Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tempmus Chronicles

Back to Guilds

A guild where original ideas for stories can Blossom. And Bubbles. And okay, Buttercup, you can join too. 

Tags: Anthro, Original, Stories, Variety, Role Playing 

Reply The Tempmus Chronicles
Debate Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:03 pm
This is where we debate issues involving the guild.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:20 pm
I want to bring to attention that this guild has yet to have an RP limit as well as a coding system. I want to edit our limit, but we can either keep the old coding system or edit it as well.
Any thoughts?  

The Jolly Victini
Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:25 pm
Hmm... I'm very strongly against using anything remnant of the OLD system. That was a factor in causing that guild to go belly-up  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:45 pm
Well then, what do you suppose we do?  

The Jolly Victini
Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:41 pm
Well, the main thing that caused the system in the first place was Ryu's godmodding. Now that Ryu is no longer here, I'm sure we can trust eachother to not do that. If not, then we'll work from there.

I also have a proposal to the lack of a world map. Since the islands float around, couldn't they have a migration pattern of some kind, like ocean currents?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:32 am
I thought about this. What if, because the continents are now smaller islands and float around more freely, we had already invented a sort of magnetic field generator to keep all the islands from bumping into each other and remaining relatively motionless save for slowly rotating?  

The Jolly Victini
Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:16 pm
I like the idea of the currents idea. The magnetic field can keep them from colliding, but I think it would be cool if they all still drifted around.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:08 pm
Well, the magnetic fields would definitely keep things from crashing into one another, but could they not move around still? Like, say Hawaii rotated around the Pacific, and Australia does so too. At some pojnt, they come back to their original positions, but it's in a cycle of movement. This could also make for interesting weather patterns if the islands rotate towards and away from the equator line of Tempus in turn of eachother.

I was also wondering about the seafaring Torrans. I'd imagine it'd be hard to contain oceans on chunks of floating islands, and the actual planet is miles below them. Where exactly are they sailing?  

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:34 am
I agree. I think it would be really interesting to have them drift around. Certain places become easier to access, and weather changes. People who don't like other nations could drift closer, and tensions get high.

And as for the sea faring Torrans, I originally had them just be a home world based Clan due to the gas, and the oceans being separated from everything else. But then I remembered the air-pirates. The Mintric Clan could have adapted itself to use airships instead of seaships.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:40 pm
If they use airships, wouldn't they be about the same as the other aviation clan, minus the repairman mechanics?  

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:17 pm
I was thinking the pilots would use jets and actual planes, faster and far more nimble. While the sailors would use giant airships, based on blimps, that are slow and lumbering, but are massive in attack and defense. Because with the o sans floating around separate from the rest of the planet, it would make the seafaring Torrans only useful on their home world.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:54 pm
Yeah, I can see your point, but wouldn't the difference in speed and agility of the airships be irrelevant? I mean, they're both aviation vehicles of SOME kind.  

Fadedepic

Popular Streaker

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:17 am
That's a good point. Unless we want to make the gas the the islands sit on extremely dense, dense enough for things to float on it, then we could put the seafarers on there. Have regular ships, just sailing on gas instead of ocean.

Also, with the teleporters between each landmass consisting of almost all travel, it makes the idea of the pirates almost nonexistent. They can attack the land. But then they aren't really pirates. And they would be outmatched. So I was thinking we should only have teleporters from very specific places, like very major cities, and the ret of travel is by boat or airship. So then the pirates become much larger, persistent threats.

Quote:
Dakota - sonicman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:44 am
Or make the teleporters an option. Like, the equivalent of taking a trip on a plane. Kind of pricey tickets or passes just to go into one teleporter. That way, not EVERYONE can afford to just teleport anywhere, so a secondary for of travel is flying. And yes, the islands ARE floating on the gas from below. I told you this before. So, Yeah, ferries that just kinda, float with little to no mechanical propulsion would work. Also, no gas masks would be needed. From our height, the gas has absolutely no more effect than breathing in air. A few hundred feet deeper into the gas, and that's where you can get fatally poisoned.  

The Jolly Victini
Captain

Friendly Shapeshifter

Fenrir Shade
Vice Captain

Aged Raider

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:58 am
But why would our characters choose anything other than the teleporters? They're faster, and if they save the world a few times I'm sure they'll get free rides through them. So price isn't an issue. So I think there should only be three or four of them branching out to the four largest cities/kingdoms/important areas, just for convenience of trade and travel from one population/trade hub, to another.  
The Tempmus Chronicles

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff