Welcome to Gaia! ::

Role Play Nation!

Back to Guilds

A Roleplay Safe Haven 

Tags: Active, Dark, Adventure, Comedy, hang out 

Reply Private Roleplays: 1x1, 1x1x1, 2x2 only.
The New Arrival (DaveyxLucky) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:18 pm
The New Arrival

Otto was a two-year-old pure-bred male German Shepherd. (That’s 14 in dog years.) His owners, the Schneiders, consisted of Robert Schneider, Sarah Schneider, their seven-year-old son Robert Jr., their four-year-old daughter Christy, and their two-and-a-half-year-old daughter Susan. (While Susan was chronologically older than Otto, she was still more or less a pup, and prone to certain types of annoying behavior. Being a well-mannered dog, Otto stoically endures all of the ear-grabbing and tail-pulling.) Otto has been with the Schneiders ever since he was a pup. Not only is he a full-fledged member of the family, he eagerly embraces his role as Defender of the Realm, so to speak, which consisted of the Schneider home and the large fenced-in property that the home sits on. (Otto believes that the fence is there to keep the bad guys out, and so is blissfully unaware of the fact that it is also meant to keep him from running around the neighborhood and leaving ‘doggie presents’ on the neighbors’ lawns.) No insidious thief or foul evil-doer will dare tread upon Otto’s turf while he was on duty! Life was good and peaceful for Otto, but one day Robert Sr. brought home something very strange and disturbing! After carefully sniffing the air, Otto determined that the strange thing was… a cat! Oh no! Why did it have to be a cat? Otto couldn’t possibly share his happy home with a cat, could he? How could his loving owners do this to him?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:48 pm

Missy looked down at the strange thing sniffing her. She snuggled closer into her new owners arms. It was a dog! Why?! Why would these people bring her to a place with a dog? That was just mean! She hissed quietly at the dog. And here she thought they were rescuing her from that horrid kennel place. Here she was, a perfectly beautiful cat, only three years old, yet it had still taken her a week to get out of there. She was still harboring against her previous owners for taking her there. She didn't care what this 'moving' thing was. She still didn't think it was a reason to get rid of her. She hoped these new owners would be good, but now Missy was finding out they had a dog of all things!  

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Hero

12,850 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:39 pm
Otto was bristling a little as he looked up at the cat. If some other cat had wandered into his yard, he would have sent the beast packing as quickly as he could chase it to the fence. This cat, however, seemed to be under the protection of Otto's owners, as witnessed by how Robert Sr. was holding the cat. Robert must have sensed Otto's discontent because he said soothingly, "Now be nice, Otto. She's a member of the family, just as you are, and I expect you to treat her as such." Otto had been thinking that things couldn't get worse, but they had. The cat was a female! That meant, among the usual annoyances that a cat brought, there might be kittens at some point in time. Otto was irritated enough to express his displeasure, but just then Sarah toddled up on her still-somewhat unsteady legs. "Kitty!" she exclaimed with delight as she held out her arms as if she was expecting her father to put the cat in her arms. "Not now, Susan," Robert Sr. gently replied. There was a hint of a smile on Otto's face, and he was thinking, 'Good luck with the girl pup, cat!' Of course the proper term was 'girl child', since all of Otto's owners were humans, but Otto was used to thinking in dog terms. Not that he really knew the correct term to begin with. He found it to be strange that all of Robert Sr. and Sarah's offspring still lived there, instead of going off to homes of their own, as Otto had done immediately after being weaned, but that was just one of the innumerable mysteries that made up human beings.

((OOC: FYI, about a couple months ago I adopted a stray cat. She looks a lot like Missy, except that my cat is pure black. Coincidentally I named her Lucky. Can you guess why?))  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Missy lifted her nose in a snug to the dog. As if she would be part of the same family as a dog! The idea was inconceivable. Missy was suddenly distracted by the call of the child. Oh no.....Just when she'd thought it couldn't get any worse. A dog and a child? What did she do to deserve this hell? She flattened her ears, determined not to let the child do anything to her. She sighed in relief, relaxing as her owner said no. At least there was some semblance of a brain in his strange human head. Obviously not a smart brain though. Otherwise she wouldn't be in this torture. Not wanting to stay and see what other tortures these new owners were going to inflict on her, Missy jumped out of his arms and raced off, running through the house as she searched for a safe spot she could hide from them all.

((Because Lucky is just an awesome name? smilies/icon_biggrin.gif Especially for a rescue.))

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Hero

12,850 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:27 pm
Even though Otto's first instinct was to give chase when the cat bolted, he knew that doing so will only incur the wrath of his owner, and so instead he merely watch the cat's departure. Susan, on the other hand, was under no compunction for giving chase, and so she had set off in pursuit of the cat. Fortunately for the cat, Susan didn't come even close to keeping up. Thanks to the normal attention span of a girl pup her age, Susan was quickly distracted by something else. After waiting an appropriate amount of time, Otto leisurely began to follow after the cat, using his keen sense of smell to track her down to where she had gone, probably off somewhere to hide. Not so that he could cause her harm or distress. Since the cat was there to stay, it was important for Otto to get her to understand how things stood there in the house.

((OOC: Yes, it is an awesome name, but that's not the reason. I'll give you a hint. What's the superstition about black cats?))  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Missy had a brief moment of worry when the human kitten tried chasing her, but that worry was soon dismissed. She was still young and toddling, no match for Missy's sleek racing stride. She made a quick tour of the house, checking the main areas. She avoided the bedrooms though, knowing from the supreme concentration of scent that they were personal rooms and would hold no escape routes for her. It didn't take long before Missy found what she wanted though. The living room had a tall bookcase against one wall, with nothing on top of it. It was perfect for her. It didn't take the agile cat even a moment before she had climbed all the way up. She sat on top, paws tucked under her chest as she watched everything below her. This was a beautiful spot to survey her new domain. She could see all the important comings and goings from here, while only the adult humans could even attempt to reach her.

((Oh! xD Because they're considered unlucky. Nice choice!))

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Hero

12,850 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:28 pm
It took a bit of tracking for Otto to catch up with the cat. Obviously she had been exploring the house while she had the chance. When he did catch up to her, he had to say that the place that she had chosen was a clever one. There was no way that he could get to her up there on the bookshelf, and the same applied to the young ones. Otto was rarely allowed on the furniture, and so the top of the bookshelf wouldn't be allowed either, assuming that he could get up there. Perhaps he felt just a tiny twinge of jealously, but he quickly brushed it aside. There was no reason for him to be jealous of a cat. Looking up at her, Otto said, "Now listen here, cat. I want to get a couple things straight. First, my name's Otto, but you may call me 'sir'. Second, because I'm the dog, I'm the one who's in charge around here. Understand?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Missy looked down at the dog as he approached her spot. His words had her blinking in shock. He wanted her to call him 'sir'? She actually began laughing. The very idea was ridiculous! She finally stopped laughing, giving Otto her most regal look. "First of all, you may call me 'Your Highness'. You have no need to know my proper name as you are most certainly not the one in charge. Everyone knows cats are the truly rulers of a house." She sniffed disdainfully.

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Hero

12,850 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:51 pm
Otto frowned in annoyance at the cat's response. He wasn't really surprised, though. During the brief dealing that he had endured with other cats, he had learned that they could be rather arrogant balls of fur. Naturally enough he wasn't about to call her 'Your Highness', but he had thought of an alternative that he found to be acceptable, and so he replied, "You can think that all you want, Your Catness, but we'll soon see about that! Just try to keep one thing in mind. Who is man's best friend? Why, the dog, of course!" Not that his remarks about how the dog was man's best friend had any direct bearing on the matter at hand.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Missy sniffed at his name for her. Well, he was just a stupid dog, so she would accept it. Maybe later she could teach him how to properly address her. She rolled her eyes, listening to his excuse. "You may be his best friend, but I am his ruler." She told Otto primly. "You'll see, soon enough. I will rule this nest." She sounded confident in her predicament.  

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Hero

12,850 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Upon hearing the cat's reply, Otto decided that the cat must be either clueless or delusional. Probably both. Before he could make an appropriate comeback, though, he heard the girl pup exclaim, "Otto!" A moment later she was eagerly glomping Otto around the neck and squeezing a little more tightly than Otto cared for. Even so, he bore this minor indignity with the same stoic resolve as before. Fortunately he then heard the girl pup's mother say, "Now, now Susan If I've told you once, I've told you a million times that you need to be gentle with Otto." "Yes, Mommy," susan replied as she let go of Otto. Looking up, she then pointed at the bookcase and declared, "Kitty!" Sarah looked up as well, and said to the cat, "Oh there you are! I've got your dinner!" She then showed the cat a can of Friskies® Classic Paté Chicken & Tuna Dinner. Having done that, Sarah went to the kitchen. Otto followed her because he was certain that it was time for his dinner as well. Just like he expected, his food bowl was filled to the brim with Kibbles ’n Bits® Homestyle Grilled Beef Steak & Vegetable Flavor dog food. Sarah opened the can of cat food, dumped the food on a small platter, spread the food around with a fork, and then placed the platter on the floor for the cat.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Missy smirked, seeing the youngest kitten of the house grabbing Otto. "If you were really in control, you wouldn't let her do that." She mocked him from her perch. She was most definitely glad that the human kitten couldn't reach her up here. She perked up though, interested in the mention of dinner. Her ears pricked up and she leaned forwards. She made no move to get down though. She was no dog, to just come when called. She would eat later, once the kitchen was quieter.  

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Hero

12,850 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Otto made short work of his food, and he was very satisfied with his meal. He had noticed that the cat hadn't come to eat as well, which seemed to be a bit strange to him. Of course cats were mysterious and inscrutable to begin with. After he had finished eating, he went through the pet door in the house's back door so that he could patrol his property. The backyard was enclosed with a fence made of wooden planks that were taller than the people, which ensured complete privacy in the backyard. The front yard, though, was enclosed with a chain-link fence. Otto checked the perimeter of backyard first, and then went to the front. There were a pair of gates in the fence in the front. One was the large gate that was across the driveway, while the other let people in from the sidewalk to the walk that led to the front door. Most people would put a 'Beware of Dog' sign on that smaller gate. Instead of that, Robert Sr. had attached a sign that read 'My German Shepherd can reach the fence in five seconds. Can you?' Of course Otto didn't know what the sign said, but he did know that a picture of a German Shepherd was on it, and so it was something for Otto to be proud of. Once the patrol was completed, he returned to the kitchen.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:16 am

Missy waited until Otto was gone from the kitchen before jumping down from her perch. She slunk into the kitchen, peering around cautiously. The rest of the family had cleared out of the room, leaving it quiet for now. Satisfied, Missy sauntered in as if she owned the place. She crouched at the plate of cat food, tucking her paws under her chest as she ate slowly, testing each bite. It was certainly different from what she'd been fed before. That horrid kennel place had used such dry, hard kibbles. This nice soft stuff was much better. It had a better taste too, she decided. She was still there, just finishing her meal as Otto returned. She flicked an ear towards his direction, hearing him come back, but she wasn't about to leave the last bites of her meal just because of some dog.  

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Hero

12,850 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100

Davey Word Hunter
Captain

Dedicated Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:25 pm

When Otto re-entered the house, he was half-expecting to see that the girl pup was playing with the cat's food, but the cat was there eating. She was watching him warily, but didn't seem to be inclined to back away from her food. Otto could respect her for that. "Enjoying your meal, Your Catness?" he asked in a condescending tone as he sat on the kitchen floor, "It smells kind of funky to me, but I guess that's your thing, isn't it? That might explain why you're so small." After a brief pause, he nodded in the direction of the room that his owners called the laundry room and he continued, "By the way, I noticed an interesting-looking box filled with sand that wasn't there before. Since you're new and the box is new, I was wondering if you knew what it's for." The box that he was referring to was the litter box that his owners had set up for the cat, and since he was ignorant of the things done to take care of an indoor cat, he was clueless as to what to call the box, along with what it was for.

Private Roleplays: 1x1, 1x1x1, 2x2 only.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games