Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply The Desert of Forgotten Roleplays [Inactive roleplays]
-╪ Tuatha De Dannan ╪- [ Medieval Fantasy / Steampunk ] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would be your preferred mode of transportation?
  Dragon Rider
  Air Ship
  Wings
View Results

Talise Anora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:00 pm
User Image
User ImageNae carefully took the offered book from her fellow apprentice and cradled it to her chest, letting her body support most of the weight. It wasn't her spellbook of course, it was Cyrillia's, and she had no idea what the other girl wanted Nae to do with her personal spellbook. It seemed to Nae though that her fellow elf was a bit flustered, maybe even distracted. She wondered what could possibly be on the other maiden's mind.

Nodding softly to the other girl, Nae Nae made a mental note to herself to simply drop the book off at Cyrillia's quarters. Assuming the door wasn't locked. Well, if the door was locked a simple spell would fix that. It seemed a little rude to assume, but surely her friend wouldn't mind the intrusion since she'd given her the book in the first place.

"If you can find the other guests, please let them know that breakfast will be ready shortly. Oh, and that the Kae'dryn has not come down yet, so they will have to wait. If they need a bath or accommodations there are still guest rooms open. You know how to draw the bath. I'll keep an eye on the visitors already settled. I think it's important they do not wander too much. The Kae'dryn would be angry if she caught them somewhere they were not supposed to be. The knight seems respectful enough, so I doubt he'd take any liberties. The gypsy though.." she lets the sentence fall off with a shrug.

Briefly she considers asking Cyrillia about the other guest they had expected that weekend, but quickly decides against it. Given the other girl's current state, she decides to just take it easy on her. Giving the other girl a smile and a nod of parting, Naelonni treks off down the corridor to check on breakfast and maybe put Cyrillia's book away.

Secretly she hopes her brother returns soon. She was really starting to worry about her sunshine haired friend.

I am a leaf on the wind...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:23 pm
User Image

User ImageThe firey haired maiden shrugged softly to her companion. "Dunno. Maybe these guardians are like the Fey themselves, few and far between. It could be they've just never been around at the right moment before. They could be shy like the other forest folk, paranoid of humans and resistant to interaction with us. Maybe one of them has been watching you and this was the first time you were in enough danger to provoke them into action."

Staring down into her mug, her brow furrowed in thought, Molly continued to mull over the possibilities. "There is a general, unspoken rule amongst the Fey to keep out of the lives of humans. Perhaps these 'sisters' have a similar rule. Maybe the one that helped you broke that rule tonight." Canting her head softly, her gaze drifted to the fire. "Sometimes a Fey will take fancy to a person. Usually it's because that person helped them somehow, or they witnessed a surprising act of goodness. They become intrigued and keep an eye on said person. Having a Fey come to care for you is the number one reason that hands off rule is broken in the Fey world."

"It rarely ends well though..." she mutters, her voice becoming quiet as her eyes return to her mug, now clasped tighter in her small hands. "That's why the rule exists... to avoid heartbreak and tragedy. The love of a human always spells death for a Fey."

Cheshiyre
Crew

--Winters-Cruel-Fate--

Hilarious Regular

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:14 am
User Image

User ImageShe looked after Nae as she trekked off down the corridor when she came to realize something. She had just given her book to Nae without asking her to put it back in her room. How could she have done that? She had been so preoccupied with everything else that her manners slipped away, unfortunately it was too late. Naelonni was already gone. 'I hope I didn't upset her..' she thought with a frown.

Pulling herself together, Cyrillia turned heel and started down the opposite corridor, she had the other guests to attend too. However guilt plagued her mind, she would have to apologize to Nae as soon as she saw her again. She absently decided to prepare the baths for them, they were under her charge and she needed to make certain that they would be comfortable however as she walked down the hall it soon dawned on her.

She didn't know where to find the other guests. Cyrillia stopped and frowned a bit, she hadn't taken them to their appointed rooms. Had Nae? She glanced over her shoulder to the hall behind her, was she hoping Nae would be there? "Oh dear.." she brought her gaze back to the hallway in front of her, she could always go door to door and see where they were.

Would that be rude? No ruder than her handing off her book to her friend and not even saying anything.

Cyrillia's brows furrowed with distress, she didn't want to bother her friend with this so began knocking on each door. Of course she skipped over rooms she knew was inhabited by others, she did not wish to disturb them this early in the morning.

After going through the long trails of the hallway she found herself in the kitchen, she hadn't found the angel nor the Kael'dori. Had they already left? She walked further in when the light from the window caught her in the face, she squinted her eyes having been down a semi-dark area. Cyrillia walked over to the window, her eyes adjusting to the light from the sun, "Where could they be..?" she trailed over noticing something in the distant coming closer to the tower. What was that?

