The Elite Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Hogwarts is a place for students to come and learn to be a Witch or Wizard.
Tags: hogwarts, harry potter, magic, witch, wizard
Welcome to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! Here we teach students from the ages of eleven to seventeen. We teach them to use their powers to the fullest, and preferably in the nicest of way. We accept all students, and we treat them as if they were our own kin. Dear parents, please allow your children to join us, in another exciting year at Hogwarts!
We have a few simple rules here.
When Joining, I know about the fee, but in real life, you'd have to spend money to get stuff for Hogwarts. I'm just trying to make this seem right.
In the forums, we'll have the Dormitories((house)) where after you have been accepted to Hogwarts, you will be sorted. There will be a quiz in the forums, that you must PM TO ME! Do not post them! Once I have sorted you, go to your houses forum, and go to the profile page. Note, you can have up to four different people. But, none of which can be in the same house. You want to people, send me two quizzes with different answers, based on what your character would choose.
More rules will be in the forums later. But, feel free to send in your application to join any time.
* The year begins on September 1
* Hogwarts Express leaves King's Cross Station at 11 a.m., bringing students to Hogsmeade Station where the 2nd through 7th years ride horseless carriages up to the castle and 1st years cross the lake in boats with Hagrid
* the start-of-year feast
o the Sorting
o a few words from Dumbledore
o vast quantities of food and drink
o a few more words from Dumbledore, including the "start-of-term notices"
* classes begin on September 2 - schedules handed out at breakfast
* Quidditch trials during the second week (PS7), also flying lessons for first years
* Halloween Feast on the evening of October 31
o hundreds of live bats flying around
o delicious pumpkin treats
* first Quidditch match in the beginning of November
* second week of December McGonangall takes names of those who are staying over the Christmas holidays
* end of first term is usually about a week before Christmas and most of the students and some of the teachers go home
* December 25: Christmas Feast
* shortly after January 1: Hogwarts Express returns and start of second term
* Easter holidays - two-week break, students go home, exact dates vary every year
* exams are held the first week of June
* results come out the second week of June
* Leaving Feast, sometimes called the end-of-term feast, the evening before the Hogwarts Express goes back to London
* the Hogwarts Express returns to London during the third week of June
* all staff and students leave Hogwarts during the summer except for Filch (SN)
* The day begins with breakfast in the Great Hall. During breakfast, the morning mail arrives in a flurry of hundreds of owls. A bell signals the start of the first class at 9 am.
* There are two morning classes with a break between (signalled by a bell), followed by lunch and a break.
* After lunch, classes resume at 1 pm.
* Supper is served in the Great Hall toward evening, after which the students are expected to be in their House common rooms for studying and socializing. Curfew for older students is 9 pm (OP).
* There is no set bedtime after supper.
About This Guild
|Established on||Feb 14 2010|