Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:54 pm
Nova Blancke
Alexavier rubbed his head in slight frustration. " You have no idea what it's like to being able to do just that. It's so....boring! There's not fun in it. It's always more fun if something tells you. Of course there is always the risk of a lie but hey, occupational hazard."

"Yeah, well it isn't much fun just to use my power to murder and harm people-even Daedalus agents-because I know what acid burns feel like to a point and it is a particularly excruciating and cruel way to go, in my opinion. And messy," Annie answered. With a sigh she pinched the bridge of her nose, "Look, this bantering and debating is pointless. Just ask for my help on whatever shenanigans you have planned and I'll probably help. Just as long as it would avoid killing or harming civilians, I'll help. I may complain. I may not be thrilled about it. But I'm not completely heartless: I sometimes am willing to help others accomplish their goals. Especially if I have formed a slight attachment to them."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:17 pm
Nova Blancke
"It's open!" Liv responded at the knock on the door. Her hair was in a high ponytail. Liv was wearing tight black yoga pants with a white tank top and had a very subtle glistening skin because of sweat. Whatever she wore, she always made sure it complimented her great figure. She was just stretching. When she turned around she saw Ako.

"Well hello there handsome. You come here often? Because if you do I should come here more often"

Ako took a moment to take in the sight before him as the door closed behind him. Judging from the way the woman was dressed, he'd come a little unprepared wearing his boots, cargo pants and jacket. His shirt, he guessed, would be fine, but the rest might get in the way. He'd never let them slow him down before, though, and he wasn't one to train in gym shorts. He had of course noticed the woman under the clothes, but as a faithful man, the sight of her didn't sink in much past an appreciation for her fit physique and attractive features.

Before the moment of appreciation started edging towards a creepy stare, he dawned a smile and spoke . "First time, actually. I assume you're Ms. Crystalion?" He shrugged off his jacket as he voiced his question, laying it in a heap by the door, revealing the plain black short-sleeve shirt that was his preferred subdued style. While it didn't cling to muscles as a gym shirt might, the sleeves did reveal his arms, toned and scarred from fighting.  

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:31 am
"Then I'll be gentle since it's your first time." Liv chuckled as she walked over to him. Extending her hand towards him she introduced herself and took a closer look at his arms as she shook his hand. " Liv Crystalion, Light Meta. And I see you are a bit of a fighter eh? I like bad boys." She said with a charming smile.

"I have no idea. Zero motivation what so ever. For all I care the world can burn right now and I wouldn't care." Alexavier said with a shrug." I don't even know how to entertain myself besides wreaking havoc and destruction and I am not exactly mister family man."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:04 am
Nova Blancke
"I have no idea. Zero motivation what so ever. For all I care the world can burn right now and I wouldn't care." Alexavier said with a shrug." I don't even know how to entertain myself besides wreaking havoc and destruction and I am not exactly mister family man."

"Yeah, well, I don't exactly win mother of the year award. Actually, I think Cassandra is probably more maternal than I am- which disturbs me to a point," Annie said with a smile. "We could return to Valhalla, not mention that Daedalus is on the warpath, and remain comfortable. Eventually the boyscouts and girlscouts at Valhalla will figure out the issue and go off to try and save the world, and probably try to rope us along. I, of course, will most likely agree because I am a pushover and feel obliged to help Valhalla since I am living there and plan to keep my son in their hands indefinitely regardless of my personal plans..."

"Hmm.... but the more I think about it the more killing a bunch of Daedalus agents sounds amusing. To get to test my powers to its limits, it could be amusing, or at the very least a useful experiment. Unfortunately, if I do reveal my capabilities now that could make me more of a target than before." She sighed and said, "Ah, the predicaments in life..."

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:02 pm
mc2

"Emotions are a state of being," Christian answered. "They are also a choice, among other things. They tend to be less fixed than other states of beings, but yes they are essentially the same."

Damien's eyes wandered as his head titled again. These concepts befuddled him to no degree. Emotions as a choice. It didn't seem that way to him. Even what little moments of emotion he had felt spontaneous and genuine.

His eyes focused back on Christian as he declared, "Very well. You like happy people, so I will choose to remain happy when I am around you."

He again tried to smile. This time his lips peeled back to show off his clamped teeth. He also squinted his eyes in a similar manner to the appearance Larry had a moment ago. Needless to say, it looked more like he was about to take a big bite out of something.

After a second his brow quirked. "I don't feel any different."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:14 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
Damien's eyes wandered as his head titled again. These concepts befuddled him to no degree. Emotions as a choice. It didn't seem that way to him. Even what little moments of emotion he had felt spontaneous and genuine.

His eyes focused back on Christian as he declared, "Very well. You like happy people, so I will choose to remain happy when I am around you."

He again tried to smile. This time his lips peeled back to show off his clamped teeth. He also squinted his eyes in a similar manner to the appearance Larry had a moment ago. Needless to say, it looked more like he was about to take a big bite out of something.

After a second his brow quirked. "I don't feel any different."

"Smiling doesn't mean you are happy," Christian sighed. "The best route to happiness is to pursue what you enjoy and what makes you happy. Everyone has something that makes them happy, you just need to pursue that after you find it."

He sighed and threw up his hands, "Regardless, I'm not going to stick around trying to teach something about the finer aspects of emotions. You either get it or you don't."  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Deora_Alvarez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:34 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
Larry gave Deora a greatful nod and look to Damien to see if the boy would take his mother up on the offer.

Damien shook his head before responding. "It's alright. Larry, please tell your sister that I have granted her a choice. She will know what it means."

Larry was puzzled, but at this point he'd learned not to question the kid. "I will, and thanks again." He gave Damien an appreciative pat on the head with his massive hand. He then turned and followed Deora to where Heather was.

Deora retraced her steps, trying to keep her excitement from making her run too fast for Larry, but his longer stride seemed to easily keep him in pace with her. Soon they were back at the door to Heather's temporary room, and Deora barely knocked before entering, holding the door for Larry. "Found him!" She called. Her eyes lingered on Heather as she saw her again, still amazed at the sight of her draconian features, especially the wings.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:23 pm
Nova Blancke
"Then I'll be gentle since it's your first time." Liv chuckled as she walked over to him. Extending her hand towards him she introduced herself and took a closer look at his arms as she shook his hand. " Liv Crystalion, Light Meta. And I see you are a bit of a fighter eh? I like bad boys." She said with a charming smile.

There was the slightest pop of static as Ako's hand took Liv's. Not painful, but noticeable, especially to him. It was always annoying when he let his control slip a little, and with the pent up energy building within him, it was happening more often. He forced a smile at her 'bad boys' comment, saying; "No need to be gentle, I can take care of myself. Just be careful, it's been a while since I've had an excuse to let loose, and this stuff doesn't like to be pent up." He raised a hand as electricity arced between his fingers like miniature Jacob's ladders, showing his point.  

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:24 am
Liv jerked her hand away in reflex. The electricity didn't hurt it just surprised her. "Well I certainly see what you mean by that" Liv responded. Electricity....that's a nice power to have. Maybe she should get herself a little bit of that. If Ako would need to release some of that power that had been storing up inside of him, he would feel a lot more empty and tired afterwards right? That's when she would strike. Subtly though.

"I'd give you a hand with your discharge but I don't it's smart to even touch you when you do release it." Liv joked.

A few lightning rods rose from the walls. Liv stepped back a little to give Ako some space.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:08 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi

"I don't think these are meant for flying. They don't bend right." She turned around and looked at the other women in the room with her. "Have you guys met many winged metas? Can all of them fly?"

"Most can as far as I know. Some of metas got smaller wings which can help soften their landing. Some can't lift off sorta speak but can glide down from high up. Others can fly like birds or bees. So you, you think you can't fly with those wings? Perhaps you can glide with them?"

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:25 am
Trinity saw a notification come up on her phone. It pointed out there was a localized acid rain storm not far from where she was. Annie was the first thing that came to mind.

She saw Deora come in with Larry. "Good work. Larry, this my be a lot to take in but this is your sister. I have to go, something has come up. If you need to go behind the mirror it can protect you from the fire Heather breaths out. I'll check up on you guys later."

She heads out. Walked pass the training room with Ako and Liv. Then pass the pressure room where Theonis was training then stopped in front of a closet.

She needed to suit up if she was confronting Annie. She was uncertain what made her release such a storm but did not want to assume that she wouldn't harm her because she's still Gidget's friend. Further mor no matter what she wears Annie could sense her blood and use that against her. How would she protect herself from that? Still there were innocent people caught in this storm caused by a meta. She felt that it was her responsibility to get them to safety, to prove that metas are not all bad. If she had the power to change points of views and she'd do it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:07 am
mc2

"Smiling doesn't mean you are happy," Christian sighed. "The best route to happiness is to pursue what you enjoy and what makes you happy. Everyone has something that makes them happy, you just need to pursue that after you find it."

He sighed and threw up his hands, "Regardless, I'm not going to stick around trying to teach something about the finer aspects of emotions. You either get it or you don't."

Damien's face became stoic once again. "You are frustrated. I do not understand why. From what memories I have gleaned, the usual objective of those with great knowledge is to share it. Intellectually, you are decades beyond your physical age of three."

His brow arched up in concern and contempation,. "But for all your intelligence, it would seem you still behave like a child. I don't suppose there is anything wrong with that. It is the natural order of things. It saddens me that you don't care for me...I truly felt you were the only person here I could identify with. I sincerely hope that we can be friends in the future."

He turned toward Cassandra and raised his arms to her, a child's gesture to be picked up. "I'm hungry." He stated flatly but with a hint of pleading.

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:34 pm
Theonis cracked his neck. Time to get this show on the road. If he recalled correctly, last time he was around 10 times gravity before he gave out. But that was with an additional thousand kilograms of weight. So he could do 20 times gravity with the same strength only now...he is much stronger. In fact....his power has jumped to new heights....twice since he had done that.

Switching his power on he adjusted to what 20 times would feel like. Not all that hard to do since it is twice of what he used before.

"Richard turn er up to 20. Just slide it up." Theonis called out. Richard for one didn't seem to in the mood to argue with him. It's something they have been doing since he got to use the rooms.

The air felt heavier and as if a hammer fell down upon him, he wobbled a bit on his knees. Heavier than he had anticipated. No problem. He quickly adjusted to bare it. And just as he suspected. He barely felt a thing.

Theonis pulled out his phone and texted Trinity. "If I don't break your gravity record today it will be tomorrow.But mark my words. It's going down baby!"

"Keep on turning it up Richard!" And so he did. Every time the gravity got dialed up he only gained around 70 kg extra weight. So far this had been child's play.

Before doing just that, she adjusted her bathrobe. Common sense would be to get some different clothes but to Cassandra that really did not matter at all. Cassandra smiled at the boy and gently picked him up. "Okay honey. Let's get something to eat." After she kissed Damian's forehead she looked at Christian. " You too?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:03 pm
Alexavier laughed.

"It's only fair to experiment with your newfound powers. After all...Daedelus would have done the same! Only now you have a actual say in the matter. Plus you are experimenting on Daedelus! Oh the irony." He lifted them both up and flew towards the driving cars.

"Think you can make a ball of acid into a projectile?"

The entity gave the old man a small nod and placed his hand on the man's head. There was a slight glow and memories flooded into the being's mind. Images of happiness followed by so many of pain. This man had seen war. Seen the devastation it caused. The man is still plagued by nightmares! He had lost his wife and children and yet he can still produce a genuine smile. For the first time the being felt a form of respect. It admired the old man's strength.

More memories followed. Divisions between mankind. Discrimination, racism, hatred, violence. Strong praying on the weak. Religion fractions whilst ultimately serving the same god going against each other. Different religions going against each other in the name of their god. Ridiculous....Should human kind be allowed to live when there is so much violence in their nature?

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:23 pm
"Maybe you weren't aware, but Daedalus isn't particularly interested in developing extreme emotional maturity in their test subjects," answered Christian. "All that matters is if they can follow orders. My father, cared about my intelligence, and the power I inherited from Mom, but it didn't matter whether I understood complex emotions. And it was a whole lot easier to manipulate my emotions to favor him from day one. You try learning that an emotional manipulator has been tinkering with your emotions probably since the day you were born and try to tell me how emotionally mature you might be."

"I have no need to be emotionally an adult and it quite frankly does not interest me. I am three. Don't treat me like one mentally, but you can't expect me to be some eighty year old, do you? Now that would be weird," Christian said. "But fine, you want to be friends? I'll give you a chance. But be aware I tend to have very little interest in being around unhappy people-it physically and mentally drains me. I'm not the self sacrificing type-even with something as simple as my energy."

He glanced up at Cassandra and said, "Yes, some food doesn't sound all that bad."  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games