Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:19 pm
User Image
Anatolio coughs as he wakes up. He spits out sand onto the beach and grimaces. Shielding his eyes against the morning sun, he tries weakly to sit up. He's not sure how he wound up on the beach, but he doesn't have time to contemplate it. His skin feels raw and sunburned, and completely devoid of moisture. The sand feels like a million tiny knives across his arms, his belly, his legs. He needs to get back to the sea. Luckily it isn't too far away.

Toli tries to stand up, but is too weak to succeed and ends up faceplanting in the sand again. Coughing and spitting, he tries to drag himself toward the water, just a few tantalizing feet away. The dry sand abrades his already-tortured skin, but if he could just hang on a little longer...

Finally he collapses, devoid of energy, onto the wet sand. The waves lap at his body, each one like the caress of a goddess. His legs, exhausted, morph seamlessly back into his tail as the water washes over them. Panting heavily, too tired to move further, Toli looks farther up the beach and sees the sleeping angel. The events of the night before come back to him, and he grins. Worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:47 pm
User Image

Trager had started to stir when she felt Anatolio's movements beside here. She had refused to wake just yet though. Her head was pounding, she just wanted to sleep some more. Besides that her eyes and the rest of her body felt dry as an effect from drinking alcohol and the salt air and sand. Trager lifted her hands and rubbed her eyes, but that just made it worse. She had rubbed the sand into her eyes! "what?" she murmured. Why was there sand? Trager opened her eyes to the stinging sight of more sand, she was alone on the beach. Trager hated and feared water, but she hated the sand that came with it just as much. How on earth had she ended up on the beach?

The pink angel just wanted to crawl back into the forest with the shade and the not-sand, but her head was spinning. She sat up and put her head between her knees and her hands on her head. Trager opened her eyes and winced towards the ocean, a distant fleck of sunset poking its head out of the water. She recalled something about a cowboy...

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:18 pm
Ah, the sleeping angel had awoken! Toli smiles as Trager stirs, her hair in sort of sleepy disarray. It's a strange thing--while the prolonged exposure to sun had made his own skin raw and angry, it gives her a lovely sort of glow, like the golden orb in the sky had come down and kissed her shoulders, her cheeks, the curve of her back.

"Morning..." he croaks, unsure if she sees him yet. He coughs again. The vibration of his vocal cords had agitated more sand he'd breathed in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:46 pm
Trager's already pink skin flushed red when she was noticed. Last night was so blurry, she could remember hanging out with him at the party. He had been pretty charming. "What are you doing in the water?" she shouted across the beach, it made her remember why she had started to wake in the first place though: the movement beside her. Had they...?  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:59 pm
Toli chuckles a little. "I'm a naiad, my dear. The water is where I belong. I'm afraid I spent a touch too long out of it, too, so now I'm dried up and too weak to move." He lurches into sort of a lounging position, propping his head on his elbow. "I'd say that the evening with you was worth it, though." He flashes her the same charming grin he'd given her all last night.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:22 pm
"You... you're a fish?!" she exclaimed in her shock. Trager quickly covered her mouth, hoping he had been to far away from her to hear it. Trager couldn't believe that she had fallen for the charms of someone who had to live in water most of the time. It just couldn't work for her and this prince charming, Trager was certain of it. She rubbed the back of her neck that the sand clung too. Trager had sand in all sorts of places that she could only wonder how sand had gotten into. She stood up, but feeling lightheaded she immediately sat back down. His last comment could only confirm her suspicions, what else could possibly make it worth him almost drying... or dying.... "There must have been something in the punch...."  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:38 pm
Toli nods, then touches his head. He hadn't realized until just now that his head was also pounding. Now that the stinging sand and dryness of his skin was beginning to wane, the ache of his head was becoming more noticeable. "Suppose that would explain it...my parents always warned me about a sweet land-dweller drink that bewitched the senses." He shrugs a little. No help for it now.

"If you're having trouble standing, why don't you scoot down here and dip your toes in the water? The water is always the coolest and freshest first thing in the morning."

He'd ignore the 'fish' comment for now. She was only a land-dweller, after all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:52 pm
Trager frowned and began the slow, uncomfortable scoot down to the shore, but she stopped about a foot from the farthest that the water had gone up. She was not going to touch that water. She began methodically brushing the sand off of her skin, though she knew it was of no use because sand always had a way of finding its way back to you. After a pause that Trager had spent trying to remember the pae's name and figuring out what to even say to him, "Toli...what do you remember?" It was possible that he didn't even remember the encounter if it had happened at all.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:38 pm
Toli watches her curiously. "Are you...averse to the water, my dear?" he asks.

What did he remember? That's a bit of an odd question. Unless...the thought passes somewhat mournfully through Toli's head. She doesn't remember anything. He gives a smile, hoping the news wouldn't be taken too hard. "Well, I remember we met at a party, and had a few glasses of punch, which is probably the cause of my headache and your amnesia. We talked, we flirted, we kissed a little....then we came down here to the ocean so I could show you my power." He smiles a bit sheepishly. "And then...we kissed a little more....and then we sort of washed up on the shore, entwined in each others' arms...and other bits. It was quite lovely..." he says. Shame she didn't remember.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:06 pm
Trager shrugged her shoulders in response to his question. Yes, she had quite a big aversion to water, but she wasn't about to just admit it to someone who lived in it permanently. Trager expected him to make fun of her for it. As Toli recalled what happened the night before, flashed of the events passed through Trager's mind. She shivered at the thought that she had actually been in the water, that wasn't going to happen again, but then again it didn't have to. But then, Trager smiled, quite lovely, huh? Guess she didn't need magical punch to be charmed by this... charmer. "Hm, yes I remember. I guess you are always that charming."  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:16 pm
A little giggle bubbles out from Toli's lips. "I do try," he says with a bit of a blush. He adjusts himself so that the waves lap over him more, so that he's deeper in the water. "I should tell you, the tide's coming in, even though it's slow. It's good news for me, since the water will carry me home and renew my strength, but if you don't like the sea, then we may have to part sooner than we'd like." He smiles a bit. "But should you ever want to see me again, you need only come to the water's edge and whisper my name."

Toli isn't actually sure that'd work, but it sounded so nice, and it would be so romantic if it did.

"So tell me about yourself, dear Trager." Toli lies on his stomach and props his chin in both palms, swishing his tail idly back and forth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:32 pm
Trager scooted further back at the mention of high tide. She also thought about calling on him again for a moment, but it would require her trekking back across the sand and being near the water again. Maybe he could hear her if she was a little further back then the edge of the water.

There was a decent back story as to why she hated water of all sorts, but she still wasn't keen on the idea of him making fun of her for it. Although Trager was certain that this male would only tease her. She grinned, just thinking about his charms. She could start off with the big bomb that she had a child, but Calais wasn't really her child, and she had long grown and gone off to raise her own family. Trager wasn't sure what to say about herself, same as when she had been asked this question on dates before. Was this a date now? "I used to live in headquarters before it was destroyed... I have a hut in the forest now." That had been quite the downgrade. "You live under the water... do you have homes down there?"

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:02 pm
[Rofl, I had no idea that Trager was Calais' adopted mother.]

Toli chuckles and smiles, with a good-natured nod. "Of course, my dear. Some live in houses made of stone, like the Queen in her palace. Others find natural homes. Caves or crevices that aren't already occupied by fish or other sea-creatures. My mother lives in once such cave, together with my siblings and I. Although..." he muses. "I suppose now that I'm a man and all I should find my own abode," he says, thinking of his "training" with Commander Sadron and that madwoman.

"My mother's home is very beautiful," he says with a small shrug. "I wish I could take you to see it..."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:03 pm
[Haha yeah Trager found Calais' acorn when the fauns came out. She is such a cougar x.x]

Trager couldn't help but laugh at the fact that Toli still lived with his mother, but she didn't say anything. A simple smile and a nod in agreement to finding his own place. A cave hardly sounded beautiful to her, all damp and dark.... well the whole ocean was damp. Along with the fact that Toli lived with his mother and Trager wasn't ready to meet the family yet. "Well I can't really go see it, its too bad" Trager was relieved for the fact that she had plenty of excuses that she couldn't see it.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:09 pm
[Lol nice. I feel like we could wrap this up and then pick it up again/start a new thread when the kiddums arrive. What d'you think?]

Toli is beginning to feel a bit stronger, thanks to the cool water on his skin and just the mere proximity to the ocean.

He's also sensing that Trager's unfortunate aversion to water is more than just healthy fear or respect that most land-dwellers felt for the mighty ocean. Her fear seems more....pathological, deep-seated. He pities her, for she'd never know the wonders of the depths.

"The tide's beginning to come in," says Toli after a thoughtful silence, looking out toward the water. "It's coming in slowly, but it'll come faster." He looks back to her. "You...you should probably go if you don't want to get your toes wet." He smiles warmly, but he feels a bit sad. As lovely as she is, they could never be together. They're from different worlds, as it were.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff