Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:07 pm
It looked like she had no choice. Walked up to the sphere she knew she could not hold back even one bit in there. There was a good chance she had to push herself further than she had ever done before. Touching the dome she let herself get sucked in.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:55 pm
The Grand Hall disappeared as Liv entered the sphere. The inside was much MUCH larger than the outside suggested.

The environment around her was a war torn landscape of fire and lightning. Remnants of a once thriving civilization dotted the land as far as her eyes could see.

There were, however, visible exits to those who possessed shadow travel capability. Just behind those exits, and the area outside of them, were the nightmare creatures from her vision. They seemed to be beating against an invisible wall.

A few hundred yards away, in the center of the "zone," there was a grand battle taking place between two opponents. Sparks of light, shadow, throwing weapons, and shouts flashed for a split second before happening in another area close by.

Kaelonni was no longer wearing her royal regalia. She was wearing the warrior attire of a Queen. Dusk only smiled as she fought the hardest she had ever fought in her life.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:58 pm
Liv carefully took in her surroundings. But...unfortunately she recognized it. She saw the same thing when she first gained the eyes. How the hell was any of this possible? This wasn't the shadow realm was it? It looked completely different. But all of that wasn't what got to her. No, it were those...things...Decaelum! Now that Liv had processed the information that had been crammed into her head, she understood the dire situation. Those...things...were a whole lot closer to this world than previously believed.

She started to run. Her run became faster until she blinked away. Almost touching the 'ceiling' of the dome she reappeared and scanned the environment. It was then that she saw what the Queen meant that she would die at the end. There was no way she could keep this up. Liv wanted to help. She did but what could she possibly do? She couldn't even keep track of the battle without using the eyes which she had been told would lead her to permanent blindness.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:13 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi

Sill honed in on the source of the flaming monstrosities.

"There's a cathedral. He's standing on top of it. Ten o'clock, sixty degrees up. He's still chanting so he must be cooking up something else."

Got it Trinity dashed forward into one of the shadows of trees. From the corner she watched as he chanted. Anything else? she waited for Sill's response then emerged from his shadow. She rest the blade of her glaive under his neck, "I'm going to say this once. Stop chanting, or I will make you stop." She pressed the blade against his neck.

((OOC let me know if I need to edit this)  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:23 pm
The battle came to an abrupt end when Dusk had successfully impaled the Queen with a blade that was oozing with shadow power. She dropped her own blade, the family weapon Izayoi, and clutched where her body was starting to turn black at the mid section.

Dusk cackled in her face, "It's over Kaelonni. Oh, I wish you could hear your brother crying right now. I tell you, it's absolutely hilarious hearing him like this. Oh don't fight it now, let the void flow through you."

Kaelonni grimaced and looked around for something she could use. That's when she saw Liv out of the corner of her eye. For a moment she seemed to smile at the woman she had entrusted her eyes to.

She looked into Dusk's eyes and smirked. "Enjoy your hollow victory. You may have beaten me, but I wont allow my body to be used as your tool."

The queen whipped her hand to her side and deployed a hidden blade. It twisted slightly, allowing the grip to fall neatly in the palm of her hand. With one swift motion she drew the blade across her throat and severed her carotid artery.

There was a quick spray of blood that got into Dusk's eyes. He gagged and covered his eyes reflexively and pulled the blade from Kaelonni's midsection.

Time seemed to slow down for the Queen as she succumbed to her self inflicted mortal wound. She silently asked Liv and the others to stop Dusk's vile plans. Her final thoughts were of her daughter and husband. She hoped they would be alright without her.

Kaelonni fell to her knees before falling to the ground like a rag doll. Her prediction had come to pass.

Dusk wiped the blood from his eyes and spat on Kaelonni's corpse.

"b***h." he hissed.

He stepped over to Izayoi and picked it up with no regard for it's history. He then slid it into the now empty scabbard that housed the blade that killed Adam Crescent.

Without warning or provocation he turned his head and look in the direction of Liv.

Did you enjoy the show? I'm sure it was nothing compared to your reunion with Dawn. Wish I could have been there for that. One can never have a good enough laugh.

He held the blade that finished Kaelonni to his side. It was the darkest black and seemed to hum. It had little of a discernible shape and the light around it seemed to fade and slide into it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:32 pm
Grim's head spun 180 degrees to face Trinity. He gazed into her eyes with his own dead, rotting orbs.

"You could try to silence me, but it'll take more than a little nick from that useless weapon."

His back began to wriggle strangely when suddenly several large bone spike erupted from his back

Trinity's own shadow moved without her willing it and took the shape of a female human. Sill had taken direct control of it and maneuvered herself between the necromancer and Trinity. She managed to transport them into the shadow realm, which in turn caused her to be impaled by the spikes.

She grunted, but she knew the pain was temporary since she could heal just as quickly as she's injured in the shadow realm.

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:25 pm
Liv knew what would happen. See too had seen it through short and brief glimpses. The moment the Queen lost she knew it was now somehow up to her. But why her? Why entrust her with something like this? There was no way she could beat him! But those thoughts were slowly fading as he spoke. About her sister. How it would have made him laugh.

"It's nothing compared to what I am going to do to you Dusk." Liv shouted as anger took hold. Suddenly a barrage of lasers rained down upon Dusk from above. Liv herself blinked to the ground shortly after they hit the ground. She would reappear before him with her blade of light extending from her hands but blink behind him only to reemerge before him again to strike.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:06 pm
Dusk smirked and lifted his blade toward the incoming lasers. With one swift motion his weapon devoured the light beams.

When Liv appeared before him he swiped at her only to hit nothing. His back exploded in a spray of black blood and he lurched forward.

"Gaahow. That was pretty tricky. That power makes you a hair faster than the Queen. Looks like I'll have to get tricky too."

Smoking threads burst from his back and stitched the wound shut.

"By the way, what do you think of my home? This is where Silhouette and I came from, y'know? Yup, not too long before Earth looks juuuuust liiiiike thiiiis."

Rikki Tikki Travi

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:29 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi

Grim's head spun 180 degrees to face Trinity. He gazed into her eyes with his own dead, rotting orbs.

"You could try to silence me, but it'll take more than a little nick from that useless weapon."

His back began to wriggle strangely when suddenly several large bone spike erupted from his back

Trinity's own shadow moved without her willing it and took the shape of a female human. Sill had taken direct control of it and maneuvered herself between the necromancer and Trinity. She managed to transport them into the shadow realm, which in turn caused her to be impaled by the spikes.

She grunted, but she knew the pain was temporary since she could heal just as quickly as she's injured in the shadow realm.

Trinity was not expecting a full head turn, Well you don't see that every day… Nor was she expecting her shadow to shape shift on its own What the… By looking at the shadow she avoided the spikes. It hit her when she got a better look it hit her, "Sill!" She then found herself in the shadow realm and retracted her glaive in the process. Trinity was back with Sill, "Thanks for the assist. How are you holding up? I must admit I'm not that experienced when it comes to the undead."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:58 am
Lv appeared again but had distance between them. She had to watch out for that blade. It seemed to eat light. Right now she wished she had drained more people completely so she had a bigger arsenal. Now she had a few temporarily ones. Despite not having used Animation from that little girl more than a month ago she wondered if it also worked on corpses. After all...it animated the lifeless.

"I never much cared for loud neighbors. Like the ones pounding on whatever it is they are pounding on." Liv replied. She needed an actual weapon. But they only ones around were both in Dusk's possession. "She told me about it. Didn't quite believe her. Still don't." It was a good thing he didn't know she had the eyes. It would be her trump card.

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Deora_Alvarez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:23 pm
Kerana
Kerana looked to Deora, a little weirded out about the offer. Though she should be more used to it considering how many friends she has that have a similar gift. None of them, as far as she knew do not have the ability to reach out to such distances, but she wasn't sure with Alexavier.

Back to the question at hand, normally in this scenario she'd like a normal two sided conversation but time was of the essence. Since he already knew why she was here, "How about we cut to the chase? You know why we're here, go ahead and tell us your answer."

She hoped he could really help. Her tail swayed low but anxiously.

Nova Blancke
"Nope. I know I'm the strongest psychic around here but even I don't have that kind of range. Sorry kiddo."

Deora had followed along with her friend, even when she felt like the awkward third wheel in Alec's room. She'd busied herself with her phone, trying not to intrude on their privacy, but couldn't help but overhear Alec's prophecy. The psychic thing still creeped her out, but she tried not to let it show in front of Kerana. Her parents had always told her that psychics were fake, just another form of false magic used to entertain people and lighten their wallets. Seeing it used to actually tell the future just seemed wrong, even if she couldn't deny the proof.

That made the experience of visiting Alexavier that much more creepy. This wasn't some woo-woo fortune telling like most fake psychics use. This was actual mind reading, and it creeped her right out. It was one thing to read the future, it was another to pry into someone's mind. Even with their permission. She did her best to think of brick walls, like she'd read in books. The darker corners of her mind were something she'd rather keep to herself. She didn't want to subject other people to what lurked there.

She realized that her thoughts had wandered, and tried to think of that brick wall again as Alexavier gave his answer. His cocky response wasn't something she wanted to hear. It was one thing to be proud of your power, that was something she was just now starting to feel herself, but it was another matter to be so smug in your confidence while you explained that you were useless. Seeing that much overconfidence in a power as inherently creepy as mind reading, infuriated her.

"What do you mean, 'she's out of range?' She was here just earlier today! What, in a few hours, she's outside your coverage area? What's your range, a block?" In the back of her mind, she realized it might be a bad idea to speak to a psychic like that, but she just couldn't stand that level of smugness. "Kay, why did we even come to this guy?" She asked her friend, jerking a thumb at Alex.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:31 pm
PixelMuse
[Trinity was not expecting a full head turn, Well you don't see that every day… Nor was she expecting her shadow to shape shift on its own What the… By looking at the shadow she avoided the spikes. It hit her when she got a better look it hit her, "Sill!" She then found herself in the shadow realm and retracted her glaive in the process. Trinity was back with Sill, "Thanks for the assist. How are you holding up? I must admit I'm not that experienced when it comes to the undead."

Sill cut off the shadow link and severed the bones that were sticking out of her. Within seconds her wounds had healed.

"I'll be fine. So long as I'm in this realm and there's no mithril I can heal almost immediately."

"An undead of this caliber usually has some sort of parasite or insect that is in place of it's heart. But the necromancer is a crafty one. He may have multiple parasites. We need to do something that will eliminate his entire body. Fire would work best."

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:50 pm
Nova Blancke
Lv appeared again but had distance between them. She had to watch out for that blade. It seemed to eat light. Right now she wished she had drained more people completely so she had a bigger arsenal. Now she had a few temporarily ones. Despite not having used Animation from that little girl more than a month ago she wondered if it also worked on corpses. After all...it animated the lifeless.

"I never much cared for loud neighbors. Like the ones pounding on whatever it is they are pounding on." Liv replied. She needed an actual weapon. But they only ones around were both in Dusk's possession. "She told me about it. Didn't quite believe her. Still don't." It was a good thing he didn't know she had the eyes. It would be her trump card.

Dusk cackled and shook his head. "Are you really so daft that you can't see what's going on? I suppose it would be lost on you."

"That thing that they are pounding on is what's left of Lumen's barrier. The Decaelum are soooooo close it's almost unbearable. I've managed to punch this much of a hole in my mother's barrier, but the one made of light is beyond my power."

"But whatever, enough about this place. Let's talk about how I'm going to keep you juuuuuust alive enough to feel every fiber of your being torn apart by the void."
he taunted while waving the void blade to and fro. He still had the two other blade's he came with stowed away, and Izayoi now added to his collection.

"I see you looking at this. It's mine, y'know. It was made just for me so I could do my part in keeping them sealed. It's like a hand held black hole. I could swallow this entire planet with it if I wanted to, but that would spoil the fun of leaving it for the Decaelum to reap what they have sown."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:30 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
Gidget nodded back to Ako, leaned back against the pillar, took a deep breath, leaned over to throw up, and then sat back up again. The thumping bass was pissing her off. She hated feeling sick. She felt good for the first time in weeks today, and this little p***k had to ruin it for her.

Her right hand expanded again. She swung it around the pillar and fired several shots at the DJ while she ran toward Ako.

DJ Dead Light did not duck this time. He knew the machine girl was firing wildly. The moment she poked her hand out the bass began it's drop. Two seconds later and the barrage of lights and pounding sound waves intercepted three of the shots she had fired while the rest had went wide during the drop.

One of the sound waves hit her bionic leg and swept it out from underneath her, causing her to fall forward with a shout. She slid the last few feet toward Ako.

Her right hand returned to normal as she brought her hands back to her ears to drown out the noise. She was relieved when it returned to that stupid bass rhythm.

"Ugh...what an a*****e." she grunted.

"He is actually timing the bass drops. We have about a two second window before the light show starts."

Ako meant to catch Gidget as she approached, but the blast of noise forced his eyes closed and made him suddenly glad he hadn't eaten much that day as he dry retched. His mouth tasted of bile, but nothing came up. His eyes opened in time to let him help Gidget up as she skidded to a stop near him. He tried to blink the headache and buzzing away as Gidget explained the timing of her plan, but it felt like a pound of cotton was thoroughly lodged in each ear, as well as his brain. He caught the gist of her words, though. "Let's get this over with, then." Witty it was not, but witty had been knocked out of him when his bike hit the concrete.  

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:41 am
Well there goes that idea...She thought that maybe she could sent him to her world of Light to see if that blade could handle it. If it absorbs all light...what would happen if it couldn't? But if that barrier is made from Lumen's power and the Light World is also made by Lumen it could weaken the barrier right?

She went over her arsenal in her mind.
Drain- Just Draining Trinity gave her nightmares for a month but it would be one of her last resorts.
Animation...useless for now unless it could be used on corpses.
Explosion- Definitely useful
Blizzard- Has it uses
and Ako's Lightning. That would be very useful as well.

"What the hell do you mean? Reap what they've sown?" But before allowed him to respond she attacked. Liv fired around 10 small orbs that circled around him firing smaller blasts of light. But one of them was not as it seemed. A small orb detonated with the force of a small grenade. Let's see him use that sword to block that!

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games