Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ THE DARK COVE } UPDATED SEE PAGE 1 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:15 am
He felt absolutely horrified.

Luckily, he was still human, with no weapon, no shield, no extra strength. Hitting her on the face was like hitting a brick wall, and he gasped in pain, one hand catching the side of the pod so that he did not go stumbling out while he shook the other out, and hissed again. Had he just...broken his hand on her face??

"Scusami tanto!" He still managed to say between clenched teeth. He let go of the front of the pod and let himself fall back, free hand going to the one that felt broken, cradling it to his chest. "Scusami tanto." He said again, though this time it was quieter and came out more like a whimper.

Everything she was saying to him at that moment was pretty much in one ear and out the other. He was in pain.

Lucyal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:35 am
Oh dear...

Molly gasped again as she looked at the sleeper, her eyes going wide as her brows knitted. Oh...he was speaking another language too! Oh no! She couldn't help if she didn't know what he was saying! She panicked a bit, wondering if there was someone she could call for translation, but instead moved back towards the pod. Her hands unclasped from her stomach, and she reached out. One hand gingerly rested on his shoulder, and the other hovered near his seemingly injured hand.

She didn't make the association that she had inadvertently caused that.

"Um...a-are you alright? Is there anything I can do...? Um...please tell me what I can do...!"

Seussi

Lucyal

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:42 pm
The fact that she was some kind of freak with a living face carved out of stone wasn't lost upon him, but she appeared far too human for him to believe otherwise, and she was behaving in such a friendly manner. His hand throbbed painfully, but he was finally willing to listen, while breathing a little heavily and still clutching his hand to his chest. She was speaking to him, and he listened to the words, realizing that it was in English, and that so far, he had not been.

"I am sorry, so sorry." His Italian accent was thick, too stressed to go through the effort of hiding it. "I should not have done that. Punching you, I mean." He hissed again, and closed his eyes, leaning heavily against the back of the pod as she put her hand on his shoulder.

"I-I think I might have broken it..." Or at least, broken a part of it. Possibly more than one part. He had punched a great many people in his life, and had broken a great deal of bones in his body, but never before had the two been associated like this.

His eyes opened again, and they still appeared somewhat panicked. "Where are we?"

Lucyalx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:21 pm
Molly was incredibly relieved as soon as the sleep spoke English. The thick accent didn't bother her, and lucky he spoke simple words. "Oh, it's alright!" She assured, her expression immediately softening. "You just woke up, everything is new, I'd be spooked too!" A pause, before she let out a bit of a giggle. "Oh...I was! I was spooked too--OH!" Her face went back to being horrified as she stared down at his hand. "Oh no!"

Here, she was terribly fretting. Maybe he should go to the infirmary!? Right now!? But then the proper procedure was also first and forefront in her mind. Sleepers were to report to the Weapons Cove before they could go anywhere else! Oh...that's right. Molly's brows knitted in worry. Oh dear...

His question snapped her out of her thoughts. "...Oh! Yes! Ah!" Her hand squeezed his shoulder gently. "Welcome to Deus Ex Machina!" She offered him a smile. "You're on the main island base...we're in the Bermuda Triangle! Isn't that amazing!? Did you ever see all those Discovery documentaries where ships and airplanes would disappear in it? Well, it's not because of gas bubbles, but because of giant titans sinking ships and planes--"

Seussi

Lucyal

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:30 pm
He nodded, a bit too rapidly, still feeling incredibly distraught by this entire situation. But yes, he had woken up in a strange place, and when he tried to remember just how he might have gotten here, it all seemed hazy, shrouded in cobwebs. He got the feeling that he had made a deal with somebody, but he could not for the life of him recall who or what or why....

"Is..Is nothing, really. I would not worry, bella." He tried to assure her, still feeling bad that he had punched her to begin with. Of course, if he could get medical attention at some point than that would be great, but for now, even while his hand throbbed painfully, he just wanted to know where the hell he was.

"Deus Ex Machina." He repeated, accent still thick as the words rolled off of his tongue. "It does sound familiar." He conceded, the name seeming to trigger his memories just a little. He let her finish, and while his anxiety did not fully cease, he did begin, for some reason, to feel just that little bit better.

She seemed like she was going to go off on a tangent, however, so he held up his uninjured hand to stop her. "Ah, yes, I have heard of it. But why am I here, exactly?" He asked, his voice much less panicked than it had been before.

Lucyal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:29 pm
It was a good thing he stopped her when he did, because in her excitement, Molly would have gone on and on about how many ships and airplanes had gone down and where they had and how they had and so on and so forth.

"Ah!" Molly gasped, and stared at his injured hand. "As soon as you go to the Weapon's Cove and meet your partner, you can go to the infirmary and get your hand looked at, alright?" She then snapped back to the question that was asked. "Oh, right! Pardon me!" She smiled sheepishly at him. "You're here because you wanted to fight the shadows and monsters that harm what we care about...!" She then tilted her head a bit. "I know it's a bit...um...disorientating right now? But you'll remember in time!"

Seussi

Lucyal

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:10 pm
He was just as confused now as he had been before she had given him an answer to his question. She was right, he didn't seem to remember anything and it all seemed far too unreal at the moment.

He decided it might be best to just focus on one thing at a time.

"A partner? Why can they not just meet me here?" He assumed she meant another person, somebody he would be teamed up with, like he was some kind of rookie cop in need of an old veteran to show him the ropes. "Or better yet, in this infirmary that you speak of?" That would be ideal, really.

Shadows? Monsters? It rang a few bells, though still it seemed that no concrete memories had yet to be jogged. "Ah, it sounds like a very noble cause, though slightly unbelievable. Monsters...they uh, exist?" That part was difficult to take in, and he eased his way from the back of the pod on shaking legs to finally step out and into the open, dark eyes darting back and forth as if he still expected to be attacked by something.

"Oh and also, what is your name, bella?"

Lucyal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:34 pm
Molly seemed incredibly apologetic to the young man. She really did want to send him right to the infirmary, but...rules were the rules! Molly would never dream of breaking the rules.

"Oh...um...because your partner doesn't have legs!" She replied in earnest. "Meeting your partner will go quickly, I promise, because, um...the rules are you can't have access to the rest of the Island until you meet your partner...so you can't go to the infirmary until you meet your partner! I'm so sorry!" Her brows knitted, and she reached into the pod to gently rest her fingers on his elbow, trying to coax him out of the pod. The sooner he got moving, the sooner he could get tended to. "Oh...yes...they do..." She also seemed apologetic about confirming the existence of monsters to him.

Molly pointed down the aisle of pods, towards an exit. "If you go that way, you'll be taken to where you meet your partner--OH!" She gasped, and looked immensely surprised and embarrassed that she forgot to introduce herself. "My name is Molly! It's so nice to meet you...um..?" She waited for him to supply his name.

Seussi
Omg Seu...I am so sorry...YOU SHOULD HAVE POKED ME I KEPT OVERLOOKING THIS OTL

Tommy never leaves the pods. He never experiences Deus suffering. Happy ending!

Lucyal

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:19 pm
Didn't. Have. Legs.

Tommy gave her an incredulous look. "Ah, excuse me but...that does not make any sense? Well, unless they are in a wheelchair. I just..." His voice trailed off. He was very confused now, and she was only seeming to make things worse with her "explanations".

But even as he was confused, one thing managed to click. "So, you must have a partner as well? Where are they?" He asked, looking from side to side, down the rows of containment pods in search of her partner.

As for the existence of monsters confirmation well...for some reason, it was not so surprising as it should have been, and more because of that than anything else, he was left with a cold feeling in his chest.

"It is so very good to meet you, Molly." He lied, his smile insincere. She seemed nice and all, but under these circumstances? He was not sure what to think anymore. "I am Thomas, or Tommy, rather. Tommy Giacinto." He answered her question with little thought, his memory of his own name, at least, something he could grasp ahold of, even as everything else remained shrouded in fog.

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:40 pm
Molly could only smile. That smile of someone who wanted to help and supply more but really couldn't do it properly. The smile of someone who knew he'd have to experience it for himself to really get it.

"Oh!" Molly temporarily let go of his elbow to point at the golden spiraled bracelet with a green jem on her wrist. "He's right here! But uh..." She then tapped the side of her temple. "He's here too..it will all make sense soon, I promise!" Her freckled hand then returned to his elbow to continue to try and coax him out. She'd probably walk him all the way down to the weapon's cove entrance to be honest. "It's nice to meet you, Tommy!" To contrast him, she was nothing but sincere in saying that. Meeting new people was definitely something Molly considered a perk, even under circumstances like this.

"I'm sorry...some things I can explain, but some you'll understand better once they happen...and I guess this is one of those things...?" She tilted her head and looked contemplative for a moment before nodding her head a bit.

Seussi

Lucyal

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:15 pm
It felt as though his lungs were just remembering how to breathe. Slowly, he exhaled, then inhaled. It burned and Horace wondered briefly if this was the sort of slow death felt while drowning slowly. With a groan, he pinched himself on the inside of one elbow. Ah, not death and not a dream. Like a television with bad reception, memories filtered back: trials, deus, his grandma. Well, this meant he made it or something. With a grunt, he heaved himself out of the pod.

And immediately tipped over as his legs forgot how to function properly.

He clutched onto anything he could reach, hard metal biting into soft palms. In neat engraving, the words Horace Nokoni graced the side of his pod. Well, he thought distractedly, at least the boy was who he remembered to be. Dragging long black hair out of his mouth, he darted a glance around, eyes squinting against the harsh light. Well, he definitely wasn't in Oklahoma anymore. He was also kind of alone.

"H-hello? Anyone 'round?"

Baneful
whenever you please

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:24 pm
A strange hiss started it all. It invited a clammy breeze and more strange noises into her hazy bubble of warmth and silence, and she wasn't entirely sure that she appreciated any of it. When the painfully bright lights finally hit her though, she was really sure that she didn't appreciate a second of it. She let out an unhappy groan and tried to roll over, thinking herself in bed right up until her face hit something hard and unforgiving.

"Sunuva b***h--!" She held her face as pain tore through her chin, cheek and forehead, one hand peeling away to extend into the clammy world outside of her bubble, patting around for something or anything that would save her from the horrors of whatever it was she had just hit. When she found nothing, she peeked open a teary eye and saw something out of a science fiction movie; a line of pods, complete with glowing runes, and the occasional machine that she was sure had some purpose.

Suddenly, her face didn't hurt as much.

"Whoa - " She breathed out, gripping the edges of what she now knew was her own pod. She was a pod person now. That was awesome! Though her face sported a red line, she looked all sorts of focused and interested as she inspected her immediate area, even leaning over one edge to see the outside, which had her name engraved ona plaque, along with her age and gender. That. Was. Awesome.

It also reminded her to pat herself down, to see if anything had changed since she went to sleep...and she wasn't sure if she was pleased or upset by the lack of change. Everything was as it should be, right down to the shirt and sweatpants she wore. Just as she last remembered it. Damn.

But for all the technology and crazy sci-fi that was happening around her, she was suspiciously alone. Shouldn't there have been like...aliens, or something? She knew it had something to do with Hunters, but at the same time, she couldn't really be sure without any further proof.

"...Hello?"

bittiface
look what you did

Enoh Love

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:41 pm
Oh! Oh boy! Pod person waking up!

Dylon grinned ear to ear when he heard it, running down the line of pods with his long legs until he was met with a stumbling woman. Ooooh even better! Lady hunters were the best! The asian man smiled widely, a welcoming gesture with his arms was made.

"Welcome! To the woooorld of tomorrow! ToDAY!" He chuckled at his own joke, offering an arm to lean on. "Good to meet you Misssss..." He leaned over to look at her name on the pod, "..... Miss Kiddo. My name is Dylon, and I'm the welcome wagon."

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:13 pm
Someone was coming towards her. A male someone. A dark haired, male someone. Wasn't an alien, which was too bad, but she couldn't be too upset really, not when faced with a, well, face like that.

"...Hel-lo~" Harley whistled, grinning stupidly at the sight of the very handsome guy. He offered her his arm and she gladly took it, and mostly because it meant she could touch the dark haired, good looking man. "Well met, Welcome Wagon." Though, if she were being honest, she knew she needed the help. She imagined this was what baby deer felt like; all legs, not enough coordination.

"Dylon what?" It wasn't fair that he knew her last name! Plus, it was always good to know last names, for the full name treatment down the line. "Also, where's your monkey mask?" Harley replied, big blue eyes blinking in hope - if he was gonna do that whole shtick, may as well go all the way, right?

bittiface

Enoh Love

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:34 pm

Lawrence wasn't technically allowed inside the pod room. The last time he'd been in here, he'd unplugged two sleepers just to see if he could and blamed it on America. It had worked better than he could have expected at the time but had presented a certain number of problems afterwards. These days he was not technically permitted to be around the pods at all. In fact he was expressly forbidden.

This did not actually stop him, if anything in Lawrence's world this was a curious challenge. Like a wild animal presented with a new source of input he tended to skirt around the edge of rules. He had no intention of harming further sleepers at present, he simply wanted to walk amongst them, to peruse the numerous faces, still and lifeless, pinned between life and death. He found it aesthetically pleasing and always had, a museum of humanity stripped of the spark that they called humanity in the first place.

He was wearing an illusion that day, the first one that had come to mind, easy and at the forefront of his memory. He did not meet his own blue-eyed gaze in the reflection on the pods. He had disliked his brother, he had disliked all of his siblings, they had treated him differently than they treated one another. Even when they clearly sought to be kind, to "play nice with their brother" as his mother so often reminded them, he felt the impossible rift between them. This illusion had the long frazzled dirty-blonde hair he remembered and the broad shoulders. His brother was built "like a real man" as his father put it. Lawrence could still see the coldness of his own gaze shining through the face with its laughter lines and slightly upturned mouth. It was uncanny.

He shot a glare along the rows of silent pods as a hiss signaled one of them opening. Disorder in the ranks. He immediately set the glare away, there was no rule imposing silence in the museum of the dead, simply courtesy. He made his way along towards the staggering figure.

"Hey there pardner." he said with an easy smile. "Welcome to Deus. You are all right."

It would frankly be doing the man a favour if he murdered him on the spot. Unfortunately, he was not the kind of man who gave out favours for nothing.

He leaned over slightly to eye the pod sidelong before laughing. "Hold yer horses Horace"

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games