Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Little Piece of Heaven ♥ LBT Sanctuary

Back to Guilds

A safe place for LBT girls to just talk, make friends and hang out. 

Tags: girls only, bisexual, lesbian, transsexual, hangout 

Reply ♥ The Back Alley [Archives]
So girls... I just came out to my Sisbro Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

Dasher Anne

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:16 pm
I promised myself I'd do it today, and usually when I say that I chicken out. But I did it. I told my sister that I'm 90% sure that I'm a lesbian.

I know that she's very accepting of the LGBT community and stuff, and I know that she's asexual and is most likely transgender (which is why I call her my sisbro), but it was... surprisingly harder than I'd thought it'd be. Just... getting the words out. I mean, I'm comfortable with it and everything, but dang. I even started crying a little. It took a lot of courage, even when I know she's so accepting. I can't imagine what it'll be like when I tell my parents some day. ><

But yeah. I finally did it. She's happy I told her, even though she was already guessing that I'm gay. Which is good, I've been trying to lay down some hints for a long while. Apparently she saw one of my posts on gaia though that talked about possibly liking a girl, heheh.

Well, I'm just going to curl up in my bed. For some reason that took the energy right out of me. But I... just felt like sharing it with you guys. It's another little step out of the closet for me, and I thought you should know, even though most of you probably don't care.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:00 pm
Congrats! and bravo *victory huggle* smilies/icon_heart.gif  

pokeyspot

Friendly Fairy

Hopeinblack

Shameless Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:27 pm
Congratulations!! I have a lot of respect for your courage. I hope that I can do the same one day c:

It's great that you have family that loves you no matter what!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:21 pm
Congratulations, that's awesome. It's great that you have someone in your family that's accepting. I can understand it being hard to tell someone, however, even if you know that they're going to be accepting. Coming out is a very hard thing to do and can take a lot of courage. Good luck when you decide to come out to others.  

Flickering Hope
Vice Captain

Profitable Browser

8,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100

AgentShiny
Captain

Shirtless Sweetheart

11,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:54 pm
For me....coming out was a scary as hell thing....I told a cousin-in-law and she blabbed to my sister who freaked out at and yelled at me about how she felt betrayed because "we share everything" and I never told her...this incident more or less made me come out to everyone close to me all in one night...which is a very scary thing in my family. My mother is an accepting religious woman, my father is an unaccepting jackass male chauvinist, my brother is a slightly more accepting jackass male chauvinist, my oldest sister is mentally handicapped so she understands things as a 7 year old would and even though she probably doesn't understand why I like women most likely doesn't accept me because she believes in dad's and grandpa's "it's unnatural" bs. My other two sisters and most of my cousins are very accepting of me I'm glad for that...though my gay cousin is pretty interesting one day we got into an argument on facebook over something I posted about "falling into a v****a" and he went off being all grossed out saying "eww how can you do that?" and basically threw it back into face about how can do anything with a guy because to me, guys solely exist for the continuation of the species. But yeah...congrats, you've finally made your first step out into the world and showing the who you are without caring about what they think.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:54 am
pokeyspot Wrote:
Congrats! and bravo *victory huggle* smilies/icon_heart.gif

*huggles* Thank you! <3  

Dasher Anne

Dapper Shapeshifter

Dasher Anne

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:03 am
Hopeinblack Wrote:
Congratulations!! I have a lot of respect for your courage. I hope that I can do the same one day c:

It's great that you have family that loves you no matter what!

Thank you! And I believe that you will be able to someday. <3 c:  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:11 am
Flickering Hope Wrote:
Congratulations, that's awesome. It's great that you have someone in your family that's accepting. I can understand it being hard to tell someone, however, even if you know that they're going to be accepting. Coming out is a very hard thing to do and can take a lot of courage. Good luck when you decide to come out to others.

Thank you! <3
I'm not exactly sure where my parent's views stand with this kind of thing, but I'm pretty sure that my mom will accept me, even if she's hinted at wanting me to have my own kids someday. My father might be a little less accepting out, I don't know. It's going to be hard to tell them... but, baby steps, right? I just accomplished telling the most important person in my life. I'm going to chill for a while before telling anyone else important. x.x

Dasher Anne

Dapper Shapeshifter

Dasher Anne

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:28 am
AgentShiny Wrote:
For me....coming out was a scary as hell thing....I told a cousin-in-law and she blabbed to my sister who freaked out at and yelled at me about how she felt betrayed because "we share everything" and I never told her...this incident more or less made me come out to everyone close to me all in one night...which is a very scary thing in my family. My mother is an accepting religious woman, my father is an unaccepting jackass male chauvinist, my brother is a slightly more accepting jackass male chauvinist, my oldest sister is mentally handicapped so she understands things as a 7 year old would and even though she probably doesn't understand why I like women most likely doesn't accept me because she believes in dad's and grandpa's "it's unnatural" bs. My other two sisters and most of my cousins are very accepting of me I'm glad for that...though my gay cousin is pretty interesting one day we got into an argument on facebook over something I posted about "falling into a v****a" and he went off being all grossed out saying "eww how can you do that?" and basically threw it back into face about how can do anything with a guy because to me, guys solely exist for the continuation of the species. But yeah...congrats, you've finally made your first step out into the world and showing the who you are without caring about what they think.

Awww, I'm sorry that it had to be that way for you. :c
My brother is also mentally handicapped, so I don't know how he's going to take it... but it's very obvious that he likes girls, so if he asks why I like girls I can just ask him why he likes them. *sighs* I don't know, he's probably seen homosexuals on TV, so he'll probably understand, but have some sort of weird concept on them from whatever he's been watching.

But thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:49 am
Congrats im so happy it went well for you! its always great to be accepted and even if it doesn't go well coming clean is always relieving smilies/icon_razz.gif

I had a hellfire and brimstone sermon in response to my attempt x.x and if I every even tried to tell my rents that my goal in life is a committed threesome they'd die smilies/icon_razz.gif that said I'm happier as openly and loudly bisexual than I ever was pretending I wasn't looking at that girls a** smilies/icon_razz.gif

Best of luck with the parents when you decide to come out to them  

death on dark wings

Beloved Sex Symbol

7,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100

AgentShiny
Captain

Shirtless Sweetheart

11,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:56 am
Dasher Anne Wrote:
AgentShiny Wrote:

Awww, I'm sorry that it had to be that way for you. :c
My brother is also mentally handicapped, so I don't know how he's going to take it... but it's very obvious that he likes girls, so if he asks why I like girls I can just ask him why he likes them. *sighs* I don't know, he's probably seen homosexuals on TV, so he'll probably understand, but have some sort of weird concept on them from whatever he's been watching.

But thank you!

Mom's made a lot of progress...dad hasn't budged...apparently according to my brother's beliefs it's okay for me to be lesbian but not okay for guys to be gay...more or less if it wasn't for his kids I probably wouldn't have anything to do with him because of that. He doesn't see how hypercritical he's being and how much I hate him for that...I'll go into more detail if you want me to, just PM me....sorry for ranting but he just makes me so mad....  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:04 am
Dasher Anne Wrote:
Flickering Hope Wrote:

Thank you! <3
I'm not exactly sure where my parent's views stand with this kind of thing, but I'm pretty sure that my mom will accept me, even if she's hinted at wanting me to have my own kids someday. My father might be a little less accepting out, I don't know. It's going to be hard to tell them... but, baby steps, right? I just accomplished telling the most important person in my life. I'm going to chill for a while before telling anyone else important. x.x

Not knowing your parent's views can make it harder. I don't know my parent's views on transgenderism which makes me have no idea how they'll react when I tell them. But you're right, baby steps. There's no rush to tell everyone right away. Just take your time and move along at your own pace.  

Flickering Hope
Vice Captain

Profitable Browser

8,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100

minathronwalker

Lonely Gatekeeper

12,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:27 pm
smilies/icon_heart.gifsmilies/icon_heart.gifsmilies/icon_heart.gifsmilies/icon_heart.gifsmilies/icon_heart.gifsmilies/icon_heart.gif YaY !!!!!!!!!!!!!smilies/icon_heart.gifsmilies/icon_heart.gifsmilies/icon_heart.gifsmilies/icon_heart.gif  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:12 am
Dasher Anne Wrote:
I promised myself I'd do it today, and usually when I say that I chicken out. But I did it. I told my sister that I'm 90% sure that I'm a lesbian.

I know that she's very accepting of the LGBT community and stuff, and I know that she's asexual and is most likely transgender (which is why I call her my sisbro), but it was... surprisingly harder than I'd thought it'd be. Just... getting the words out. I mean, I'm comfortable with it and everything, but dang. I even started crying a little. It took a lot of courage, even when I know she's so accepting. I can't imagine what it'll be like when I tell my parents some day. ><

But yeah. I finally did it. She's happy I told her, even though she was already guessing that I'm gay. Which is good, I've been trying to lay down some hints for a long while. Apparently she saw one of my posts on gaia though that talked about possibly liking a girl, heheh.

Well, I'm just going to curl up in my bed. For some reason that took the energy right out of me. But I... just felt like sharing it with you guys. It's another little step out of the closet for me, and I thought you should know, even though most of you probably don't care.

Well done! Coming out is always hard as hell, even if you know they'll accept it. It's really good you could smilies/icon_smile.gif  

Lady-Sanctuary

Girl-Crazy Nerd

8,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Kokoichii

Fashionable Shopper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:22 pm
Congrats! sure wish to have your bravery someday!  
♥ The Back Alley [Archives]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games