Time for Novels and Magazines
Time for Fashions and radio
Time for Television and gardens
Time for parties and parades
Time for everything under the sun
Except for God

And after awhile, when You need God and need Him badly --

Will He have time for you?

"My people have forgotten me days without number." (Jeremiah 2:32)

"Forgotten" says J. H. Jowett, "is an intense and awful word. It surely expresses the final issue in human alienation from the Divine. Open and deliberate revolt against God shows, at any rate, some respect for His power. And even formal prayer, empty though it be, offers some recognition of God's existance. But to forget Him, to live and plan and work as though He were not, to dismiss Him as significant -- this is surely the last expression of a separated life . . . Our lives can become so vagrant that God is exiled from our minds. It seems as though there is something in vagrancy that stupefies the soul, and rander us insensitive to our true home and rest in God."

The Perilous Times are Here

The description Paul gave of the perilous times to come so accurately fits the present day, both in Church and out. Lovers of God? Oh, no! "Lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents . . . traitors . . . Lovers of pleasure more than the lovers of God." (2 Timothy 3:1 - 4) Has it come to pass -- time for everything under the sun but God?

Paul even foresaw the decline in religion, for he says, "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof (vs 5). What was the power in the days when church was a power, and souls were converted? It was God's Holy Spirit, a whole Bible (not mutilated), and the real gospel calling men to turn from sin to God, to be saved through a once crucified but now living Christ.

But now all that is out of fashion. The Holy Spirit is ignored; the Bible (What's left of it) is fixed up to suit ourselves; conversion is not necessary; dead churches have gone modern; traitors are in the pulpits, repeating the Apostles' Creed and later denying the whole thing. Christ is either left our or brought down to the level of a mare man. "We don't care about the Gospel, anymore. Give us pageants, plays, 'social uplift,' and put the soft pedal on sin (even if our children do go to ruin); and don't mention the Blood. It offends our polite (itching) ears." With modernism and the man-made religions increasing, and atheism casting its deadly blight, the way is fast opening up for the antichrist. The worst that can happen to a person or a nation is to be God-forsaken.

The Cruelest Text in the Bible

"Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap" (Galatians 6:8 ). Not that God makes it cruel for himself by taking up some selfish, fleshly appetite that will surely bring him to want. He wants what he cannot get, for there will be no earthly thing in the region of hell to satisfy a depraved appetite. In that place, people not only will be "weeping and wailing" over lost oppotunities to be saved, gone forever, but souls will see what they missed.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33). Test it out.

Find time for God, and He will have time for you.

"Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you" (James 4:8 )

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:45 pm
Thank you. This is very thought provoking. It makes me reassess myself so much.  

Fide et Amore

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:30 am
Well working pays the bills. Without having the time to work, how can you pay your bills and make sure your kids are fed?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:35 am
I don't think I did recall for saying that you cannot work. But even at work, you can still have time for God. When I worked at Wal-mart, not only did I memorize verses, songs, and poems, I also talk to God when I am working. And I share to people about the Lord as well. That is also spending time with God, because you are doing His Will.

But the way that I described it, what are we doing in our free time? Why do we have free time to begin with? We can do many things in our free time, like pray, read the Bible, meditating on the Word, sharing the Gospel, and many, many more things. That is also spending time with Him.  

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:49 am
Thistle_Whistle
I don't think I did recall for saying that you cannot work. But even at work, you can still have time for God. When I worked at Wal-mart, not only did I memorize verses, songs, and poems, I also talk to God when I am working. And I share to people about the Lord as well. That is also spending time with God, because you are doing His Will.

But the way that I described it, what are we doing in our free time? Why do we have free time to begin with? We can do many things in our free time, like pray, read the Bible, meditating on the Word, sharing the Gospel, and many, many more things. That is also spending time with Him.
I’ll erase this feeling…
I still have a long life don’t I?
kono omoi wo keshiteshimau ni ha
mada jinsei nagai deshou?
Simple we have time to unload from the long stressful work day or work week. It's the time we do other things to keep our minds off of the things that stressed us out. It's called a de-stress period. Stress can cause multiple issues with your health, mind and body so it's good to utilize what's known as free-time as a way to destress or get rid of stress.

And who really knows what people do inside the privacy of their home or their mind. They may be silently praying while playing video games or doing other things. You're not God so how would a mortal like you know.
I’m missing the feeling…
so this pain is also welcomed!
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:08 pm
Isaiah 29:13 Then the Lord said, "Because this people draw near with their words And honor Me with their lip service, But they remove their hearts far from Me, And their reverence for Me consists of tradition learned by rote,

Matthew 15:8
'THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS, BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME.

keep God with you EVERY DAY think of him at least once

Praise isn't just a service to God
IT IS A WEAPON AGAINST SATAN!!!!  

woogie87

Steadfast Informer

9,300 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Defender 100

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:19 am
woogie87
Isaiah 29:13 Then the Lord said, "Because this people draw near with their words And honor Me with their lip service, But they remove their hearts far from Me, And their reverence for Me consists of tradition learned by rote,

Celeblin
What Satan is in Judaism:

Satan is the servant of God (Talmud, several books, such as Baba Bathra 15 and 16) and has to receive permission to operate (the Book of Job, chapter 1). Because of his asking of permission to torment Job, he is believed by Rabbis in the Talmud to not possess free will. In Jewish angelology, Ha-Satan is a title meaning accuser given to the Angel of Death, Samael, in his role as the Accuser of Man. You have to remember, in Judaism, God created Good and Evil, and as such, he can both glorify and punish, and Satan is one of those instruments of punishments. He torments man, so that the may overcome said torment and persevere. He's not entirely bad in that sense, but he does a dirty job so that man can learn from it and better themselves.

Jewish Angels are a pretty foreign concept to the west. We see angels as foofy guardian spirits that just help you and shine lights in your heart and all that good s**t. We don't really think about the descriptions of angels in the bible (which are horrifying. Dozens of eyes and hundreds of wings and flaming tongues and so on), and the angels which do some pretty nasty s**t in the bible, like rain fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, or guard Eden with a flaming sword. We aren't so much dealing with cute baby cherubs here as we are the servitors of a war God.

This mini-info dump mainly explains how Satan isn't an enemy of God but a servant of God. Learn to read within context.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:21 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
woogie87

Celeblin

Satan is the servant of God (Talmud, several books, such as Baba Bathra 15 and 16) and has to receive permission to operate (the Book of Job, chapter 1). Because of his asking of permission to torment Job, he is believed by Rabbis in the Talmud to not possess free will. In Jewish angelology, Ha-Satan is a title meaning accuser given to the Angel of Death, Samael, in his role as the Accuser of Man. You have to remember, in Judaism, God created Good and Evil, and as such, he can both glorify and punish, and Satan is one of those instruments of punishments. He torments man, so that the may overcome said torment and persevere. He's not entirely bad in that sense, but he does a dirty job so that man can learn from it and better themselves.

Jewish Angels are a pretty foreign concept to the west. We see angels as foofy guardian spirits that just help you and shine lights in your heart and all that good s**t. We don't really think about the descriptions of angels in the bible (which are horrifying. Dozens of eyes and hundreds of wings and flaming tongues and so on), and the angels which do some pretty nasty s**t in the bible, like rain fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, or guard Eden with a flaming sword. We aren't so much dealing with cute baby cherubs here as we are the servitors of a war God.

This mini-info dump mainly explains how Satan isn't an enemy of God but a servant of God. Learn to read within context.

First, God did not create evil (Genesis 1:31 God saw all that He had made, and it was very good.). Evil is the absence of, or to be more precise; the rejection of God.
Also, according to Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Satan is an evil entity!! John 8:44-45 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!  

Orizion

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:14 am
Orizion
xLady Tsukiyox
woogie87

Celeblin

First, God did not create evil (Genesis 1:31 God saw all that He had made, and it was very good.). Evil is the absence of, or to be more precise; the rejection of God.
Also, according to Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Satan is an evil entity!! John 8:44-45 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!
Actually in Isaiah it says that God created God. And he created Evil. As God he is the creator of all things.

And read Job. It proves Jewish Canon to be true and whatever bullshit your pastor told you to be false. In fact ask your neighborhood friendly Rabbi about Ha-Satan and if he's evil or not. Chances are he'll tell you that Ha-Satan isn't. And he'll probably tell you to stop being a culture rapist. In other words try reading your Bible a little closer and with in context.

I never knew that Christianity had it's own fluffy bunnies till a few days ago. I thought it was just Paganism.

Also I trust Celeblin more than you because she is a classicist and has studied mythos and Jewish mythos more closely.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:22 am
To: xLady Tsukiyox

Hold on here. God is not a created being. He did not create Himself, nor could He do so.

Satan is evil. When God created him, He created him as a pirfict being. Satan chose to fall. Therefore Satan made himself evil by rebelling against God. Evil is the oppisit of Good.

God is good and all he makes is good. He can't make anything evil, for it's against His very nature to do so.

Why do you to choose trust in a teatching, when the very people that have made it, have twisted the very truth it was founded on until the teatching doesn't even resemble the founding truth?

Please, when you go to read your bible; pray that God will teach you his word and give you, into your heart, His truth and understaning of His word. Then you will know, you have His truth and understanding in your heart.

"Grace be with all those who
love our Lord Jesus Christ in sencerity Amen" Ephesians 6:24  

Essauw

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:25 pm
Essauw
To: xLady Tsukiyox

Hold on here. God is not a created being. He did not create Himself, nor could He do so.

Satan is evil. When God created him, He created him as a pirfict being. Satan chose to fall. Therefore Satan made himself evil by rebelling against God. Evil is the oppisit of Good.

God is good and all he makes is good. He can't make anything evil, for it's against His very nature to do so.

Why do you to choose trust in a teatching, when the very people that have made it, have twisted the very truth it was founded on until the teatching doesn't even resemble the founding truth?

Please, when you go to read your bible; pray that God will teach you his word and give you, into your heart, His truth and understaning of His word. Then you will know, you have His truth and understanding in your heart.

"Grace be with all those who
love our Lord Jesus Christ in sencerity Amen" Ephesians 6:24
I’ll erase this feeling…
I still have a long life don’t I?
kono omoi wo keshiteshimau ni ha
mada jinsei nagai deshou?
This thread is dead but...

YHVH may not be a created thing, however Yeshua is a creation.

YHVH is the creator of all things, and this also includes Ha-Satan. YHVH created Ha-Satan to be his tester. As most angels, Ha-Satan has no way to go against YHVH.

Ha-Satan's one and only role in life is to test us. Not to go against YHVH. Not to oppose him. No. It's to test us to see if we are worthy of being with YHVH, the Father. In the Book of Job, it is evident. Even when Yeshua talks with Ha-Satan it is evident of what Ha-Satan's role actually is.

The popular teaching of Satan is an evil being is a bastardization of the Bible itself and of Jewish canon. To gain a better grasp of Ha-Satan, it would be best to read the original version of the Bible: the Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic. :3
I’m missing the feeling…
so this pain is also welcomed!
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out