Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hogwarts Dueling Club

Dueling sessions begin 5 o'clock, every Wednesday.
Just beneath the Clocktower Courtyard
All houses, second years and above are welcome!

Captain of the club is:
Taylor Olson, Ravenclaw

Overseer is:
Professor Amorocho of Alchemy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:34 pm
Member List

Dominik Knapp of House Hufflepuff
                                                                            Ronald Quinn-Smith of House Hufflepuff
                                                                            Brianna Quinn-Smith of House Slytherin
                                                                            Pepijn Ter Avest of House Gryffindor

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:35 pm
Announcements

Congratulations to Edric Nott, the club's newest leader!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm
Sign In Sheet

If your character's name is not on the list and it should be, PM Essy ze Ninja with the following code. Edit all (parenthesis) notations with your characters information.

[b](CHARACTER'S NAME) of House [color=(FIREBRICK/ DARKBLUE/ DARKGOLDENROD/ GREEN)] (CHARACTER'S HOUSE) [/color][/b]

Ex)

Annabelle Rich of House Slytherin

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:30 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

Fifth Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

Jubilant, Belle felt the breeze blustering through her hair, whipping blonde locks of curls behind her shoulder and mid way down her back. A leisure tank top, shorts, and hoodie guarded her from the cold, but she was far too excited to pay any mind to the weather. A bulletin had been posted in her dormitory depicting the start of her dueling club, now she need only wait.

In the meantime, she brandished her long wand of hornbeam from her back pocket, set it to a twirl as the training dummies the professor of alchemy had graciously given to her were charmed and lifted being divided out evenly under the clock tower courtyard.

Desires: Perfection
Troubles: Patience

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:17 am
How did we get here? When I used to know you so well?

Marina Eugenie Aldred, Proud Halfblood, Slytherin Second Year
Wearing
Mood: Nervous and excited
Thoughts: This is the place, right?
With: Annabelle

Marina entered the court yard, the breeze stirring her red curls, but her hair was pulled back with a black headband to keep it from flying into her face. She spotted Annabelle Rich immediately and approached, slightly nervous but not showing it in her perfectly composed expression. "Excuse me, is this the right place for Dueling Club?" she asked politely, fingering the edge of her sweater. She was excited for the club, anyway. She'd gleefully written her parents about it, and her father's reaction had been as expected: Don't get any ideas, young lady. She'd signed up with a smirk the next day. It wasn't that her father didn't want her to participate because she was a girl; he didn't want her to participate because to him it was just another reminder that his only child was planning on becoming an auror. But she didn't care, she was going to be one regardless. Her father could scold and her mother could worry all they wanted; they couldn't stop her.

"Endurance is nobler than strength and has more patience than beauty."

How did we get here? Well I think I know...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:08 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image
Darius came to the spot were the dueling club was and saw two older girls. "Hi" He said trying not to show much in the way of emotion. He recognized one as the team seeker. At least he could say he kinda knew a few people here.
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:44 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

Fifth Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════════════════════════╗

"Yes, you're in the right place, I'm Belle, it's nice to meet you." The vivacious blonde grinned, gesturing the student closer, another one was sweeping just over the small hill to the plateau beneath the clock tower. She had seen the young redhead around the common room, though most notably had to have been during the feast-- when she was engaged in conversation with Ronyo Storm...

Speaking of which, she wondered when he might show, hell, she had never had the chance to ask if he'd over see this with her.

"So, let me see if I can remember, you're Marina, right? And you..? Darius, correct?" She wondered with the tilt of her head, an ivory hand gesturing them closer. "Have you ever performed expelliarmus in a practice duel?" She inquired, her blinking green eyes glancing at the two. The spell was a simple first year spell, but, most had never used it with the exception of that week it was learned, and by turn by turn practice.

Desires: Perfection
Troubles: Patience

╚════════════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:18 pm
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Sixth Year
Clock Tower Courtyard/ Dueling Club

Ronyo found himself a bit worried but also incredibly excited about the revival of the dueling club. He had only been able to join the last one for one term after which Tamara had graduated and the club had not been reformed. Now he could have another avenue to improve his dueling skills and become even stronger. It would also help to break the wall that now hampered Ronyo’s fundamental focusing techniques. The emotional block was proving to be an odd opponent as it was obvious in its appearance but difficult to find a weak spot on.

Coming to the courtyard Ronyo saw Belle and Marina which put a smile on the boy’s face. Ronyo was beginning to learn more and more about Belle as the years went on, her enjoyment in Quidditch and now the dueling club showed someone else than how she tried to come off in her younger year. Now Ronyo would get to see what base skills Marina had as well when it came to dueling. After all if he was going to be handing over the responsibility of the Chimera club to Marina and the other three they would need to be able to defend themselves and others. The other one there was Darius, one of the first years who tried out for the house team. It would be good to see how he faired here as well; it seemed he had a few antagonist of his own already.

“Hope I’m not late, good to see everyone. I hope you will take it easy on me, don’t beat me up to badly now,” Ronyo smiled as he chuckled at the joke, one that only a few would have understood, “This is a great spot to hold the club Belle. Dueling with the outside weather conditions is a great addition to help teach people. Once I gets colder everyone will have to focus more, and when it starts to warm up they will have to not be distracted by the nice weather."

As Ronyo looked around he suddenly realized that only Belle likely knew about his wands. It would interesting to see how everyone took to his duel wands, and he might even get a chance to practice some wandless and silent castings if things went well. Depending on the other students who showed up Ronyo would get the chance to duel multiple people and see how he faired against different styles and different techniques.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Wearing
Mood: Nervous, excited
Thoughts: No, but I wish I could!
With: Belle and Darius

Marina gave Darius a brief smile and nodded an affirmative to Belle's query. "Yes, I'm Marina." She stepped slightly closer a bit warily, then frowned as Belle posed her next question. "No." she answered simply. She would have loved to been able to, but had only ever gotten a chance to use expelliarmus in class. It was then that she heard Ronyo's familiar voice and turned to see the older boy. Well, at least she would know someone here.

"Endurance is nobler than strength, and has more patience than beauty."

How did we get here? Well I think I know...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:03 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image
Darius saw the girl Marina smile to him. He was not sure if he should smile back or if this was a ploy so he looked away to nod to Belle to his name. "I've yet to learn that spell" or have a duel for that matter of fact. Darius thought to himself as he looked to Ronyo who showed up finely and got his wand in hand.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:09 pm
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Sixth Year
Clock Tower Courtyard/ Club of Dueling

Only three, plus Belle made four right now. They could easily square up with this and go through basics but as Marina and Darius both just mentioned they had yet to perform, learn, or duel with the spell. It might be a good idea to go over the spell with a more practical target, like himself so if they did anything that could cause harm at least Ronyo had a better chance to counter or block than the two young students.

"Well if you want I can be both of your opponents, and we can work on the spell. It might be better this way so Belle can stand next to you and observe your form and help you out there, and I can act as a much better target and give feedback," As Ronyo spoke his hand went behind his back in a flash and were out with his Ash Wand in his right hand and his African Blackwood in his left within the blink of an eye, "Until more people show up this should work out I think, unless you had a better idea in mind Belle," It was then Ronyo realized he may have overstepped himself as this was Belle's club, "Sorry Belle, got a bit carried away there. You can see why I'm not a teacher."  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:09 pm
User Image

Relationship Status: Single // Age:13 // Injuries/Illnesses: None // Orphan

Out of breath, Leo scampered up to the rest of the club. He could tell it was the right place, since an older Slytherin boy, Ronyo had just concluded teaching a first year the expelliarmus spell. The blonde boy had been preoccupied with homework, and had run all the way here, knowing he was late.
"Sorry I'm late." He announced to no one in particular. "Who's the leader here?" Timid as always, he barely was able to glance around the space before staring at his shoelaces. Leo didn't like people, but he wasn't here to make friends. He was here to learn, to practice, to excel. Dueling Club was one of the few adventures Leo attempted without Amanda along. He hoped it went well.

((OOC: ))

Fire Wearing

Fear has its use but cowardice has none.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:41 am

Wearing
Mood: Surprised
Thoughts: He has two wands?!
With: Belle, Darius, Ronyo, and Leonidas

Marina didn't even notice the third year running up. She was staring at Ronyo's two wands. "You have two wands?" she asked, surprise evident in her voice. That was something you didn't see every day. Even at a place like Hogwarts, where strange things were common. She pulled out her own wand from her back pocket as she spoke, pale fingers wrapping around the reddish brown wood.

"Endurance is nobler than strength and has more patience than beauty."

How did we get here? Well i think I know...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:49 am
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Sixth Year
Clock Tower Courtyard/ Club of Dueling

"What? Oh yes I do. I forget sometimes that the new students don't know about this yet. The short story of it all is both wands picked me you see, their cores are synchronized to each other because of the animal that gave the essence piece," Ronyo spun and held up his right hand wand, "This is my Ash Wand, a male unicorn gave his tail hair for this one, and he is the daylight garden of an ancient forest, "Ronyo then spun his left hand wand and held it up, "This is my African Blackwood, a wolf gave its fang its core and is the nighttime guardian of the same forest. You see the two animals are guardians together, so they are a team much like my wands and I are now. It's taken me my entire school life to learn how to control them both and believe me it has not been an easy road. Ask my professors, I've destroyed more desks, chairs, and lamps then I can count from one wand firing instead or the other or both firing when I didn't mean for them to."

Ronyo laughed a bit as he thought back to his earlier days at school and his attempts at Transfiguration and Defense Against the Dark Arts classes. He almost hit a couple people with his rogue spells, and did some weird things to his poor chairs with transfiguration spells. He also remembered the first time he got them to work correctly and then got them to work one at a time. He felt he could truly use his wands to protect and defend others once he was out of Hogwarts. With just two more years of practice and lessons Ronyo believed that he would have proper control of his wands and be able to give a couple bad guys a real surprise one day.  
Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff