Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Transgender, and how it relates to Christianity Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:02 pm
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
Zahmen II
Golly goodness!
Such an old thread of mine!

So basically, you feel that Science has no place in the views of God?
But Science is the language of God, and since Science has shown me why I am the way I am, God must have made me this way!
Why would God make me this way unless he accepted it and loved me for it?
Because a bunch of whack-jobbed yackos back in the dark ages decided that alongside eating pork and wearing clothing of two threads, the love of a man and a man must be a sin too?

as old as these threads are, they're the most recent in the entire guild on the main forum. either that or the guild is jut dieing and I decided to come back at a bad time. if the threads were at the bottom of the page or on some other back page i wouldnt have bothered. so what do people expect me to do? lol

science is not the language of god. science is the language of mankind. and because it is based on the understanding of MAN I am all the more skeptical of what mankind views as right versus what God has plainly put down in his own words what he views as right. As an example: God views abortion as wrong and yet mankind uses science to try to explain that the fetus inside the woman isn't a life form until it hits a specific stage of development to try to justify killing it off as right.

And as I said before, you're going to heaven regardless of if you're gay or not. God loves you regardless, but because he loves us we can't use that as an excuse to do things that are sinful. we either follow the ways of god, or we move off the path and live a life of misery.
Actually Science is both the language of man and God.

I would take a gander at this list, and count the number of Christian Scientists: http://www.adherents.com/people/100_scientists.html
These men and women believed in God and have made significant contributions to our society, life, world, and understanding of the how questions.

:3

thanks for the notion, but its not necessary to provide lists of christian scientists or athiests that became christan etc etc. i already know for a fact without even looking that there are many types of christian men and women. there is over a thousand denominations of christian branches. which is rather ridiculous, but it is what it is.

i dont deny the existence or logic of science. i very much enjoy sciences of all kinds and hearing about new discoveries of understanding of the body or whatever you can imagine. the point i was trying to get at is that mankind uses science, not all the time, but in some cases as an excuse to blot out what god teaches. hence my example of abortion. God views it as wrong, completely, but mankind likes making that old "its not in that stage of development" excuse. they also like to use science as an excuse that people are born gay, but that is simply not true.

if its based on christian terms, thats one thing. but however i will freely admit that if there is some particular thing, whatever it may be, that has been so called "scientifically proven" or heavily theorized and tested, I will not believe in it if it contradicts my beliefs. i dont do that with everything, but there are some cases where i draw a line.

if mankind states they found scientific proof of people being born gay, i could give a care less. i will simply ignore it because as scriptures states and i totally agree, "for the ways of man is not the ways of god. for the understanding of man is not the understanding of god." mankind can make up as many excuses as they want to try to righteously justify their sins, but i refuse to be a part of their delusions.
If people are found to be born gay then that means that God did indeed create them and that you should stop taking verses out of context. neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:37 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
Zahmen II
Golly goodness!

But Science is the language of God, and since Science has shown me why I am the way I am, God must have made me this way!
Because a bunch of whack-jobbed yackos back in the dark ages decided that alongside eating pork and wearing clothing of two threads, the love of a man and a man must be a sin too?

as old as these threads are, they're the most recent in the entire guild on the main forum. either that or the guild is jut dieing and I decided to come back at a bad time. if the threads were at the bottom of the page or on some other back page i wouldnt have bothered. so what do people expect me to do? lol

science is not the language of god. science is the language of mankind. and because it is based on the understanding of MAN I am all the more skeptical of what mankind views as right versus what God has plainly put down in his own words what he views as right. As an example: God views abortion as wrong and yet mankind uses science to try to explain that the fetus inside the woman isn't a life form until it hits a specific stage of development to try to justify killing it off as right.

And as I said before, you're going to heaven regardless of if you're gay or not. God loves you regardless, but because he loves us we can't use that as an excuse to do things that are sinful. we either follow the ways of god, or we move off the path and live a life of misery.

I would take a gander at this list, and count the number of Christian Scientists: http://www.adherents.com/people/100_scientists.html
These men and women believed in God and have made significant contributions to our society, life, world, and understanding of the how questions.

thanks for the notion, but its not necessary to provide lists of christian scientists or athiests that became christan etc etc. i already know for a fact without even looking that there are many types of christian men and women. there is over a thousand denominations of christian branches. which is rather ridiculous, but it is what it is.

i dont deny the existence or logic of science. i very much enjoy sciences of all kinds and hearing about new discoveries of understanding of the body or whatever you can imagine. the point i was trying to get at is that mankind uses science, not all the time, but in some cases as an excuse to blot out what god teaches. hence my example of abortion. God views it as wrong, completely, but mankind likes making that old "its not in that stage of development" excuse. they also like to use science as an excuse that people are born gay, but that is simply not true.

if its based on christian terms, thats one thing. but however i will freely admit that if there is some particular thing, whatever it may be, that has been so called "scientifically proven" or heavily theorized and tested, I will not believe in it if it contradicts my beliefs. i dont do that with everything, but there are some cases where i draw a line.

if mankind states they found scientific proof of people being born gay, i could give a care less. i will simply ignore it because as scriptures states and i totally agree, "for the ways of man is not the ways of god. for the understanding of man is not the understanding of god." mankind can make up as many excuses as they want to try to righteously justify their sins, but i refuse to be a part of their delusions.
If people are found to be born gay then that means that God did indeed create them and that you should stop taking verses out of context. neutral

you clearly do not understand the nature of god with the very statement you just made. blowing off my statements by saying they're out of context, when in reality they ARE in context, is not going to justify your words.

if god "made" people born to be gay that would contradict against his own teachings. he has CLEARLY stated in the bible his views of love between a man and a woman and love between the same sex. there is no sin in god. if he were to have created a man or woman born to be gay, that would be creating them with sin. that contradicts his nature. but they received sin from adam and eve and and and eve were born pure and THEN they sinned and thus spread sin to the rest of us.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:40 pm
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
Zahmen II
Golly goodness!

you clearly do not understand the nature of god with the very statement you just made. blowing off my statements by saying they're out of context, when in reality they ARE in context, is not going to justify your words.

if god "made" people born to be gay that would contradict against his own teachings. he has CLEARLY stated in the bible his views of love between a man and a woman and love between the same sex. there is no sin in god. if he were to have created a man or woman born to be gay, that would be creating them with sin. that contradicts his nature. but they received sin from adam and eve and and and eve were born pure and THEN they sinned and thus spread sin to the rest of us.
The passages supposedly speaking out against homosexuality are speaking about the act, which is sex, prostitution and idolatry.

It's not talking about the sexuality. Homosexuality is the attraction of the same sex. The Bible states regardless if you're gay straight transgender bi or lesbian, having sex before marriage is a major sin.

The fact that you don't grasp this only proves that you really don't know what the Bible is talking about, you're intellectually dishonest, willfully ignorant and are eating up whatever your preacher, pastor, so called holy man of God tells you. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:16 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox

The passages supposedly speaking out against homosexuality are speaking about the act, which is sex, prostitution and idolatry.

It's not talking about the sexuality. Homosexuality is the attraction of the same sex. The Bible states regardless if you're gay straight transgender bi or lesbian, having sex before marriage is a major sin.

The fact that you don't grasp this only proves that you really don't know what the Bible is talking about, you're intellectually dishonest, willfully ignorant and are eating up whatever your preacher, pastor, so called holy man of God tells you. neutral

supposedly speaking? how about actually posting them. im going to try this one more time....

Quote:
Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

I think that CLEARLY states the sexuality. Verse 13 is the CLEAR explanation of sexuality being wrong with a beast or in other words, bestiality. Intellectually dishonest? I have no reason be. Purposely misrepresenting the bible would be considered blasphemy. I can provide more verses if you need them. I don't give a damn what pastors say either. what they teach is limited. however since im responding to everything tonight, if you see this thread first, see what i posted in "The Unbelievers" thread in the other guild. i very very deep and in depth to where my "teachings" of the bible comes from. so if you read this first dont entirely take my words that may seem harsh at face value.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:42 am
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos

supposedly speaking? how about actually posting them. im going to try this one more time....

Quote:
Leviticus 18:22 You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

I think that CLEARLY states the sexuality. Verse 13 is the CLEAR explanation of sexuality being wrong with a beast or in other words, bestiality. Intellectually dishonest? I have no reason be. Purposely misrepresenting the bible would be considered blasphemy. I can provide more verses if you need them. I don't give a damn what pastors say either. what they teach is limited. however since im responding to everything tonight, if you see this thread first, see what i posted in "The Unbelievers" thread in the other guild. i very very deep and in depth to where my "teachings" of the bible comes from. so if you read this first dont entirely take my words that may seem harsh at face value.
Actually it's talking about the act of sex as well as prostitution . Not sexuality. Not all gays, bis, lesbians, and transgenders want to have sex. There are celibate ones. The same rules that apply to straight Christians apply to gay Christians as well. That is, sex before marriage, is a sin. It does not matter if you are gay straight or a lesbian. You have sex before marriage then you must repent.

Also the word abomination means unclean. If you look in the other laws of Leviticus, it also applies to the consumption of shellfish. Though seeing as how I'm not a Jew, ethnically or religiously, Leviticus doesn't apply to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:44 pm
Pray about it. Read your Bible. Try to avoid medications that may have hormones that may make you think like a woman. Don't drink or smoke or take drugs. Get yourself onto a vegan, and maybe even organic raw diet (no, I'm not on such a diet myself, but certain foods can lead to this kind of confusion, or so said someone at a health seminar I went to)...and then wait a few months and see how you feel then.

That's just a suggestion.

If you were born with male genitalia, and without ovaries, then you are a male, even if you think like a woman.

God made us all male or female for a reason, and by changing your gender, you would be going against whatever plan that He has for you on this Earth, as well as saying that you reject the way that He made you and that you don't appreciate the gender that He gave you.

Also try to avoid sterotypes. Maybe you just feel like a woman because you were raised with stereotypes and pressure of how a man should act or think or be and therefore you feel like a woman.  

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:57 pm
Zerotheslayer
Pray about it. Read your Bible. Try to avoid medications that may have hormones that may make you think like a woman. Don't drink or smoke or take drugs. Get yourself onto a vegan, and maybe even organic raw diet (no, I'm not on such a diet myself, but certain foods can lead to this kind of confusion, or so said someone at a health seminar I went to)...and then wait a few months and see how you feel then.

That's just a suggestion.

If you were born with male genitalia, and without ovaries, then you are a male, even if you think like a woman.

God made us all male or female for a reason, and by changing your gender, you would be going against whatever plan that He has for you on this Earth, as well as saying that you reject the way that He made you and that you don't appreciate the gender that He gave you.

Also try to avoid sterotypes. Maybe you just feel like a woman because you were raised with stereotypes and pressure of how a man should act or think or be and therefore you feel like a woman.
You do realize that things like this are natural and are caused once people hit puberty right? Do you realize that we are all wired differently?

Hell I know people who were supposed to be born as men but ended up as women. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:54 pm
Zerotheslayer

I think there is more to it than just having the right pieces and parts  

lordstar

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:05 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox

Quote:

Actually it's talking about the act of sex as well as prostitution . Not sexuality. Not all gays, bis, lesbians, and transgenders want to have sex. There are celibate ones. The same rules that apply to straight Christians apply to gay Christians as well. That is, sex before marriage, is a sin. It does not matter if you are gay straight or a lesbian. You have sex before marriage then you must repent.

Also the word abomination means unclean. If you look in the other laws of Leviticus, it also applies to the consumption of shellfish. Though seeing as how I'm not a Jew, ethnically or religiously, Leviticus doesn't apply to me.

It doesn't matter what its termed or called as or consideredas. the word homosexuality, clearly wasn't used in the bible. Right? and yes....thats what ive been saying. God is talking about the act. doesn't matter what its termed he still CLEARLY states that he doesnt want man to lie with another man as he would with a woman and the same goes for women.

there is no hidden meaning. if he says he doesnt want man with man or woman with woman, then thats how it is. same sex is a sin. period.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:28 pm
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos

Quote:

It doesn't matter what its termed or called as or consideredas. the word homosexuality, clearly wasn't used in the bible. Right? and yes....thats what ive been saying. God is talking about the act. doesn't matter what its termed he still CLEARLY states that he doesnt want man to lie with another man as he would with a woman and the same goes for women.

there is no hidden meaning. if he says he doesnt want man with man or woman with woman, then thats how it is. same sex is a sin. period.
No sex with anyone is a sin. It doesn't matter if you're gay straight or lesbian. You keep reading into things that aren't there. Leviticus is condemning temple prostitution.

The current idea/concept of homosexuality being that two consenting adults love and care for each other isn't condemned in the Bible.

Also being a lesbian is never mentioned in the Bible, nor is transgender/transexual or bi-sexual. :3  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:24 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox

Quote:

No sex with anyone is a sin. It doesn't matter if you're gay straight or lesbian. You keep reading into things that aren't there. Leviticus is condemning temple prostitution.

The current idea/concept of homosexuality being that two consenting adults love and care for each other isn't condemned in the Bible.

Also being a lesbian is never mentioned in the Bible, nor is transgender/transexual or bi-sexual. :3

well this is rather comical. you think im delving into something that isn't there even though i posted scripture and i think you're not taking it literal enough. i guess we'll have to agree to disagree...again? LOL oh well.

but here is the problem i have with your argument. as I already agreed as you pointed out, specific words are not mentioned in the bible because it wasn't used in the language back then so they were defined as "acts" or actions.
however, dinosaurs aren't mentioned in the bible, but they existed. 90% of animals in the world aren't mentioned in the bible, but it existed. so your...i guess argument that because it wasnt mentioned,therefore it doesn't apply, isn't owning up. if he sets a specific rule it obtains to both sexes. men are mostly mentioned in the bible versus women. but that doesn't knock out the rules for both sexes.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:51 pm
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos

well this is rather comical. you think im delving into something that isn't there even though i posted scripture and i think you're not taking it literal enough. i guess we'll have to agree to disagree...again? LOL oh well.

but here is the problem i have with your argument. as I already agreed as you pointed out, specific words are not mentioned in the bible because it wasn't used in the language back then so they were defined as "acts" or actions.
however, dinosaurs aren't mentioned in the bible, but they existed. 90% of animals in the world aren't mentioned in the bible, but it existed. so your...i guess argument that because it wasnt mentioned,therefore it doesn't apply, isn't owning up. if he sets a specific rule it obtains to both sexes. men are mostly mentioned in the bible versus women. but that doesn't knock out the rules for both sexes.
Actually, dinosaurs and sexuality aren't mentioned probably because the writers of the Bible didn't know what the hell they were and had a pretty limited understand for what the hell they were.

Hell we still have a limited understanding of how the dinosaurs died, where some species came from, and how people are gay and what causes them to be gay.

Humans have finite knowledge of pretty much everything. The authors of the Bible were no different. However the Bible again condemns male prostitution. The Hebrew qedesh means male prostitute not Sodomite as most people believe. -.-  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:28 am
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos

Actually, dinosaurs and sexuality aren't mentioned probably because the writers of the Bible didn't know what the hell they were and had a pretty limited understand for what the hell they were.

Hell we still have a limited understanding of how the dinosaurs died, where some species came from, and how people are gay and what causes them to be gay.

Humans have finite knowledge of pretty much everything. The authors of the Bible were no different. However the Bible again condemns male prostitution. The Hebrew qedesh means male prostitute not Sodomite as most people believe. -.-

did you get the point i was making though?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:12 am
I do have a small thing to say about this.
According to Acts 10:10-16 (bunches of bible verses ahead by the way): He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of fourfooted animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."

“Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

Mark 7:14-19: Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him 'unclean.' "

After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. "Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body."

Collosians 2:14: having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.

and Hebrews 7:18: The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless

Do Christians not have to follow Leviticus law? And I am not positive about this, but I don't think that there are any other bible verses besides the one in Leviticus saying homosexuality is an abomination.

If I am misinterpreting something, please bring it to my attention, but this is how I understood it.

And I also don't think that there are any verses saying transsexuality is a sin either. Again, please correct me if I am wrong. User Image

Fairytale Endings

Crimson Raccoon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:13 pm
L o v e r s L u l l a b y
I do have a small thing to say about this.
According to Acts 10:10-16 (bunches of bible verses ahead by the way): He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of fourfooted animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."

“Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

Mark 7:14-19: Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him 'unclean.' "

After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. "Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body."

Collosians 2:14: having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.

and Hebrews 7:18: The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless

Do Christians not have to follow Leviticus law? And I am not positive about this, but I don't think that there are any other bible verses besides the one in Leviticus saying homosexuality is an abomination.

If I am misinterpreting something, please bring it to my attention, but this is how I understood it.

And I also don't think that there are any verses saying transsexuality is a sin either. Again, please correct me if I am wrong. User Image

It's true that, because Christ fulfilled the law, and because we are not a part of the ancient kingdom of Israel, we as Christians don't have to follow the laws in Leviticus. But that doesn't mean the morality expressed in those laws doesn't still exist! If something was detestable to God then, it is still detestable to him now. The ceremonial laws regarding diet and sacrifice and the regulations for priests have been fulfilled, but the morality against murder, stealing, sexual sins, and so on all still apply.

Also, there are a few places in the New Testament that state homosexuality is wrong.

Paul in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

To put the above passage in context, it was written by the apostle Paul to a Christian audience. The point he's making is that those who dwell in such lifestyles are guilty of sinning; however, even someone who has done such things can regardless be forgiven and reconciled to God through Christ. The audience Paul was writing to consisted of many people who had previously been things such as thieves and homosexuals, but who had abandoned those lifestyles to follow Christ.

There are several other passages, from both the Old and New Testaments, which identify homosexuality as a sin. 1 Timothy 1:8-11 is another New Testament passage similar to the above one from 1 Corinthians. Also, Romans 1:18-32 is very interesting because it describes what homosexuality is, as well as the Biblical view of its causes and effects. It's a description of the general progression a people go through who turn away from God.

Just like the people Paul wrote to in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, all of us who have done sinful things can be forgiven of these things and reconciled to God through faith Jesus Christ. We don't need to let our sins identify us, we can abandon them by turning to Christ for salvation from the guilt and punishment these sins bring on us. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved!  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff