Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Hidden Veils~

Back to Guilds

Beginner to Advanced Role playing, and other fun stuff! 

Tags: Role playing, Beginner/ Starting RPGs, Intermediate/ Pro RPG's, Contests, Gathering grounds 

Reply One on One Role Play Only!
Beyond the Maze- Open Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Submit

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

13,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:50 am

Entry post will be here once 'It's a Maze Out There' has completed...

Characters to come as insightful hints...

The regulars:
Jareth
Hoggle
Sir Didemous
Ludo
Slack
Erin
Twink

Newcomers?
Oberon
Titania
Puck
The Weird sister(s)

Other of Oberon's children

Possible side effects may include:
Children
Wars
Power Struggle
More Mazes and Labyrinths
Possible drownings
A wild Sarah appears
Re-enactments of the past that did not happen- or maybe they did  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:28 pm
She walked around the garden Twink had made for her. After almost two years from the ending of darkness, the flowers were finally growing again. She enjoyed her time here checking now and then with Slack’s help on the mortal world seeing how they were doing rebuilding. Though had stopped after a year seeing the mortal world went on as always. Jareth tended his usual duties with the Goblins and since their wedding, seemed almost a changed man according to her goblin friends. She felt the breeze and soon made her way towards one of the parapets of the castle looking over the maze. She smiled though in knowing it was almost time for a tour of another section to the maze. So much to learn she began wondering if she ever could before her time would come to pass on. She would worry about those troubles later knowing she was still young to worry of that.

“My Lady,”

She turned seeing one of the goblin couriers and the letter they presented her. She was curious as it was addressed to both her and Jareth. “What is this Taris?”

“A letter from the magic lands. It came by way of a present who is still standing at the gates for approval.” The tall goblin stated nervously.

She nodded following the goblin towards the gates as she would read the letter. “Hmm, says that this gift is a belated wedding present from his parents. Odd but it is a sweet idea. Perhaps there’s hope to patch his family back together after all. At least one of us still has one to patch.” She smiled softly holding a bit of her dress as she went down the stairs and entered the courtyard before the gates. And while she wasn’t completely of old fashion royalty, she did wear a long sleeveless summer dress he liked, leaving only the small silver circlet the only way to tell if it were that she was the queen. As the gates opened she looked to the figure before her held by the guards. It was a Minotaur and she could tell simply by it’s appearance that if it wanted to pose a threat, it would have easily tossed the guard aside. She looked to the goblin Taris a moment confused. “Taris, is this minotaur the gift?” Her tone wasn’t judging but more on the unsure side. She had thought it would be something simple, and not alive.

“My lady, I have been sent from Oberon and Titania as a gift to the King and Queen of Goblins. As a guardian and a protector. I am sworn and conditioned to obey whoever my master may be. Whether the original, or the hand that I change to.” He looked to the woman before him wondering if this was simply a higher servant but couldn’t be sure the way they were responding to her.

She looked to him and smiled lightly shaking her head. “Well, Let’s just see what Jareth thinks then on the subject. Guards, you can leave him in my care, I’ll show him in. Taris, could you let Twink know I may be running late? He should be where you got me from.” She watched the goblin nod and motioned for the minotaur to follow her. Rounding the hallways she was glad she had at least memorized the main areas of the castle. She soon would enter the throne room making a slight nod and smile to Slack before moving quietly to Jareth’s side. She would wait for a moment before she would whisper into his ear. “Dear, your parents have sent us a late wedding gift.” She motioned towards the Minotaur before kissing his cheek. “He says he’s ours to command, but I'm not sure for what.” She smiled lightly staying by his side not having been able to see him much the past few days.  

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

13,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

xX_LoyalWolf_Xx
Crew

Amorous Werewolf

18,650 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 pm
Jareth was busy, overlooking his lands as they were being rebuilt. The Labyrinth was also being rebuilt, and was even more confusing than usual, however that was a good thing. It meant that Jareth was now again in control of his powers, since before the war with Darkness. He sensed his wife and queen, Erin, slip up behind him, and plant a kiss on his cheek. "Well, hello, dear." He kissed her back on the lips, then looked towards the minotaur that stood before them. "So. Oberon sent you, did he? Well, as much as I dislike my father, I suppose I am grateful. You know, long ago, I think one of your ancestors took up residence in my Labyrinth. How would you feel about being it's protector?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:35 pm
He looked to the King bowing unsure of the two of them. He thought the woman was simply a servant by dress and demeanor. He would regard the king though at his chosen fate and nod. "I am at your will my Lord. What task you give is mine to obey."

Erin smiled as he kissed her seeing him busy at work. She placed a hand gently on his shoulder giving a playful squeeze listening to their new arrival. "Oh nonsense dear." She looked to the minotaur judging he wasn't thrilled, which showed his obedience. "Well, I could always use an assistant? The goblins have been nagging, and when I say nagging I mean grovelling in some silly manor or another for a ball. Apparently they really liked your singing last time." She smiled looking to her husband wondering if he would allow her this. She figured one minotaur of stories in a maze was enough. "Besides, Twink I'm sure could always use him for the guard when needed."  

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

13,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

xX_LoyalWolf_Xx
Crew

Amorous Werewolf

18,650 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:55 pm
Jareth looked to Erin, then over to the Minotaur. "Well, I suppose if my wife wishes it, then would that be alright with you, good sir? I'm sorry. I don't even know your name. Can't exactly call you 'beastie' or something mean, can I? So, what is your name? Or have my parents taken it from you?" He looked to Erin as she mentioned the last ball, and remembered all the dancing and joyous fun they had.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:07 pm
He looked to them a moment as the comment of wife was said and felt ashamed for not knowing. He would regard the king once more as he spoke again. "I am to do as you wish of me. And they called me Midas." He bowed once more and looked to the queen as he now knew as she went to him waving to the king and leading him from the room. "I am honored. I was brought here to be punished."

She smiled kissing her husband once more as Midus agreed. She went to him leading him from the room winking over her shoulder at Jareth. She would listen walking him through the halls of the castle. "Punish you? Let me guess, they thought Jareth would just dump you somewhere in the Labyrinth?" She went silent as he didn't respond. She sighed nodding. "I see, so I still have it, I can still catch a sad tone. Don't worry. We can keep you busy without the maze stuff. However, You will have to learn the maze of this castle and at least the outer walls." She smiled slightly leading and stopping before a room she had decided. She opened the door and would let him walk in first as she hesitated at the door. "If you're going to be my assistant, a close room will be best." She paused finally entering seeing they had left the room as it had been. It took her breath away a moment. "Forgive me, this room, my friends apparently has kept it as my brother left it. It just threw me a little. Our friends are very dear. You will see. Don't worry Toby won't we be needing the room."

He looked to her as she paused about the room and seeing some old clothes hanging in a closet. He could smell she was a mortal, though something seemed off. He figured it was her closeness to the immortal king. At the comment of her brother he looked to her curiously. He had been briefed slightly by his previous queen. "Forgive me My Queen, but should I not have another room then?"

"Hmm?" She looked to him a moment shaking her head. "Nonsense. If you're going to be my assistant, and soon to be guard with Twink you should be close. Here, see," She took his hand lightly bringing him to the balcony overlooking her garden that had grown much since the wars. "See that used to be my room, Twink uses it now. And that is mine and Jareth's. I'll let you settle and Tomorrow if you'd like you can come with me and Twink on our morning routine. Nothing much I promise. Twink has been keeping me trained. We had a nasty war before the King and I were married. And though I doubt it will happen again, I want to be prepared, to fight with my husband against anything."

------------------------------

Twink had been found by Taris and told of the gift. He sighed and by the time he had reached the great hall of his king the decision had been made about the new arrival. He would wait respectfully before the king before bowing and moving to speak with him. "Majesty, you realize the gift of your parents may just be a way to swede you to their battles that you've been graciously ignoring? I worry majesty, while nothing obvious, there is a change coming again. The bog hasn't been nearly as smelly, the fire gang are being well, somewhat reserved, nothing really noticeable unless you know them well enough. Even the maze seems to shift at a slower pace. I think we should be cautious that their battles don't make their way here. I've already doubled the guard and have been helping the Queen in training a bit more as well. Mostly her request. If you would Like I can call Slack and see how he feels on this as well? Though he's been preferring his lab more than anything as of late."  

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

13,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

xX_LoyalWolf_Xx
Crew

Amorous Werewolf

18,650 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:21 pm
Jareth looked to Twink, seeing he was a little bothered by the Minotaur's appearance. "Yes, Twink. I know what you mean. However, I am aware of the situation. I have had Slack working on some potions, and tinkering with some new elements for such an occasion. As it is, things have been too peaceful. And you may continue to teach Erin. I'm sure she would do it anyways, as stubborn as I know she is. I just don't want her to be alarmed at the moment, okay?" He patted Twink on his shoulder, and looked to him. "You have been a good friend these past years, Twink. Continue to watch after my wife, and I will appreciate it."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:43 pm
The morning came as it always did. She smiled kissing Jareth's forehead as he slept. Now was time for her usual morning routine since shortly after being made queen. She moved carefully changing into her jeans and sweatshirt before blowing a kiss, whether he knew it or not and left for the minotaur's room. To her happy surprise he was up and about already. "Early riser too huh? Well, come along if you think you can keep up." She smiled seeing him nod though he kept quiet. She would smile though reaching the courtyard and seeing Twink ready and waiting. "So, think you can beat me today Twink?" She watched the once goblin now man chuckle and nod. "Midus will join us for a bit. If you don't mind. And Midus, I hope you don't mind. Me and Twink race then train. We may be at peace, but as I think I mentioned earlier, I like to keep in practice, just in case."

Twink rose fast and awaited his best friend. He smiled seeing her though would nod towards the other. "I do not mind my Lady. Hope he can keep up with us." He chuckled but would let her finish speaking before nodding and the race was off. They wouldn't go far, though was clear Erin was winning as usual. He was happy the Minotaur was keeping up with him at least. He kept watch on her still trying to beat her knowing well she didn't have issues loosing. "If you can run faster, I suggest you do so. She's not the type to be spiteful over a morning race." He smiled and pushed harder trying to catch up to her hearing her laughter. When they would reach the castle once more they would break a bit for air. As usual the Queen won. Not that he cared, it was always a fair race with her. He let her and the other calm more before beginning the fighting routine. When finished he'd let the two clean up as he'd go and tend to whatever his king may bid him for the day. "Morning Majesty. As usual, your queen has won the race, though Midus is faster then one would think looking at him. He almost beat me."  

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

13,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

xX_LoyalWolf_Xx
Crew

Amorous Werewolf

18,650 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:06 pm
Jareth had woken, feeling his queen move, yet gave no notion that he was as well. Once she was gone, he would get up, and get dressed. Then he would ponder over what he had thought recently. "So.... Oberon and Titania are fighting again, are they? Midus seems to have actually been lucky to escape the feud. However, that does not explain exactly what has caused this recent dispute. I am afraid we will be dragged into it, either way. No ignoring it this time." He would call for Twink to come in as he knew he was waiting. "So, Twink. She gave you a good workout? Good. We'll need you at your best. I fear, that things will get interesting soon."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:26 pm
Erin looked about after changing and speaking with Taris over plans of a party the goblins wanted. The current discussion as usual was over where to have this party. She sighed as Taris and a few others argued over the place. She looked to Midus letting the others talk. She smiled unsure how he was feeling. "Not really your crowd still huh. Can I ask you something?"

He followed along seeing her morning routine. He started to wonder about this mortal, but liked her. At her odd question he nodded. "You may ask me anything my Queen, though I must say, I am unaccustomed to such niceties."

"Please, call me Erin. I try to get Twink to call me such, but he's stubborn and it makes him happy so I let him slide." She paused holding her stomach a moment though the nausea passed quickly and unnoticeably as normal. "No, what I wanted to ask, is about his parents. Jareth's I mean. I've never met them and honestly, should they ever visit or we meet, I'd like to be prepared. I'm not known too well for holding my tongue, but when it comes to his family, I'd rather do so if I need to for him."

He watched her lifting a furred brow seeing her quick motion. He was used to seeing movements others may not. At her question he was unsure. "They are immortals. I'm not sure I should say. Oberon has kept my family in his mazes for centuries. The immortals are in war. Some are trying to overthrow his majesty and his line. Those who stay out of the fight are spared battle. Your husband is a wise man if you forgive my boldness." He watched her smile. It was an odd thing to feel as if he could speak freely here. He watched her stumble a bit holding her stomach once more. "My lady, ah, Erin, should you seek a medicine man?"

She nodded listening. She felt uneasy about Jareth not telling her this war business, though wasn't sure he knew, but if he did, she was sure he had his reasons. She felt sick again stronger then normal and almost stumbled. She shook it off seeing his worry. "I am fine. It's probably just a cold. But speaking of medicine men, how about we go get you acquainted with Slack. Slack and Twink help to keep Jareth up to date and advise on things. Slack is also a pretty decent healer. Helped me get back to full health." She smiled and motioned for him to follow through the halls and to Slack's room. She would knock lightly and await his answer before entering. "Slack? It's Erin, I brought our new guest Midus, are you in?"  

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

13,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

xX_LoyalWolf_Xx
Crew

Amorous Werewolf

18,650 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:04 pm
Slack looked to his door as he heard a knock upon it. He was busy creating new potions and such, and of course, was working on perfecting his aging process for his latest batch of root beer. "Come in!" He watched as Queen Erin walked through his door, followed by a large scraggly beast. "Well, then. It appears we have a new friend? Hello. My name is Slack, otherwise known as Slim Jack in the mortal world. "I'm Jareth's Alchemist and Pharmicist, and a bit of a personal advisor. So, if there's anything you need, let me know, huh?" He grabbed a nearby pitcher and poured a cup of Root Beer, and handed it to Erin. "Here you go, Erin. Fresh batch."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:13 pm
She smiled hearing his spiel and looked to Midas. "This is Midas, a gift from Jareth's parents." She took the rootbeer nodding as she sipped it. "Not bad, it's as I remember it. I need to come down here more often."

He nodded looking to the man before them seeing he was also immortal. At the physician comment he looked to the queen. "Forgive my overstepping, and not being here long, but perhaps a check on the queen? I've noticed she is mortal, but her scent is not quite like one, also she seems to be catching a cold of some sort." He caught the queen almost seem to choke on her drink and look worried. "Forgive me, I've overstepped."

She looked to Midas then Slack a moment. she sighed putting down the cup of soda. "Its nothing really, probably just a simple cold. Don't worry Midas, I'm tougher then I look." She smiled lightly but looked about the two of them unsure she needed a check up. "Wait, you knew I was mortal? Ignore that silly question. I suppose to anyone around here I'd stick out like a sore thumb huh." She meant it was a joke but didn't see him laughing. "What do you mean though that I don't smell normal?"  

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

13,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

xX_LoyalWolf_Xx
Crew

Amorous Werewolf

18,650 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:58 pm
Slack looked to Erin at the giant's mention of Erin being ill, and also noticed the smell. "Hm. Simple cold or not, it would be in the best interest of all if I took a look at you and ran some simple tests. Still remember a bit of my medical training from the mortal realm. We'll be fine. Just come and sit down, okay?" He led Erin over to a table, and had her sit down, and did some simple tests, taking blood pressure, temperature, and even drew blood. "Well, temperature and blood pressure seems fine, but I'll let you know about the blood test in a few days, okay?" He didn't want to say anything, but he could have sworn that she had twice as much presence lately than before.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:15 pm
She looked between the two sighing and nodding as she put the cup down to sit where directed. "Guess I can't argue with that logic." She sat there looking to Slack and listening and nodding. She would sit patiently as he did the tests and drew the blood. When finished she smiled slightly. "So see, I'll be fine, I'm sure it's nothing."

"I understand your apparent need for self preservation My Lady, but one should always be wise to one's health." He nodded to Slack keeping quiet though wondered what if anything would show. He was sure something was off about the woman though didn't want to overstep himself. He was given to this royal family to protect, as such he didn't want to create things that were not there to be worried of. When nothing really presented itself he was thankful it was nothing, though wondered what her blood would show, not that it was truly his business. When she stood he smiled and motioned to her. "At least we know everything for now is normal and well."

She nodded towards both before moving back to the door. "Well, I have our new guard to show around. As always, if you need me, call me Slack." She smiled waiving at Slack before heading off with Midas. She could tell something was bothering him and sighed. "Midas, please, don't stress too much if you've overstepped yourself. I really don't mind healthy debates, and I have a stubborn streak to boot. I tend to forget about things or deny them. So don't worry, okay? Just make sure you prepare for Jareth if you decide to debate with him." She smiled and lead him along knowing the rest of the day was hers to do what she wished, which given the state of her garden, it was time to pull weeds. "You can have the day to yourself if you'd like. I'm going to go clean up some of the garden."

He stayed along the castle walls until his shift was done. He felt odd with things they already knew was happening outside their walls. He soon would return to the throne room looking about beside the king. He would wait a bit before having a chance to speak. "Seems as usual the wars are staying on their own side. I am still worried majesty. What magic you've given me is trying to warn me of something coming, but it won't let me sense out what. I've doubled security just in case. And while I'm not a fan of our new addition, I'm glad he is watching over the queen."  

oO Lorelei Oo
Captain

Generous Mage

13,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

xX_LoyalWolf_Xx
Crew

Amorous Werewolf

18,650 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:05 pm
"Don't be so judgemental, Twink. While the Minotaur doesn't look very welcoming to be sure, but I have a suspicion that he'll be very helpful and very reliable should, and when, the day arrives." He pondered on the realization that a war would come to the Labyrinth once more, and he could not prevent this one this time. No matter how much he wanted to avoid it. "Twink. About the coming party. Why don't we invite Hoggle and the others? I'm sure that it will be better with them." He also knew, that wherever Hoggle, Ludo, and Didemous would go, that the one who hid in the shadows would come as well, even if she was no longer her self.  
One on One Role Play Only!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff