Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Scales of War
Beyond the Vale (OOC) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Omnipresent Guildsman

8,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:08 pm
Discussion and planning, or just shoot the breeze. You can use this to announce temporary absences, too.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:59 pm
WhimsicalXellos Wrote:

Xellos, just wondering, what time of year is it? What is the climate like out of doors?

What races of people live in Brindol? Are they speaking common? Is the fireplace lit in this tavern?

If you want me to roll any checks to figure this stuff out, I can; I'm just trying to visualize things a little more. smilies/icon_smile.gif Kowsauni and I are communicating since our characters will start together and we'll post at least by this weekend.  

AlphabetFish

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Omnipresent Guildsman

8,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:06 pm
I'm gonna say it's late fall. Just cold enough for the fireplace to be running. I'll put city data in the info thread with the map.

AlphabetFish Wrote:
Kowsauni and I are communicating since our characters will start together and we'll post at least by this weekend.

Does that go for the Tower game, too? smilies/icon_smile.gif  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:08 pm
WhimsicalXellos Wrote:
I'm gonna say it's late fall. Just cold enough for the fireplace to be running. I'll put city data in the info thread with the map.

AlphabetFish Wrote:
Kowsauni and I are communicating since our characters will start together and we'll post at least by this weekend.

Does that go for the Tower game, too? smilies/icon_smile.gif

Ah, thanks for the info.

Yes--by this weekend, yes! So sorry, I just now noticed that his dog showed up. I posted, and I sent all the info to him. I hope we're not taking too long.  

AlphabetFish

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Omnipresent Guildsman

8,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:20 pm
AlphabetFish Wrote:
Ah, thanks for the info.

Yes--by this weekend, yes! So sorry, I just now noticed that his dog showed up. I posted, and I sent all the info to him. I hope we're not taking too long.

S'all good, since I know this isn't technically your normal pace. It'll shift to normal in a couple weeks, if I recall.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:38 am
I plan to start the encounter on Sunday night after I finish work, regardless of who may or may not have placed themselves within the tavern. Perhaps earlier if everyone I was expecting is accounted for. Look forward to it!  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Omnipresent Guildsman

8,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:50 am
Rain Yupa Wrote:

"Sure, I guess. Let's take care of the hobgoblins first though, yeah?"

Lol smilies/icon_razz.gif  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:37 am
@ Alphabet: ^-^

@ DM: As a heads up, I'm leaving to visit friends in New York tonight, and won't be back til Thursday. Though I doubt it will be a problem for PBP, I felt I should let you know regardless.

Also, a note on my normal schedule: Mondays I cannot post at all, due to wake up -> go to work -> to go weekly game -> go home and pass out.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Anxious Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 am
Hey, a question concerning your house rule on post order in combat...

Do you absolutely want players to post in the order of initiative? 'Cause, I find that if a player will do something that obviously won't interfere with another who's before them, it's usually okay to let them post. Example: Obviously Desair is engaging Hobgoblin #4. Next round, someone could fire a crossbow at Hobgoblin #1, because it is 99.9% likely that won't affect what Desair will be doing.

Sometimes people can only be online at certain times, and it generally sucks to find out that you can't post just because the person before you hasn't gone yet, and you know what you do (heck, even if it's a Second Wind action) won't matter to that person.

Just looking for clarification, and/or offering food for thought.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:57 am
I'd say for clarity sake, we should just do our actions in initiative order. It'll be easier that way.

Also, sans backstory, my character is finished.

Donn Hammerfist  

Dion Necurat

Dapper Codger

7,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Omnipresent Guildsman

8,500 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:37 pm
Rain Yupa Wrote:
Do you absolutely want players to post in the order of initiative? 'Cause, I find that if a player will do something that obviously won't interfere with another who's before them, it's usually okay to let them post. Example: Obviously Desair is engaging Hobgoblin #4. Next round, someone could fire a crossbow at Hobgoblin #1, because it is 99.9% likely that won't affect what Desair will be doing.

WhimsicalXellos Wrote:
In combat, there will be a post order based on initiative. I will always be sure to display this order for ease of reference. When you post your action, state what you're doing; which powers you're using, if you're using an action point, etc; and write what the roll results were for the action(s) you're taking. All rolls should be made in the Dice thread. Guidelines for the Dice thread can be found there.

I may not post results of your actions immediately after you take them. If multiple characters take their turns in a row, feel free to post back to back. At any time, you have the option to request that I post combat results before you take your turn.

(In some rare circumstances, there may be enough enemy targets so that you may be able to target something different from what another party member will be targeting. In these cases, you may post your action before the other player, but it will be treated as though you went afterward. When in doubt, just stick to the post order.)

^Found in the info thread. You have addressed something I already considered. We're dealing with fairly experienced players in this game, so I fully expect you to utilize common sense when posting in initiative order, especially if you're reasonably certain it won't affect anything. At worst, we can just ammend anything minor that may be upset by going out of order.

Dion Necurat Wrote:

I'll look over what you have and give you an assessment. I'll send you a PM about coming in. (Name just had to start with a D... >.>)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:47 pm
Aha! That'll learn me not to actually read all the way down, no? smilies/burning_eyes.gif  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Anxious Prophet

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:57 pm
Dion Necurat Wrote:
I'd say for clarity sake, we should just do our actions in initiative order. It'll be easier that way.

Donn Hammerfist

Yay, another character who uses basic attacks! You may be the recipient of some free, out-of-turn attacks, courtesy of my Warlord's at-will. smilies/icon_biggrin.gif  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:23 pm
AlphabetFish Wrote:
Dion Necurat Wrote:

Donn Hammerfist

Yay, another character who uses basic attacks! You may be the recipient of some free, out-of-turn attacks, courtesy of my Warlord's at-will. smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

Acid Orb: a sorcerer's best friend. For a storm sorcerer though...well, that's what Arcane Adimixture is for.  

Dion Necurat

Dapper Codger

7,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:10 pm
smilies/icon_eek.gif That's a lot of hobgoblins! Shall we try to thin them out?  
[D&D 4e] Scales of War

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff