Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Kendo Guild

Back to Guilds

Where kendoist can come together and share there experiences while having a good time. 

Tags: kendo, kenshi, shinai, bogu, sensei 

Reply ChitChat
Konnichwa Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chia Toma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:57 pm
Hello all

My name is Chia and I'm from the UK.

Currently ranked at Ikque Level (spelling on that?) but I haven't been participating for a couple of years due to travelling and personal issues. Though I should be going back to my club in September with the new intake of University students who will all get scared off.

Anyone else a UK participant?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:51 pm
welcome I-kyuu chia. you can call me samu ^_^ i'm currently a san-kyu myself but i'm hopeing to retest soon. so far i think your the only uk kendo kenshi in the group. with time that should change.  

amsharp

WolfCarson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:14 pm
Hello Chia. To be honest with everyone, I am still much a newbie. I am currently taking a Kendo class at my University, but I am going to graduate soon. Though, I do wish to find a Dojo that I can train at, as I have taken a great like to Kendo. Therefore, I am still a ryokyu. I guess that means you two are my senpai ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:51 pm
Hey guys! This seems like as good a place as any to introduce myself.

I'm Nynn. I'm Australian but I'm currently living in Japan teaching English. I'm ni-Dan and I have my first try at a san-Dan grading at the end of this month. eek I'm feeling rather nervous about it!

Nice to meet you all!  

Nynn

KamuiYanagi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:10 pm
yo im will i dont actually have an rank i just practice with my friends  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:49 pm
Hello!

My name is Johanna and I'm from Sweden. I've been training kendo for five years now and I'm 1 dan.  

Yohana

Ekimal Tsan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:26 pm
I'm Ekimal. I've been practicing kendo at my university for three years and I achieved the rank of ikkyu only a couple weeks ago.
I also practice European fencing.
Good luck Nynn!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:44 am
Ekimal Tsan
I'm Ekimal. I've been practicing kendo at my university for three years and I achieved the rank of ikkyu only a couple weeks ago.
I also practice European fencing.
Good luck Nynn!

Thanks! I'm going to need it. Congratulations on getting your ikkyu. *high five*  

Nynn

Onime_no_Kyo-Sama

750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:49 am
Yo~ thankies for invite ;]
My name is Martin, im from Latvia, im 21 yr old
i like kendo as long as i can remember myself, coz i love Japan, especially Edo era <3 i started to learn kendo mostly to make my own style a bit later
i dont have rank but i can spar with i-kyu equally
ah yea i trained kendo for 7 months in Latvian Kendo Club, after that i had to change country so i self practiced my @$$ off for a while :]  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:35 am
hi!

i'm laura, currently in the states. i'm sankyu, but sadly i haven't been able to train for almost two years now. my university is making a club for the next school year so i hope i can get back to it!

and best of luck nynn!!  

LaurelinRe

10,875 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

WolfCarson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:58 am
Damn, we got a nice mix of members. This is cool.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:18 am
I'm not a participant at all. sad  

Mayor Gravity

Questionable Borg

Chia Toma

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:09 pm
yay it's nice to have so many different peoples though, there's lots of things to talk about which is cool.

I can't wait to get back to kendo but I've got a few months to go yet, will have to actually check my stuff cause it hasn't been used for a while.

Did untangle the strings from my Men though, as somehow I hadn't put them away correctly but a good tidy up is what they're going to need

and definately break a leg - theatrical term, not literal - on the san-dan attempt Nynn. I should have really gone for my Dan grade before I went to the second uni but didn't have the time or the resources.

It shall be interesting going back  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:36 pm
Yea it's nice to have such a mix of cultures. I'm American so i wasn't really expecting so many European members. ^_^
good luck nynn if you pass then you be equal to the highest senpai at my dojo. >w<

@Chia: if there wasn't the issue of the atlantic ocean i'd offer to train with you. it's the thought that counts i guess.  

amsharp

Chia Toma

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:46 pm
yeah that pond is such a hassle lol  
ChitChat

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items