[OOC: I apologize for the confusing from my last post. I hope this one isn't that confusing >~<]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:26 am
User Image
User ImageThe previous night had eventually been concluded, thankfully, by the companion she had been expecting to arrive rejoining her. That poor soul had found a bitterly amused, somewhat incensed Weaveshaper prowling her rooms, those long-fingered hands flexing and un-flexing as she worked to mitigate her anger. It said something of their relationship when the outburst that was directed towards that person was not explosive...

Well, not explosive.

The "regaling" of the tale was vented forth (eventually) over several bottles of wine, the ancient spellcaster battling away her frustration with a well-tested and well-practiced habit; the evening snark-fest over magnificent libation. Unfortunately, her compatriot had not the age, nor the tolerance to wine behind them that the Kae'Dryn did... When that person's eyes finally began to droop in a lasting fashion, Relm had gently draped one of her many blankets over the somnolent form nestled within her lounge pillows, and slithered off to bed herself.

Sleep was no great ally of the Kae'Dryn, even in the best of times. With someone else in her usually silent chamber, it was even more elusive and short-lived than usual. Those tapered ears picked up on the soft sound of her companion's breathing, the oddness of it eventually causing a single golden eye to slit open, the arcanist scanning the room for the sound's source...

And find that source she did.

It took only a faint effort through the Weave for Relm to slither silently from her bed, and make her way to the washing chamber adjacent to her room. And it was only a matter of a few minutes before she had made herself functionally decent company, the worst ravages of the drinking and following sleep-induced breath eliminated. Those issues attended to, silent footfalls traversed through the quiet room once more...

Indeed, that precious friend's only warning of company was when the blanket draped over them stirred faintly, and the slight form of a certain golden-eyed sorceress slithered behind them, snuggling close and snaking an arm about their waist...

Seraphi Thorne

Cheshiyre
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:21 pm
Seraphi Thorne

Indeed, that precious friend's only warning of company was when the blanket draped over them stirred faintly, and the slight form of a certain golden-eyed sorceress slithered behind them, snuggling close and snaking an arm about their waist...

User Image

User ImageThe various contingency spells placed on her person had worked their magics overnight, reducing any lingering effects of the alcohol to an inconsequential level. Therefore it was not a dulling of senses that created the slowness of response from the ebon skinned witch as the weight shifted beside and behind her. Rather, it was the lack of her many skillfully placed wards not going off when the other woman came into her vicinity.

In the dark days of her youth, the fearful and badly used witch had invested her education in all forms of defense and shieldings imaginable. Time and experience were healing, and the growing confidence she found in her own abilities caused her fear to evolve into an only slightly unreasonable sense of paranoia. With each passing day an array of spells were intricately woven for, around and against her person to ensure a level of discretion and safety above normal comprehension. The few closest to her recognized these weavings as simply another facet of her personality; reserved, controlled, cautious and detached.

Even amongst the few dubiously privileged enough to be called friends, there was only one who had enough knowledge of the Weave to slip passed her defenses without notice. That minx of a woman, however, could not escape the non-magical, physical alertness that instantly snapped crystalline eyes open when an arm was so casually wrapped around her waist. Every muscle tensed, clawed nails dug into the cushions beneath her, her hackles instantly raised, her mind searched for answers...

Only to find them in the familiar scent of a certain, irritatingly proficient magi snuggled up against her.

"Relm..." a mixture of relief and annoyance hissed through clenched teeth as she attempted to get her instincts to hex the woman into oblivion under control.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:25 pm
User Image

User Image
It may have been the brew playing at her thoughts, but the idea her friend explained out was just mad enough to be plausible. Kari's face scrunched with consideration for a moment before she let out a hefty sigh and set her mug down. Slipping back into the trade tongue, she slapped her knee with her right hand and declared, "Roight then. I 'spose we'd better have a chat with the well meanin' spook, haven't we?"

Suddenly realizing how daft and random her last sentence was she raised her good arm slightly and explained herself quickly before giving Molly a chance to rebuke. "What I mean is n** this in the arse before it goes any further. I dinnae what I could have done to get the fancy of a guardian, sister, fey, or what have ye. I can't, in right feelin', let the poor soul risk itself on my behalf. I think it best to sort this out with a thanks, and then let the matter rest."  

BeaMichelle

Seraphi Thorne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:56 am
Cheshiyre
"Relm..." a mixture of relief and annoyance hissed through clenched teeth as she attempted to get her instincts to hex the woman into oblivion under control.

User Image
User ImageNephyris could not see the smile that crossed the features of the woman behind her. Impish glee combined with a hint of mischief, possibly with a touch of plotting. But she probably knew the ancient magi well enough to imagine the cheshire grin, even without seeing it. There had been more than enough times in the last few decades for her to see it, after all...

Relm couldn't help but savor the internal struggle she knew Nephyris was fighting with. It probably wasn't entirely pleasant, but... After last night, and the raw measure of restraint she had been forced to exert, perhaps she was due a little bit of indulgence. Besides, there was a deeper reason than to merely make her ebon-hued friend squirm behind all this.

The fact that Nephyris was putting forth the effort was actually the reward the ancient magi was searching for. Suddenly having history walk through her window the previous night, combined with the perceived abandonment from the ebon-skinned sorceress, topped off with the utter fiasco in the entryway... Relm was actually feeling a little more than just old. Part of the rage last night was the sudden flood of isolation that had overcome her. In more than a few ways, Nephyris was the closest person to her...

So, she allowed the vexed hiss to escape Nephyris with only that invisible smile, and a faint shifting to settle herself more comfortably. After all, she imagined it would only be a few moments before the darkly coloured woman writhed herself free, and abandoned the cushions. Instead, that chime-like alto almost purred a whisper into the other woman's ear, as gentle as the arm settled about her waist.

"...Good morning, sleepy one," she breathed quietly. "The day is probably going to be a busy one, and I would rather be the one who wakes you, than one of my apprentices knocking on the door..."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:32 pm
BeaMichelle

"Roight then. I 'spose we'd better have a chat with the well meanin' spook, haven't we?"

Suddenly realizing how daft and random her last sentence was she raised her good arm slightly and explained herself quickly before giving Molly a chance to rebuke. "What I mean is n** this in the arse before it goes any further. I dinnae what I could have done to get the fancy of a guardian, sister, fey, or what have ye. I can't, in right feelin', let the poor soul risk itself on my behalf. I think it best to sort this out with a thanks, and then let the matter rest."

User Image

User ImageThe redhead dubiously regarded her friend over the rim of her earthen mug. "Have you gone barmy?" the query rather incredulous, "How d'you plan on pull'n tha' off? Wat'll ye do, pick a random spot in the forest an' just holler out 'Hey Guardian pers'n, I'm right flattered and all, but no thanks!'? You've lost it, you 'ave."

Shaking her head softly, she took a sip of the now cooled liquid clutched within her hands. "If it be a Fey, you can bet ye won't be see'in 'em again for a while. Either word'll get back tha' they broke the rules and they'll be chast'ined, or they'll be hidin' away for a bit to avoid gettin' caught. I've been told tha' particular rule is enforce'd pretty harsh 'round 'ere. Our villagers... our culture... personalities... the Fey folk are attracted to us. Noble but feisty spirits and all tha'. They've 'ad experience with their kind gettin' mixed up with us b'fore. There's a whole history on it."

A curled lock came dislodged from behind her ear and fell softly against her cheek, but she was so used to the antics of her unruly mane that she paid it no mind. Especially as now it seemed she was concentrating again, crease lines formed between her furrowed brow. "I'm not convinced they are Fey tho'," she admits after a moment of thoughtful pause. "If they were natives of our forests, I'd 'ave met 'em by now. They might be nomads, or be immigrat'n 'ere from some other land. Could be they weren't drawn to the battle last night 'cause they were defend'n you. Could be they are look'n out for the Forest Giants, an' they just followed the enemy 'ere."

Cheshiyre
Crew

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 pm
Talise Anora

Briefly she considers asking Cyrillia about the other guest they had expected that weekend, but quickly decides against it. Given the other girl's current state, she decides to just take it easy on her. Giving the other girl a smile and a nod of parting, Naelonni treks off down the corridor to check on breakfast and maybe put Cyrillia's book away.

Secretly she hopes her brother returns soon. She was really starting to worry about her sunshine haired friend.

User Image
User Image
Heron had seen the arches of the great tower long before any of the people within stirred with wake. His most recent task was complete. Now he would be back where he felt the most comfortable.

The Kae'dryn had been making it a point to have him do more things independent of his sister. He understood the reasoning behind it, of course, but it wasn't an easy thing to get used to. They had never been apart for long before arriving at the legendary teacher's doorstep. It had been getting easier. Actually, easier wouldn't quite describe it. It had been making him less anxious over time.

The strange craft that he had caught a glimpse of piqued his curiosity. He had half a mind to run straight to the tower and warn the others, but quickly realized that would have been a futile action. The Kae'dryn had to have known it was there. She knew everything about everything that transpired on these lands. He knew that from personal experience on his first day there when she called him on his big talk.

He entered the tower as quietly as he could and made his way directly to the kitchen first to drop off the food stuffs he had acquired. He wasn't all that surprised to see that breakfast was already in the works. No doubt Naelonni had once again taken the initiative to make the day start with bellies full of grand morning cuisine. He chuckled and smirked, musing on how she had become quite the cook as of late.

Now that he knew his way around the kitchen, unshrinking and stocking his cargo was easy. He was just about done when he heard his sister walk through the entryway into the kitchen. He turned around and smiled a brother's warm smile.

"Morning Nay Nay. Did the Kae'dryn decide she didn't like the fixture in the main hall anymore, or did I miss something interesting?" he asked with a jovial tone.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:27 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi

"Morning Nay Nay. Did the Kae'dryn decide she didn't like the fixture in the main hall anymore, or did I miss something interesting?" he asked with a jovial tone.

User Image
User ImageWith the welcome sound of her brother's voice, Nae all but drops the ladel she'd been stirring with and launches herself into his arms. "Oh Heron! Thank goodness you are back!" she cries, hugging him close. It seemed that now, in the comfort of the familiar presence, all of the stress from the last 24 hours was suddenly catching up to her.

"I have never been happier to see you!" she admits, releasing him just in time to scurry to the oven and remove the breakfast loaf she'd been preparing. "Last night was absolutely dreadful. We'd been expecting that dark skinned woman.. you know, the real secretive one that comes for a weekend at a time. But I'm not sure she even arrived. Instead we got a whole slew of adventurers. And there was a human with them. They came in looking for the Kae'dryn. They are on some great mission involving a scourge in the South." She doesn't seem to realize that she is rambling, even as she busies herself with setting the bread out to cool and checking on the contents of the breakfast pot again.

"The Kae'dryn agreed to see them, but during her.. entrance.. everything fell into chaos. The chandelier caught fire and came crashing down, almost squashing the visitors. Then right at the last moment, a living legend appeared and saved them.. but I think she angered the mistress.. Oh!" she exclaims in pain as her distracted rant allows the bread blade to pierce her skin. "Oh fiddlesticks.." Nae brings the finger to the lips to catch the blood.

I am a leaf on the wind...

Talise Anora

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:54 am
User Image
User Image
Heron quickly went for a towel and brought it to his ranting sister. He could hardly believe all the things that she had just told him. Adventurers, a human, a scourge in the south, falling chandeliers, and a living legend. He had indeed missed much during his time away.

"Whoa, easy now. I'm the one who injures hands with cutlery, remember?" he said. He then raised a scared hand as a reminder of their first day there when he almost flayed the skin off of his finger.

"Now, slow down a bit and elaborate. I've missed much and would like to hear the whole story before I run into the human and assume the worst. Here, let me help you."

He took a quilted mitt and removed the breakfast pot from the flames. He carefully took it to a round cooling rack for it to sit and simmer while he saw to Naelonni's hand and listed to her story.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:22 pm
Cheshiyre

A curled lock came dislodged from behind her ear and fell softly against her cheek, but she was so used to the antics of her unruly mane that she paid it no mind. Especially as now it seemed she was concentrating again, crease lines formed between her furrowed brow. "I'm not convinced they are Fey tho'," she admits after a moment of thoughtful pause. "If they were natives of our forests, I'd 'ave met 'em by now. They might be nomads, or be immigrat'n 'ere from some other land. Could be they weren't drawn to the battle last night 'cause they were defend'n you. Could be they are look'n out for the Forest Giants, an' they just followed the enemy 'ere."

User Image

User Image
Kari made a face that suggested that she wasn't all that satisfied with the explanation she was just given. "Tha's all fine and dandy, love. she sighed, "But we can dodder for nights talkin'."

Her tone was becoming more desperate, making it clear that the night's events had left her a bit shaken. "The force needed to cut tha' tree down in one blow is beyond thought. I can't let this rest like I could tales said to me when I was but a chiseller."

"Tha' thing helped me t'night. For tha' I am grateful. But I dinnae wha' it is, where it came from, or wha' it wants. It could mean harm for all we know. Takin' us in with false trust. I hafta know, Molleh."

She paused and looked down for a moment. The knuckles of her right hand had gone white from making an overly tightened fist during her rant. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly while her hand loosened up went up to her eyes to rub the bridge of her knows with her thumb and forefinger.

"Or maybe I'm jus' knackered and gone in the head." the guardian halfway admitted. "Forgive me."  

BeaMichelle

The Desert of Forgotten Roleplays [Inactive roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces