Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:01 am
It didn't take long for Shane to help Annie get everything situated. He also didn't trust the two newcomers. Their presence complicated things greatly. He had a hard enough time controlling his hunger without them present, but now his dark passenger craved the power that could come from consuming Alexavier.

After getting everyone into the van, Shane drove casually from the war zone/parking lot. Meanwhile Gidget was fascinated by the two new people, especially the new girl. She gawked and mumbled at Cassandra as the group made their exit.

"This is bullshit Annie. You should have just done what I'd asked. I would have been alright."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:20 am
Gidget waited patiently for everyone to amass in the assembly hall. Once everyone was generally sitting and conversing among themselves, she turned on her internal microphone and began to speak through the hall's speakers.

"Please settle down and take your seats. Thank you for coming everyone. Today is both a sad and joyous day. Yesterday the Matron safe house was raided by Daedalus troops. This was an attack that resulted in the passing of a very old and much storied metahuman. Thankfully, due to the efforts of our head of security and another newcomer slash her boyfriend, their attack was repelled and Daedalus was forced to retreat before they could take anyone captive.

"Sitting in the front rows are those brave souls that withstood the attack and have chosen to stay with us here at Valhalla. Their presence here is another step toward building the understanding and knowledge necessary to obtain peace between humans and those humans that have been changed by the meteors."

"Although we are called metahuman, the key word in that phrase is human. We may look different, or have extraordinary abilities, we are still at our cores the people we were before the meteor showers changed our bodies. We are still human, and one day that will be understood and accepted by those who persecute and hunt us."

"I ask now that you welcome our new friends with open arms, just as you were welcomed when you arrived. Does anyone have any questions of me as long as I am up here?"

Rikki Tikki Travi

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:35 am
Rikki Tikki Travi
It didn't take long for Shane to help Annie get everything situated. He also didn't trust the two newcomers. Their presence complicated things greatly. He had a hard enough time controlling his hunger without them present, but now his dark passenger craved the power that could come from consuming Alexavier.

After getting everyone into the van, Shane drove casually from the war zone/parking lot. Meanwhile Gidget was fascinated by the two new people, especially the new girl. She gawked and mumbled at Cassandra as the group made their exit.

"This is bullshit Annie. You should have just done what I'd asked. I would have been alright."

Annie settled into the car's front seat her eyes narrowed dangerously at Shane, "You should know me well enough by now to know that I take orders from no-one. Maybe you think you could handle the problem, but at what cost? Hundreds of civilians? You getting a hold of their power? That would have been real good considering your ability to control yourself is lessening more and more."

"I have my son now, the only reason I am staying with you is because I want to," Annie snapped. "I still think that restoring Gidget's soul to her body is wrong. It isn't what she would want. I am not going to be the one to take that upon myself- that's you- all you. However, I am not going to stop you either because that is what you want. And what you want and what will make you happy I have been overlooking because I love you."

She clenched her fists, her nails digging into her palms, drawing blood. She was furious but she was controlling her power for now. In a low voice she said, "Do not cross me, Shane. I will contact 'the machine' and tell her your plans if I have to. I am not some infatuated seventeen year old girl anymore. I do have my own objectives."

"If that is a problem," Annie continued feeling a few drops of blood dripping from her clenched fists, "tell me now. I and my son will leave. But know this now, if I leave I will tell 'the machine' your plans. The only way you could stop me from doing that is to kill me. So, if I am a problem than fine. Go ahead take care of me. I am not scared of you."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:28 am
Kerana
"No worries I'm sure we can make those new guests fell all the more welcomed cat_smile
Who knows they may stay because of how we welcomed them cat_biggrin " She started to eat.

Deora_Alvarez
"I hope so. I still don't know how you managed to get me to stay here." She joked as she took a bite of her eggs.

Then moments later Gidget's announcement came on the intercome, the girls gave their full attention to it. "Wow time flies huh? We better get ready to go." Kerana checked the mirror and put on her cutest school-girl outfit. She added a little make-up and powdered her nose a little then sneezed a little as she did so. With a few finishing touches and 15 minutes to spare she was ready to attend the social gathering.

When Deora was ready she grabbed her by the wrist. "C'mon Deora! I don't want to be late!" They rushed down in time to hear Gidget's introductory speech. "Heh heh, she mentioned the head of security, Trinity is so awesome." she said and sighed briefly in admiration. "We'll stick together... let's go say hi to the lizard lady."

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

Deora_Alvarez

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:08 pm
Deora quickly ate the rest of her breakfast, hurrying to the bathroom to at least brush her teeth and make sure her hair was straight. She'd barely set the brush down before Kerana was pulling her out the door.

Deora couldn't match Kerana's awe for Trinity, but she knew how much the woman had helped her, and she could recognize how much she had helped these new people. She really was a savior of sorts, and Deora could admire her for that.

She nodded at Kerana's idea to stick together. She was no good at making a good first impression on her own, so Kerana wouldn't just be a big help, Deora wouldn't be any good here without her bubbly personality.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:23 pm
Ako had gotten the rest of his wits about him well before Gidget's announcement of the new arrivals, but he wasn't sue if he's want to go see them or not. Why should he care? He didn't know them, and he was no good at introductions or making people feel at home. He may have been at some point, but recently he'd become more of a dark shadow across the door to anyone but those who knew him. Should he really darken this occasion with his presence?

He had almost resigned himself to stay in his room until he realized; Gidget would be there. He felt as though he hadn't spoken to her in months. she might be just the person he needed to talk to. He had to get outside, he needed something to do. This was the longest he'd stayed in one place in years, and it was slowly starting to drive him crazy.

He finally decided to at least drop in on the reception, if only to try and steal Gidget away for a moment.

~~

Even with the GPS, it took him a little longer than he'd expected to get to the assembly hall. He hesitated outside the door for a moment before going in, just in time to hear Gidget ask if there were any questions. He had plenty, but none to be spoken here. He casually waited by the wall just inside the door, arms crossed, as he waited for an opportunity to speak with her.  

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:27 pm
Deora_Alvarez
Deora quickly ate the rest of her breakfast, hurrying to the bathroom to at least brush her teeth and make sure her hair was straight. She'd barely set the brush down before Kerana was pulling her out the door.

Deora couldn't match Kerana's awe for Trinity, but she knew how much the woman had helped her, and she could recognize how much she had helped these new people. She really was a savior of sorts, and Deora could admire her for that.

She nodded at Kerana's idea to stick together. She was no good at making a good first impression on her own, so Kerana wouldn't just be a big help, Deora wouldn't be any good here without her bubbly personality.

Kerana wasn't hard to spot and neither was the lizard lady. She went up to the big guy and the lizard lady and said, "Hi! My name's Kerana! This is my friend, Deora! Welcome to Valhalla. " she said it in the most enthusiastic and cute way, who could resist.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:30 pm
Being unsuccessful at finding her friend Liv returned to her room. She noticed that her companions for the night were already gone. Most likely they had found themselves waking up in their each others arms. A sight that Liv would have loved to see. Liv stood in the rays of light in her living room that entered through her ceiling window. Spreading her arms, she closed her eyes and began to take in the sunlight. Light start to form a sort of layer around her that slowly merged with her. She had discovered this little trick a long time ago. Seems her ability to manipulate and control light also allowed her to absorb it and convert it to energy for herself. Hence why she called her power 'Light Goddess'. Her skin was smoother than it had been over the last few days. She physically rejuvenated herself by absorbing the light.

When she heard Gidgets announcement she decided to go. Never know what you might find out ya know. Surprisingly she liked her speech when she heard it. It also sparked a certain curiosity of Trinity's boyfriend. She did however raise her hand for a question.

"Yeah right here Gidgy. um...there seem to be less and less safehouses for us. Yesterdays attack won't be the last I'm sure. What's to stop them from attacking us here? Sorry for bringing this up but I think many of us are concerned with it."

Upon hearing Trinity being mentioned along with her 'boyfriend' certainly took him off guard. He flushed slightly. But at least now everybody knows he figured. He then heard Liv speak. She did make a good point and it has also been on his mind a couple of times. Sure they could fend them off but you may never know what Daedelus has up their sleeves.

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:45 pm
Trinity finished her meeting with Lieutenant Mitch. The blue man seem to have everything on track as well as all of his colleagues. She went to the social and got there in time to hear her being mentioned, Awww Gidg... you shouldn't have... but this meant that there would be more attention brought to her. Not wanting to draw too much attention she dropped into her shadow and remained a pair of glowing eyes in Gidget's shadow. She sends a text to Gidget [I'm here if you need me]  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:02 pm
mc2
Annie settled into the car's front seat her eyes narrowed dangerously at Shane, "You should know me well enough by now to know that I take orders from no-one. Maybe you think you could handle the problem, but at what cost? Hundreds of civilians? You getting a hold of their power? That would have been real good considering your ability to control yourself is lessening more and more."

"I have my son now, the only reason I am staying with you is because I want to," Annie snapped. "I still think that restoring Gidget's soul to her body is wrong. It isn't what she would want. I am not going to be the one to take that upon myself- that's you- all you. However, I am not going to stop you either because that is what you want. And what you want and what will make you happy I have been overlooking because I love you."

She clenched her fists, her nails digging into her palms, drawing blood. She was furious but she was controlling her power for now. In a low voice she said, "Do not cross me, Shane. I will contact 'the machine' and tell her your plans if I have to. I am not some infatuated seventeen year old girl anymore. I do have my own objectives."

"If that is a problem," Annie continued feeling a few drops of blood dripping from her clenched fists, "tell me now. I and my son will leave. But know this now, if I leave I will tell 'the machine' your plans. The only way you could stop me from doing that is to kill me. So, if I am a problem than fine. Go ahead take care of me. I am not scared of you."

Shane's eyes darkened in response to Annie's threat. "You are being impetuous and melodramatic. I can't believe you would stoop to that level, or that you actually think what I am doing is wrong. The person sitting behind us is her, not a girl I'm attempting to replace her with. If there were anyone in this world willing to understand what I am trying to it I thought it would be you."  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:23 pm
Nova Blancke
Being unsuccessful at finding her friend Liv returned to her room. She noticed that her companions for the night were already gone. Most likely they had found themselves waking up in their each others arms. A sight that Liv would have loved to see. Liv stood in the rays of light in her living room that entered through her ceiling window. Spreading her arms, she closed her eyes and began to take in the sunlight. Light start to form a sort of layer around her that slowly merged with her. She had discovered this little trick a long time ago. Seems her ability to manipulate and control light also allowed her to absorb it and convert it to energy for herself. Hence why she called her power 'Light Goddess'. Her skin was smoother than it had been over the last few days. She physically rejuvenated herself by absorbing the light.

When she heard Gidgets announcement she decided to go. Never know what you might find out ya know. Surprisingly she liked her speech when she heard it. It also sparked a certain curiosity of Trinity's boyfriend. She did however raise her hand for a question.

"Yeah right here Gidgy. um...there seem to be less and less safehouses for us. Yesterdays attack won't be the last I'm sure. What's to stop them from attacking us here? Sorry for bringing this up but I think many of us are concerned with it."

Gidget put a pleasant smile on her face. She knew exactly what this sounded like, and she was going to face it head on.

"That is a very good question, one that I am sure many of you have had in the past, and that every new coming is wondering about right now. Rest assured that the thing that has kept Daedalus out of these walls is standing around you and before you. Your security personnel, their tenacity, as well as my innovations, my defenses...and my very soul."

Gidget raised her arms and caused the lights and PA system to blink and play different music respectively. "So long as we live, you will all be safe from the Daedalus threat."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:43 pm
Kerana

Kerana wasn't hard to spot and neither was the lizard lady. She went up to the big guy and the lizard lady and said, "Hi! My name's Kerana! This is my friend, Deora! Welcome to Valhalla. " she said it in the most enthusiastic and cute way, who could resist.

Larry's eyes went big and doe eyed as he reached his enormous hand out to pet Kerana. "Kitty!"

Heather giggled and waved at Deora and Kerana with her scaly, clawed hand. "Hi I'm Heather, and this is my little brother Larry. It's very nice to me-et...you"

Heather's eyes were slowly drawn away by the picture of blonde perfection that spoke up a few rows behind them. Her scales darkened a bit, and her dewlap dropped considerably. She didn't know this girl's name, but she was going to find out.

Her attention was once again diverted by Gidget's display of her metahuman ability. Her scales returned to normal and her dewlap contracted as she looked around in stunned amazement at the spectacle.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:26 am
Rikki Tikki Travi
Shane's eyes darkened in response to Annie's threat. "You are being impetuous and melodramatic. I can't believe you would stoop to that level, or that you actually think what I am doing is wrong. The person sitting behind us is her, not a girl I'm attempting to replace her with. If there were anyone in this world willing to understand what I am trying to it I thought it would be you."

"Am I?" She asked turning her gaze away from him as she stared out the window. "Honestly, I don't know what I think anymore. What would have happened if we didn't find Gidget's body? I am sure you'll tell me that doesn't matter. But I have a good idea of what you would have done: you would have found another girl's body to use."

Annie closed her head and leaned her head back, "I understand what you are trying to do, but that doesn't necessarily mean I am sure it is the right thing to do."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:32 am
mc2

"Am I?" She asked turning her gaze away from him as she stared out the window. "Honestly, I don't know what I think anymore. What would have happened if we didn't find Gidget's body? I am sure you'll tell me that doesn't matter. But I have a good idea of what you would have done: you would have found another girl's body to use."

Annie closed her head and leaned her head back, "I understand what you are trying to do, but that doesn't necessarily mean I am sure it is the right thing to do."

"Would you prefer she remained trapped in that shell? All senses made artificial to her? Damnit Annie, she never even had a first kiss. I swore to my mother and father that she would be happy and healthy if anything happened to them. I wasn't aware of my power when that monster attacked, but I will use it and what intelligence I have to make sure she gets her life back."  

Rikki Tikki Travi

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:44 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi

Larry's eyes went big and doe eyed as he reached his enormous hand out to pet Kerana. "Kitty!"

Heather giggled and waved at Deora and Kerana with her scaly, clawed hand. "Hi I'm Heather, and this is my little brother Larry. It's very nice to me-et...you"

Heather's eyes were slowly drawn away by the picture of blonde perfection that spoke up a few rows behind them. Her scales darkened a bit, and her dewlap dropped considerably. She didn't know this girl's name, but she was going to find out.

Her attention was once again diverted by Gidget's display of her metahuman ability. Her scales returned to normal and her dewlap contracted as she looked around in stunned amazement at the spectacle.

Kerana giggled as Larry pet her. She liked when people per her. She was able to hear what the names are. "Nice to meet you Larry and Heather." she paused as she heard Liv, and remembered the real good ear rub she gave.

Then she saw Gidget's presentation. "Gidget's power is soo cool. Sometimes I wish I could do the cool stuff she can do. I could point at the tv to turn it on and switch to the channel I want. Dim the lights and enjoy my favorite show."

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games