Hilly White
Captain

Generous Tipper

8,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:53 pm
What are your favorite make-up styles? What do you where in your daily life?
^w^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:56 am
Finding a foundation that matches my VERY pale skin is a pain. I even went to a beauty counter and the closest one they could match me to was the Lancome Teint Miracle in Ivory. Though it's still has a bit of a yellow/orange tint to it. I have to use a VERY light amount and blend well so that it's not noticeable.

I'm so white I had a friend tell me that all I need is glitter and I'm a Twilight vampire. BB Creams have been helpful for me though, so I'm not too worried. smilies/icon_cool.gif  

Laili

Friendly Bookworm

Shark Bacon

Romantic Phantom

9,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:03 pm
I do really, REALLY simple makeup styles. Just some eyeliner, natural brownish colored shadow, and mascara.

I would love to know how to do a smokey eye, though. I mean, I guess I can google stuff, but everytime I do it, I feel like I look like a prostitute. It looks like SO MUCH all over my face.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:31 am
I use concealer then powder for my breakouts and oily t-zone.
For everyday wear I use black eyeliner on my bottom lid and tight-line my upper lashes, shimmery creme/pale-gold eyeshadow, brown mascara, and since my eyelashes are super straight I curl them.

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Hilly White
Captain

Generous Tipper

8,800 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:38 am
jesusgirl115 Wrote:
For everyday wear I use black eyeliner on my bottom lid and tight-line my upper lashes, shimmery creme/pale-gold eyeshadow, brown mascara, and since my eyelashes are super straight I curl them.

I've always seen brown mascara in the store, but I've never known anyone to wear it, I think it's neat that you do! yummy_smilies/icon_puddi.gif
Brown mascara never seems to make my eyes pop :/
What color eyes do you have? ^^

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:11 pm
My basic make up routine:
-concealer under my eyes
-BB cream
-even more concealer
-pink blush
-translucent setting powder
-white eyeliner on bottom, black liquid liner on top (usually cat eyes with nude eyeshadow)
-tons of mascara and/or fake eyelashes
-pink lipstick
-lipgloss

So I pretty much just do gyaru makeup every day. Except I don't wear circle lenses and I usually don't do any contouring.  

Zhaba

Dapper Dabbler

Hilly White
Captain

Generous Tipper

8,800 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:38 am
Everyone keeps mentioning BB cream.. I think I need to get some!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:48 am
I'm not a big makeup person, cause idk feels unnatural for me but if I do I just stick with some concealer and a bit of eye-liner and lip gloss.
However, on halloween that's a different story, skating competitions too~  

illumimi

Fuzzy Fatcat

12,250 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Pinkie GlitterKinz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:00 am
I use BH cosmetics, eye shadow Primer from sephora, Also sugarpill has great eye shadow really worth the money. I always get complimented on my Eye shadow where ever i go so if you need tips you can ask. Make up is one of the few things that make me sane lol  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:39 am
MiniiMochii Wrote:
jesusgirl115 Wrote:

I've always seen brown mascara in the store, but I've never known anyone to wear it, I think it's neat that you do! yummy_smilies/icon_puddi.gif

lol, well I prefer black mascara but I bought some crap stuff that just clumps and now I'm using my brown until it runs out. I don't notice it making my eyes pop very much but it gives them the volume that I need so that's why I use it. And my eyes are green, changing shades with my clothes.

But if you wear little to no eyeliner/shadow brown is sometimes a good idea because it's not as dramatic as black and more natural for some.

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:40 am
Okay, excuse my ignorance but while I hear of BB cream all the time what exactly is it for?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:14 pm
jesusgirl115 Wrote:
MiniiMochii Wrote:
jesusgirl115 Wrote:

lol, well I prefer black mascara but I bought some crap stuff that just clumps and now I'm using my brown until it runs out. I don't notice it making my eyes pop very much but it gives them the volume that I need so that's why I use it. And my eyes are green, changing shades with my clothes.

But if you wear little to no eyeliner/shadow brown is sometimes a good idea because it's not as dramatic as black and more natural for some.

I think that's great advice for me! Some days I've been wanting a simple look because I'm not really going out but I don't want to just be in pajamas all day. And I notice if I put the very vibrant black mascara on and nothing else, it sort of looks strange and unfinished lol. But brown mascara sounds like it be perfect for a simple lazy day for me! ^__^  

Hilly White
Captain

Generous Tipper

8,800 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Love Machine 150

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:52 pm
MiniiMochii Wrote:
jesusgirl115 Wrote:
MiniiMochii Wrote:
jesusgirl115 Wrote:

I think that's great advice for me! Some days I've been wanting a simple look because I'm not really going out but I don't want to just be in pajamas all day. And I notice if I put the very vibrant black mascara on and nothing else, it sort of looks strange and unfinished lol. But brown mascara sounds like it be perfect for a simple lazy day for me! ^__^

lol yeah I have the same problem!
When my friend first started wearing makeup 3 years ago she went to a really nice makeup counter and they gave her some tips, and the lady told her, 'since your not wearing eyeshadow or anything black would look out of place. but brown will give your eyes a nice pop.'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:26 pm
jesusgirl115 Wrote:
Okay, excuse my ignorance but while I hear of BB cream all the time what exactly is it for?

Oh, man BB cream is awesome. It's a moisturizer/pore filler/sunblock/foundation all mixed together and it's really light. I use Garnier's brand and it's pretty good, but everyone says that Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream is the best drugstore BB cream available. I actually saw some at the CVS by my house earlier this week for $8 and I considered getting it, but I already had over $20 of cosmetics in my basket. I wish I had realized that they had it at CVS for such a low price, I paid $12 for my tube of Garnier BB cream at Ulta. :/  

Zhaba

Dapper Dabbler

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:52 am
Zhaba Wrote:
jesusgirl115 Wrote:

Oh, man BB cream is awesome. It's a moisturizer/pore filler/sunblock/foundation all mixed together and it's really light. I use Garnier's brand and it's pretty good, but everyone says that Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream is the best drugstore BB cream available. I actually saw some at the CVS by my house earlier this week for $8 and I considered getting it, but I already had over $20 of cosmetics in my basket. I wish I had realized that they had it at CVS for such a low price, I paid $12 for my tube of Garnier BB cream at Ulta. :/

So I assume you use it all over your face, do you get a tint/color that matches your skin tone? or go a little lighter or darker?
And you use this underneath concealer? Is it important to put anything on top of it to seal it or make it look natural?

Is there one you would recommend for a very light skin tone/aka-pale-as-all-get-out?

♥☆BEAUTY☆ ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff