Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:14 pm
Deora_Alvarez
Deora looked up from the random magazine she'd been skimming through as Kerana came back into the room. Her expression went from boredom to concern as Kerana said they needed her, wondering how she could possibly help. She got up quickly, anyway, and followed the fox girl. "Que pasa, Kerana? What's wrong?"

"Es la hermana. She's about to wake up and she may have trouble coping with what she sees now. I'm not sure but we you may need to use your power if she starts breathing fire." Kerana hoped it didn't come to that and hoped that she and Deora could help her cope with what she has become.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:42 pm
The Count of Monte Carlo
Ako knew he hadn't given her the answer she wanted, but what else could he say? Was he supposed to lie, say everything was alright? Was it better to tell the truth, yes, she was crazy and probably needed help? The only thing he could think of, to avoid hurting her feelings or lying, which would have eventually lead to the same thing, was to change the topic. He'd only told the truth, but still, it didn't feel right to him. But what was he supposed to do?

Gidget sighed, conceding that she eventually had to deal with the elephant in the room.

"I don't know where to start Ako. I need to get my emotions and impulses under control, but I don't know who could help."

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:45 pm
mc2
"It is like I said about how you look like Shane and have a similar power to him. Mom might not have said it, but something like that is bound to bother her..." Christian said, before smiling some, "But obviously you are not him. And I'm sure Mom could tell that right away: she can sense people's auras. Regardless, I agree with your logic about making people happy. I'm a sensor too, but not like Mom is. I only can sense people's emotions. I just want people to be happy. Happiness is more pleasant to be around than any other emotion. As long as you are making people happy than I don't have a problem with you. Actually, I think it is a great thing. It makes me happier to be around happy people."

Damien liked the look on Christian's face now. It made him feel that pleasant feeling he was just talking about. Damien tried to emulate it, but it came out looking like he was about to sneeze.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:55 pm
Larry returned from his bathroom break to find Deora missing from the waiting room. He shrugged and sat back down at his spot on the wall. Something important must've come up. He assured himself that she would return soon enough.

In the hospital room, Heather was slowly starting to regain consciousness. Her eyes, which had taken on a golden hue with slit reptilian pupils, felt strange. Colors were vastly more vivid. The holes in the side of her head that made up her outer auditory canals were also picking up more. It was loud. Almost as if reacting to her thoughts, the leathery fins positioned on the side of her head in front of her ears folded back to filter out the noise. Her whole body felt like it had fallen asleep. The pins and needles sensation caused parts of her, old and new, to twitch.

She heard familiar voices coming from the hallway. She turned her head in the direction of the door and asked, "Is someone there?" The sound of her own voice suprised her. It sounded like it did before the transformations began.  

Rikki Tikki Travi

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:29 pm
"There isn't someone here for that?" Ako asked. Surely there would be some sort of psychiatrist in a facility dedicated to helping metas. Many, if not most people would have problems coping with randomly gaining super powers. Wouldn't it make sense to have someone on site who could help them? And wouldn't Gidget know who they'd hired?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:33 pm
Deora was a little worried that they were trusting her with that responsibility, but surely the building's sprinkler system would kick in if things got out of control. "Okay, but we'll need to have water ready. I can't just conjure it out of the air."  

Deora_Alvarez

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:13 pm
Kerana nodded and looked around for something. They walked by a water cooler she saw a full bottle that would be the refill and thought, perfect. She dragged it out and pushed it to its side and rolled it toward Heather's room. "You think this will do?" Her ears twitch as she heard Heather's voice, "Is that Heather?"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:45 am
Cassandra giggled a little bit when she saw Damian's attempted smile. " It'll come eventually."  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:45 am
Nova Blancke
"Yes, his actions were not ideal. But the core of his intentions was good. Shane's ideal would have been carried out had he not been stopped. One hive mind, everybody else the same. No more conflict. But his methods were wrong. Tell me, which is better? Evil attained through good methods or Good attained through Evil methods?" The being asked. It had a goal and it would achieve it. However it would not go down the same path it's father did. It would bring this world together. It would fix it.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Even if good was attained with evil methods, most of the time it's temporary until the evil resurfaces and corrupts the good it caused in the first place.
Neither one really is better in my opinion.

Just how do you plan to do things differently? " she asked out of curiousity.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:17 pm
"So this world cannot be changed through good or evil you say? Should it remain the same for that very reason? I will not accept that. This world will be at peace. No more Man versus Man. No more Man versus Meta." The being felt a bit sad that she could not understand it's goal. Doesn't everyone desire peace? This emotion also new to it. Like anger it felt heavy but of a different kind.

"I only desire peace. I do not like conflict. Conflict is what brings this feeling of sadness. I do not like it. I do not yet know how but it will be done. You do not understand. There will be peace. I will leave now" The being said and just shot up through the opening of the roof, flying away fast..

Theonis didn't waste time and leaped up after him. Searching the sky for any trace of him his eyes darted around. But with no luck. "What the? Where the hell did it go?" Theonis almost shouted since he was still on edge. With irritated grunt he dropped himself back in to the hole of the roof.. " Either it's really damn fast or it used some other trick because I can't find him."  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:00 am
She listened to the being, it was obvious that the being does not know just how complicated his goal truly is and merging everyone into one mass like its father did will not help things at all. She watched as it escaped through the opening then Theonis going after it, she smiled as she watched him. It was breath taking to see him go to action without hesitation, very much like her at times.

She was surprised to see him back so soon. As he reported what happened she nodded, it made sense. She let out a sigh and shrugged, "I guess we're going back empty handed for now. Let's see if Gidget has been able to track it based on the readings she captured. She held him close as they dropped into the shadows then emerged at Valhalla in Gidget's lab. It was the other side of Gidget's lab that was nowhere close to where she and Ako are now.

"It just occured to me that if we go after the being now, we really have no plan. What are you thoughts about this whole thing? You think it's something to worry about?"

[EDITED]  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:16 pm
Kerana
Kerana nodded and looked around for something. They walked by a water cooler she saw a full bottle that would be the refill and thought, perfect. She dragged it out and pushed it to its side and rolled it toward Heather's room. "You think this will do?" Her ears twitch as she heard Heather's voice, "Is that Heather?"

Deora had to suppress a chuckle as Kerana casually stole the water cooler bottle. "Yeah, that should work. I just hope we don't-" She stopped as Kerana's ears perked. While her own ears were heightened by the meteor, Kerana's were strengthened by much more. The fact that they were now essentially little satellite dishes like her animal counterpart didn't hurt, either. "I'm not sure, let's see."  

Deora_Alvarez

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:59 am
"Aaaaaand it's gone." Alexavier said to Annie." It's still within my range to sense but that's kinda of the the entire city so it's still here just further away." Alexavier looked at its general direction. " I don't think it wants to be bothered anymore though."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:09 am
Nova Blancke
"Aaaaaand it's gone." Alexavier said to Annie." It's still within my range to sense but that's kinda of the the entire city so it's still here just further away." Alexavier looked at its general direction. " I don't think it wants to be bothered anymore though."

Annie pinched the bridge of her nose and took a deep breath. "Let me guess, Trinity was able to thoroughly piss it off? Any idea what it is going to be up to? I have a feeling if we did head back to Valhalla they will just send us out again to find it."  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:23 am
Reluctantly Theonis responded." Yeah okay. " It bothered him that it got away so easily. But it wasn't just that. What could he have done even if he stopped it? Somehow force it to come back to Valhalla? Theo wasn't sure what he wanted regarding that person.

"I was just thinking that. We treat it like a threat yet it was right when it said that it has been under attack since before he hatched. It's clearly out of our league so what do we even hope to accomplish? Lock it up if we can't handle it? If that is even possible? We can't treat it like some kind of animal just because it's different. We'd be no better than the rest if we did that."

Alexavier shrugged." Don't know what it's up to. Not sure if I should care. And what are they gonna do if I don't feel like going back after it? Or you for that matter. It's on it's own now and if it messes up we'll know and maybe we can talk it out. Or turn it into a steamy pile of mush. Or it could do that to us. So many possibilleties here." Alexavier joked." Not like we CAN do anything against it."  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 ... 550 551 552 553 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games