has everyone been lately?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:21 pm
Hello everyone!

It's been a while. Been quite occupied lately. :3

I was on this Sci-fi/fantasy/anime convention this summer. Didn't cosplay or dress up anything, but next time, I'm gonna go dressed as a Hogwarts student. xD If I can afford the robes by then that is.

Afterwards, I spent ten days with my friends in Denmark. I had a lot of fun, and got myself a boyfriend! He's visitng me at the moment, though he's leaving tomorrow D:

On a sadder note, I'm sure everyone here has heard about the bombing and the massacre in Norway...

Thankfully, no one I knew was at the island, and no one from my city who attented was killed.

It's been quite a shock for everyone though, and I have to say, the way Norway as a whole is handling this makes me really proud to call myself Norwegian.

I've heard some pretty heart-wrecking stories and witness reports, and my heart goes out to everyone who was at the island, and everyone who lost loved ones there.

Anyways, I just wanted to give some sign of life so that you all knew that I was alive and well after all this.  

Dragon In A Tree

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:59 pm
I heard what happened in Norway, and it was sad to hear about it. I haven't read much about it, though. But I am glad that you and your friends are alright.

On a happier note, Denmark sounds like a lot of fun. One of my friends lives in Denmark, though I haven't talked to him in awhile.

The weather here has been horrible. It is way super hot and humid so I can't go outside and do anything, or it'll be pouring rain and our basement/downstairs will flood, like it did on Sunday. I hope it cools off a bit for tennis and marching band. I'm not looking forward to being outside for almost 10 hours everyday in 90+ degree heat.

I bought a pair of Hogwarts robes from a costume store, and they were only $20. I don't know if they have stores like that over there, but the robes I have, though they are cheap, do look like Hogwarts robes (though they are Gryffindor).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:58 am
Talk about a delayed reaction, I just noticed that I had a participation prize from AccioFunds for the limerick contest X_x.

I've also been on a MAJOR Doctor Who and Torchwood kick. Going back and watching some of my favourites over again. I've basically 'snorted' the serieses and am currently watching Torchwood: Miracle Day and waiting for the second half of Series/Season 6 of Doctor Who.  

meatballhead15

Lonely Genius

18,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Conventioneer 300

vballlvr5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:54 pm
Hey guys! I havent posted a decent reply here in ages so sorry about that. I saw the hp part2 the sasturday after it came out. I was super sad that I wasn't allowed to go. Ah well. Anyway I really did love it. Only thing with it as with the others I wish there could have been more details but it was kind of late for that anyway. If they had started disussing the mirror earlier for instance it may have made more sense. I also which more of the underlying plots had been incorporated, but as before they probably would have had to been started in earlier movies.

I was so sad when Fred died but I wish there had been more detailing on it, I love Fred. What's really sad though is that I only had tears gather in my eyes, no real tears for me which is strange because I cried when Fred died in the book. Oh well. I thought it was adorable how (this may be a bit morbid but) Tonk's and Lupin's corpes were almost holding hands, strange but cute. I wa sad that they didn't mention Teddy though. It still cracks me up that they switched the original Crabbe out for a skinny black kid. Not going to notice that are we? Completely inconspicuous that change was. They could be twins! (sorry sarcasm).

I've already signed up for pottermore! Go early entry!!! Wooty woot! Have any of you guys signed up yet?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:38 pm
Yeah, Vball, I agree with you. There was definitely stuff that I wish they had included, but they didn't, but I was still pleased overall with the movie and I also loved the part where Tonks and Lupin were almost but not quite holding hands.

The reason Blaise (skinny black kid) was in the Room of Requirement scene instead of Crabbe was because the actor who played Crabbe was arrested for growing marijuana, and a few weeks later, the guy who plays Goyle announced that whoever plays Crabbe wouldn't be returning in DH part 2.

I got early entry into Pottermore too! What's your username?

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200

vballlvr5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:30 pm
Ya I read that in a magazine, but I still found it hilarious xD

In pottermore my user is CentaurMoon66 whats yours? Oh and what day did you get in? (Curious what question you got) I got in on day five I believe where it asked the address of the order of the phoenix (12 Grimmauld Place).

