Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
What happened?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon In A Tree

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:18 pm
What happened to this guild? There's been barely any posts at all this year!
It used to be, at least to my knowledge, the biggest Harry Potter Guild on Gaia. So what happened?

What can we do to revive this place? Are there any reasons you all stopped posting here, and what can we do, as a Guild, to change this?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:05 am
I know. I haven't been on in forever because I was a senior so I had a ton of stuff to do between school, extracurriculars, and college stuff, but now that I've gotten back on, I'm shocked at how little activity there has been on the guild. I remember when I first joined a couple summers ago it was hugely active and everyone was always posting everyday and everything. I honestly don't know what we can do to revive it if it's because people simply aren't logging onto the site anymore. But I really wish it would be more active.  

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200

ZackyBakerVengeance

Liberal Entrepreneur

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:44 pm
Same. I've been so busy and money has been tight and working. Even the owner isn't in here anymore so thanks Facebook and twitter and tumblr. Well the positive is that there is three of us now smile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:02 am
The last ones standing, I guess. razz

Personally, I haven't been online much either.. Last year I moved to Denmark to live with my boyfriend, which has been really amazing. On the 15th, I'm starting school in Denmark as well.

I also had an incident where the Emergency in Norway almost killed me, so that was fun xD;

But perhaps if we just try to post a bit, more and more people will bother to check this place? At least it'll seem more active, so perhaps there'd be new members?  

Dragon In A Tree

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:47 pm
Maybe. But I think with new members, the owner of the guild has to approve them, so if she hasn't been on in a while, then we won't get any new members. I haven't been on lately because now college started, and I'm busy trying to keep up with my major, the honors college, and being on the competitive ballroom dance team. But I try to get on when I can.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:54 pm
I just remembered Gaia existed. Wow, I used to spend hours every day at this guild. Made some really good friends here. Now I'm getting all nostalgic.

Anyway, it seems that I still have Mod powers (why?), and I can comfirm that there are no current request to join. Sorry guys.

Does anyone still use gaia? It's all... strange. Really strange.  

Empress_Kat
Crew

Rogue_Rachiru

Dapper Guildswoman

6,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:14 pm
I login every couple of months when I remember Gaia exists. Then I get annoyed and leave because all of the new stories and features are too much to catch up on.

I was obsessed with this site a couple of years ago, I kinda miss it now lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:43 pm
Wow. Hello there, everyone. Almost a year after this thread was created, too.

I think a lot of the problem is, yeah, a lot of the members just... grew out of Gaia. I know I did, for a while there, but I came back recently and have been a little more active as of late.

If I remember correctly, I first joined this guild when I was thirteen years old. I'm now eighteen, and it's definitely difficult to look at things the same when you've gone from just barely a teenager to a legal adult.

Not only has my username changed (from Vyalias Kryptonite) but my house has changed, too, since Pottermore was released. I remember I identified with Ravenclaw and Ravenclaw only in this guild, but now I'm a Slytherin, and very proud to be.

Anyway, I wish you all the best and hope you continue enjoying Harry Potter regardless of the state of this guild. It's a little sad, yeah, but it had a good run, I think! c:  

Galyxies

Bloodsucker

AdmiralAdamaismyanti-drug

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:50 pm
I am another one of those got bogged down. I went to basic training and then straight into college and now I'm working with the troubled youth of today's society. I used to be on all the time. Here and in a few other guilds. But the way this guild has seemed to have died like this is amazing. I always thought that even if one or two people got busy there would still be some good activity going on. But I guess too many people had that idea and I was wrong.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:04 am
Wow, its been like 3 or 4 years since I last posted in here. I can't believe how dead it is. I remember that I user to be on here all the time. Now I just came to look for nostalgic reasons. I loved it here too. sad

I'm also one of the members who got bogged down with life. I mean I'm married, out of college, trying to get my master's degree and working. So its no wonder that I spend most of my time on FB because it's on my phone, just for covenience sake really.  

paraphernalia_101

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:01 pm
Yeah, I used to spend hours on here when I first got it when I was 14, and now I'm 19 and I started college and I got super busy with classes and I finally got onto facebook and twitter and tumblr. And honestly, one of the few reasons I logged onto Gaia regularly was because of this guild and then it started dying and I just didn't have anything to do on here so I just stopped logging on.  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games