Rules (are subject to change with out warning if we notice something needs to be more clearly defined)
1. In order to be eligible for the prize at the end, the participant must submit a drawing every day for a consecutive 100 days in a row, using the themes given. Participants will have the choice of 1 out of 56!!! different themes per day to choose from.
2. If none of the themes inspire you, you could draw requested avi art for our art collectors instead, to replace that day's themes. You may do this as many times as you'd like, but you're encouraged to try the themes if you can. :3
3. Daily themes will be changing everyday at midnight (12am) Eastern Time Zone. So be sure you post your creation before the time swap, as failure to do so will eliminate your chances of being in the art raffle at the end of the event. Early entries are also not accepted. Basically, you must post your entry between 12am and 12am of the correct day.
4. If you miss a day, turn in a drawing late, etc, you are welcome to still participate for fun, even though you are not eligible for the raffle at the end.
5. No MULES please.
6. We must be able to properly associate one of the day's themes with the art piece (unless it's a request). Feel free to be inspired by the themes, rather than interpreting them literally. If the theme is not obvious in your piece, please explain the connection to the theme when you post the picture. Examples of how to interpret themes: "bumble bee" can be a bee, the car or even the transformer. "India" can be Indian landscape or architecture, people, culture, fashion, etc. Our goal is to encourage creativity rather than stifle it... but we have to be able to follow your logic. You'll get a private warning if we feel you're consistently straying too far from the themes.
7. Media can be anything you'd like, including non-visual media like poetry, prose, or music. If you produce a long written work, please excerpt a short snippet that makes the theme obvious. If you have any question about producing a non-visual entry, just ask the other mods.
8. For people who don't post daily but would like to occasionally post large quantities of pictures, please post all images in chronological order. We prefer if they are also already formatted in url code. (URL code is the little button at the top of the text box when posting that says URL, just beside Quote and Code, on the same level as Bold text, Italicize text and underline text, click this and post the link of your image in the first text box, and then the number of the theme in the second text box fallowed by a " , " to help separate them.)
and if you have any questions feel free to ask myself, Shestval, Little China Doll or Drakokatze : ) We don't bite, really! This is meant to be fun.
Q: is it ok to submit in more than one medium?
A: YES!!! this is a time to try new things explore and go out of your comfort zone to. So have fun with it : )
Q: I don't see my entry updated to the front page!!
A: Please make sure that a mod (Kai_Chi, Shestval, Drakokatze, DoLL) has posted "Updated" after your entry post. If there is one and you still don't see it in the front page, post again stating your concern along with the page number in where your post is located and we'll fix that right up! : )
Q: What the hell is up with these themes??? They're terrible!
A: All the mods (but especially Shestval) have put a lot of time into the daily themes! We hard try to have themes that appeal to everyone. Here is the thought process behind the themes:
Theme 1 is usually an art-related challenge
Theme 2 is usually abstract
Theme 3 is always an animal
Theme 4 is always a place
Theme 5 is a catch-all category
Theme 6 is wacky! Shestval's goofy little brother came up with these themes.
Every now and then, you may have to google a theme. This is expected, so don't get hung up on it!
Q: Are there any special rewards for certain days?
A: Yes! If you do an "Extra challenge" theme, you get a freebie chit that allows you to miss one day's art or erase a late drawing. When you get a chit, the mod will put a mark by your name and later delete the mark when you use it.
Always looking for art of Devi, in different clothing styles. She is 700+ years old. Looks human enough, with a sliiiight twist XP she is a vampire Devi
Rith could use some different art, people seem to ignore him ; . ; not sure why.
The twins Rock and Robyn, really desperate for pictures of them together, but alone is fine. Rock and Robyn
Last: I am not sure this can be done, but I have two dear friends who have OC's. Panda\'s and Fae. Each char has their own section.
In case you would be willing to draw for them instead of me. Since I really want them to be cheered up. <All three of us have pretty stressful lives atm>
This dream avi is based off of November items, so I've duly named him November. Adding to that, I have a horoscope personality that goes perfectly with him.
Extremely adorable. Loves to joke. Very good sense of humor. Will try almost anything once. Loves to be pampered.
Energetic. Predictable. GREAT kisser. Always get what they want. Attractive. Loves being in long relationships. Talkative.
Loves to party, but at times to the extreme. Loves the smell and feel of money and is good at making it, but just as good at spending it!
Very protective over loved ones. hard worker. Romantic. Caring.
Hopfully that gives enough inspiration for the artist
These are my top favorites Just click them and it'll link you to Tektek with a list of their items.
But if the artist is looking for other things they want to draw, my others are here! Feel free to even draw my current avi!
As a personal note to artists, feel free to draw my dream avatars with any type of personality you want. Its your art, so you should do whatever you feel like.
Request :  
I'll say artist freedom for this one. Draw whatever you like and you can take pieces off cause I know its a cluttered. I may add a different design for 2014 after I figure out what that will be.
All information for my OC's is provided in the links along with several reference pictures and some character sheets under the "IMAGES" tabs.
And for the people who don't like links or reading a lot of stuff about the characters, I have just the images of the characters in the first three posts of this thread
Some important stuff to know that may not be clear based on the reference images:
- The face-paint on Dell's nose should be vertical, not horizontal.
- Dell's hair is chin length.
- Sage's hair is wavy.
- Sage uses magic (mostly manipulation of nature).
- Cecily's hair reaches to her knees.
- In her mermaid form, Cecily doesn't wear any clothing (not even a bra). If you're uncomfortable doing that, however, the bra is perfectly fine.
- In her human form, Cecily only wears dress, and they're always colorful and typically above her knees.
- I encourage making changes to the outfits in the reference pictures. Make up a whole new outfit if you want to.
I'd like to throw in my avi (robot kitty) as a request xD
c u t i e f u l l
No specific requests on poses or anything like that, just draw them to how you feel fits that particular avatar!
Or just generally whatever my current is. this atm, with the griefstache item words all over... doesn't show on the white background >
Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:04 pm
Past themes (1-50)
01. Draw someone in an emotional state, Dreams, Koala, Greece, Spaceman, Frog pocket
02. Challenge: draw your bedroom, Sisters, Llama, The Baltic Sea, Falling leaves, Steak attack
03. Style: Propaganda poster, Child's play, Cricket, Amusement park, Cops and robbers, Crafty hair
04. Use this color palette, Limbo, Cat, Great Wall of China, Fishnet, Carrot in a skirt
05. Medium: pastel (dry or oil), Secret, Pig, Panama, Food, Draw a character from a syndicated newspaper comic in anime style
06. Monochrome red, Expectations, Crab, Sweden, Flowers, Archive binge
07. Fashion: give a character a 90s makeover, Standing still, Griffin, Morocco, Makeup, Goat wearing people clothes
08. Draw a picture using only dots (pointillism), After the flood, Ladybug, The North Pole, Lure, Rocket taco
09. Style: Art Nouveaux, Dying, Ox, Factory, Jewel-encrusted, My Little Pony crossover
10. Finish/improve and earlier drawing, Danger ahead, Camel, Death Valley, Partner in Crime, Lumpy cutie
11. Reinterpret a story/character from mythology, Starvation, Ant Lion, America, Summer sunset, Mushroom world
12. Tutorial: Pick a tutorial from this list and create art using it! (If you've got one you've been itching to try out, link a mod), Drive, Coyote, Switzerland, Legs, Macro
13. Style: pin-up, Filter, Crow, School, Two roads, Mollusc mouth
14. Color palette, Light, Pterodactyl, New Zealand, Iridescence, Cave of Crave
15. Medium: vector, Waiting, Beetle, Bridge, Bark, Create a new Mega evolution for a Pokemon
16. Monochrome gray/black, Fortitude, Dog, Saturn, Good luck charm, Cloud city
17. Fashion: give a character an 80's makeover, Mother Nature, Triceratops, Mississippi River, Blood, Unlikely magical girl
18. Extra challenge: Make a thread in the freebie forum and draw at least 3 freebies! Please link back to the guild!, Break away, (Electric) eel, The Nile, Reality TV, Electric Trombone
19. Style: anime, Can you hear me?, Sea urchin, Mars, Cocktail, Something is wrong with the moon
20. Finish/improve an earlier drawing, Chinese New Year (wood horse), Jellyfish, The South Pole, Your favorite game, Man eating pistachios
21. Draw a picture with objects hidden inside, Abandoned, Hawk, Arabia, Fancy dessert, Make a paper doll
22. Draw a movie star, Childhood, Platypus, Rome, Unexpected guest, Remember pogs?
23. Style: realism, Beat of your own drum, Lizard, Railroad, Mascot, Monster repellant
24. Tutorial: Pick a tutorial from this list and create art using it! (If you've got one you've been itching to try out, link a mod), Heal, Moth, Mt. Rushmore, Whispered secret, Wraparound snake
25. Medium: Watercolor, Night, Monkey, Eiffel Tower, Sport, Nudibrach (google image search! They are so cool)
26. Monochrome gold, Melody, Ray, Singapore, Beauty contest, Emoticon
27. Fashion: give a characters a 70s makeover, Safety, Boar, Forest, Trip, Friday cephalopod
28. Color palette, Teamwork, Hummingbird, Egypt, Waltz, Two+ anime characters are presidential candidates! Hold a debate
29. Style: gothic, Drowning, Phoenix, 24h store, Leader, Wigeon eclipse
30. Finish/improve an earlier drawing, My own worst enemy, Salamander, Gulf of Mexico, Unlikely hero, Wooly bear
31. Create an art tutorial, Breathe again, Seal, American Southwest, Slimy friend, Powder crowd
32. Medium: crayon, Magic, Butterfly, Kenya, Sketchbook, The worst present
33. Style: Native American/Amerindien, Relaxation, Chameleon, Versailles, Voodoo, Willy's real rear wheel
34. Monochrome purple/violet, Last hope, Shrew, Jupiter, Moon landing, Lipids in excess, Valentine's Day
35. Extra challenge part 1: Draw one of the requests as lineart only! (must also do tomorrow's part for freebie chit), Up, up, and away!, Catfish, Music studio, Create a New Yorker cartoon, caption: "Christ, what an a*****e!"
36. Extra challenge part 2: Color somone\'s lineart from the previous day, Annoyance, Shell, London, Eyes, Cheeky gargler
37. Draw the leader of your country, All that I have, Koi, Mt Kilimanjaro, Words, Opossum wearing frumpy clothes
38. Color palette, Tiny death, Wolf, Atlantis, Snack, "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to ________!"
39. Style: graffiti, Born again, Fox, Classroom, Car, Conch-cowrie-cone
40. Finish/improve an earlier drawing, No way out, Lion, Hogwarts, Tears, Dubstep personified
41. Tutorial: Pick a tutorial from list provided and create art using it!, Dark, Dove, Himalayas, Elven, Flaming skull
42. Design a holiday party invitation for any holiday you'd like, Innocent, Wolverine, Desert, Tea party, A fruit or vegetable (other than a pumpkin) made into a jack-o-lantern
43. Style: Impressionism, Sorrow, Sea mnster, Hungary, Rated, Cranberry plasma
44. Fashion: Give a character a 60s makeover, Quarantine, T-Rex, Glacier, Sky, Whatever George Takei posts on Facebook today
45. Medium: pixel or MS Paint, Mirror, Mouse, Airport, Horror, Tinyman in Hugeland!
46. Monochrome blue, Nobility, Mastodon, Apartment, Your favorite song, My dad can beat up your dad
47. Paint a picture using colors and shapes (no sketch/lines first), Test, Buck, Fiji, Heaven, Armadillo wearing athletic clothes
48. Fashion: Give a character a 50s makeover, Happiness, Whale, El Dorado, Simpsons, Breaking the fourth wall
49. Reinterpret a story/character from a fairytale, Solitude, Songbird, Transylvania, Man's best friend, Shakos and kepis are back in style!
50. Finish/improve an earlier drawing, Through the fire, Chinchilla, Cavern, Haunted house, Magical mystery sewer
Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:12 pm
Past themes (51-100)
51. Color palette, Rejection, Duck, Camelot, Hands, Mary Sue
52. Style: Pop art, Deadly sin(s), Owl, Korea, Rainy autumn, Barrel full of [sea] monkeys
53. Style: Cubism, Deep in thought, Alligator, Amazon, Breakfast cereal, Intolerably cute
54. Tutorial: Pick a tutorial from list provided and create art using it!, Obscured, Gorilla, Log cabin, Friend, Dubstep musical
Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:14 pm
Participants older post
(Below is where participants earlier submissions will be posted to keep the main post clean/up to date with only the most recent posts... and because gaia has a limit on how much text we can put into one post so we eventually have to do this any ways)