Blah, sorry for short post that's really I have to say though. Any good books I should read?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:08 am
Wow, I haven't posted here in a while. I suppose my Muggle life has gotten busy lately.

Trine! I'm happy to know that you're okay and that nothing happened to any of your friends or family or anything. I was gonna message you on FB, but you haven't been on anyway, and I could've sworn you said you were in Denmark, so I thought you were okay. But I'm glad to know everything's alright. =)

I find it hilarious as well that Crabbe (I think the actor's name is Jamie something) was arrested for growing marijuana. I could totally see it happening too. But when I was watching the movie, I was so confused as to why Goyle died...then I went back and watched the first movie, the part where Draco introduced them, to make sure I had the right person, and I did. I was so mad at the producers. That was a major part in the book that they can't just go and change...but now I'm not so mad. razz But I put my whole opinion that I don't really feel like retyping in the "Deathly Hallows Part 2" thread.

Ahhh I wish I could've gotten early entry into Pottermore. But I can't stay up that late waiting for it or whatever I would've had to do. But it seems way too easy. I thought the early entry would just be a "select few" *cue Snape voice*, but a lot of people I know have gotten early entry. It sounds to me like, if you were there at the allotted time, you got in. I figured they would cut it off after like, the first 50 or something.

And Jedi, I totally agree about the crazy weather. If I remember correctly, you live in Illinois. Wisconsin isn't much better...it's basically the same as the weather you've been having. But thankfully the storms you've been sending our way have broken up when they got closer to Lake Michigan. razz So we haven't gotten much rain. But the sky was like a sepia tone picture a few days ago. Then the sun set and it was pink. It was really pretty. But that was after the storms that I didn't even notice were above my house...but yes, it's been hot and humid here too. Above 90 pretty much every day. We were SUPPOSED to have a 70 degree week this coming week, which is when my boyfriend and I were planning on going to the zoo, but now they're saying it's gonna be in the 80s, close to 90s. Yet again. Ugh...I hate Wisconsin summers.

Anyway, how have I been? Pretty good. School's starting sooner than I think *blech*, but my summer has been pretty good so far. Making up for lost time with my boyfriend, mostly. I went to Ren Faire for the first time last month! It was so fun =). We also went to the art museum (it's free every Thursday) and we're planning on going to the public museum in a few weeks (since you always get free entry on Mondays), the zoo sometime this next week I think (his parents have a zoo pass that we can use), the Wisconsin State Fair (his mom's company has a tent and gives her a bunch of tickets and I got one biggrin ), and I still have registration for next school year in a few weeks, and he's hopefully coming with me to help me carry my books to my locker (which I'm sure is on the third floor again). Whew! We're busy Augusters blaugh . But yeah, that's how my summer has been lately.

Just thought I'd post so you know I'm not dead blaugh . Now it's getting way too hot in my room, so I'm moving to cooler pastures. Peace out, friends.

Flarityxx18

meatballhead15

Lonely Genius

18,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:01 am
Hello, everyone ^_^

I updated my avatar for the first time in bloody ages. I think I look like a librarian at some sort of archaic magickal library...

I'm sorry my post isn't longer but it's 3 AM and I'm merely killing time to try to tire myself out so I can sleep again.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:25 am
I've gotten early access to Pottermore as well! BatErised54 is my username. I quite like it biggrin

I'm now waiting in great anticipation for the Welcome e-mail. I need something to occupy myself with til the 28th, when I'll be back in Denmark with my boyfriend! I can hardly wait.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one immersed in the Doctor Who and Torchwood series~~ Can hardly wait to see the next episode of either show.

Hehe, I was with my boyfriend and best friend and saw Deathly Hallows part 2 on the midnight premier. 'twas awesome. Was a bit sad though, now, both the movies and the books are over and done with. Feels like a bit of my childhood has ended, if you guys know what I mean?

On a sadder note, my godfather's been diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor. Due to the location, and the fact that there are several smaller tumors surrounding the big one, there's nothing they can do, besides extending his life through chemo therapy....

My heart goes out to him, his wife and their two little girls. D:

Edit: I have now move out from home, out of Norway, to Denmark and in with my boyfriend. :3 I've been living here since the 28th, and so far, everything is amazing and fun and exciting! ^^ It's going really really well!  

Dragon In A Tree

Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 237 238 239 240

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces