Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harganoph

Back to Guilds

A story of a world beyond our dimension, and the individual tales of the people who inhabit the world. 

Tags: Harganoph, Story, Roleplay, novel, world 

Reply Roleplay - Have your own characters in Harganoph
Merthage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:56 pm
"Perform?" Blake wondered aloud, then realized there were two in hiding. He saw a girl who... Well, she wasn't anything he was used to seeing, either.

But what he didn't expect, or possibly only half expected, was a human. She was a bit on the heavy side, but she had soft, shiny brown hair, and walked with the elegance of royalty, despite her looking so humble and lost. But what caught his attention the most were her eyes; a color of pure, brilliant jade green. The same color eyes as him, except her eyes seemed so much more beautiful. She was scared, and immediately he somehow felt that it was his fault. "Ah... Yes. Perhaps I will stay for the performance. As well as a drink. Make it light, if you please."

Anasophia revealed herself in the beautiful red dress. She felt so vulnerable in it. And what was worse, the new vampire looked at her so intently as if... As if he was going to attack her. At least that's how she felt. Heck, he was probably just staying because he planned to suck her dry as soon as she left.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:55 am
Flopsy patted her on the shoulder and gave her a hug to reassure her. She smiled at the vampire. "Hello there if you excuse me and the lady she needs to get her portrait done now I'm sure Ethan can take care of you I'm too much of a clutz to handle the drinks anyway." she said with a giggle of course doing her best to get her friend out of the current situation.

S.V. chuckled. "Clearly you've never heard of my place mon ami. Flopsy and her brother Peter were ordinary rabbits I cast a spell on to make them semi human. They work much better as magical assistants that way." he explained. "And the girl well I like to make portraits of people I find interesting and frankly beautiful its some what of a hobby of mine." he explained rather boldly. Let the vampire say something about it what he did in his own time was his business anyway there was no law against it.

Ethan peered in wondering if S.V. was getting in a little over his head which wasn't like him. He can get very protective of people though and he could tell S.V. did not want to lose the human the moment she disappeared into the night as he had many times before. "Um what kind of blood you want in the drink?" he asked.

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:43 am
"I don't suppose you have B negative," Blake replied to Ethan, not once taking his eyes away from Anasophia until she disappeared with Flopsy into another room. "You have... Quite the hobby my friend. I've heard of food paintings before, but this seems to be a different sort of approach to the concept." He looked S.V.'s way, and quite seriously he asked, "Though I wonder, does one who paint food eat the fruit, afterward?" Meaning he wondered if S.V. was going to make a meal out of Anasophia after he'd painted her.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:02 am
Ethan got the drink and put in on the counter for the other vampire before choosing to duck into the kitchen at this time. He knew where this was going.

S.V. looked just as serious now. "It would be awful stupid of me to eat a costumer now wouldn't it?" he said. "After all a costumer is a costumer I serve everyone and I make a promise that the humans will not be eaten whilst in my walls. Its a point of honor for me people who come through my walls should not have to fear for their lives this is a happy relaxed place and it wouldn't be like that if getting eaten was part of it. Also I do not have pictures of food, I have pictures of beauty." OK that was risky but vampires saying things like that rubbed him the wrong way seriously.

Peter chose this time before things got ugly to poke his head in. "S.V. you going to keep me waiting all night. The lady is ready can I start working now?" he protested in a very annoyed tone.  

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:49 pm
Blake felt almost a challenge in those words. "You're not the only vampire," Blake said with almost a icy tone, "To want to treat creatures like humans with good will... Tell me, friend, were you born a vampire?"

Anasophia looked about the room, and smiled softly. They were keeping her safe, this was a haven for her. She saw Blake as a terrible threat. Someone that would indeed suck her dry at the first given opportunity. Though now that she was away from danger she couldn't help but feel... There was a sadness in those eyes too, wasn't there? Was that a sadness common in vampires, and she just didn't notice until today?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:15 pm
Ethan peered and laughed nervously. "Uh...S.V. you're not following your own rule of not fighting in the bar." he reminded the other hiding behind the bar a bit.

Peter's ears twitched even he was getting nervous as the vampire stare off. "Uuh I will just go get her posed and ready then." he said making a hasty retreat.

S.V. stared at him hard for a moment then smiled and laughed. "My apologizes mon ami. I misjudged you..forgive me for being on edge. You can imagine the more unsavory vampires that come through these walls. Being on the defensive has made me paranoid." he said laughing more he did not answer the last part. Since he didn't remember his past he honestly didn't even know what to say to that. "Well in that case..would you like to see my gallery. I chose to have portraits of beautiful creatures that sadly have shorter life spans frankly even shorter then usual in this city. I fear my memory of their glory may fade with age this way I will always remember." he looked at the other with a sly smirk. "If you like the very beautiful cherie so much I can have Peter make two pictures." he offered now understanding the other hadn't been staring at her for food purposes.

Flopsy settled her into a chair and started to fix her up for the picture. She shuddered a little her nose twitching. "Ick I hate the way they stare about people sometimes. They stare at me a lot with that intense gaze it reminds me of a snake." he said with fear in her voice. She obviously hated snakes.  

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:55 pm
"I know!" Anasophia exclaimed with surprise that Flopsy saw it too. "They're terrifying. It doesn't help that I'm their food of choice, either... But there's something... Sad about them."

Blake's eyes widened a bit in surprise, then he looked away. He didn't dare keep eye contact. "I'll think about it." Truth was, he had mixed feelings about the human in the beautiful dress. She wasn't the frail white unhealthy sort of creature Blake found female vampires to be. Seductive as they were, they reminded him always of the monster he is; they were not in any way innocent, even those that were changed and remember their human compassion. They were all... Hideous. Perhaps it was because he was attracted to vulnerability, but he felt he couldn't accept the painting seeing as who he really was, but he didn't want to deny it, either. "I would like to watch you paint, however, if you don't mind an audience."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:22 pm
S.V. smiled and nodded. "Peter my rabbit boy does the actually painting I'm sure he won't mind if you watch plus you can see the rest of my gallery." he said giving a toothy grin. "Its wonderful to find someone who sees the beauty in such fragile things." He was quite happy about this he had never been able to share the art with another vampire before.

Peter was in there room with Flopsy and Anasophia now but he was still listening to what was going on outside. He sat down at the aisle and started getting ready.

Flopsy looked at her and furrowed her brow a little. "The only sad vampire I ever see is S.V. but he doesn't like to talk about that. He is sad a lot though I didn't notice if that one was sad." he admitted. "I don't like looking them directly in the eye."  

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:44 am
"I couldn't help it," Anasophia admitted, looking down and shy, "I noticed... We have the same eye color." Her strange tone of green eye color was the same as his. Anasophia had a thing with looking people in the eyes when they exchange glances or when they talk to another. It's something most humans would never do; look a vampire in the eye.

Blake was very uncomfortable, admittedly. He was fighting between two convulsions. It was true, he loved art, ad he was very curious. Also, there was something about the human, he didn't know what. But he just wanted to see, and if he was hostile, he wouldn't be able to. But this place was also a threat to him and his ideals, his law, and his beliefs. Having humans eat here was like opening one's restaurant to cattle. In either case, he had to see for himself as much as he could about this place, before taking action. He needed to know; was this place a threat to him, or a haven? "I'll go where you lead me, friend." Blake said to him, and through his confusion and discomfort, managed a weak smile.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:08 am
S.V. watched the other carefully. He hadn't let his guard down completely but the other vampire did seem harmless enough. He walked ahead of the other. "Follow me mon ami." he said walking into his gallery. He had never shown another vampire his gallery before. He wasn't sure why he was now. He looked to Anasophia and Flopsy. "Now girls I do not want you to worry this vampire is a friend alright?" he said to reassure them.

Flopsy's eyes widened in surprise seeing another vampire in the gallery but then she smiled she knew is S.V. trusted him so much he must be safe she trusted the magician vampire's judgement. "Hello I'm Flopsy!" he said happily.

Peter watched the new vampire closely. He was not as trusting at all this could come back at them, all of them. He stared at Anasophia as he sketched her. "Do not move please." he asked mostly so that she wouldn't stare at the vampire or start moving because of his presence.  

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:29 pm
"Ah- mm, okay..." Anasophia replied, keeping in her position. Still she wasn't so sure about the other vampire, but Anasophia just remained still, looking in one spot, trying so hard to not move a muscle.

Blake looked around at the gallery. They all were... Truly, they were masterpieces. Of humans. Without changing his expression, he noticed however, that some of them had been taken captive, many missing, and one or two he even once drank from himself. I his mind, it seemed more like a morgue or memorial.

But then there in front of them, a lit woman, perfectly still as she posed. She didn't dare move, she didn't say a word. And Blake never made the attempt to call out to her or ask what her name was. It was the mystery of this woman, honestly, that was truly appealing. She was a different sort of mystery than any vampire.

She was... Untainted. An innocent mystery. He tried not to look intently at her, but it was obvious he couldn't keep his eyes away for long. Still he tried to see her as just another human face. It was absurd; thinking she was beautiful, in Blake's mindset, was like thinking a cow was beautiful. But he was so confused, he couldn't think of a reason to go, so he stayed.

"How long have you been here, capturing these... People?" He asked.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:53 pm
S.V. looked at him and smiled a little. "Since I opened the bar actually." he said then he whispered the next part softly just to Blake. "I never seen any of them..more then once. Its a like shrine to me..of forgotten faces. Someone should be around to remember them and the beauty the once gave this world who better then an immortal creatures such as myself." he looked at Anasophia his eyes sad. "I..don't want her to be lost like the others..if only would stay. I've tried to hard to convince so many to stay."

Flopsy watched the two vampires talk. She saw the sadness in S.V.'s eyes again but she chose to not mention it.

Peter continued to sketch Anasophia trying to capture her perfectly as he always did. He would glance over to the two vampires as well eying Blake suspiciously as if any moment he would betray them.  

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:18 pm
It was at this moment, he almost saw what S.V. saw. Anasophia was so full of spirit, full of life, as she strained to keep still for the picture, trying to not feel sub-conscious of so many people watching her. Blake's eyes softened, and he just replied with, "What if she did stay here... Would she truly be completely safe?"  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:30 pm
S.V. nodded a little. "Yes..unless someone came in strong enough to kill me. I may be younger then most but my magic is strong and not many vampires have my skills. However many refuse to stay, afraid of being a burden and being unable to pay their way." he said. "So many of them gone." he said sadly. "She is certainly one of the sweetest ones I have met though her smile can truly light up a room."

Peter could hear the conversation going on despite the quiet talking. He bit his lip slightly. S.V. was laying himself bare in front of this other vampire, it was dangerous and foolish. This could destroy everything the other had work for and most importantly get them all killed.  

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:15 am
"I see..." Blake watched Peter paint for a while before Blake said, "You're not like most vampires. I don't know how strong you claim to be, but if indeed you are, and you truly are at least powerful enough to manage a restaurant by yourself and not have it look... Like all the others around here." Every place looked centuries old, most of the time, no one bothers to keep their place in good shape. Especially since a place in good shape often attracts an unfavorable crowd. A crowd that wants to trash the good place. But this place seemed untouched by the curse of Merthage.

"And yet you're compassionate about your food. Those with compassion for the human generally are the weakest, and often they are the ones that are victim to the fights too common to control. I've been taught the sorts of stories that the humans are told. How strength came with compassion and good will... Not here. Compassion and good will is what many are killed for. But you are still alive. But you must know... This good luck for you can't last forever in a cursed place. You should pack up and leave, take your business elsewhere before its too late."

It wasn't a threat, even though it sounded like one. What Blake was trying to do was warn him. Even if Blake didn't do anything to this place, his father or some other radical creature would. There was no place for a place like this in a place like this...

But Blake didn't want to see such people destroyed. They couldn't imagine the torture they could be put through. The rabbits and alien could be enslaved, the customers sucked dry, and then poor S.V. At worse, he could be put in a 'correctional' camp. Which was far worse than any slavery. Blake, he didn't want that to happen, even if he couldn't say that outright.  
Roleplay - Have your own characters in Harganoph

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 83 84 85 86 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff