Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:38 pm
"A crater which was not there before. I sensed....something similar to myself during my....fight with Strength. This crater seems to be the reason it's no longer here. Interesting."

His attention got turned towards the soldier.
"It is in your best interest to not do that. I am already agitated thanks to your boss. Having a few buzzing flies making noise around me is not helping the situation at hand. Please tell me what transpired here. I would like to know." Legio spoke to the soldier.

"Do not worry. This mindscape is yours. You will not get any new tenants."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:17 pm
The wolf felt some relief. Being surrounded by hundreds of screaming minds wasn't on her list of "likes."

"It sounds like you're at a meteor impact site. Those goons probably took it, or whatever poor rando it hit, away already."

The soldier didn't budge. His gaze, like every other man there, was hidden by a full faced visor.

"Ten. Nine. Eight."

"Kid's got some balls. He's either stupid, or they've developed something new since Freya was locked up there."

"Seven. Six. Five."

The other soldiers moved into a two row crescent formation. The one's up front dropped into a crouching position. The lot of the leveled their weapons at the intruder and fired up the attachments on the bottom of their rifle barrels.

"Hey, just incase those aren't laser or plasma rifles that I hear warming up, are you going to do that thing Neo does with the bullets?"

"Four. Three. Two."

"And don't tell me you don't know what I'm talking about. You have Freya's memories, and she'd watched The Matrix almost as many times as Fight Club."

"One."

"Seriously though, if you let these cookie cutter grunts kill you after surviving what I threw at you,
I'm going to be furious."

"FIRE!  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:35 pm
Nova Blancke
"Language, girls! The little ones are here." After that she turned to Leo and put her hands on his." She is partially right. I had to leave to keep the Titan class away from you all. They were getting more focused. You all needed more time to finish the machine. I ...fought them for months. It wasn't easy but...you know me. I'm quite stubborn. I just wish I noticed the smaller ones faster. I'm sorry."

Leo's lips tightened. It didn't take him long to mentally run through the same series of complaints Ravan had screamed at his mother earlier. But that was just it; Ravan had attempted to cover for her. That meant that she either knew what Crystalion was up to, or she had already given his mother the business.

The look in the petite blonde's eyes suggested the latter. He took a harsh deep breath, let out a heavy sigh, and looked to Liv. "I'm...going to guess that Ravan has already...voiced her opinion. Knowing her it was loud and destructive enough for all three of us. So I'm just going to say that you should've told at least told Ravan, Dawn, and I what you were doing."

"I'm going to be angry for a while, but I'm glad you could come with us."
he said with an uneasy smile.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:50 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi

"…Freya Soichi died at the hands of Legion's b*****d spawn, so I know where she obtained the stone she attempted to kill Eclipse with."

WHAT!? she gritted her teeth and formed a fist. She rubbed her head listening to Silhouette.
Rikki Tikki Travi

Silhouette whispered in Trinity's mind in an attempt to preempt her host's possible outburst. "Steel yourself, Trinity. We will have time to deal with the events leading to Freya's death after we deal with Crosis."

That was who… why did she not take me with her!? At a loss for words she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Sil was right she needed to keep it together.

To take on Death himself should he try to take a life prematurely. With that in mind she stepped out from behind Cassandra. "Back off! He's a citizen here and it's my duty to ensure his protection. Soul or no soul" Her eyes shimmered as she spoke.  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:51 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi

"There are no souls within the Hellstar. Like Shane Morris, the beast only retains the conscious memories of the beings it ingests. To his credit, his act of sacrificing his soul so that the others may return was nob-."

Then it hit him. The hood whirled around to face Damien. A horrible rumbling emanated from within the cloak. The boy was beyond his senses because there was no soul in it. That meant it was like the thing that had consumed Freya. It was Legion's spawn. It was the Hellstar's herald.

"YOU!" he howled in a fit of rage. Something within his cloak began to glow a pale, ghostly blue.

Nova Blancke
Cassandra listened. But that was all she did. She knew nothing of this matter nor did she care. But she did have a good sense of danger, especially when it was towards her kid. Now was the time. Immediately she jumped in front of Damian and was ready to punch this thing back to where it came from.

Kerana watched as the exchange transpired. At the mention of Freya's passing her eyes was went to Trinity. She watched as the head of security looked so pissed she was going to lash out and say something like 'THE HELL!' 'IT CAN'T BE!' or 'DAMN IT!' but for some reason that didn't happen. Instead she rubbed her head.

Then Crosis threatened Cassandra's son. As she was in position to be ready to defend him Kerana went to him. The saw Trinity step beside Cassandra. The foxgirl looked at Alec and if he knew her well enough he knew she was up to. She whispered loud enough for Cassandra to hear, "Cassandra I'm taking Damien to medical." She got a good grip of Damien and started to make her way out of the morgue.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:03 pm
Ravan had stopped squabling with Dawn as soon as Liv told them to watch their language. She was afraid that Leo would react as badly as she had, but that fear was quickly followed by relief.

Dawn started to tear up again. She rounded the foot of the bed and embraced her mother again. "He's right. We all thought you were dead, or worse. I cried for so long I didn't think I'd ever cry again. But here I am now, with you and...and...I'm so happy you're alive and here with us."

In the hallways the connected the rooms, a nurse tripped over himself and dropped a metal tray of instruments. The resulting clatter caused the children to scream and cry out instnctively.

Ravan was om top of the source of the noise in an instant. When she saw the apologetic nurse, she cursed under her breath and went out to where the kids were crying and huddling.

"It's okay. Guys, it's okay. Legion's monsters aren't here. Someone just dropped something noisy."

Once she was satisfied that the kids were calming down, she returned to Leo's room. She sighed, and noticed that her hands were still shaking from the sudden rush of adrenaline. She looked at them and concentrated on regaining control, and then over to the others.

Dawn had also been trembling. She realized that she was holdong Liv tighter than what might me comfortable and eased up. "We're going to be scared for the rest of our lives, aren't we?" she asked Crystalion.  

BeaMichelle

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:49 pm
Crosis had been creeping toward the boy, but then Trinity and Cassandra blocked his way. He swiped his arm to the side and mewled, "Get out of my way! That creature has to die! It will betray you!"

Silhouette began to hear a faint high pitched whistle in her head that was steadily increasing in volume. Something that Crosis had said was causing her mind to attack itself. "Haugh! What is this pain?!" she cried out to Trinity.

Crosis noticed Kerana try to escape with Damien. He screeched "No!" and thrust his hand at the doorway. An impenetrable wall of tortured, ghastly, and screaming human faces blocked the way. The glow under his cloak glowed brighter. He began to stumble backwards, clutching at the center of the glow and growling in agony.

The whistling in Silhouette's head began to subside just in time to see her past lover in increasing pain.

"Crosis, what's-"

But then she noticed the glow. She knew what was happening.

"Fight it! You can't let it consume you!"

The hood turned toward Trinity's shadow and insisted through strained gasps, "I...have been...for two thousand...years. I can't...the hatred is..."

His hands went to his head, trying to resist the thing that was taking what little sanity he had. He fell to his knees, lowered his head, and arched his back. The lights in the room began to flicker out of control as several skeletal apendages whithed and tore through his cloak. With a howling scream of fleeting defiance he raised his head and blew out all the lights in the morgue, bathing the room in darkness.

Alec didn't know what happened to the Reaper, but he knew that they were no longer in Valhalla. He raised a hand and emitted a living blue flame that found the closest torch, which in turn lit the remainder of the torches in the room.

The room looked like the morgue, but it was decayed, rusted, and dilapidated. He looked around and saw that Kerana, Cassandra, Damien, Theonis, and Trinity were all there as well.

But then he saw a strange outline at Trinity's feet.
In was a pale woman with long dark hair who was adorned in a black gown.

Silhouette was laying still on the ground at Trinity's feet. She was conscious, but it had been a very long time since she had a physical body outside of the shadow realm, and she was feeling very ill. Her silver eyes turned in Trinity's direction. "Trin...ity." she rasped while trying in vain to lift an arm.

Damien began to stir in Kerana's arms.
He wasn't yet awake, but he was receiving all the negative energy of where they were. He grimaced as though he were having a nightmare.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:08 pm
"There is no meteor here. Not is there a trace of it."

Legio did not respond to the rest of her banter. But he did understand the references. Along with the Bleach comment Freya made earlier. So that was what she meant. In retrospect it seemed he was going full Bleach on her. When the grunt shouted fire, nothing happened. Legio had frozen them in place with a combination of telekinesis and mind control. For them it would be as if time had stopped. He walked over to the first one and examined the gun. Taking it off of the trapped soldier. Though he had no notion of how it worked, he consumed it. Perhaps he could use this in combination with Strength's power.

Afterwards he looked around to see if he could find anything. There was something in the air that felt strange but he could not do anything with it. Something to keep in mind for now.

"I am against needless, killing pain or suffering. It serves no purpose but you did do a good number on me and I need to consume to prevent such a thing from happening again. Consuming them gives me access to the workings of Daedelus. Foot soldiers would not know much but surely it will be educational. I did warn them."

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:25 pm
In these kinds of situations he did not know what to do. This whole shtick with Ancients was still unknown territory for him. In normal situations he would be able to deal with it. Kerena tried to escape with Damian it seemed but was blocked by a wall of...hell? He had no idea what the hell was going on. No pun intended. But he did know that whatever was happening to Crosis was not good for all of them. It was...bizarre to say the least. But that howl did catch him of guard as did what came afterwards.

It was dark but a blue flame seemed to float towards a torch which in turn lit the rest. Why were there torches here? They didn't even have those! This place looked like the morgue but decayed. Not looked after for years. The type you see in video games. This ******** ******** hell...." He muttered as he looked around to try and get his bearings." What is this? Purgatory?!" It was then that he noticed a woman next to Trinity.

"Sil?"

Cassandra was just as surprised but she did not wait. She charged at the wall and punched it. Enough with all of this. If there won't be an exit then she'd create one.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:43 pm
"I know.....I messed up but it was all for everyone." Crystalion responded." Don't force yourself to smile sweetie. I deserve your anger."

Then Dawn hugged her once more. She took one hand from Leo's and wrapped that one arm around her daughter. The mother was going to respond but was interrupted by the noise. Her own grip tightened on both of her children. A light flared up from within her but subsided when Ravan reported back. She took a deep breath and eased up.

"It's going to be easier for the little ones then for us. But we will manage. As we always have and always will. We are fighters, survivors every single one of us.
We're going to need the help but we will have plenty of distractions here. That I can assure you. There are so many things to do. It's going to take a lot of time but eventually it will feel like a distant memory. "

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:36 pm
Nova Blancke
"I am against needless, killing pain or suffering. It serves no purpose but you did do a good number on me and I need to consume to prevent such a thing from happening again. Consuming them gives me access to the workings of Daedelus. Foot soldiers would not know much but surely it will be educational. I did warn them."

"Tch, and yet you were perfectly content keeping Freya from killing something that professes in wanton killing. Did you know that before you approached him he had those four girls shoot several helicopters out of the sky? On top of the people they carried, the wreckage fell on a highly populated beach, killings hundreds. Why? Just because he wanted to play head games with the few of us that made it off the island and tried to save those people. But y'know...you do you I guess."

"Anyway, I wouldn't feel too bad about these guys. Freya got captured while she was gaining intel for Gidget on Daedalus. Sometime after Trinity and Gidget took Valhalla from the bad guys, they stopped using recruits and mercenaries for their private army. Go ahead and take a look under their helmets. Unless this whole platoon was born from the same mother minutes apart, these boys are clones. They probably know just enough to cover their mission."
advised the wolf.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:46 pm
Leo took a deep breath in order to calm his nerves from the "urgent" noise. Part of him felt foolish for jumping at something to benign. He did admit to Dawn's point. They were going to be on edge for a very long time. But there was something else bothering him too. Something that had been on his mind since before they left, but he was hesitant to say anything about.

"Mom...I don't think we can stay here. At least not for long. There are too many people that we know: Gidget, my birth mother, Dad, not to mention a younger you. We might cause a disruption being here. I think we should limit as much contact with anyone who isn't on the medical staff, get the kids healthy, and then make our way on the surface."

Nova Blancke

BeaMichelle

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:04 am
Alec saw what Cassandra was planning to do and reached out to her while calling out, "No no no! Don't-"

The wall easily gave way to her infinite strength. The debris flew out and down into a seemingly endless darkness. The room they were in was a box that was suspended in absolute nothingness.

Alec tumbled out of bed and stood up on his freshly healed legs (courtesy of Kerana's kiss.) He rushed over to Cassandra and attempted to pull her away from the hole she made just in time to avoid almost a dozen barbed and hooked chains that came from the darkness and sailed at the opening like harpoons.

He waved a hand at the metal invaders and sent them away, back to the abyss from whence they came. With a pulling motion he brought the wall back to the state it was in.

"You can't just bust out of here like that. He doesn't let the damned out, and the chains bypass any sort of invulnerability or healing." he cautioned Cassandra.

He stood up and looked over at Theonis with hauntingly pale eyes that almost glowed in the darkness they found themselves in. "You're not entirely wrong, Mister Richards." he stated with confidence. "We're in his world now. Where two hours on Earth is two years here. This is the realm of death."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:49 am
Ravan approached the bed and yelled, "You've got to be kidding?! We just got here and you're already talking about leaving. Why would we ever leave? This place has doors that give you any clothes that you ask for. Running water. A medical staff with actual training. And I assume they have food here too. This place is a fortress!"

Dawn got up from her mother's embrace and nodded in agreement with Ravan. "She's right, Leo. The benefits outweigh the risks. We don't have to tell them who we are. Well, Dad already knows because Ravan told him, but to everyone else we are just survivors. Plus the kids have a support system here. From what Gidget told us, the surface isn't exactly friendly with metahumans in this time."  

BeaMichelle

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:24 am
"This place is the best place to be for us. If you truly want a future for the kids or yourself then this is the place the start. I get it that you'd want to stay on the move. It's what we've always done. I too get itchy when I stay in one spot for too long." Crystalion chimed in.

"Stay here for a few months. Adapt to your new world. Go outside and explore. Just not alone. None of you know anything about how the world works here. Only what we've told you. So for now...just rest. We'll talk to your father and the rest tomorrow. In this time he seems to be in charge of this place. Yeah, it's going to be weird I mean, he's 20 years in here." Cyrstalion shook her head with a soft laugh at the end.

"So let's get you all cleaned up. Cuz you all kinda stink. Then we're gonna get some food in you people. Some real food. No more canned food. Hell ,even an apple would be heavenly."

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games