Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sands of Pern: Closed

Back to Guilds

Tags: Pern, Breedables, Dragons, Dragonriders, Weyr 

Reply Archives
[BG2 Event - WING] - Precision Fire - Congrats Arcturus! Fin Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

Deadglow
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:59 pm
One is Watching You

Sign Ups & Start: Now until majority of spots are filled, if not all of them. . . game will start after.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:07 pm
Uta's Making This Up As She Goes

For Faranth's sake, One has gone senile and is running around in pink panties and old-man socks. Someone get clothes on that man!

Yeah, that's right. . . . The Infamous One is here. And we get to play dress up. As this is purely a dice game, let's pray that the dice gods love you, because . . . I have the feeling One is holding a dagger behind his back, and it's got your name on it.

Please note this was sketched in a rush. It may or may not resemble the actual person.

Uta
Vice Captain

Timid Conversationalist

Uta rolled 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)

Uta
Vice Captain

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:54 pm
How to Play

1 Sign up with a Wing! There are 4 slots per Wing . . . . For a total of 16 players! Please announce whether you're for Arcturus, Bellicus, Cruentus, or Damascus in your sign up post. Also, please choose whether or not you will be a Player or an Helper!

What's the difference you ask?

A Player actually rolls to stick the pieces of clothing on One. The numbers they roll are where the clothing gets pinned.

A Helper rolls a different set of dice. They can choose which Player in their Wing they wish to aid as well as which piece of clothing they wish to move. The numbers they roll will move the clothing both vertically and horizontally, depending on the number rolled.

The advantage to this is not only do they help rack up points, but yes, they are allowed to pick what piece of clothing they move AFTER they roll.

They must announce who they are helping first, and hope for the best, but they can edit what piece of clothing they hope to move from that player after they consider the roll.

Teamwork, man.

If a Helper does not wish to play during a round, they do not have to roll and can pass by stating as such.

Every Player will be playing as if they have their own empty board. (Lucky you -- a naked One to admire all by yourself.)

2. When Uta starts a round, she will choose the piece of clothing and post current 'results', to show who has racked up what amount of points, and where One's handy clothing is resting.

Players

With each round, Players will roll TWO eight-sided dice.

The first dice represents the vertical number.

The second dice represents the horizontal number.

Notice that the horizontal row does NOT go up to 7 or 8. 7 is considered a duplicate 1. 8 is considered a duplicate 6.

The piece of clothing will move/land on a square using the red star (no pun intended) as its guide.

Helpers

Helpers can post anytime once a round begins, though it is usually beneficial to wait until at least one Player in your Wing has posted. That way you might have something to actually move.

Decide whether or not you're going to Pass or play. If you Pass, please post in the thread as such. If you decide to try to help, please do the following.

Helpers will roll TWO 4-sided dice, as well as announce WHO in their wing they are helping. This cannot be edited. The dice represent the BIG numbers on the board. So if a Helper rolls 1,1, that piece of clothing will move They will then declare (by editing in their post) what piece of item they wish to move up two squares.

Once they roll their dice and pick the Player they are aiding, they can then edit in what piece of clothing to move.

3. Uta will announce a stop after 12 hours (or more depending on her schedule.

She will tally points, post Players Current Results, and continue on.

Points!?

Yeah, that's right. Players points are tallied depending on where a piece of clothing stops.

Pink is worth 0 points.
Aqua is worth 1 point.
Green is worth 2 points.
Purple Squares are worth 3 points. Oh yeeeeah baby.

Points are divided per player/post. So say Player A puts a piece of clothing on 6,2. That's a teal square so Player A gets 1 point.

Then Helper B rolls a 2,1 for that item and that Player. That moves the item to 7,3 which is a green square. So that Player gets an additional 2 points.

Matching a Piece of Clothing

So what happens if you get lucky and roll a piece of clothing where it should go on One? Or a Helper aids your cause?

If you get a match on where the clothing is supposed to go, you get 5 points! This is why teamwork is so important. And precision.

4. After all the piece of clothing are on the board, Uta will tally up points. The winners will be the Wing whose totals have the most amount of points!

There may be a prize or two for most 'unique' looking One at the end. . . but that's not guaranteed.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:04 pm
F.A.Q.

1. Wasn't this supposed to be a wing contest? Wtf Uta. . . . It was going to be, but . . . We already did Faux-Thread which was precision-ish. And Archery. And with all-the-dramaz going down with Stamina Shipnapping, I figured we could use an OOC game to break up the drama. We'll simply assume that whatever Wing wins this game, won the precision contest. And leave the RP and plot up to you guys, if it needs a mention at all.

Or if Shipnapping Staming really DOES result in an end of the Games, then this is purely for OOC humor and good times.

Come on, it's a mostly naked One. Can you blame me?

2. Where are the prizes, Uta!? What, a naked One isn't prize enough!? OK, so . . . we're working on them. Celeanor is working on them as we speak. What are they? Probably fire-lizards, but honestly I have no idea. I promise to add them as soon as we get 'em!

3. Uta, these rules don't make sense. EXPLAIN YOURSELF! It is late and I am le tired? If something doesn't make sense, feel free to ask. I'll try to re-word or give better examples. Honestly though, just think of this as a more advanced and beautiful form of Pin-the-tail-on-the-Donkey. Except we're using One (and he is an a**) so . . . I mean.

Uh.

I didn't say that out loud.

4. Where are the clothes!? If we're putting him on clothes, why do I not see them!? I will show each piece of clothing every round. Until then it's a surprise.

5. What about Christmas Eve and Christmas!? I won't be around to play! Well. I probably will be a bit spontatneous myself next week. We will break for Christmas Even and Christmas Day, and pick up again after. So there's no rush. I also wlil be pretty lenient time-wise, since I'll be visiting family myself. . . . slow game will be slightly slow. It should be six rounds total after sign-ups.  

Uta
Vice Captain

Timid Conversationalist

Uta
Vice Captain

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 pm
The Forms

Code:
[b][color=blue]I Fly For Arcturus![/color][/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Rider & Dragon[/b]  (NPC if you don't have a rider in this wing or are a newbie.)
[b]Player or Helper?[/b]  (Pick one.)

Code:
[b][color=brown]I Fly For Damascus![/color][/b]
[b]Rider & Dragon[/b]  (NPC if you don't have a rider in this wing or are a newbie.)

Code:
[b][color=purple]I Fly For Cruentus![/color][/b]

Code:
[b][color=green]I Fly For Bellicus![/color][/b]

The Wings
Please note that I need at least one Player per Wing. Helpers are not mandatory, but I can't do a Wing of ALL helpers without at least one Player.

Arcturus Wing
1 B'shen & Hazmath - Shaddaling - Player
2 R'hys and Indrath - Miss Cherie - Helper
3 Asla and Akkanth - Con - Player

Damascus Wing
1 Zara & Fuxith - EA - Player
2 R'yn & Minuth - Thali - Player
3 L'yie & Cronuth - Rown - Helper
4 V'rind & Krahsujunth - Shinos - Player

Cruentus Wing
1 Adra & Porrenth - Redbud-Tree - Player
2 Z'ke & Nivith - Dizzy_Kat - Player
3 Z'ron & Klath - FrostyPeaches - Helper

Bellicus Wing
1 Ch'nar & Prolenth - Mintaka - Player
2 R'cen & Digith - The_Muffin_Puppy - Helper
3 T'lak & Preneth - InkySlumber - Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:44 pm
*cuts tag off of One's panties*

This is open for sign ups! You know you want to enter.  

Uta
Vice Captain

Timid Conversationalist

Excited Apathy

Omnipresent Seeker

9,050 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:49 pm
I Fly For Damascus!
Name: Excited Apathy
Rider & Dragon Zara & Fuxith
Player or Helper? Player.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:57 pm
I Fly For Cruentus!
Name: Redbud-Tree
Rider & Dragon Adra (NPC) and Porrenth (NPC)
Player or Helper? Player  

Redbud-Tree

Anxious Bunny

13,150 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Battle: Mage 100

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:04 pm
I Fly For Damascus!
Name: Thaliawen
Rider & Dragon R'yn and Minuth
Player or Helper? Player  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:11 pm
I Fly For Cruentus!
Name: Dizzy_Kat
Rider & Dragon Z'ke & Blue Nivith
Player or Helper? Player!  

Dizzy_Kat

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

14,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:01 pm
I Fly For Damascus!
Name: Rown
Rider & Dragon L'yie and Cronuth
Player or Helper? Helper!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:48 am
I Fly For Bellicus!
Name: Mintaka
Rider & Dragon Ch'nar of Bronze Prolenth
Player or Helper? Player, baby. (ohwait.)

(Lemme just note that I am tired as all hell,and reading/seeing all this incited one hell of a giggle fit and now I can't stop. If I have nightmares when I sleep I'll know who to blame!)  

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:26 am
I Fly For Damascus!
Name: ShinosBee
Rider & Dragon V'rind and Krahsujunth
Player or Helper? Playa, yo yo. Fo shizzle-th. smilies/icon_neutral.gif  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:59 am
I Fly For Arcturus!
Name: Shaddaling
Rider & Dragon B'shen and Hazmath
Player or Helper? Player

Ooh Uta, you and naked men. *Snorts* 3  

Shaddaling

Hallowed Cultist

FrostyPeaches

Fluffy Bunny

16,200 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:18 am
I Fly For Cruentus!
Name: FrostyPeaches
Rider & Dragon Z'ron + Blue Klath ( NPC )
Player or Helper? Helper! Let me help you put on clothes XD  
Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games