Welcome to Gaia! ::

Role Play Nation!

Back to Guilds

A Roleplay Safe Haven 

Tags: Active, Dark, Adventure, Comedy, hang out 

Reply Closed
The Goddess' Chosen (Lucky x Zylo) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Bookworm

13,450 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:30 pm

They say in the beginning it was all water.....
Then the Goddess Kalia coaxed the first tree to rise from the depths, bringing with it the soil to form an island.
Kalia sat back to watch her creation grow, proud of it's magnificent glory.
It soon began withering though, with no light to nourish it.
So the nameless Goddess of the sky made her decision, to cut herself in half, becoming the Two-Fold Goddess.
She gave all her life to one half of herself, filling the small shell of a body with a vibrant life.
Her other half was dark and lifeless, a mere reflection.
And so Day and Night were made.
With this new life-giving light, the first tree began flourishing again, using the night to rest.
Kalia beamed with joy, happy to see her life growing again.
She cared for this tree day in and out, in a timeless effort.
Eventually though, she decided it wasn't enough and set to work.
First, she pulled the soil from under the water, placing it on top to give her space to work.
Then she made life.
The Goddess started with simple plants then moved to animals, delighting in their movement.
She was sure she could do better though.
Thus she spent years crafting her next creatures, making them as perfect as she could.
She named them.....humans.

Like all things, they were timeless, never aging past adults, for this world held no death.
At first it seemed like a perfect world.
Kalia was pleased and sat back to watch life flourish.
And then came the renegades.
Like rebel children, they threw aside their Mother Goddess and claimed themselves the best.
This treachery was more than Kalia could stand.
She turned her face away from her children, weeping.
As the rains washed the world and forced the humans into hiding, Kalia's sister approached her.
Lumire had been content to watch from beyond, never interfering.
But now these creatures had hurt her sister and that could never be forgiven.
So she promised Kalia she would make it all better.
Lumire moved across the world like a shadow, stealing breath from the very body's of the renegades.
This was the first death.
Once released though, death could not be contained, only slowed.
With each breath the humans took, they lost a little more of their life.
Filled with Kalia's vibrancy though, they still lasted many many years.
Lumire collected each soul as it passed from it's body.
It fell to her to judge them in her sister's name.
Those who had pleased her sister were rewarded and given in death what they could not have in life.
Sometimes, Lumire allowed a soul to return, giving it a new body.
Other times, she allowed the soul to rest in paradise.
Those who had displeased her sister were punished, doomed to never return to the world again.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:18 pm

Or so the legends go. Many people still believe in the Goddesses and worship them. The Two-Fold Goddess, the Mother Goddess Kalia, and the Death Goddess Lumire each have their own following though Kalia is the most prominent. Together, they're known as the Three Sisters and can be seen in the night sky watching over their charges, a cluster of three bright stars that never move. Whether people believe or don't changes nothing - The Goddesses really do watch. The Two-Fold Goddess watches with a passiveness though, uncaring what happens belong. She watches merely for the show. Kalia watches evermore, hoping for the day when her perfect world returns. She waits, searching for the goodness of her creations. Lumire though......She still fulfills her promise every day. She moves among the people, unseen by all but a few of the most sensitive. She seeks out those who's actions sadden Kalia and steals the breath from their bodies.

As part of her abilities, she also keeps tabs on those who are dying naturally. She tries to never let a soul drift, lost without a body. And so the Goddess is constantly moving, gathering ever more souls into her dark embrace and judging them.

Though both the Two-Fold Goddess and Kalia will occasionally choose a human who has caught their interest, to be oracle or champion for some cause, Lumire never has. She tells her sisters she is simply too busy, but really she has never been interested. Lately though, someone has caught her interest. Someone who has had enough brushes with death to come to her attention. A person, in their life, generally only has one or two close calls that have Lumire hovering at their shoulder, waiting. Him though, she's lost count of the number of times she has stood by, waiting, only to find he lived.

It has come to a point that she keeps a constant eye on him, watching and waiting for his death. His soul, she is sure, is a strong one. She wants to hold him, feel the strength of his soul, to provide everything she can for him. Unfortunately, she has limited strength against those who do Kalia's will and protect the innocent. She must wait, subtly influencing events in hopes to speed his journey into her realm.

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Bookworm

13,450 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Bookworm

13,450 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Skeletons

Code:
[align=center][imgright]link[/imgright][color=darkblue][size=18][u][b](title)[/b] [i](name)[/i][/u][/size][/color]

[color=darkblue][i]I have walk the earth for[/i][/color] [color=blue][b](age)[/b][/color] [color=blue][i]years.[/i][/color]
[color=darkblue][i]And I tell my story as such when people ask.[/i][/color]  [color=blue][b](bio)[/b][/color]  [color=darkblue][i]And that's all there is to it.[/i][/color]
[color=darkblue][i]Oh, another thing.  I[/i][/color] [color=blue][b](anything else).[/b][/color][/align]

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:05 pm

"She doesn't understand that I do this for her."
"They really should stop complaining. At least I'm allowing them some life."

The Goddess of Death Lumire

I have walk the earth for untold years.

And I tell my story as such when people ask. I am the most physical of the Goddesses, the one who walks this Earth the most. Yet I am the one forever in the background. My sisters of Life and Day and Night over shadow me. I suppose it's for the best though. It makes my job easier. A promise I made eons ago has bound me into this job, controlling death. It can never be allowed to get out of hand. Still, I dislike most humans for what they did to my sister. And that's all there is to it.

Oh, another thing. I often ride a ghostly white horse, giving rise to the legend that 'Death rides a white horse', though I'm not actually what's killing most people. Most.

"He haunts my thoughts, always there, waiting, trying my patience."
"Why will he not simply die?"

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Bookworm

13,450 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Bookworm

13,450 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:20 pm

"I'm a fighter, and I fight to the end, after that end...well, we'll see."
"We swordsman are going to die, it's just a matter of how long we can dance with death before she learns all our steps."

The Swordsman Hendra Fayble

I have walked the earth for 31 years.

And I tell my story as such when people ask. Born in a fair sized city, I was raised by a blacksmith father and nothing else. My mother had died when I was born, and I felt the first touch of death herself as I entered life. I lived a tough life, fighting iron and fire to help my father make the world around me reflect what I wanted. However for me, it wasn't enough. I trained with the blades I forged and one day, after being caught in my training sessions by the captain of the guard himself, I was invited to join the city guard and become a soldier. I agreed, and learned quickly, becoming an excellent swordsman. My time with the Guard was short, however, as war came quickly to my home. Soldiers swarmed our homes, burning and killing indiscriminately. I fought, and killed, I lost myself to the roar of battle and the clash of steel, and the battle to live, or perhaps to die. I lost my eye in this very fight, yet survived. Not that it mattered, my home was nothing but ashes, and so I crawled, bleeding from the remnants of home, and after clawing my way back to this world I became a sellsword, a mercenary for hire, selling my blade to whoever had the highest coin. Yet even in this I kept my code, I harmed no innocents, and never laid a hand upon a woman or child unless they raised their blade against me first. I had honor. Not that honor helped me. Scar after scar, wound after wound, I courted death, skirting her realm like an indecisive child at the fence of his home, wondering what was on the other side but not willing to take that last step. So I fought, and I fought, never giving in. And that's all there is to it.

Oh, another thing. I'm Just kidding, nothing else, at least not that I have to tell you.

"You can't run from death, and you can't hide from it, but you can always just smile at it and hope it gets too confused to take you."
"Death is as beautiful as it is inevitable, and if you can't tell, that's very."

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:02 pm
Life is crazy. Relax and enjoy it.

Lumire rode slowly through the human village, watching everything with a neutral expression. She never hurried anywhere. As a goddess, she had all the time in the world. Sooner or later every soul ended up in her care, though she tried not to let souls linger too long on the material plane. Then she ended up with weird things like 'ghosts' and such. Feeling another soul brushing with death, she clicked her tongue, the horse stepping up it's pace to a normal walk. She wasn't too worried though. More frustrated really. This soul, she could tell every soul apart, had taunted her many times before. She wondered if this would finally be the time she harvested his soul. Time after time, her plans failed to stop this teasing dance the two played.

Otherwise it'll pass you by before you know it.

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Bookworm

13,450 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100

Zylo the Wolfbane

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:07 pm
Hendra twisted to the side with a winced as the blade sliced inches from his throat, he smirked weakly at the dark robed man before him, "Shoulda brought...some friends." He managed, feeling the burn of poison as it flowed through his veins. Assassins, and sloppy ones, he whipped his own sword up, slicing at the man, and missing, he just tossed the blade into the air and stepped forward, headbutting the assassin and then catching his sword and driving it around and up, sliding between the assassin's ribs. "Too slow." He said, then fell down atop the now dead assassin. Hendra grunted and started fishing through the man's clothes, pulling out two vials as he rolled over and sat against the alley wall. "One of these," He said casually to himself, "Is an antidote, and the other, is the rest of the poison."  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Lumire sighed as she felt another soul released from this plane of existence - And not the one she was hoping for. She nudged her horse to a stop, reaching out to gather the soft ball of light to her. She held it in her hands, closing her eyes as she searched it's life. With a sigh, she shook her head and made her judgement, banishing the soul to the realm of hell forever. What a pity. Another life wasted and turned against Kalia. Movement caught her eye and she looked up, watching the body she could tell housed the very soul she'd been seeking. She watched, knowing already which vial was poison and which was antidote. All that remained was his decision. She could see both futures clearly as they lay before him, shifting in importance as he debated between the two.

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Bookworm

13,450 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100

Zylo the Wolfbane

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:41 pm
Hendra looked back and forth between the vials, then laughed, he had no ******** idea. He juggled the two vials between his hands skillfully. He looked up, and could swear he could see Her, a beautiful woman with dark hair, dark eyes, dark wings, and a dark dress. Beautiful. He snatched one of the vials and flicked the cork off, raising it too what might be a woman, or might just be a hallucination, "Here's to you pretty lady." He said, then downed the vial in a single gulp.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:03 pm

Lumire arched one delicate eyebrow. Interesting. He was a Sensitive. He could actually see her presence. How odd. Very rarely could a human see her. Her sisters occasionally had Sensitives, but Lumire was always more in the background so it was rarer for a human to see her. She watched as his future finalized, his decision made. The result made her sigh. Somehow, he'd chosen the antidote. It was strange, she thought to herself. He'd danced on the edge of her realm so often, yet never crossed over like most humans. She'd even tried giving him just that extra nudge to cross but all he ever did was toe the line. Shaking her head, she turned her horse and rode away, her movements slow, unhurried, and graceful.

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Bookworm

13,450 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100

Zylo the Wolfbane

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:07 pm
Hendra smiled as his body burned but the true agony faded, and he fell back into life once more. The woman began to fade, he saluted her casually as she turned away, "I'll see you again, count on it." He said, dragging himself to his feet and tossing the vial of poison away as he cleaned his sword, looted the assassin, and stumbled back towards the inn where he had a room. Even weakened like this, his movements were sharp and stiff, perfectly calculated, the movements of a warrior.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Lumire paused, glancing back at the human. "Count on it." She whispered. One way or anther, his soul would eventually return to her hands. It was just a matter of when. And she would prefer sooner over later. The goddess did not always take well to others dancing on the edge of her territory, not when she had so much to do. She rarely had enough time to devote to one soul for so long. It both irritating and fascinating, his sheer luck. It actually made her wonder if Kalia had blessed him at birth. Feeling more souls on the edge of her realm, she headed off again, taking a side route that led her to the same hotel as the human she'd just been studying. A bar fight had taken an ugly turn. Patiently, Lumire waited outside the inn, watching the future shift as first one, then another brawler got the upper hand. Finally, one stabbed another and a soul was released to her care. Lumire reached out a hand, gathering the soul orb to her and studying it.

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Bookworm

13,450 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100

Zylo the Wolfbane

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:34 pm
And Hendra's metal boot slammed into the side of the other man, sending him down as guards moved in. Hendra grumbled and stepped past them all to the bar, "An ale." He said simply. Stupid bar fights. "And then I'm checking out."  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:53 pm

Lumire sighed and banished the soul. Another malcontent. She was finding more and more of them lately. Perhaps she should have a talk with her sister about guiding her humans better. She was distracted by a voice. Well, there we was again.....She began wondering if he was attracted to death or if he just had the luck to be there. She would have to keep a closer eye on him. She had a feeling he would be one of the hard ones to judge. A killer, but a killer with morals. Those were always difficult. Did she punish their killing or reward their morals? It was a tough choice at times.

Lucky_Tiger

Invisible Bookworm

13,450 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100

Zylo the Wolfbane

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:03 pm
Hendra drained his ale, his one per day, and paid for his meal and his stay, then headed upstairs and grabbed his bag, heading back downstairs and moving for the door.  
Closed

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff