Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] One Half to the Whole [Rin+Lawr]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:59 am

Rin wondered where the hell the old guy she and Melvin had the pleasure of waking some time ago had gone off to. So as she reached the door to the room registered to him, it was mostly to make sure he was still alive.

She knocked very very lightly.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:23 am

Lawr was, unsurprisingly, awake when Rin knocked on his door. Today he wasn't even trying to sleep, he was instead practising a few slight of hand tricks in the cracked mirror his room had come with, repeating the same twist of the cards again and again until it became second nature.

Answering the door, he swung it open, revealing a typically bare trainee room - meticulously clean and tidy - even the bed completely free of wrinkles. "Spirits guide you darlin'." he said with a customary occult wave of his hands. "How may I help you?"

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:34 am

"I haven't seen you about," Rin eyed the man over that stood before her with a lazy unreadable expression. "I was beginning to worry a little."

The corner of her lips curled slightly. A small smile that didn't seem to reach the rest of her face. "Settling in okay?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:46 am

"I've been mostly shut up in this here room." he volunteered, encompassing the tiny room with a wave of his hands. "Trying to sleep through the constant chatter of the voice in my head, and keeping out of trouble. Every time I go out it seems to be only to run into strife and troubles. Better to stay here with my cards and my protective wards where it's safe."

He was rather good at not staring at her absent arm and gave her a brilliant and eager smile, looking delighted with the company. "It's wonderful to have a visitor though, and I am positively touched that anyone was even concerned enough about me to check up on me."

"I would invite you in for a sip of coffee but these quarters are rather limited I'm afraid. Would you like to go somewhere else?"

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:03 am

"Sounds like you need to be a little more forceful with your weapon. If they try to take over your thoughts to that degree, maybe they just need to be told to shut the ******** up." Rin offered him a more genuine smile this time.

She looked around him at his room thoughtfully before bobbing her head, "Somewhere else would be best. We could go for a walk?" Her brows raised curiously.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:04 pm

"I wouldn't dare tell him that." he said, and got the distinct impression that Butch tilted his head inside his thoughts. He didn't want to cross the weapon, he wanted to avoid that whole situation entirely, it was bad enough when it seemed to like him.

He stepped out of the room into the corridor. "Sounds good to me, as long as it's not a walk near those huge terrible monsters that are ambling around."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:24 pm

"How can you not tell him anything? He's a part of you. Anything you know, he knows?" Rin moved to take Lawr's side and move at his pace.

"Of course. Does it look like I want to deal with monsters?" She shook her head, vaguely answering for him before changing the subject. "How is Deus life treating you?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:23 am

"Certainly he does. I just. He's moody, I'd like to keep him happy." he said, as quietly as he could manage.

"Life here has certainly been a thing. I am not sure what sort of karmic retribution it is, but it is a place of chaos and misfortune on this island."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:16 am

Rin let out a short and harsh, "Hah!" Then gestured at her stumpy arm. "You're preaching to the choir."

She seemed to relax a bit the more they walked. "This place can be painful, terrifying, and oftentimes overwhelming." Not that he needed her to tell him that. "But, it can also be amazing and mystifying. I mean. All sorts of bad s**t is real, but so is a lot of good s**t. Like unicorns. You'll also make lots of friends who'll have your back. Eventually."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:11 am

"I hope so." he said with a kind smile. "I get rather lonely on my own all the time, I had a lot of friends back home who I will probably never get to see again, as pessimistic as that is. I could do with some more friends to make this all a bit more palatable."

He eyed her arm curiously. "And forgive me if it is prying but did you lose your arm here? It seems rather dangerous on this island."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas